Chapter 34

Be Mine Or Die

[Next day, C&M company]

"You should get off work early, we're going to my dad's welcome back party." Jiyong, speaking on the phone with Sohee.

"I don't think it's a good idea for me and Ji Hoon to go. . . it will only bring more trouble and awkwardness to the party. You should go, it's your dad." Sohee.

"Just do what I say. Go home early, get ready and also help Ji Hoon get ready. I'll be home at seven to pick you two up." Jiyong.

"And stop thinking about what happened yesterday. Don't think about anyone else but me and Ji Hoon, get it?" Jiyong, with that he hung up.

"Everything is ready." Mr. Ha, he reported to Jiyong.

"Good. Deliver it to my house before six." Jiyong, he ordered.

[Later that day]

"It is really okay for me and Ji Hoon to go?" Sohee, she questioned herself as she dresses Ji Hoon in the tuxedo.

"Mommy, how do I look?" Ji Hoon, he spun around.

"Handsome, as always." Sohee, she presses on his nose.

"Kay, Ji Hoon is all done. Stay here and watch TV while Mommy go get ready kay? Daddy will come home soon so wait here." Sohee, leaving Ji Hoon in the living room, she heads upstairs and get ready.

[Inside their room]

"I don't even have any dress to wear, all I have are work clothes and casual clothes. . . I can't go out and buy a dress right now either. What do I do---??" Sohee, she worried as she walks inside the room.

"Huh? What is that box? I don't remember seeing it this morning. . .??" Sohee, curious, she walks over to the bed, and take a look at the pastel pink gift box with a giant bow on top of it, laying on the bed.

"There's a card?" Sohee, sees the card, she takes it out.

"This beautiful dress can only be worn by the most beautiful woman." Sohee, she reads the card out loud.

"He actually has this romantic side of him? Can I really be sure that this is him?" Sohee, can't hide her happiness, she smiled and opened the box.

There it was, laying inside the box is a beautiful, long, Greek goddess-like, pink dress with a beautiful silver pair of high heels.

"The dress and shoes are exactly my size. . . how does he knows. . .??" Sohee, amazed, all she could do was smile at the thought of him.

[20 minutes later, downstairs]

"Daddy!! You're home!" Ji Hoon, seeing Jiyong at the door, he ran over.

"Woooh! Ji Hoon looks so handsome in this tuxedo. I wonder who you got this good look from." Jiyong.

"Of course it's Jiyong Daddy!!" Ji Hoon, he smiled brightly with his radiant smile.

"That's my son. By the way where is Mommy? Is she ready?" Jiyong, he asked Ji Hoon.

"Mommy is still getting ready upstairs. She takes forever. . ." Ji Hoon, he complained.

"I know how you feel. . . even back then, I would always have to wait hours for her to get ready. Being a man is so much easier." Jiyong, he put Ji Hoon down.

After she finished with the makeup and curled her hair, she wore the dress, put on the the high heels and headed downstairs.

"Daddy, look!! It's Mommy!!" Ji Hoon, he pointed at Sohee.

Speechless in the moment, Jiyong was mesmerized by the beautiful sight of Sohee walking down the stairs with  her goddess-like figure in the stunning gorgeous dress.

"You. . . you. . . you. . . You---" Jiyong, he tried to speak but words couldn't form itself as he was looking at her.

"You're so beautiful?" Ji Hoon, he smiled at Jiyong.

"Umm. . .I. . . I. . ." Jiyong, he looked at Ji Hoon.

"What's wrong? Are we late? Sorry I was just---" Sohee, she walks closer to them.

"No, nothing." Jiyong.

"Daddy, you bought this dress for Mommy right? It fits her so perfectly. How did you know her sizes?" Ji Hoon.

"Why wouldn't I know, we were---" Jiyong.

"Nevermind. It's about time, let's go." Jiyong, seeing Sohee turning red, nervous and embarrassed, he rushed them out of the house and drove off to his dad's party.

[At Jiyong parents' house]

"Dad, welcome back." Jiyong, he greeted his parents and gave his dad a hug, while Sohee and Ji Hoon bowed their heads.

"They are. . .?" Mr. Kwon, he asked.

"This is my wife Sohee and your grandson Ji Hoon." Jiyong, he introduced them.

"What?! I'm a grandpa now?! Was I gone for that long?" Mr. Kwon, he started to laugh.

