Chapter 16

Be Mine Or Die

"I'm going to see the principal now. See you." Nichkhun, he smiled waving at Sohee and Sunmi.

"Bye bye." Sohee, she waved back.

Nichkhun left.

"Yah! You really are a Jackpot! All the handsome and hot guys are revolving themselves around you!!" Sunmi.

"What do you mean??" Sohee.

"You really are clueless. This is the result of never dating anyone before!!" Sunmi, he pokes Sohee's cheek then walk to class.

"Yah!! What's wrong with that?!!" Sohee, she runs following Sunmi to class.

[Inside the class]

"Are you going to sleep again today?" Sunmi, she looks over at Sohee.

"Is that even a question? Of course I AM!!" Sohee, same routine she put her head down.

"YAH! YAH! Everyone BE QUIET! We have a new student today. Let's all welcome Nichkhun!" Mrs. Choi.

"Nichkhun??!!" Sohee, her head pops up almost immediately.

"Hello everyone my name is Nichkhun. I'm 17th this year. Let's all be friends." Nichkhun, waving like the Prince of England he smiled.

"YEESS!! Friends!!" All the girls in the class shouted.

"What a handsome man you are Nichkhun-shi??" Mrs. Choi, she blushed looking at him.

"Go find your seat. Seat anywhere you like my prince." Mrs. Choi, she smiled at him.

"Then I will seat here." Nichkhun, he sat down on the chair in front of Sohee's seat.

"OPPAA!!! Sit over here!! Why are you sitting with that girl?!!" The girls shouted.

"Sorriie~" Nichkhun, he smiled at the girls and apologized.

"Looks like we will be spending a lot of time together again." Nichkhun, he smiled at Sohee.

Sohee smiled back at him then go back to sleep.

[After school]

"How was your first day at school here?" Sohee, she asked, drinking the bottle of juice while the three of them start to walk toward the gate.

"It was good. I'm happy that I got to see you and be so close to you like before." Nichkhun.

Then suddenly with his hands on her shoulders he turns her around to face him.

"Why did you move to Seoul? You moved all of a sudden. . . our friends including me were not expecting it. I know that after your parents' death you have been living with your grandma but again soon after her death you moved. I don't understand. All of your life you lived in Gyeongju, we grew up together spending every single days together laughing and crying. It really hurt me when you moved. Why? " Nichkhun, with a sad look in his eyes he asked her.

"I have to complete my grandma's wish. Before she died she asked me to do one thing for her. I must do it." Sohee, stopped drinking the juice she suddenly became very serious answering his question.

"What is that wish?" Nichkhun and Sunmi, they both asked at the same time.

"Right now, it's too much to explain it. Plus I don't even know where to start. I'm clueless. . ." Sohee.

"Whatever it is let me help you." Nichkhun.

"No thanks. This is my grandma's last wish that me and only me must complete it." Sohee, she starts to head toward the gate again.

"Ahh, I forgot. But why did you move here all of a sudden? And how did you know that I'm a student at this school Seoul High?" Sohee, stopping her foot steps she turns around and asked him.

"A few days after you left everything seems to changed. It just didn't feel the same without you. I missed you, a lot. So much that I feel like a piece of me is missing, the other half of me? I don't know but I just had to look for you." Nichkhun.

"That still didn't answer the other half of my question." Sohee, she raises her eyebrows looking at him.

"Well a lot of people move to Seoul now a day so I figure you'd move here too." Nichkhun, he speaks timidly.

"But how did you know she goes to this school though? I want to know too." Sunmi, she suddenly becomes curious.

"Just. . . you know. . . I have friends here and I asked them about you so they told me. It's really not that hard." Nichkhun.

"Really? Through your friends? Okay. You have a lot more friends and connections than I thought you'd have." Sohee, she recognizes him and his sincerity.

"Wanna go eat? Sohee works at Moonlight restaurant. Since it's your first day here today I will treat you both." Sunmi.

"What do you mean treat? I'll be working." Sohee.

"Don't listen to her. Let's go!" Sunmi, she runs off first while Sohee and Nichkhun are following slowly behind.

"Where are you living? How are you going to support yourself?" Sohee.

"I rented an apartment. My parents send me allowance money every month so I don't have to work." Nichkhun.

"See!! This is one thing I have always been curious about. You were born here in Seoul but you moved to Gyeonju and live with your grandpa instead. Why is that?" Sohee.

