Chapter 22

Be Mine Or Die

[A week later at Moonlight restaurant]

"How are you and Taeyang oppa doing?" Sohee, she asked while wiping the table.

"Good. It really all thanks to you and Jiyong. You guys are seniors in high school right? When you guys going to graduate?" Yubin.

"In spring, this May. It's only a few months away. . ." Sohee, she sighs.

"Why are you sighing?" Yubin.

"I don't know what I want to do. . . I have always been lazy in school and I don't have the best grades either. . ." Sohee.

"Don't worry, you will find something soon. You still have a few months left." Yubin, patting Sohee's back she bring the left over dishes back to the kitchen.

"Sohee-aah!! Bring this dish over to table 8!!" Mr. Kim, he called for Sohee.

"Coming!" Sohee, she runs back to the kitchen.

Holding the two plate of food, the smell of it made her feels a little weird. 

Suddenly, out of nowhere she dropped the plate and run to the bathroom.

"What's going on?! Sohee?! What's wrong?!" Yubin, she runs after Sohee to the bathroom.

Seeing Sohee vomiting, Yubin hurries over to pat her back.

"Are you okay? Did you eat something wrong?" Yubin, she worried.

"I don't know, the smell of the foods are giving me weird feelings. Am I sick?" Sohee, she answered as she gets up.

"The smell of food makes you feel weird?" Yubin, she asked with suspicions.

Looking at her, Sohee nodded.

Right after Sohee nodded Yubin grabs her hand and pull her into their locker room.

"Tell me honestly, did you and Jiyong. . . you guys did it?" Yubin, she asked carefully.

"We. . . we. . ." Sohee.

"Tell me the truth." Yubin.

"We. . . did. . ." Sohee.

"When was it?" Yubin.

"Why?" Sohee.

"Just tell me!" Yubin.

"Last week." Sohee.

"Oooh no, no, no!" Yubin, she grabs her head.

"What?" Sohee, she was confused.

"Go get a pregnancy test right now. I will cover it for you so go right now." Yubin.

"Pregnancy test? Are you saying I'm pregnant?" Sohee, with a shock face, she asked Yubin.

"I don't know, that is why you need to go get the pregnancy test to confirm it." Yubin.

Scared and nervous, she listened to Yubin and asked the bosses to let her have a 10 minutes break. She then went to the pharmacy, a block away and bought the pregnancy test.

After buying the pregnancy test she come back to the restaurant.

"Did you buy it?" Yubin, she ran to Sohee as soon as she came back.

"Yeah, I did." Sohee.

"Okay, let's go. Go to the bathroom." Yubin, in a hurry, she pushes Sohee to the bathroom.

Inside the bathroom, they both look at the directions on the box.

"Okay do it exactly like they say okay. I'll be waiting outside." Yubin, with that she went outside of the bathroom.

Following the instruction Sohee did exactly what it says. Leaving the pregnancy test by the sink she walks out of the bathroom.

"We'll have to wait for a few minute." Sohee, she speaks to Yubin while closing the door.

The both of them stay outside of the bathroom, nervously waiting for the result.

As they wait, Sohee's face gets more and more nervous. She's scared of the result, of what's going to happen if she is perhaps is pregnant.

[A few minutes later]

"Okay, it's time. Let's go and check." Yubin, she gets up and open the door.

Nervous, Sohee follows behind.

When they get inside, Sohee picks up the stick and check.

"Po. si. tive." Sohee, she said it in disbelief.

"You're one week pregnant." Yubin, she looks at Sohee.

"What are you going to do? Are you going to tell him?" Yubin.

"I. . . I. . . I don't know. . .We're only 17th. . . We're still in high school . . ." Sohee, she spaced out a little in panics.

"Well you have to tell him. He's the father of this baby. He has to take responsible for it. He's from a wealthy family, he can take care of as much as ten babies. You Have to tell him." Yubin.

"I'm scared. . . it's all my fault. . . what, what if he doesn't want it. . .??---" Sohee.

