Chapter 26

Be Mine Or Die

[Sohee's new apartment]

"He's asleep." Sohee, she walks over and sit down on the couch.

"He's adapting to the life style in Korea much faster than I'd expected. His Korean blood is running strong, he is exactly like his dad." Nichkhun, he looks at Sohee.

"Let's not talk about this. It's the past, I've moved on from what happened 5 years ago." Sohee.

"Do you really? Prove it. You still haven't give me an answer to my proposal. I waited 12 years before and another 5 years just for you. I take care and love Ji Hoon just like my own son even though he is my enemy's son. Are these not enough for you? How much longer do I have to wait?" Nichkhun, he looks as her as if the pain in his heart is about to explode.

Looking at his face, unable to response, she keeps in silent and just look at him.

"Alright, I understand." Nichkhun, nodding his head, trying to hide his tears, he stood up and walk toward the door.

"Oppa!" Sohee, she calls out, yet she is still unable to give him an answer.

"You don't have to answer me now. The day after tomorrow. . . that's the day of our wedding, everyone will be there. . . it's up to you on how this will turn out. . . whether or not you will give me your hand and accept my heart. . . I will wait for you. . ." Nichkhun.

"I'll be there. . . at our wedding. . ." Sohee, she hesitatingly answered, not looking at him.

Heard her answer, a smile grows on his face. With that he left the apartment.

The door closed, she would slowly sit herself down alone in the dark and empty living room, thinking.

"What should I do. . .?? I own him too much. . . " Sohee, she cries.

[Ji Hoon's room]

Walking into his room, sitting down, by the side of the bed, touching his head, she would watch him sleep.

"Ji Hoon. . . Mommy sorry. . . sorry that I'm such a weak and useless mother. . . I know how much you want to see your dad but. . ." Sohee, speaking quietly, she tries to hold in her tears.

"Mommy will marry Nichkhun hyung. . . you will understand and accept Mommy's decision right. . .?? We will be a family, you will be happy right?" Sohee, she his head as her tears slowly fall down one by one.

"Jiyong. . . will you ever be able to forgive me for hiding your own son away from you?? For telling him that you're dead? Will you be able to forgive me when you know the truths? It breaks my heart whenever I have to tell him that he doesn't have a dad, it breaks my heart to see him envying, watching other kids with both of their parents. . . will you both forgive me. . .??" Sohee, she thinks to herself as she watch Ji Hoon sleep.

Kissed his forehead, she closes the door and leave the room.

But little did she knows Ji Hoon was awake the whole time. Tears escaped his tightly closed eyelids as he heard the closing of the door.

"Daddy. . . I don't want Mommy to marry Nichkhun hyung. Daddy, can you come back to Ji Hoon and Mommy? Can you not be in heaven?? I only want Daddy for Mommy. . . Daddy. . ." Ji Hoon, holding onto his teddy bear, he would cry by himself, hiding under the blanket.

[Next day]

"Ji Hoon, eat your breakfast. It's Fruit Loops, your favorite cereal." Sohee, she tries to feed him as he is not eating.

But no matter how much Sohee tries to feed him, he would turns his head the other way, avoiding her.

"Ji Hoon, why are you not eating? School is about to start soon." Sohee.

With a frowning face, he gets out of his chair, takes his backpack, walk to the car, get in his carseat, closed the door, put on his seat belt and wait for her to come out.

"What's wrong with him? Why is he acting like this??" Sohee, putting the cereal bowl away, she grabs her bag and walk to the car.

[Seoul International Kindergarten]

"Teacher, please give him breakfast. He hasn't eat yet and we were in a rush to school so. . ." Sohee.

"Don't worry, we will serve everyone breakfast soon." Teacher, she smiled at Sohee as she takes Ji Hoon in.

With a worried heart, Sohee leaves the kindergarten and drove to work.

[B.G.I. Company]

"Make sure that there is no error in the contract." Mr. Robinson.

"Yes sir." Sohee, she bows her head then leave the room.

[C&M company]

"Why are you laughing to yourself like that? It's creeping me out?" Taeyang.

"Yah! Yesterday I met this kid name Ji Hoon, he really reminds me a lot of myself when I was younger. I think that's my reincarnation." Jiyong.

"I haven't seen you smile or laugh at all in the past 5 years, yet this Ji Hoon boy was able to make you this happy?? I want to see this boy. And by the way, you can't reincarnate if you yourself is still alive." Taeyang, sticking out his tongue, he teases Jiyong as he leaves the room.

"I Know That!!!" Jiyong, he throws the pen at the door.

[C&M's lobby]

"Do you have an appointment?" Worker.

"I'm Ahn Sohee, contract lawyer of B.G.I." Sohee.

After checking the computer for the appointment, the worker showed Sohee the way to the president's room.

[Jiyong's president room]

"The contract lawyer is here." Mr. Ha.

"Let her in." Jiyong.

Jiyong continue on to work on his paper, not looking up as the door starts to open.

"Hello, my name is Ahn Sohee. I am the contract lawyer of B.G.I." Sohee, she bows as soon as she enters the room.

Upon hearing Sohee's name, his pen dropped. In shock, he looks up, right at her. Sohee too, dropped her bag and the contract folder due to the shock of seeing Jiyong's face. The room became silent and awkwardness filled the air as they stare at each other continuously.

Breaking off the intensive stare, Sohee quickly picks up her bag and the contract folder on the floor. Jiyong too starts to get back to his senses.