"Ahh that. . . my parents are busy working oversea so I just live with my grandpa. He was the one who raised me up." Nichkhun, he scratches his head answering it slowly.

"For the 12 years of being friends I still don't know everything about you. Why so mysterious. . .??" Sohee.

"YAH!! Are you guys coming or what?!" Sunmi, she looks back and shouted.

"Coming~" Sohee, she runs to Sunmi following by Nichkhun.

[Meanwhile, Jiyong and Taeyang's VIP lounge]

"Don't you think they look too close together?" Taeyang.

"That's what I want to know too." Jiyong.

[Moonlight restaurant]

"This is where I work. Here are the foods you two enjoy kay?" Sohee, she smiled at them as she places the foods down on the table, she then walk away to take others' order.

"Does she work here everyday?" Nichkhun, he asked Sunmi.

"Yeah, but sometime the boss let her off for a few days. Basically she doesn't really have a stable working schedule." Sunmi, she eats her food.

"I see." Nichkhun, he nodded.

"I wonder what that last wish is?? Why did she move here all by herself going through all of these hard work just to fulfill her grandma's last wish. Seeing her working like this really pain my heart." Nichkhun, not even touching his food he just stares at Sohee working.

[Some minutes later]

"You didn't eat at all! What a waste of money!!" Sohee, she scolded Nichkhun, looking at the plates with food untouched.

"Eh! Why don't you take it home and eat then?" Nichkhun.

"Did you really not eat on purpose just to let her take the foods home? I mean she needs it since she is always tired and drained of energy. She barely have any time to sleep at all due to work---" Sunmi.

"I'm just being a pig. This has nothing to do with being over work. Haha. Oppa don't listen to her 4D mouth." Sohee, she covers Sunmi's mouth.

"Sohee-ah! Work is over we can leave now." Yubin, she called Sohee, walking into their locker room.

After changing back to her school uniform Sohee walks out.

"I walked Sunmi to the bus and made sure that she was safely entered the bus. Don't worry." Nichkhun, he gave her a smile.

"Thank you. Her pretty face is such a burden sometime. Who told her to born with a face like that?" Sohee, she pouts her lips.

"Anyway let's go home. I will walk you." Nichkhun.

"Um. Let's go." Sohee, she smiled and walk toward Nichkhun.

"Let's go." Jiyong, he entered the restaurant, hands in pockets he intensively looked at Sohee and Nichkhun.

"Who is he?" Nichkhun, he looks over at Sohee.

"Why are you here?" Sohee.

"What do you mean why am I here? I'm here to pick you up of course." Jiyong, he walks closer to them.

"I'm Kwon Jiyong. The boss of Seoul High and is also this girl, Ahn Sohee's boyfriend. Nice to meet you." Jiyong, he put on a smile while offering his hand for a handshake.

"What Did He Just Say?! Boyfriend?! Sohee's Boyfriend?!" Nichkhun, completely spaced out, he thought to himself, staring fixed at Jiyong.

Satisfied with Nichkhun's priceless shock expression Jiyong smirked.

"You're Sohee's boyfriend?" Nichkhun, to confirm he asked again.

"Since your pronunciation is perfect I will assume that you can hear perfectly fine as well right? You heard it. I am Sohee's boyfriend." Jiyong, he made sure to get the message across Nichkhun.

"Oppa, when I transferred to this school---" Sohee.

"How long have you guys been dating?" Nichkhun, he cut her off.

"I don't know. Around 2-3 weeks?" Sohee.

"So you started to date him right after you transferred here?" Nichkhun, his angry or perhaps jealous expressions were just indescribable.

"But, it's not like that. I can explain. It's actually---" Sohee.

"Let's go. You don't need to explain to another guy why you are dating me." Jiyong, he grabs her hand and take her out of the restaurant.

"My Sohee. . . My beloved Sohee that I have been crushing on and treasure ever since we were 5. . . she is now dating another man?!" Nichkhun, his body started to shake as he becomes more and more angry at the thought.

"All of these 12 years I have been holding in my feeling, that I have been waiting. Waiting for us both to grow up so that there will be a day where I'd confess to you and give you an easy happy life without any hardships. Those 12 years of hiding and waiting results in this?? There ain't no way am I accepting this!" Nichkhun, he grows to be even more angry.

"That must be right. She just likes him for his status as the boss of the school. I don't believe that I can't win her heart back. Her heart originally belong to me and I will make sure to take it back!" Nichkhun.

[Outside]

"This is rare. You're picking me up from work?" Sohee, being drag by Jiyong she asked.