"Don't say that!! Every lives are precious. Babies are all meant to be no matter what. You Must let him know." Yubin.

"But, but we are both only 17th. . . this. . . Yubin unnie! I. . . I---" Sohee.

"Calm down! Don't panic! Everyone make mistakes, but this baby is fated!! It was not right for you two to do such thing at a young age. But everything has it own reason to happens. Take it as is and move on with it." Yubin.

"You love him and he loves you. You both love each other, and trust each other enough to do that right? If so then I'm sure he will be more than happy to hear this news. Love can over come anything." Yubin.

"But. . . our school. . ." Sohee, she still to be panic.

"May, 3 more months. You will graduate before then. No one will know. JUST don't panic, it will make things worse." Yubin, she tries her best to calm Sohee down.

"Listen to me. You must tell him. This baby is both yours and his. You both must take responsibility for it." Yubin.

"I understand. . . I will try to tell him. . ." Sohee, she still somehow seems to be scared, afraid that he might not want it.

[6:00PM]

"Since today is Saturday you guys can leave early. We're done for today. Good work everyone." Mrs. Kim.

Sohee and Yubin are now both standing in front of the restaurant waiting for their rides.

"Oh! Taeyang is here." Yubin.

"Don't be nervous and tell him okay? Good luck." Yubin, she smiled.

When Yubin was about to walk to the car, Taeyang gets out and start to walk toward them.

"Sohee-shi? Jiyong is busy right now so he asked me to give you a ride home instead. Come with us." Taeyang, he smiled.

"He's busy. . .?? Okay, well thanks. Sorry for the trouble." Sohee.

"No, not at all." Taeyang.

"What is he doing? Why is he busy? She is his girlfriend he should be more responsible." Yubin.

"I don't know. Probably some family stuff." Taeyang.

Like that the three of them all entered his car.

[At home]

Arrived home, she sits on the bed, touching her stomach she starts to think to herself.

"Baby, you're a gift to us. I'm sure he will love you." Sohee.

She gets happy and smile to herself while thinking about how she would tell him and how they will spend their time with the baby when it arrives.

"How should I tell him though?? I should tell him later. Wait no, today is Saturday. . . I have an appointment with Nichkhun oppa." Sohee. 

"Should I tell Nichkhun oppa? Will he be mad? He's my childhood friends, he will understand and support me right?" Sohee, she asked herself.

Just then she gets a phone call.

"Hello?" Sohee.

"Miss Ahn Sohee? This is Jiyong's mom. Let's have a talk. The car should be outside waiting to pick you up." Mrs. Kwon, with that she hangs up.

After the phone was hung up, Sohee didn't really have a good feeling regarding the meeting with Jiyong's mom.

Even though, she grabs her bag and leave the house.

[In front of the restaurant]

"Miss we're here." Driver.

"Thank you." Sohee, she speaks quietly as she opens the door and get out.

[Inside the restaurant]

"This way please." Worker, he shows Sohee the way to the VIP room.

When they reached the VIP room, the worker bows his head and then walk away.

Nervous, she takes a few seconds to calm herself down before entering.

As she slowly and quietly open the door, she stopped. She stopped when she sees Jiyong and his mom arguing. She hides a little and listen to their conversation.

"Why must you go against me? I'm doing this for your own good. You're the only heir in the Kwon family, can you be more understanding and responsible?" Mrs. Kwon.

"Dara came to me in tears, she cried through out the whole talk. You hurt her like that yet she is still loyal to you and love you. Where can you find a woman like that? You need to cherish her more. She's from a wealthy and high class family as well, she has her own pride you know? Why must you make trouble for us, no, why must you make trouble for everyone? The Park family, our family and even that girl??!!" Mrs. Kwon.

"Ahn Sohee, that girl. She only love you for your money and status. When she finds someone else with more money and a higher status she will leave you!" Mrs. Kwon.

"Mom stop." Jiyong.

"Jiyong, you---" Mrs. Kwon.

"MOM! I Said Stop." Jiyong, he takes a deep breath and starts to talk again.

