Chapter 25

Be Mine Or Die

"How does it feels to be back in Korea?" Nichkhun.

"Hmmm. . . let's see, people are much more social and it's much more crowded here." Sohee, she answered with a smile while holding a cup of coffee.

"You know that really isn't my question. . ." Nichkhun, he thinks to himself while looking at her.

"Why are you spacing out like this already? We're here to work remember? Get back to your senses." Sohee, she waves her hand in front of his face.

"Yeah, work hard!" Nichkhun.

"Korea, our country sure is pretty." Sohee, she sighs happily, watching the street from the glass windows.

[Meanwhile]

"I would like to present to you all the new project that our company will be working on." Jiyong.

He starts to present the new project, as the president with leadership skills he spokes eloquently to the stock holders.

The presentation finally ended after 30 minutes of it starts.

"So Mr. Robinson, I would like to ask of your opinion about this project, would you mind to give me some enlightenment?" Jiyong, in his black suit, he walks over by Mr. Robinson and asked.

"Good, very good. At a young age, yet you are able to present such project like this, you are indeed a gifted businessman." Mr. Robinson, he praises Jiyong.

"You're flattering me sir, if you would, I'd like to have a talk with you regarding a possibility of working together." Jiyong.

[Jiyong's president room]

"Mr. Robinson, thank you for meeting with me like this. Since I know your main purpose here in Korea is to have a vacation trip with your family, I will get straight to the point. As the president of C&M I'd love it if we can work together with your company B.G.I. in order to help expanding our company into America. What do you think?" Jiyong.

Mr. Robinson looks back at his assistant for a short second then laughed a little before he gives his reply.

"Young men sure has a lot of ambitions. No matter how big one's company is in Asia, when it comes to America it won't stand a chance in competing with other strong and stable companies in the industry. Though I do like you and your skills very much, but this is too risky on my side." Mr. Robinson.

"Mr. Robinson, I can guarantee---" Jiyong.

"You do understand that I have over 400 people working under my company right? If something were to ever happen or go wrong within the company, these 400 people will lose their job. I surely don't want to put 400 families at risk for one business trade." Mr. Robinson.

Understood Mr. Robinson, yet unable to accept the fact Jiyong felt a little upset and disappointed inside.

"I see that you are a very clever businessman, don't give up young man. Although I can't agree to this now, I will definitely take it into consideration." Mr. Robinson, with that he walks out of the room with his assistant.

The very moment the door closed, Jiyong punched on the desk as he can't hold in his anger.

"I worked so hard on this presentation, yet this is it?? I can't accept this!!" Jiyong.

"Please calm down, don't hurt yourself." Mr. Ha.

"I did some research on Mr. Robinson, he has a 5 years old son, and he loves his family a lot. If you can somehow convince or get his son to like you then maybe he will change his mind. He did say that he will take the offer into consideration." Mr. Ha.

"His son?" Jiyong, he holds his head up, looking at Mr. Ha as soon as he heard.

"Yes, his 5 years old son name is Mike." Mr. Ha.

"How can I get his son to like me though. . .??" Jiyong, he walks around the room with his arms crossed, thinking.

"How? How? How???" Jiyong, he continue on walking.

"Research!!! Give me my laptop." Jiyong, he ordered.

"When it comes to kids, the best research method is the kids themselves. Why don't you ask the kids instead of searching it on the internet." Mr. Ha.

"You old man. Your brain works faster than mine." Jiyong, he smiled at Mr. Ha.

[Seoul International Kindergarten]

"Since they're Americans, this place is the best for researching." Jiyong.

"Excuse me, sir. Do you---??" Teacher, one of the teachers ran up to Jiyong.

"I've already asked the office for permission, no need for worries." Jiyong, he answered before she could even asked.

"Anything else?" Jiyong.

"No sir." Teacher.

With that Jiyong walks off, he starts to wonder around the school, watching the kids play.

"This sure is an international school, all blonde hairs and blue eyes, a few brown hairs and red heads, any Asian kid at all??" Jiyong, he asked himself as he crosses his arms.

Suddenly, he spots an Asian kid playing among the others.

"Yah, little boy." Jiyong, he walks over, closer to the kids and pats on the kid's shoulder.

Surprised, the kid turned around and look at Jiyong.

"I'm Kwon Jiyong, CEO of C&M company. Can I have a few words with you?" Jiyong, he bends down to look at the little boy.

When Jiyong finished talking the kid turned around and starts to walk back to the playground.

"YAH!! When adult ask you something you should listen and answer back!" Jiyong, he shouted at the kid.

The little boy stopped walking and turned back to look at Jiyong.

"Who are you?? Name? Age? Profession? Why are you looking for me? What do you want from me?" Little boy, he walks closer to Jiyong.