"Jiyong-ah, you did a good job passing down my good genes. Look at our faces. They're like exact copy of each other." Mr. Kwon, he picked Ji Hoon up and hold him in his arms.

"Nice to meet you grandpa." Ji Hoon, he greeted Jiyong's dad.

"Good boy. He has potential. I can already see it." Mr. Kwon, satisfied, he praised.

"Sohee, right? A beautiful girl from head to toe, inside and out. Not bad Jiyong. You have good eyes. What a lovely daughter-in-law." Mr. Kwon, he continued on to praise.

"Ji Hoon, how old are you?" Mr. Kwon.

"I will be five years old in less than two weeks." Ji Hoon, he holds up five fingers and show it to Jiyong's dad.

"Five already?? Jiyong, and Sohee are . . .?" Mr. Kwon, he questioned.

"They're both twenty-two. They had him during when they were seventeenth." Mrs. Kwon, drinking her glass of wine, with an indifference attitude, she answered in place of Jiyong and Sohee.

"What?! Wow, the generation are growing up faster and faster. . . Man, I feel old!! Becoming a parent at a younger age just means you will have more responsibility and more work, but all of that will prep you for the future in the long run. Everyone leads their life differently, and made their own decision, may it be good or bad. . . just go with it and look back with no regrets." Mr. Kwon, he continued on to laugh happily as he talks to Ji Hoon and Sohee.

Seeing Jiyong's dad easy acceptance of her and Ji Hoon, Sohee looked over at Jiyong and gave him a sign of relief.

"Told you my dad is open-minded and easy going." Jiyong, he whispered it to her.

Busy talking to each other, no one saw it coming but Dara was marching toward them with a burning fire fueled with madness in her eyes.

"What. Are. You. Two. Doing. Here.?!" Dara, standing face to face with Sohee, she said each word slowly and angrily as she glare into Sohee's eyes.

"Dara, Stop! Don't make a fool out of yourself for someone like her." Mrs. Park, she pulled Dara away.

"MOM!! How dare she bring her hateful face and this unwanted son of her to a high class place like this?!! They need to be kick out!!" Dara, she shouted loudly.

"Dara, I said Stop!" Mrs. Park.

"Hold up. What is going on here?" Mr. Kwon, holding Ji Hoon's hand as he stood next to him and asked for clarification.

"Father-in-law, I am Jiyong's rightful fiance. But this shameless woman right here stole him from me. She seduced him, brainwashed him and gave birth to him a fake son!! Don't believe her!! Don't believe her!!" Dara, shouting everywhere, she pointed her finger at Sohee.

"I have no idea that you were Jiyong's fiance. As far as I know, Sohee is my daughter-in-law and this is my grandson. Whether or not he is my biological grandson, that is for my family to decide. Base on what I'm seeing and hearing, I'm glad Sohee is Jiyong's wife." Mr. Kwon.

"No matter what the problem is, how big or small. This is my party and NO ONE has the right to create a scene like this. A daughter from a high class family like you should know better how to present yourself and your family to the public's eyes. This is my first time being in Korea for the pass five years, and I don't intended on having any bad memory while I'm here." Mr. Kwon, furious with Dara's chaos shouting, he lectured her with words of wisdom.

"What is WRONG with you people?!! Like father, like son. Neither you or him would ever be on my side!!! I curse you all!!" Dara, she continued on to shout.

*Slapped*

"Dara, you're better than that. You're not a mental person, so don't act like you are one." Mr. Park, he slapped her to wake her up from her own craziness.

"Dad, How Could You?! In the twenty-six years of my life, this is the first time that you've ever hit me. And the reason is because of HER?!!" Dara, holding her face, she whined to her dad.

"You're embarrassing me! Wife, take her away." Mr. Park, he ordered.

"Mr. Kwon, I am extremely sorry for my daughter's behavior just now. Please don't take it to heart. We will make sure that she won't bother you guys any further." Mr. Park, apologized, he walked away to the other side of the room.

"Mommy, don't be scared. Grandpa, Daddy and Ji Hoon will protect Mommy." Ji Hoon, letting go of Mr. Kwon's hand, he hugged Sohee.

"Mommy can always rely on Ji Hoon for protection right? My little superman." Sohee, she his head.

"Jiyong, you learned from my mistake. As a father, I'm very glad to see you being happy with your wife and son. Having a happy family is the most important thing in life. That is something I couldn't realize when I was younger, so I'm very thankful that you didn't repeat the same mistake I made." Mr. Kwon.

