Chapter 30

Be Mine Or Die

[Jiyong's house]

Barging into his house, Dara would follows him and start to nags.

"The 5 years that I waited for you, were those 5 years not enough? Why is it that every time that little girl shows up. . . every time she shows up you would always pay attention to her? Don't you remember how she abandoned you? Do you not remember your hatred for her? You HATE her, remember?" Dara, piercing each of her words into his ears, she scarily widening her eyes.

"400 people, in front of those 400 people you made me into a fool for a like her? Are you out of your mind? Have you gone crazy? 5 years before you were a kid, so I accepted it, yet 5 years later you are still a kid! Can't you tell from good and evil? Her evil aura is miles long, yet you're marching toward it with all of your effort, not knowing what you're getting yourself into? Must I lecture you like this for the rest of my life for you to understand?" Dara, despite him walking away, she continued on to complains.

"Kwon Jiyong!! You MUST---" Dara.

"STOP! I DON'T want to hear your voice right now. Leave me the alone!!" Jiyong, can't suppress his anger, he snapped.

"Whatever the Heck I do is my business, not yours! Whatever choice I made, it's my decision!! Who Are You To Tell Me Right From Wrong? Who The Heck Are You To Tell Me What I Can And Can't Do?!" Jiyong.

"Jiyong, YOU---!!" Dara.

"Get. Out. Right. Now.!" Jiyong.

"How Can You---??" Dara.

"GET OUT BEFORE I GO CRAZY!!" Jiyong, hot with anger, he shouted, pointing his finger at the door.

With a facial expression so mad that her face turns white, she crankily walks out of the door, slamming it hard before leaving.

The second she left, with hot burning anger, he punched the wall, leaving his hand injured as it starts to bleed. Though the pain on his wounded hand is nothing compared to the never healing bullet hole in his heart. Trying hard to control his emotion, he dropped himself on the bed, wanting to get rid of the unexplainable painful feelings in his heart, he just sleeps it off.

[Meanwhile]

Facing one another, siting on the two opposite couches, Nichkhun and Sohee would look at each other in silent. 

The feeling of guilt and regrets took a hold of her, no word was able to come out of as she senses the disappointment on Nichkhun's face. Knowing how upset he is, yet he still isn't saying a word or complain, make it worse for her. The air in the room would starts to become heavier and heavier, as time goes on.

"Just like before. . . I will always be the second person in your heart. . . every single time that I gain a step closer to the door of your heart, something will happen and bring me two steps backward. . . the 17 years that I've waited and all the efforts that I putted it, seems like everything just got washed away by the ocean. . ." Nichkhun, he speaks slowly, word by word as he stares fixed at her.

"Why is it that Me, who spent 5 years suffering with you become a Nobody the very moment you see his face? He, who put you through all of those pains, who did nothing and enjoy his own life while you were undergoing the torture of being abandoned, why must he be the owner of your heart? Does this make any sense?" Nichkhun, he painfully speaks to her, trying to hide his sadness.

"Don't you remember how he played with your pure and innocent heart? How he planned to abandon you after he finishes the game? What have he done to deserve that much love from you? Where was he when you were crying by yourself through those sleepless nights, holding the crying Ji Hoon in your arms?" Nichkhun.

"It was not his fault. I'm the one who made the decision not to let him know about Ji Hoon. It's my fault." Sohee, tears wet her eyes as she tried to defense Jiyong.

"Why Are You Siding With Him? Why Are You Defending Him? Must You Really Take All Of The Blame For Him?" Nichkhun.

"What am I to you? Have you ever consider or even notice my feeling? Did you really agree to marry me because you started to grow feeling for me, or did you agree to it because you felt the responsibility to pay me back for all of my assistant over the past 5 years? Which one is it?" Nichkhun, he demanded for an answer.

"It's not like that. . . I. . . I. . . I really am over him. . ." Sohee.

"It's not like that? What is it then? If you don't have any feeling left for him then explain to me what that hickey mark on your neck is." Nichkhun.

"That . . . that. . ." Sohee, she quickly covers up Jiyong's hickey mark, stuttering with guilt.

"Stop. I don't want to talk to you right now. If we continue on to talk. . . I don't know what I will do, I might hurt you, him or myself. That is enough for today. I will see you later." Nichkhun, tired, he brushes it off his shoulder and leave it as it for the time being, and like that he leave the house.

All by herself, sitting alone in the dark, spacious house that is filled with tears and sadness, she would think back at the incident happened today and would cry herself to sleep on the couch.

[Next day]

"Thank you for letting Ji Hoon staying at your house." Sohee, on the phone with Sunmi.

