Chapter 23

Be Mine Or Die

Tired from crying, the both of them just sit there next to each other and spaced out in silent watching the Han river flows at the late night.

"What's your plan?" Nichkhun, with his emotionless words, he breaks the silent.

"I don't know. . . tomorrow seems so cold and lonely. . . I can't see the future. . ." Sohee, she sighs with a forceful smile.

"What do you mean you don't know?! Did you tell him?! He needs to know!!" Nichkhun, he turns over and look at her.

"Nichkhun oppa. . . aren't I a fool? . . . From the very beginning. . . I knew that we're from two completely different world, yet I still believed that our love can shorten that distance. But his world is much farther than I expected. . . it's a place where I can never dream of reaching . . ." Sohee.

"What in the world are you talking about? I'm not asking about your foolish love, I'm asking what are you going to do about the baby?!" Nichkhun.

"Today. . . I went to meet his mom. . . you see, I accidentally over heard their conversation. . . It turns out that he was just playing, and I was just naive enough to fall into his game. . ." Sohee.

". . . Oppa. . . he never actually loved me. . . all along, it was one-sided love from me. . ." Sohee, she turns over to look at him, forcing on a painful smile with tears in her eyes.

"HE. . .?!! He. . .!!!" Nichkhun.

He furiously stood up, wanting to go look for Jiyong; but Sohee hold tight onto his hand, shaking her head.

"What are you?!! A Fool?! You're more than a fool!! You're in this situation because of the foolish act that you both did!! How dare he plays with your feeling and made you like this??!!! He RUINED you!!! You ruined what could've been MINE!! He NEEDS to pay for it!! Let me GO!! Let go of my hand!!" Nichkhun, he shouted as he cries.

"You can't. . . please don't. . ." Sohee, she cries.

"What ARE you?!! How can you let this go?! He PLAYED with your feeling!! How can you bare this all on your OWN?!! HOW?!" Nichkhun.

"Please stop, I'm begging you." Sohee, she continue to hold onto his hand, preventing him form confronting Jiyong.

"He has a lot to be responsible for already, adding me on will just be a burden for him. . . His future is filled with success and I'm the biggest obstacle of it, I don't want to destroy it so please leave it be. . . everything has already happened. . . there is no point. . . If his is our fate then there is no use fighting it. . ." Sohee.

"WHAT. . . What do you want me to do then?!! Seeing you crying like this with the baby in your stomach, the baby of another man. . . WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO??! I can't leave you be like this. . . This is killing me you know?!!" Nichkhun.

"I will leave. I will leave everything. I will leave him, you, this place and everything else. I WILL LEAVE!! I will leave so that everything will go back to its normal stage, like how everything used to be. I WILL LEAVE SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING!" Sohee, she cries as she lets go of his hand.

"LEAVE?! You're planning to leave. . . like this. . . so you can die?! Do you really think you can survive on your own like this?! How foolish can you be?!!" Nichkhun.

"Why MUST this happen?! WHY?! Didn't I tell you before?. . . I CAN provide you anything that he could, so why must you let this happen before that?!! Do you really know who I am??" Nichkhun.

"The boy that you met 12 years ago in that village is not a poor kid who had to moved in with his grandparents due to his father's bankruptcy. My parents are living well and are working in America right now, I can have anything I want with their money and power. Yet I made the decision to stayed in that village and grew up with you, do you know why?" Nichkhun.

Her eyes grew wide as she listens to him.

"The first time we met, when no one wanted to play with me because I'm from the city, because I was new and different. . . it was you, you came up and me and smiled at me with that in pure and innocent smile of yours. I thought you only liked poor kids so that's why I pretended to be one and stayed there. . . yet now. . . you picked him because of his wealth. . . " Nichkhun, he cries, holding his head.

"That is not it. . . please don't be like this. . ." Sohee.

"What is it then?!! Tell me! What is it?!" Nichkhun, he suddenly holds onto her shoulders and asked furiously.

"Everything. . . is the past now. . . I don't want to talk about it. I've already decided to leave, when I leave---" Sohee.