Awkwardly sitting on the chair, facing each other, unable to speak, Sohee just look at the contract, avoiding his eyes while he keeps on looking fixed at her.

"Umm. . . I. . . I . . . here is the copy of the contract. Please read it carefully." Sohee, she broke the silent as she gently pushes the copy of the contract over to him.

He takes the contract and open the pages while his eyes continue on to look at her.

"B.G.I.'s contract lawyer?? You've worked hard over the past 5 years, Ahn Sohee." Jiyong, he speaks in a sarcastic tone as he flips through the pages.

She focuses on the contracts, trying to avoid talking about their past.

"The contract states that B.G.I and C&M will be partners on this new project under C&M. This is an agreement from both Mr. Robinson and Mr. Kwon." Sohee, she reads from the contract, ignoring his words.

"Did he pay for your law school fee? Never would I know that he would have that much money, I've underestimated him." Jiyong, looking at the contract without reading it, he continue on to speaks.

"C&M will be responsible for the project while B.G.I. will be providing the finance support as the major share holder." Sohee, she continue on to read, following the contract.

"Used me, abandoned me, watched me run after the car like an idiot, chasing after you, hoping that you would stay. Did you enjoy watching the stupid me running like a dog like that? Did I look pathetic and pitiful? Did you have fun, playing game with me?" Jiyong, his voice grows more serious and his words are filled with hatred.

"The contract states that---" Sohee, still looking down at the contract, she tries to ignore his words.

"Mr. Ha, leave us alone for a moment." Jiyong, orderd Mr. Ha to leave, he slammed the contract folder closed as he gets up from the chair and walk over to Sohee.

Had no choice but to obey Jiyong's order, Mr. Ha left the room.

Watching Mr. Ha leaves the room, she panics as Jiyong slowly getting closer to her.

"Did you enjoy your new luxury life in America with that bastard after abandoned me?" Jiyong, he keeps on walking closer to her while she grows more and more panics.

Can't avoid him, she looks around a little, trying to find a way out.

"What did you say?? You've found someone better than me so there was no more use of me?? You left me for that bastard because his parents lives in America, because he has money and he is not a gang leader?? Is he really that much better than me??" Jiyong, he stopped just a few inches away from her.

"Why? You didn't expect me to become the president of a big company like this?" Jiyong, he looks at her with hatred in his eyes as he speaks.

As he keeps on getting closer to her, she keeps on moving back away from him. At last when there is no more space to move back, Jiyong places his hands on the table, trapping her between his two arms. Their faces are now only inches away from each other, so close that they can feel each other's breaths. Even with that he keeps on getting closer, Sohee then quickly turns her head to the other side to avoid his face.

"Why? What's wrong? I worked hard over the past 5 years to get to where I am today. Didn't you say that you want the best man with lots of money? Aren't I the president of C&M now? I have a lot, a lot of money now. Why don't you seduce me like how you did back then? Why don't you try it? There is no one in this room but us two. You successfully seduced me back then, why don't you try it now?" Jiyong, he turns his head to face her, looking straight at her eyes as the fire of hatred fuel up in his eyes, with his lips almost touching her's he speaks as if he was about to eat her up alive, with madness and hatred.

With her fast reflex she quickly covers her lips and turn the opposite way again to avoid his electric glare. But Jiyong quickly takes her hand of her lips and held both of her hands down tightly on the table.

"What are you so afraid of? What's the point of trying to protect your lips. Didn't we do everything together already? What part of you haven't I see, huh? Or are you trying to save it for that bastard? What did you do with him?? You easily gave yourself to me, did you give yourself to him as well??" Jiyong, he stares at her.

Part laying on the table with her hands being held down, she struggles to free herself, but the more she tries the tighter he would holds her hands.

"A woman like you, with no self-respect, why are you so afraid of me? Don't you remember that night?" Jiyong, almost laying on top of her, he continue on to talks, venting out his hatred that he has been holding in over the past 5 years against her.

Looking at her scared and panics face, he moves in closer, as if he was trying to kiss her lips.

"According to article 11-6 of the law protecting women's rights under The Law of United Stated of America, ual harassment forcing on woman is a crime that can put you behind bar for up to a year." Sohee, in panics she shouted out to stop him as she starts to tremble a little.

"Tricked me to fall in love with you, played with my feelings then leave with another man. You played with a human's heart then take it with you when you leave. You robbed me, you're the thief of my heart. ual harassing and stealing a living heart, which crime do you think will be more serious to the judges? Ahn. Sohee.?" Jiyong, grinding his teeth, pressing hard on her wrists against the table, he speaks in madness.

"Ahn Sohee, because of you I suffered greatly in the past 5 years. Do you think that I still have feeling for you? You're thinking way too much!!" Jiyong, letting go of her hands, he angrily toss it away and turn his back to her.

In a panic mode, she quickly grabs her bag, the contract folder and rushed out of the room. 

She ran to her car, closing the door shut, she sits there by herself. With her hands shaking in panics, she covers and starts to cry. Never would she expects to see him like that, in such a situation. She has just arrived in Korea a couple days ago, yet there they were, meeting each other and reminded each other of the painful past that they both shared. Her body trembles in fear and shocks as her eyes grows big, staring blankly into space, not blinking much.

"This. . . this can't be happening. . ." Sohee, she utters the words in panics.

She continue on to cry by herself, unable to take in the shock.