"Haha. No problem. But what would you do without me, huh? I'm like an angel sent from above to rescue you. Kekeke~~" Sunmi, she laughs.

"Angel Sunmi, thank you for guarding me. But I'm Buddhist, I don't really quite believe in angel." Sohee, she trolled Sunmi.

"YAH! YAH! Omomo!! 5 years of separation, now that you finally see your best friend again, you're trolling me? Haha~~ Seeing you joking and laughing like this I'm assuming that you're fine, right?" Sunmi.

"Yeah, I must be." Sohee, she sighed.

"Please watch Ji Hoon for a bit longer, after work I will come over to pick him up." Sohee.

"Kkayz~~ Work hard, lawyer Ahn~" Sunmi, they ended the phone call conversation.

[C&M meeting room]

Walking into the meeting room, Jiyong sees Sohee waiting by herself with a nervous look on her face.

"Mr. Robinson is on his way." Sohee, she stood up to greet him while trying to avoid meeting his eyes.

Although she was the first to talk, he did not respond back. Instead, he walks closer to her.

"I thought you didn't want to see me ever again. Why are you here?" Jiyong.

"This is my job, I need to be professional about it and put my personal feeling aside to work." Sohee.

"Personal feeling? You, a cold hearted person like you have feeling? What a surprise." Jiyong.

"Don't worry, I have no feeling for you whatsoever, so you can rest at ease. I have already---" Sohee, she paused as she notices his bandaged hand.

"What happened to your hand?! Why are they bandaged?! Did you get into a fight again? The blood leaked---" Sohee, worried, she naturally grabbed his hand.

"It's none of your business. Whether I die or not, don't concern yourself over it." Jiyong, he pushes her hands away.

At that very moment, Mr. Robinson entered the roomSurprised, the two of them turn around to take a look.

"Hello, Mr. Robinson." Jiyong, he and Sohee bowed their heads to him.

"Hahahaha. Don't be too formal, the two of you." Mr. Robinson, he walks in, laughing.

Not understanding the meaning of Mr. Robinson's laugh, Jiyong and Sohee looks at each other, confused.

"Why didn't you two tell me earlier? It would make me feel much more secure to know that my lawyer is your wife, Jiyong." Mr. Robinson, he continue on to laugh happily.

"What?" Sohee, shocked and confused.

"You haven't seen it? The secret marriage of C&M's president, Jiyong and B.G.I.'s lawyer Ahn Sohee has been reported on all of the TV news station this morning." Mr. Robinson.

"W-what? Mr. Robinson, you have mistaking---" Sohee, she quickly denies it.

However, before she was able to deny it, Jiyong quickly grabs on her waist to pull her into him.

"Sorry for not informing you about our wedding, I didn't want to bother such a busy man like you. Thanks for your late congratulation." Jiyong, holding Sohee, he smiled as he lies to Mr. Robinson.

"What are you doing?" Sohee, she struggled, trying to get his hand off her waist, in spite of her nonstop effort to free herself, his strength overwhelmed hers.

"Mr. Robinson, it's not---" Sohee.

She tries to explain, but her lips was soon embraced by Jiyong's lips. To prevent her from denying his lie, he held onto her waist tight, hold her down and kissed her. 

The kiss, lasted for almost a minute long. Letting go of the kiss, he continued to look into her eyes before turning back to Mr. Robinson.

"Excuse us. We---" Jiyong.

"Ahaha. No need to explain. Between husband and wife, this is normal. Seeing you young couple really reminded me of my young days, with my wife and all." Mr. Robinson, he seemed happy thinking back to the past.

"Ji Hoon is the same age as Mike, so he is almost 5 years old right? Jiyong and Sohee, you two had him before the official wedding? Ahaha. Jiyong sure is young and hot blood isn't he? To have a kid at 17th, that is something I wouldn't even able to imagine. . . like father like son, Ji Hoon will surely grows up to be a smart business man." Mr. Robinson, he praises.

"It's all thank to him that I was able to get this deal with B.G.I." Jiyong.

While Jiyong continue on to play along, Sohee turned numb as she listens to Mr. Robinson's words. Her face froze as she was afraid that he will misunderstand her intention for not telling him.

"Sohee, you have worked for me for almost a year now. . . having to leave your loved one, living in America and raise Ji Hoon by yourself, it sure is hard work. But hey, you did it for Jiyong's sake right? Look at him now, he is the most well known business man in Korea. You sacrificed youself for him, that is very admiring." Mr. Robinson.