Hurt by her husband's words, knowing that he never had his attention on her, Mrs. Kwon walked away.

"Umma---!!" Jiyong, he called for her.

"Let her be. She never loved me, there was no true feeling in our arranged marriage. It's better this way, she will soon leave me and find another man who she will truly love and treat her better." Mr. Kwon, he stopped Jiyong.

"I'll go check on her." Sohee, she offered, knowing very well that his mom does not like her.

Jiyong grew worried as he watches Sohee walking away.

"What's wrong?" Mr. Kwon, he asked Jiyong.

"Nothing. . . it's just that mom doesn't really like Sohee. She prefers Dara. . ." Jiyong, with a disappointed look on his face, he looks down at the glass of wine in his hand.

"Don't worry my son. Your mom just haven't seen it yet, but once she sees the goods in Sohee and Ji Hoon she will comes to realize why you and I adore them two. Give her some time. Knowing your mom, she really listen well to adults, and would strictly follow everything they say. That's why she's blocking her heart from accepting Sohee, that was also why she was stuck in this unhappy marriage with me." Mr. Kwon, though he seemed to be thoughtless about the situation, there was a sign of sorrow in his eyes when he talked about Jiyong's mom.

"Daddy, I want to go look for Mommy." Ji Hoon, he pulled on Jiyong's suit.

"Go ahead. If you get lost, ask a maid to take you back here, get it?" Jiyong.

Nodded his head, he ran off to look for Sohee.

[At the same time]

"Where did Omoni go? I just saw her enter a room. . . is it this one?" Sohee, standing in front of the bathroom door and another unlabeled door, not sure herself, she picked the unlabeled door and entered it.

"Ahn Sohee!!" Dara, spotting the chance of Sohee being alone, she hurried over and planned something.

"Which room did she goes into??" Dara, confused, she decided on the bathroom.

"Give me that!" Dara, she took the lighter from the plate that the maid was holding as he passes her.

"Miss, you can't take that. It can be dangerous, you can burn yourself. Please give it back to me." Maid, scared of getting in trouble, he begged Dara.

"Get Out Of My Sight!" Dara, she glares at the maid, and warned him with the lighter lit up in her hand.

Scared, the maid runs away into the kitchen. 

"Ahn Sohee, You Are Dead!" Dara, not blinking her eyes, she looked at lit lighter and talked to herself like a psycho person.

Found a rope lying on the hallway, she picked it up and tied it around the door handle, making sure it was impossible for the person inside to open the door. Lit up the lighter, she then slide it inside through the little opener under the bottom of the door and hurriedly run away so that no one would catch her in the act.

Little does she knows, the little Ji Hoon was watching her the whole time and has caught her red handed. But putting that aside, he ran toward the door and tried to open it.

"Open The Door!! Anyone Inside?!! Open The Door!!!" Ji Hoon, using his hands, he banged on the door.

Though there was no answer, he heard a quiet voice calling for help. He then tried to untied the rope, but his hands were too small and the way the rope was tied was too complex for him to figure out. Clueless, not knowing the way around this big house, afraid that if he went to look for help that it would be too late by the time he come back, he started to panicked. 

Running out of time, he opened the door that Sohee entered earlier which lead him outside, to the garden of the house. He stood there in the big garden of flowers, trying to look for someone to help, yet there there was no one in sight. As the clock keeps on ticking down it times, Ji Hoon spots the water hose laying on the side walk, within a blink of an eye, he picked it up and put on his shoulder, then using a rock he threw it to the bathroom's glass window. With the shattered window opening the way, he stepped on one of the garden equipped box and climbed over the window.

[Inside the bathroom]

By the time he entered, the bathroom was filled with gray smokes fusing the air. The little five years old self that he is, he untwined the water hose, turned it on and watered down the fire. His tiny hands that are holding the water hose are now worn out with exhaustion, but even though, he continued on to work hard, not giving up at the thought of saving someone's life. The more water comes in, the smaller the fire gets, and after a long five minutes, the fire was completely put out. Dizzied due to the smoke, exhausted, Ji Hoon fell down onto the ground.

But it was not soon before he gets himself back up and start to search for the voice. 

"Hello?! Anyone here?!" Ji Hoon, passing through he smoke, he called out once again.

"Ji. . . Ji. . . Hoon. . ." a voice called out from the corner of the bathroom.

"Grandma?? Grandma!!!" Ji Hoon, recognized his grandma, he ran over to her.