"W-what?? YAH! Who's kid are you?! What an attitude?!! You dare to---" Jiyong.

"According to article 5-1 of the law governing children harassment under The Law of United States of America, verbal harassment at little kid is a violation against the law. You can be be jailed up to 6 months for it." Little boy, crossing his arms, he stares at Jiyong with his baby face.

"What, what??! A little kid like you, what do you know about laws?!!! Wanna die?! Do you know who I am?!" Jiyong.

"Yah, kid. I'm a CEO of a company, I have my own lawyer too you know?! The Law of United States of America? Hahaha, you're walking on the land of Korea, the laws in America won't do you any good here, kid! Money is law in Korea, and I have all of the money there is in Korea. Talking law to me?? Hahaha." Jiyong, he get closer to the kid and stares back at him.

Despite what Jiyong said, the kid continue on to stares at him with his arms crossed.

"You sure know how to stare at people, what a unique kid you are. But where did you get that law thing from huh?? Who teach you that? Kids like you only know video games, yet you're speaking the lawyer language." Jiyong.

"Asking stranger about their personal private information is consider as---" Little boy.

"Okay, okay. I get it. You've read the law book, whatever it is, help me with something." Jiyong.

"Help you?" Little boy, he stopped staring and uncrossed his arms.

"Yeah. You see, I have to get a contract signed with Mr. Ronbinson, but in order to do so I need to win over his son's heart. His family is here for a vacation and---" Jiyong, he started to explain to the little boy.

Just then.

"Jiyong? What are you doing here?" Mr. Robinson, together with his son, he walks over to Jiyong.

"Hmm. . . I'm. . . oh is this your son? Mike?" Jiyong, can't come up with anything he tried to change the subject.

"Yeah, I'm here to pick my son up. Mike, this is Mr. Kwon, greet him." Mr. Robinson.

"Hello sir, I'm Mike, nice to meet you." Mike, he put out his hand, offering for a handshake.

Smiling at Mike, Jiyong shakes his hand.

"Hey Mike, you're here in Korea too??" Little boy.

"Hey!! Wow, I didn't know you're here as well." Mike.

"This boy knows how to speak English??" Jiyong, he thought to himself as he looks at the little boy with a questioned face.

"Mike, you know him?" Mr. Robinson.

"Yeah, he's my friend." Mike.

"I see. It's good that you have a friend here, this way you won't be as lonely while we're in Korea." Mr. Robinson.

"Hm? Jiyong is this your son? His face sure looks a lot like you. Haha. To have a kid at this young age, you sure are something else Jiyong." Mr. Robinson, he starts to laugh.

"My son . . .??" Jiyong, he looks at the little boy.

"Yes Mr. Robinson, because of me my dad had a very hard time with his work that's why I was sent to America with my mom. My dad works really hard so please do recognize his efforts and talents." Little boy, he smiled at Mr. Robinson.

"Dad! He is my friend, and he is very smart, I'm sure he got it from his dad. You should work with Mr. Kwon! I want to hang out with him more while we're here in Korea." Mike, he pleaded with his dad.

"Even my son is on your side, what can I do? Hahaha. If my son says you're good, then it is worth a try. Alright, I will send my people over to work on the contract tomorrow." Mr. Robinson, he looks at Jiyong and laugh, and with that he walks off with his son to their limo and drove away.

As soon as they left, Jiyong grabs the little boy's shoulders and starts to question.

"You can speak English?" Jiyong.

The little boy looks at Jiyong and nodded.

"I'm a Korean American, born and raised in New York of United States of course I can speak English." Little boy.

"You can speak 2 languages at such age. . . how admiring. How old are you anyway?" Jiyong.

"I will be 5 years old in 3 weeks." Little boy.

"You're only 5 years old yet you're that good at talking already?? Why did you lie earlier, saying that I'm your dad??" Jiyong.

"Didn't you ask me for help? I helped you to get the contract with Mr. Robinson." Little boy, he smiled, looking at Jiyong.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks kid." Jiyong.

"No need to thank me since you own me anyway. I helped you, so now you are indebted to me." Little boy, holding his hands behind his back, he continue on to smile at Jiyong.

"What?! Indebted? Me? Kwon Jiyong? The president of C&M is indebted to a 5 years old kid?! Hahahaha!!!!" Jiyong, he starts to laugh, holding his stomach.

"You really are extraordinary. Wow, what an interesting kid. What's your name?" Jiyong, he became interested in the little boy.

"Ahn. Ji. Hoon." Ji Hoon.

"Your name starts with 'Ji' as well?? Mine too, Jiyong. But hey, lying is not good. Little kids like you shouldn't lie." Jiyong.

"If it is necessary then lying is a must." Ji hoon, closing his eyes tight, he smiled, showing his teeth at Jiyong.