"But how come in those times of working for me, you have never mentioned about Jiyong or Ji Hoon? I've just now recently met Ji Hoon, he is a very adorable kid---" Mr. Robinson.

"Mr. Robinson---!!" Sohee.

"My Dear WIFE, was that kiss not enough for your satisfaction? Do you want more?" Jiyong, stopped her from talking, he once again pulled her into him, holding her small and toned waist, while leaning his head against her, looking into her eyes with a threatening glare.

"Enough, enough~~ I'm being a third wheel here. With this, I believe that the contract will be good right? Alright then, I will leave now so you two can go do your husband and wife things." Mr. Robinson, laughing at the couple, he walks to the door and leave.

Right away, the moment the door was close, she quickly bang her head against his, and freed herself from his arms.

"YAH!! What did you do that for?!! Aish!! My Head!!" Jiyong, rubbing his head, he whined.

"My Dear Wife? Who's your wife, huh?!" Sohee.

"The news reported us as a married couple, do you want to tell Mr. Robinson that we are not? As a president, I can't let the contract go just like that!!" Jiyong.

"This Is Just For The Sake Of The Company. This has Nothing to do with my personal feelings, so Don't think too much of it." Jiyong.

"Whatever, I'm leaving." Sohee, annoyed, she grabs her bag, wanting to leave, but Jiyong grabbed her hand.

"Not before you sign those papers." Jiyong, he looks at her with a look that is filled with hatred.

Sat down on the chair, looking at the papers, she was surprised.

"What do you mean to Change His Last Name?" Sohee, she got upset looking at the paper.

"Ji Hoon is my son, so how is it that his last name is Ahn? It should be Kwon. Ji. Hoon." Jiyong.

"Who say you have the right to change his last name? He is my son, and his last name will remain with Ahn." Sohee.

"Alright, if you say so. I will see you in court then. Just don't be mad when I win over his custody." Jiyong.

"What?! How could you---??" Sohee, she shouted in shock.

"You have two options. One, you can sign that paper, get his last name changed. Register both of our names as his legal biological parents. And let him recognize me as his dad. Or two, we can bring this to court and let the judge decides who he will live with." Jiyong, putting his hands in his pockets, he looked at her with a cold stare.

"If you want to be with that bastard that badly then go ahead and choose the second choice. Just know that, Ji Hoon will be with me when the second choice is chosen." Jiyong.

"Are you forgetting that I'm a lawyer? I know all the law there is to win this case!" Sohee.

"Laws in Korea can always be bought easily with money. Compare to a lawyer and the president of Korea's Biggest company, who do you think will provide Ji Hoon with a better life? Between you and me, who will be more appealing to the judge concerning Ji Hoon's responsibility?" Jiyong, he looks at her with a victory smile on his face, seeing her unable to answer back.

Each and every single of his words burned her heart. Looking at the man who she loves the most, yet incapable of loving him, believing that he never loved her. She teared up at his cold words. Nevertheless, she had no choice, and like that she sit down and hesitatingly signed the paper.

[Sunmi's house]

"Ji Hoon, did you have a good sleep last night?" Sunmi, she his head.

"Yes. Thank you Sunmi noona for reading me those stories. But where is Mommy?" Ji Hoon.

"She's coming soon. By the way, do you want anything to eat? I will make it for you." Sunmi.

"I want pizza!!" Ji Hoon, he smiled big and radiant.

"Wah! Even their smiles are the same. So pretty and radiant. . . Ummm . . . I don't know how to make pizza. . . Stay here okay? I will call for some pizza delivery." Sunmi, with that she ran to the chicken.

Alone in the living room, he wanders around, looking at pictures and all the other things. He walks slowly, passing by each picture. Then, in front of a picture of Jiyong and Sohee, his feet stopped walking. He takes the frame down and take a deeper look at the picture.

"This is Mommy and. . . Jiyong hyung. . .??" Ji Hoon, he questioned himself, looking at the picture of Jiyong kissing Sohee's cheek, a picture of a young and happy couple.

Heard Sunmi's loud running sounds, he quickly put the frame back up and run over to her.

"Ji Hoon-ah, I ordered it!! In English!!~~" Sunmi, she smiled looking at the little Ji Hoon, feeling proud of herself.

"Good job~" Ji Hoon, he praised her in English.

The doorbell then starts to ring.

"Sohee, you're here---!!!!" Sunmi, opened the door, she excitingly greeted Sohee.

". . . Jiyong. . . you're here too. . .??" Sunmi, she looks at Sohee with a face full of questions.

Without talking, Sohee just looks at Sunmi and put on a smile.

