Chapter 33

Be Mine Or Die

[Back at home]

"Here you go." Sohee, framed the photo, she hung it up on the wall inside Ji Hoon's room.

"Ji Hoon and Daddy have the same smile." Jiyong, he smiled at Ji Hoon.

"But I think Daddy's smile looks best with Mommy's smile." Ji Hoon, he laughed with his troll face.

"Ahem!! It's almost your bed time, go get wash your face and get ready." Jiyong, he changed the subject.

"Ji Hoon, thank Daddy for today's trip to the amusement park." Sohee.

"Thank You Daddy!! Daddy is The BEST!!" Ji Hoon, he ran to Jiyong and hugged him.

"Haha, no need to thank me. Ji Hoon is my beloved son, I would do anything for you." Jiyong, he picked Ji Hoon up.

"By the way Ji Hoon, we're in Korea now not America. How about calling me Appa instead of Daddy?" Jiyong.

"NO!! Don't wanna!! Daddy is Daddy!!" Ji Hoon, stubborn, he insisted on calling Jiyong daddy.

"I'm a hundred percent sure that he has my look, but his personality is exactly like you." Jiyong, he glance over at Sohee.

"We're the same when it comes to personality. Like you've said, he has half of your's and my genes, so you can't blame me for his stubbornness. We're equal on this." Sohee.

"Bring your love fight over to your own room, don't argue in my room. I want to sleep." Ji Hoon, he kicked his own parents out of his room.

"Five years passed and you are still immature as always. . ." Sohee, crossed her arms, head up high, she walks ahead back to their room.

"Wowow, look at you. You're not that much different either. Still stubborn and difficult to understand as always. YAH!! Are you listening?! I'm talking to you!!" Jiyong, nagging, he followed her to their room.

"Kekeke, I see the sparks in this love~" Ji Hoon, hiding in his room, placing his ear against he door, he was eavesdropping on his parents conversation the whole time that they were talking.

[Next day]

"Hello Omoni~" Daragreeting Mrs. Kwon happily, she entered Jiyong parents' house.

"My dear Dara, how are you? Are you okay? I'm so sorry for Jiyong's silly action that day. Maybe he was drunk or something, but nonetheless, he should've never done that. Tell your parents I am extremely sorry toward them." Mrs. Kwon.

"No, no. It's fine, it's all good. I know the root of the reason, and I will make sure to get rid of that stubborn poisonous root under the soil. I need to clear up the dirtied soil, that's the only way good crop will be able to grow." Dara.

"Huh? What root? What soil? What are you talking about?" Mrs. Kwon.

"Omoni, you don't need to worry about it. I will handle it all." Dara, she smiled wickedly.

"Dara unnie, did you see the news? Two days ago?" Maid, a maid came up to Dara and Jiyong's mom.

"What news? I don't watch news. What's there to watch? Don't bother me, go do your work." Dara, she dismissed the maid before listening to her words.

"But the news said that---" Maid.

"Stop! I told you to leave!" Dara, she ordered.

Not being able to tell Dara and Jiyong's mom the news about Jiyong and Sohee's secret wedding that was reported by the media, the maid quietly walked away.

"Ohh! I almost forgot. I have some good news. Let's go see Jiyong, I will say it there for the both of you at once to save some time." Mrs. Kwon.

Done with the conversation, the two people head off to Jiyong's house.

[Jiyong's house]

*Dingdong*

"Hmm? Why is no one answering the door? Where are all the maids?" Dara, standing in front of the house, she waited for someone to open the door.

"Oh that's right. Jiyong said he wants to be alone so he sent all of maids and assistants to my house. No wonder there are so much more people. Anyway, I have the key. Let's just go inside. It's Sunday, he's probably sleeping in." Mrs. Kwon, she takes out the key and opened the door.

[Inside the house]

"It's so empty. . ." Mrs. Kwon, she was amazed at the silent and emptiness of the house.

"Jiyong, open the door. Mom and your fiance Dara are here." Mrs. Kwon, she knocked on the door.

"He is still sleeping? What a kid. . . only kid sleep that much. . . I'll wake him up myself." Dara, annoyed, she aggressively opened the door.

"Jiyong, Wake Up---" Dara.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHAT IS THIS??!! WHAT IS GOING ON???!!! AHN SOHEE??!!! AHN SOHEE!!! WHY?!!! WHY ARE YOU ON HIS BED?!!!! WHY ARE YOU TWO SLEEPING TOGETHER?!!! JIYONG, WHY ARE YOU HOLDING HER??!!!!!! WHY?!!" Dara, at the sight of Jiyong wrapping his arms around Sohee, sleeping together on the same bed, can't bring herself to accept the reality of it, in denial, she screamed.