"Who taught you that?? Your parents must be some sort of genius to made a kid like you. School is about to end soon, your parents should be here to pick you up by now, where are they?" Jiyong, he looks around to school.

"It's 'parent' not 'parents' I only have my mom." Ji Hoon, he corrected Jiyong.

"You only have your mom? Why? Where is your dad? Why isn't he with you and your mom?" Jiyong.

"In heaven. My dad is watching over us in heaven." Ji Hoon, he looks up at the sky.

"So. . . your dad is dead? I'm sorry---" Jiyong, he felt bad for the little boy.

"I really want to see my dad. . . I want to know what he looks like. . ." Ji Hoon, he became sadden as put his head down.

"You don't know what he looks like? Why don't you try asking your mom? I'm sure she has his picture, video or something like that." Jiyong, he tries to comfort the boy.

"I can't. . . if I ask about dad she will cry, though she always smile in front of me, I know she will cry by herself in the room. I don't want to make mommy sad. . . " Ji Hoon, he speaks as one of his tears dropped.

"Yah, yah. Don't cry. I'm not good with crying kid." Jiyong.

"She must have some type of reasons to why she can't talk about your dad, you should listen to your mom and not trouble her about it. Be a good son to her and make her happy in your dad's place." Jiyong.

The little boy nodded as he wipes his tears.

"By the way, how much money do you want me to pay for the debt?" Jiyong.

"Give me your phone." Ji Hoon, he put his hand out, asking for the phone.

Laughing, Jiyong takes the phone out and hand it over to Ji Hoon.

"Here. I saved my number in there. I don't need any money. Your debt, I will get it soon, so wait for my call kay?" Ji Hoon, gave Jiyong back his phone, he smiled and run back to the playground with the other kids.

"In my twenty-two years of living, this is my first time encountering such an interesting kid like this. . . Ahn Ji Hoon, he has the same last name as her. . ." Jiyong, he thought it out loud as he watches Ji Hoon plays with the other kids.

Suddenly, he starts to think back at Mr. Robinson's words.

"Jiyong is this your son? His face sure looks a lot like you."

"To have a kid at this young age, you sure are something else Jiyong."

"Ahn Ji Hoon, that boy does look a lot like me when I was younger. . . but the way he speaks and his attitudes remind me of her though . . ." Jiyong, he smiles, thinking to himself.

"Five years already. . . Ahn Sohee, I wonder what you are doing right now. Do you still think of me like how I think of you . . .??" Jiyong, he looks at the wallpaper of them together on his phone.

[At the same time]

"Mother-in-law, I'm so happy that he finally agrees to it." Dara, she holds Mrs. Kwon's hand.

"Everything has already been decided, the engagement party will be the day after tomorrow. Honey, I am so sorry that you had to wait for 5 years, but you are the right one for him so there is no need to worry. He cares for you and will love you." Mrs. Kwon.

"But he still have that girl in his heart." Dara, her face turns dark as she speaks of Sohee.

"First love is hard to forget. Dara, honey. I'm sure he will forget her as soon as you two get marry. Once he sees your love and sincerity for him he will grows to love you, you two are destinate to be together. Don't worry about that Sohee girl, there is nothing between them anymore. She left and that's it, the end of them. There won't be anything to hold them together. You're the perfect one for him, understand?" Mrs. Kwon, she smiled, holding Dara's hand.

"That's right. Before, it was just a high school stupid love, now that he's older, he will know better. Plus there is nothing left between them, nothing. He is mine, Ahn Sohee. Kwon Jiyong is Mine!!" Dara, she thought to herself.

[Meanwhile]

"Mommy!!" Ji Hoon, he runs to his mom and hug her.

"Ji Hoon, Mommy misses you. How was your first day at school?" Sohee, letting go of the hug, she touches his face.

"Good, I met this one hyung and I helped him out." Ji Hoon.

"Really? Wah, I'm proud of you." Sohee, she pinches his cheek.

"Nichkhun hyung!!" Ji Hoon, he then runs to Nichkhun and hug him also.

"Hmm. . . Ji Hoon-ah, your birthday is in 3 weeks, what do you want this year? Nichkhun hyung will buy it for you." Nichkhun.

"Oppa! Don't spoil him too much. He doesn't need all of those fancy toys." Sohee.

"Ay! Birhtday only come once a year, he deserves to have anything he wants for his birthday. It's my money, I will do whatever I want with it." Nichkhun.

"Okay, I will take you two to your new home. Let's go." Nichkhun, he picks Ji Hoon up and they walk back to their car.

"For my birthday. . .  I will wish for dad to come to my dream. Dad, I really want to see you. . ." Ji Hoon, looking depressed, he thought to himself while looking at the sky.