"Leave with me! Come with me to America. I will take you with me. Let's start anew, let's start again in America. I will provide you a much better future.  Come back to my side, huh?" Nichkhun.

"To America . . .?? And live with your parents? With this baby in my stomach. . . I can't. . .I can't do that. . . it's too much for you. . . I can't be a burden to anyone anymore, especially You." Sohee.

"I Don't Care. I don't care if you have his baby. I want you to come with me to America. I don't care if you still have feeling for him, as long as you're with me I believe that I can win your heart back. I will take care of this baby as if it was my own." Nichkhun.

"No, I can't let that happen. The baby may not have a father by its side, but it can't have a fake one either. I can't do that, I can't! This foolish heart of mine, though it has been betrayed and played with, it is still longing for him. In this life, I don't think I can ever love anyone else again. . . " Sohee, she shakes his hands off.

"Fine, I don't care. Whatever it is, as long as I can have you by my side. Come with me, will you?" Nichkhun, with a pleading expression in his eyes, he begs her with sincerity.

[30 minutes later, at her apartment]

Exhausted, getting support from the wall, she drags her feet to the door. 

She got a surprised when she sees Jiyong was there, waiting in front of the door.

He immediately ran to her and hug her as soon as she arrived.

"Where did you go? I waited for you." Jiyong.

"Oohh. . . we had a lot of customers today so I stayed back a little to helped. . . were you, were you waiting for me. . .??" Sohee.

"Nothing happened to you right? Nothing right?" Jiyong, letting of of the hug, he turns her to check for any injure.

"No, I'm fine. You should go home and rest, it's late already." Sohee.

"I don't want to go. I want to hug you like this for as long as possible." Jiyong, he go back to hugging her.

"Jiyong, listen. It's late, you need to go back home so that your family wouldn't have to worry. Hmm. . . tomorrow is Sunday, let's go on a date. We never went on a date right?? Let's go on our first date tomorrow, okay?" Sohee, she smiled.

"A date? Okay, but why do you suddenly want to go on a date? Shouldn't I, the guy be asking you out on a date?" Jiyong, he looks at her with an odd expression.

"Does it matter? Hm, I don't think it does. Come on, go home and rest well so you can have energy for the date tomorrow." Sohee, she pushes him to the elevator.

"Okay, a date it is. You better show up on time. See ya." Jiyong, he turns around to kiss her before entering the elevator.

Putting on a happy expression on her face, she waved at him as the door closes.

[Next day]

"Where are we going? Why do we have to walk when I have 3 cars and 2 motorcycles at home that we could use??" Jiyong, he nags.

"Such a beautiful Sunday like this, it would be a waste to be in the car don't you think? Plus walking with other people around on the street feels much better." Sohee, she spreads her arms wide and breathe in the fresh airs.

"This is our date? Seeing cherry blossom?? Why. . .?" Jiyong, he laughs, shaking his head as he sighs.

"Because it's spring time. I love standing under the cherry blossom trees as the leaves fall down on me. When I was young, I always said that I'd take my boyfriend with me to see the cherry blossom in spring." Sohee, she smiled as him as she walks backward under the path of cherry blossom trees.

"Don't you watch too many dramas?? Which drama did you get this from??" Jiyong.

"Catch me." Sohee.

She became playful and starts to run.

"What do I get if I catch you?" Jiyong, he laughs a little and start to run after her.

"A wish." Sohee, she answered as she runs.

"You said it." Jiyong, he laughs and then starts to run after her.

It didn't take a long time before he catches up to her. Caught her, he grabs her waist and spins her around and laugh.

"Got you now. Grand me a wish my genie." Jiyong, he speaks as he pull her close into him, holding tights onto her waist.

"What is your wish. It's only one wish so you better wish for something well worthy." Sohee.

"Hmmm. . . I wish for. . ." Jiyong.

Anticipating for his wish, yet he surprised her with a kiss.

"I will tell you later." Jiyong, he lets go on the kiss, the hug and starts to walk ahead, calling her over.

"Jiyong, tell me your wish now so that I can fulfill it before I leave." Sohee, she stood there smiling at him as she thinks to herself.