"You gave me no choice." Jiyong.

[Inside the car]

"Who is he?" Jiyong, he asked with a deadly mad looks in his eyes.

"Nichkhun oppa? He is my childhood friend. My best friend." Sohee.

"Oppa? You're calling him oppa?" Jiyong.

"Should I call him unnie then?" Sohee.

"Stay away from him. This is an order." Jiyong, his facial expression became more serious.

"What if I say no. He is my best friend who I grew up with. We're close, very close. We're like brother and sister. You want me to stop seeing him? There ain't no way." Sohee.

Mad at her answer Jiyong speeds up the car. He started to drive like a madman.

"YAAH!! Do you want to die? I still have things to do with my life. Go and commit suicide by yourself. Don't drag me to hell with you!!" Sohee, scared she screamed for her life.

Right then Jiyong stopped the car right in front of the Han River. Like a madman he got out of the car and slammed the door shut as if the car was a piece of junk. Sohee too got out of the car, very slow though, at that moment she was scared of Jiyong.

As soon as she got out of the car he walks over to her and leans toward her causing her to leans back on the car hood. Slamming his hands on the hood of the car he trapped her and stares at her intensively as if he was going to eat her up, alive.

"If you're not crazy don't go around fooling with other men. When I go crazy I could really kill anyone. If you make me mad enough to the point of going crazy I will kill you, get it?" Jiyong, he speaks slowly, scaringly, threatening her as he leans toward her, their faces are just inches away from each other.

"Kill me. I'd rather die then to be trap inside a cage like a bird." Sohee, answering him she moves herself back, climbing onto the hood and escaped his arms.

"You think I wouldn't?!" Jiyong, with force he pulled her back down, his strength was so strong that her head hit his chest upon being pull down.

"Don't be crazy." Jiyong, he threatened her.

"Why are you acting like I cheated on you or something? Can't you differentiate friends and boyfriend?" Sohee, not backing down from his threats she replied back.

"Lemme make this clear. You Are Mine And That Is It. What I say must go. If I see another man touching a strand of your hairs I will cut off his finger that touches it. Understand?" Jiyong.

"Stop. Stop acting like you own everything. I'm sick and tired of being treated like a property instead of a living human." Sohee, shaking her head she pushes his arms away and separate herself from him.

"If you really do care for me then you should respect my decisions. Do you even consider me as your girlfriend? Or are we still acting? How much longer must this movie continue on?" Sohee.

"Shut up!" Jiyong, he ordered.

"This is the exact attitude that I hate from you. Ordering people around. In your eyes, other than you no one else is worthy enough to be called a living human at all, does it?" Sohee.

"Take this as our last acting scene together. Let's end this. I'm tired. I don't want to play anymore." Sohee, she tears up looking into his eyes, his still to be mad eyes.

Never dated, never experienced a break up the both of them just stand there and look into each other's eyes with tears and full of regrets.

After a while with still no response from Jiyong Sohee take it as is, in much pains and regrets she forced her feet to turn around and walk the opposite way. Dragging her feet she walked away, back home. 

Still couldn't take in the fact that she wants to stop their relationship he froze into a statue. Just standing there watching her leave. Clenching his fists in madness, mad at himself for not being able to speak a word to stop her from ending their relationship. Angry that he couldn't stop it he grew into a depression.

[Next day, after school]

"Sohee! Did you see Jiyong anywhere?! He didn't come to school today and I couldn't get in contact with him." Taeyang, he ran up to Sohee at the gate.

"Sorry, I can't help you with that. I don't know." Sohee.

"What is going on between you guys? Did something happened?" Taeyang.

"We broke up." Sohee, she looks at him with a sad and lifeless face.

She then bows to him and head off.

"Sohee, are you sure this is okay? Did you guys fight because of me?" Nichkhun, he felt guilty and worried.

"No, it has nothing to do with you." Sohee.

"Do you have work today? I will come to pick you up." Nichkhun.

"No need. I don't have work today. Oppa I will head off first okay? Sorry but I really need sometime alone right now." Sohee, she bows to him and leave.

[Ma Seong High]

"Boss! Someone heard that Jiyong and Sohee broke up!" Follower, he reported it to Heechul.

"They did? When?" Heechul, he turns around.

"It was reported that they broke up yesterday. Sohee broke up with him." Follower.

"I see. Good work. You may leave now." Heechul.

"Looks like our plan is all set to go then." Donghae, he chuckled.