[Meanwhile]

"Sohee? What took you so long? Where did you go?" Jiyong, he asked as soon as Sohee entered through the front door.

"I don't know. . . I saw mom entered a room, I wasn't sure which room it was so I just picked one of the two. The door lead me to the garden, I tried to look for mom but she wasn't there and so I ended up back here." Sohee, she explained.

"What about Ji Hoon?! Where is Ji Hoon?!" Jiyong, he started to panicked.

"Ji Hoon? What about Ji Hoon?" Sohee, worried, she asked.

"He went to look for you." Mr. Kwon.

"Ahn Sohee!! Why Are You Still Here?!! Weren't you in the bathroom?!" Dara, fuming with anger that Sohee is still looking perfectly fine, she ran over and pointed her finger at Sohee.

"If you're still here. . . then who's in the bathroom. . .?" Dara, at the thought, her hands begin to tremble in terror.

"Sir!! Emergency!! We received a warning from one of the fire alarms, we went to check and it was from the bathroom. Madame, she is still inside!" Worker, he ran over and reported to Mr. Kwon.

"What Did You Just Say?!!" Mr. Kwon, felt the heart attack-like warning from the worker, without any thought, he immediately runs toward the bathroom.

"Mom!!" Jiyong & Sohee, they both run after him to the bathroom.

"I. . . I. . . I DIDN'T DO IT!!" Dara, shaking and horrified, she ran away.

[In front of the bathroom]

To save time, using the hammer and all of his energy, Mr. Kwon hit it hard on the door handle and broke it.

"Wife?! Wife?!! Where are you?! Please answer me!!" Mr. Kwon, rushing inside, he went mad searching for his wife.

"Grandpa!! Over here!!" Ji Hoon, with dusts and smokes covered his face and clothes, he called out.

"Wife?! Ji Hoon?!" Mr. Kwon, he ran over and pick his wife up, carrying her outside.

[Upstairs, inside Mrs. Kwon's room]

After the thirty minutes of treatment from their private doctor, Mrs. Kwon's condition is now stable and is a lot better compare to half an hour ago.

"Ji Hoon. . . come." Mrs. Kwon, reaching out her hand, she asked for Ji Hoon.

"Sorry that I was strict and cold to you before. Even with that, you still wholeheartedly tried your best and saved me. Thank you, my grandson." Mrs. Kwon, laying on her bed, she smiled as she thank Ji Hoon.

"Grandma, no need to thank me. But since I'm still busy trying to fix Mommy and Daddy's problem, I won't have any time to help you and grandpa. Grandma, grandpa, please don't be stubborn like my parents and just realize the love you have for each other okay?" Ji Hoon, smiled at her, he winked.

"Yah Ji Hoon, what are you trying to say?" Jiyong.

"Ooops. I wasn't suppose to say that. . ." Ji Hoon, trolled, he cover his mouth with his two hands.

"Mom, dad, we have to leave now. We'll come to visit tomorrow." Jiyong, they then leave the house.

[At home]

"P.G.A. president's only daughter, Park Dara is charged with a murder attempt on Kwon Sohee, the newlywed wife of C&M's president Kwon Jiyong. As you can see in this video surveillance. Many are suspected that it was jealousy that triggered her to committed such a cruel act. The story however was twisted as miss Dara accidentally lit the wrong room on fire, the room that her supposed to be mother-in-law was in; the smokes in the room caused Mrs. Kwon to passed out and was closed to losing her life. Heroically, Kwon Jiyong and Kwon Sohee's five year old hidden son was the one to put out the fire and saved his grandmother's life. This incident happened on the night of Mr. Kwon's welcome back party, it caused a major damaged to the relationship between the two company C&M and P.G.A. Further charges on Park Dara are still to be unknown. Come back tomorrow for more details on this case." Reporter, the news reported.

"Good thing there were camera surveillance in my parents' house, other wise we would have no idea who the culprit is and noway to prove it either with just Ji Hoon as the witness." Jiyong, he sighed heavily as the three of them watches the news on the couch.

"Ji Hoon-ah, you really are the greatest gift ever given to the Kwon family." Jiyong, he smiled and patted Ji Hoon's head.

[In the meantime]

"Ahn Sohee, I will NEVER forgive you. I vow to earth and heaven that soon I, Park Dara will definitely pay you back for what happened to me today. Ahn Sohee, just you wait!" Dara, she vowed, sitting in temporary jail.