"Yah! Ahn Sohee!! Hurry up!! Didn't you run really fast when you ran away from me back then when we first met? Don't be a turtle and run here, NOW!!" Jiyong, he shouted for her.

"Coming~" Sohee.

The date continue on with them walking under the path filled with pink cherry blossom trees, the ground covered up with the pink leaves, talking to one another, laughing and smiling.

[An hour later]

As the date is coming to an end, Jiyong walks her back, as they walk on the street he started a conversation.

"Aren't you the luckiest girl? Your boyfriend is a handsome man, who has money and powers, the boss of Seoul High. Yet he's with you and is only looking at you. Don't be jealous if you see other girls surrounding him kay? Because he is yours." Jiyong, he holds her hand.

"What would we be like 5 years from now?? Hmm. . . we will probably be married and having your first kid. I think it will be a boy and he will look like me and we will be living in---" Jiyong, he gets excited talking about it.

"Stop!" Sohee, she stopped walking.

"Huh? Stop? Why?" Jiyong, he gets confused.

"Stop. There is No way we will be married, there is No way we will have any kid, there is No Way." Sohee.

"W-what are you talking about??" Jiyong.

"All of these times, I was just playing with you. I wanted you as my boyfriend because you're wealthy and you hold a high position in the society despite being young. Did you really think I loved you?? Hahaha. Don't make me laugh. Sorry but now that I've found someone better there will be no need for you." Sohee, she takes his hand of hers.

"What is wrong with you? This joke is not funny. Ahn Sohee, you're---" Jiyong.

"I Am Not Joking. I'm Breaking Up With You. We're Done." Sohee.

"Ahn Sohee, if you're playing, this is not funny. I don't wanna play this game." Jiyong.

"Do I Look Like I'm Playing? Kwon Jiyong, only a fool like you would fall for my trap. You should've listened to your fiance, she was right. Completely right. I wanted you not for your love, I wanted your wealth. But what's the point of using you now that I found a better man?" Sohee, she chuckles.

"A better man?! Who is HE?! What is his name?! What does he have that I don't?! I can give you anything you want, why are you---?" Jiyong.

"Kwon Jiyong, Stop Being Delusional. You and I do not belong together. I Have Never Loved You and I Never Will. Take this date as my last goodbye, don't ever come looking for me again." Sohee, with the cold look in her eyes, she turns around and walk the other way.

"Sohee. . . don't. . . don't do this to me." Jiyong.

He ran to her and stopped right in front of her, stopping her from walking any further.

"Did my mom say anything to you? Did you meet her? Did Dara do anything to you? Are you hurt? What Did They Do to make you like this? You're lying right? You're lying right? Tell me you are. Don't be like this, tell me." Jiyong.

"How old are you? Stop being foolish. I am not lying to you. We are done." Sohee.

*Honk*

A car comes approaching by the side walk.

"Let's go." Nichkhun, he rolls down the window and called for her.

"Him?? It's him?? What makes him better than me? How can he---" Jiyong, he panics a little as he asks her.

"Please don't look for me." Sohee, she pushes his hands off of her, and walk to the car.

She opened the door and entered while Jiyong runs after, holding onto the door.

"Sohee, Ahn Sohee. Don't go. Don't go. This is all a dream. This is not real. Stay with me. Where are you going? Don't go. Don't Leave Me!!" Jiyong, he cries, begging as he insisting holding onto the door, running along its side.

Hearing his shouts, she covers her eyes to hide her tears as the car continue on to move forward.

"Please don't do this, Jiyong please. Please go back to your rightful place, don't make this any harder than it already is. Please." Sohee, she cries to herself watching him running behind the car, calling for her.

After a long time of chasing behind the car, he falls onto his knees and cry, watching the car disappear.

"Ahn Sohee!!!" Jiyong, he shouted in tears, kneeling on the street.

[At the airport]

"Are you ready?" Nichkhun.

"Goodbye." Sohee, thinking back at all of the memories, with tears, she smiles as she takes one last look at the beautiful place that she will be burying all of their memories.

Hesitatingly, she boarded the airplane, following Nichkhun off to America.