The loud, thunder-like screaming of Dara woke Jiyong and Sohee up.

"Who the heck is screaming so loud. . .??" Jiyong, pissed, he rubs his eyes as he wakes up.

"HUH! Omoni!" Sohee, opened her eyes to the sight of Jiyong's mom and Dara, she gasped in a panic, she pops right up from the bed and get on her knees, next to Jiyong.

"Umma. . .? Why are you here?" Jiyong, still half asleep.

"JIYONG!! What do you think You Are Doing?!! How Can You Sleep With Someone Else When You Have A Fiance?!!!" Mrs. Kwon, furious at the disturbing scene, she scolded Jiyong.

"YAH, Ahn Sohee!! You Dirty !! Get Out Of Jiyong's Bed RIGHT NOW!!" Dara, like a mad beast, she walks over and pulled Sohee out of the bed.

"Let. Go." Jiyong, held onto Sohee's waist, with one hand, he easily pulled Sohee back down on the bed.

"YAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" Dara.

"What did you two last night? You guys just simply slept together right? Nothing happened right? NOTHING RIGHT?!" Dara, delusional, going crazy with the many thoughts, she shouted.

"Mommy, Daddy. . . who's screaming in our house? I can't sleep. . ." Ji Hoon, yawning and rubbing his eyes, he walked into Jiyong and Sohee's house.

"M-M-Mommy?? Daddy??!!" Dara, turned around to the horror sight of Ji Hoon, her eyes grows mad as they redden up.

"Witch Ahjuma!!" Ji Hoon, seeing Dara's face, he suddenly became wide awake.

"Mommy, I don't like that Witch Ahjuma!!" Ji Hoon, he ran to Sohee and Jiyong.

"What Did You Just Call Me?! Witch Ahjuma?!" Dara, she walks closer and closer to Ji Hoon, staring him down with her mad eyes.

"Don't touch our son." Jiyong, he put his arms out to protect Ji Hoon and Sohee.

"Our Son? You're telling me that this kid right here is you and that 's son? You Slept With Her?!! How COULD You?!! YOU'RE CRAZY If You Think I Will Believe This Bull!!! Tell Me That You're Still Untouched By Her!! Tell Me That You're Still Clean, That You Haven't Done Anything With Her!! TELL ME!!" Dara, she pointed her finger at Sohee.

"Dara, don't use such language in front of kid." Mrs. Kwon.

"BUT---!!" Dara, she shouted back at Jiyong's mom.

Holding up her hand, Jiyong's mom was able to stop Dara from any further shouting.

"Jiyong, explain this to me. What is going on here?!" Mrs. Kwon, trying her best to stay calm, she asked for Jiyong's explanation.

Still wearing their pajamas, Jiyong, Sohee and Ji Hoon all sit on one side of the table; while Mrs. Kwon and Dara sit on the opposite side.

"Tell me. I'm ready to listen." Mrs. Kwon.

"Five years ago, when we were in high school, due to an incident cause by a nosy outsider. . ." Jiyong, paused, he glance over at Dara, triggered her guilty conscience, causing her to turned he head away.

"We slept together. . . Sohee was pregnant after that night and this is how he came to life." Jiyong, genuinely, he looks over at Ji Hoon and smiled.

"Five years ago. . .?" Mrs. Kwon, she was speechless due to the shock.

"You two were only seventeenth!! How could you made such a foolish decision to do such thing like that?!! Do you even know how heavy the consequences are of your actions?! Bringing another life into the world when you were still a kid yourself. How on earth can you be responsible for another life when you can't even take care of yourself?!!" Mrs. Kwon, furious, she stood up.

"Grandma---" Ji Hoon, scared, he called out for Jiyong's mom as he sits on Sohee's lab.

"Don't Call Me Grandma!" Mrs. Kwon.

"I will not accept him as part of our family. This is a disgrace to the Kwon family!" Mrs. Kwon.

Sohee wrapped her arms around Ji Hoon, she hugged him, trying to prevent those hurtful words to get to him.

"I was just here to let you know that your dad has arrived at Incheon airport. This will be his first time coming back to Korea in five years. Therefore we are holding a welcome back party for him. Since I don't want to stay here any longer, I will get my assistant to send over the information about the party later." Mrs. Kwon, mad, she left the house with Dara.