"I was just a little interested in her. It was the first time that I've met some so different and unique. She interested me. In my life, ever since young, there would be tons of girls following me and want to be my bride just for the sake of money and status and I'm sick of it. Ahn Sohee, not only did she not like me, she went against me knowing that I can hurt her with my money and power. I was interested." Jiyong.

"I wanted to play with her and experience what it feels like to date such a girl. I have never dated before, so I wanted to try it out." Jiyong.

"The wealthy and high class person like me, no way I'd date a poor commoner like her. She may be interesting to play with, but soon I'd get bore with her. It won't hurt to play a little. When I'm done playing with her I will just tell her that it's over and we will break up." Jiyong.

Hiding, in silent, listening to his words, her tears slowly starts to fall down her cheeks. 

Can't bare to hear anymore of his words, she runs to the bathroom and hid herself in it, crying.

As she cries, her body starts to trembles a little. The pains and sadness that's filling up her heart and body are just indescribable. His words were like bullets piercing through her weak and scarred heart. Alone, in pains and sadness she would cry.

Meanwhile the conversation between Jiyong and his mom in the VIP room goes on.

"That is what I thought. That was exactly what I told myself." Jiyong.

"BUT I was wrong. I was lying to myself. I wasn't just simply interested in her. When I first met her, I have already been very interested in her and before I know it my heart has already belong to her. I have never loved before so I may not know it exactly. . . but I know for certain that I love her." Jiyong.

"I want to take care of her when she's sick, I want to wipe her tears when she cries, I want to laugh with her when she's happy, I want to make her smile, I want to love her. Together, I want to grow old with her. That is how much I love her. Yes, I'm 17th, but being young doesn't mean we don't know what love is." Jiyong.

"She gives me a warm feeling of a family. Of love, something that I was never able to feel for the past 17 years." Jiyong.

"Watching you and dad, I hated love. I thought that love didn't exist. That I will too be stuck in an arrange marriage with no real love and feelings. Watching you both as I grow up made me give up on love. I gave up on it. BUT, she, she defined love for me. She taught me what love is and how to love. If it wasn't for her I'd be like you and dad right now. Living a meaningless life." Jiyong.

"Jiyong, love is not as simply as you think it is---" Mrs. Kwon.

"How would you know what love is?? You've never loved before!! Do you even talk to dad?? You lived your life without love so you must understand how lonely and painful it is. Now that your son has found the love of his life, why can't you be happy and supportive of it? I'm happy now. Why can't you let me stay happy? Why must you try to separate us?" Jiyong, he shouted.

"Jiyong, I'm doing this for your own sake!!---" Mrs. Kwon.

"NO matter what I do in trying to get you to understand, you are just not willing to understand! That's it. I'm done with this family. I don't want to be part of this cold family anymore. I'm leaving!" Jiyong, with that he madly leave the room.

"Jiyong!!!" Mrs. Kwon, she was sadden listening to his words, his feelings toward her and her husband's marriage.

Sitting down, thinking back at her own failed marriage, she wipes the tears on her face and try to stay strong.

Get on her phone she calls the restaurant.

"Did that girl come?" Mrs. Kwon.

"Yes she did, she should be there by now." 

Mrs. Kwon hangs up the phone, wipes her tears and wait for Sohee.

Sohee too, in the bathroom is wiping her tears away. She washes her face, tries to get back to her senses. She looks into the mirror to see her own sadden reflection.

Carefully, she walks toward the door, checking to see if Jiyong is still there. 

After she confirmed that he has left, she slowly open the door and entered the room.

"You're here." Mrs. Kwon.

Looking at Jiyong's mom, Sohee bowed.

"Come. Sit down." Mrs. Kwon.

Follow her words, she walks to the chair and sit down.

"I know that you have been dating my son Jiyong for quite a long time now. However, I'd like it if you can---" Mrs. Kwon.

"We're not dating anymore." Sohee, she cut her off.

"What?" Mrs. Kwon.