"Ji Hoon, let's go." Jiyong, he called Ji Hoon over.

Ji Hoon was confused to why Jiyong was there, but nevertheless, he followed Jiyong.

[Sohee's house]

Entering the house, Ji Hoon pulled on Sohee's hand.

"Mommy, what is Jiyong hyung doing here?" Ji Hoon.

Taking a quick look at Jiyong, she takes Ji Hoon's hand and sit down.

"Ji Hoon-ah, Mommy has something very important to tell you, so will you listen?" Sohee, holding his tiny face, she gently smiled.

"Don't you always wanted to meet Daddy? Ji Hoon-ah, Mommy is very, very sorry for lying to you. Daddy is not dead. . . he is still alive. . ." Sohee, looking at Ji Hoon's face, forcing a smile on her face, she starts to cry.

"Mommy---??" Ji Hoon.

Jiyong then walk over, picking Ji Hoon up, he takes him to the mirror. Looking at the reflections of himself and Ji Hoon's, he starts to speak.

"Ji Hoon, look. Your face, your eyes, your nose, your lips. . . don't they look exactly like mine?. . . Ji Hoon-ah, Daddy is sorry for not knowing about you, I'm sorry for not being there in those past 5 long years. . ." Jiyong, smiling, he gently speaks, trying his best to explain it to Ji Hoon.

Staring at Jiyong's face, Ji Hoon seemed to be lost in thoughts for a moment. While in the back, Sohee is trying hard to control her tears and emotion from being over floated.

Soon, understanding the situation, Ji Hoon pouts his lips and started to cry.

"Daddy!!!" Ji Hoon, he hugged Jiyong tightly and cry, wetting Jiyong's shoulders with his tears.

Thankful that Ji Hoon was so quick to understand and accept the situation, Jiyong smiled in happiness as he hugs his son.

A few minutes later after the all of the crying has stopped and the tears are now all dried up, they gathered together and sit down on the couch.

With the two people, Jiyong and Sohee being silent, Ji Hoon quickly stepped in.

"Mommy, I'm not mad at you. Don't be sad." Ji Hoon, he comforted his mom, seeing her depressed face.

"Thank you Ji Hoon." Sohee, his little head, she smiled.

"Mommy!! Since we have Daddy now, can we live together? I really want to see Daddy a lot, a lot more. Everyday, when I wake up, I want to run to Daddy like how I always do with Mommy~~" Ji Hoon, drowned in happiness of seeing his dad, he didn't realize the intense hidden problem between his parents, and just boldly asked for them to reunite.

"We can live together right? Mommy, right, right??" Ji Hoon, he jumps in excitement while holding her hand.

"Ji Hoon, Mommy. . . we can't---" Sohee.

"Of course we can!!" Jiyong, he stood up and spoke loudly.

"W-what. . .??" Sohee, confused.

"Really?!! Yay~~!!!! Daddy is the BEST!!!" Ji Hoon, he ran over and hugged Jiyong.

"Since Ji Hoon wants it, I will grant it for you. Daddy will do anything for my beloved Ji Hoon." Jiyong, he picks Ji Hoon up and played with him.

Almost 2 hours later, after playing and talking with his dad, tired, Ji Hoon went to bed and sleeped soundly.

Meanwhile the tension between the broken couple continued outside.

"Why did you agree to such thing?" Sohee.

"What do you mean such thing? He is our son, if it is something that he wants, then he should have it. I'm his dad!" Jiyong.

"But---!!!" Sohee.

"No buts, part of the contract you signed, says that you have agreed to do anything I request for, so take this as the first one. Keep it to yourself, and live with me and our son. Remember that this is just for Ji Hoon's sake. Your job is to be a good mother to him, and a good housewife to me, that is it and Nothing else!" Jiyong.

"Housewife??! You can't---!" Sohee.

"Ji Hoon is sleeping, don't always shout so loud.  Let's stop talking here, it's late, I better get going. Don't think too much and just sleep well tonight. You should start packing your belonging. I will be here tomorrow to pick you two up." Jiyong, with that he closed the door and leave.

Her head starts to hurt, trying to take in all of those things at once. Holding her head, she walks back to her room and try to sleep while thinking about what's going to happen next to her and Ji Hoon.

[At the same time]

Landed safely from the flight, walking out of the airport, he paused his footsteps as the news of Jiyong and Sohee's secret marriage comes on the big public TV screen.

"She disappeared for 5 years, then suddenly out of nowhere reappeared, and she is now married to Kwon Jiyong? Bull crap!" Heechul, he smirked, laughing at the news reported.