"We're not dating anymore so you don't have to worry about it. You're right, Park Dara is the perfect girl for him. Only a beautiful girl with wealth and such high status can match your son. I'm a nobody, I should have never been into his life in the first place." Sohee.

"What are you talking about? So you two broke up?" Mrs. Kwon.

"Yes we did. You can go ahead with the marriage." Sohee, she stood up, bowing her head to her and then leave the room.

[Outside]

In a panic, she runs outside. She didn't want to stay there any longer. She has held in all of her pains and tears to say those words to his mom. 

Silently, she starts to walk home.

As she walks the words that Jiyong said keeps on repeating itself in her head. 

She continue on to walk and walk as the tears continue on to fall.

She just keeps on walking, not even knowing where she is heading to.

Nichkhun spots her as she passes by the Han river.

"Sohee!! You're 10 minutes late!" Nichkhun, he runs to Sohee.

"What, what's wrong?! Why are you crying?! Who made you cry?!" Nichkhun, he was shocked to see her tears, he panicked a little.

"Tell me! Who made you cry? Why are you crying?" Nichkhun, holding onto her shoulders, he shakes her a little.

"Oppa. . . what do I do. . .??" Sohee, with the lifeless look in her eyes she asked Nichkhun.

"What do you mean? Don't scare me like that." Nichkhun.

"Me and Jiyong. . . we are over. . . it's over. . ." Sohee, her tears would continue on to fall.

"O-over?! You guys broke up??" Nichkhun, he felt happy inside knowing that they broke up, yet he was pained to see her crying over it.

"You guys broke up?" Nichkhun, he asked again.

Putting her head down, she nodded in tears.

"It's okay. It's okay. I'm here, you have me." Nichkhun, he immediately hugs her.

"Don't cry. Don't cry over him. It's not worth it. Leave him." Nichkhun.

"Leave him and come to me." Nichkhun, letting of the hug he looks at her.

"I can't. . . I can't come to you. . ." Sohee, she cries.

"What do you mean?!" Nichkhun.

Can't hold it in any longer he lets it all out.

"Sohee, how can you not know my feeling at all?? Can't you see how much I love you?!" Nichkhun, he shouted.

She was surprised at his sudden confess. It was totally unexpected. She would have never though that Nichkhun, her best friends for 12 years is in love with her. 

With a shocked face, she keeps looking at him.

"I love you." Nichkhun.

Hearing his words she shakes her head.

"I can't. . . oppa, I'm sorry but I can't." Sohee.

"Why?!! Why can't you?!" Nichkhun.

"I know you only dated him because of his wealth and status. Trust me I can offer you the same thing! I'm actually---" Nichkhun.

"Oppa. . ." Sohee, she shakes her head, cutting him off.

"I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant with his baby." Sohee, she broke down into more tears.

Heard her, he got a big, big shocked. His jaw dropped in major disbelief. He lets go of his hands that were on her shoulders and takes a few steps back.

"No. . . no. . . No. . . YOU'RE LYING!!!" Nichkhun, in madness, he shouted.

"Oppa. . . I'm sorry." Sohee, she cries.

"YOU'RE LYING!!! The innocent Ahn Sohee that I know would never do such a thing!! You're LYING!! I Don't Believe You!!!" Nichkhun, he shouted.

"Did You NOT Read My Letter?!! I Asked You To Save Your First Of Everything FOR Me!!! With this meeting I've planned to confess to you!! Why?!! WHY?!! Why must you do this to me?!! WHY?!" Nichkhun, he cries in pains.

"Oppa, I'm sorry." Sohee, crying, she walks over to calm him down.

"Don't Touch Me!!!" Nichkhun.

"You've been touched by him!!! Give me my Sohee back!!!!" Nichkhun, he cries, falling down to his knees.

"Oppa. . . please don't do this. . ." Sohee.

"The 12 years that I've waited. . . just a few more years and I would propose to you. . . all of the things that I've planned out are all destroyed by him. He comes out of nowhere and stole you away from me!!! He stole you!!! Everything is destroyed." Nichkhun, he cries.

They both continue on to cry. . .