"Mommy, does grandma not like us?" Ji Hoon, he asked with sadness on his face, looking at Sohee.

"That's not true, Ji Hoon---" Jiyong.

"Ji Hoon, let's go wash your face." Sohee, didn't allow Jiyong finish his words, in a hurry, she brought Ji Hoon upstairs.

Noticed Sohee's damaged pride and her feeling being hurt along with Ji Hoon, Jiyong grows mad not knowing how to deal with such situation.

[At Taeyang's house]

"I can't believe you're a dad now. You really are the Boss of Seoul High!! Clap, clap, clap." Taeyang.

"Bastard! You didn't even bother to tell us! What kind of friend are you?!" Seungri.

"I just recently found out about Ji Hoon myself!! She hid it from me." Jiyong, he drinks the alcohol.

"Are you a hundred percent sure that he's your son? I mean she was gone for five years long, who knows. . . maybe that boy is Nichkhun's son or---" Taeyang, he second guested.

"No doubt about it. His face, his attitude, I am a hundred and ten percent sure that he is Jiyong's son. I've met him before. And I can guarantee you that." Seungri.

"I got our DNA tested, our DNA matched with the result of ninety-eight percent. But to this day, I still don't understand why she would leave me, knowing that she had my son. . ." Jiyong, he continued to drink.

"Did she not want the baby?" Seungri.

"That's noway. If she didn't want the baby, she wouldn't have keep it and raise him all by herself for five years straight." Jiyong.

"Women are so hard to understand. Is there a formula to solve women's problem, cuz I can't solve it no matter how hard I've tried. It's harder than math!!" Seungri, he vented out his frustration at the thought of Sunmi.

[Sunmi's house]

"So what are you planning to do?" Sunmi.

"I don't know. I just hope that there won't be any more trouble come approaching us. I have enough headache and problem to deal with already. . ." Sohee, holding her head.

"Anyway, I don't want to think about it now. Time will solve everything. . . I still have work to do so I'll be leaving first. I'll talk to you later." Sohee, tired, she grabbed her bag and leave.

[That night]

"Cinderella and the prince then live happily ever after." Sohee, she finished the bedtime story to Ji Hoon.

"Mommy, why did you read me Cinderalla?" Ji Hoon.

"Huh? Ohh. . . I just felt like it. Why? You don't like it? I can read you another story if you want." Sohee.

"Just like the story, Mommy is Cinderella and Daddy is the prince." Ji Hoon.

"Where did you get such thing from? Why do you think that?" Sohee, surprised by his remark, she asked.

"Because heaven and earth knows well that Mommy and Daddy loves each other, but human don't have the same ability, so they can't see it. They keep on trying to harm Mommy, separating Mommy and Daddy." Ji Hoon.

Outside, standing by the door, Jiyong was listening to them the whole time. He felt the pain in his heart rising up as he watches his own five year old son recognizing the problem that he and Sohee are having, and yet at the same time he was also happy to know that Ji Hoon is capable of such understanding and knowledge.

"But Mommy don't have to worry, Ji Hoon is the cupid sent from heaven above with the mission to perfect Mommy and Daddy's love, I will make sure to give Mommy and Daddy a happy ending." Ji Hoon, placing his small, cute little hands on Sohee's cheeks, he comforted her.

"Ji Hoon-ah, thank you." Sohee, she smiled at him. 

"Alright, it's late now, you should go to sleep. Sweet dream." Sohee, she covered the blanket over Ji Hoon and walk out of the room.

The moment she closed the door of Ji Hoon's room, she was surprised by Jiyong's sudden wrapping his arms around her waist and hugged her from behind.

"I really don't care about the reason why you left. . . But I don't want to be without you. . . My life is meaningless if it doesn't have you. . ." Jiyong, speaking the honest words from his heart, he hugged her tightly.

Standing there in silent, she wanted to just immediately turn around, hug him and cry her heart out. But the memory of him saying those hurtful words was haunting her and so it held her back from doing what she desired. Overwhelmed with pain and confusion, not knowing what to do, she cried silently while he hugged her.

"Let's just go to sleep." Sohee, wiping her tears away, she takes his hands off her waist and walked off to their room.

Thinking back to everything that happened from morning til now, neither one of them was able to sleep.  The anxiety and agony took over them emotionally and physically. Like that the two of them would just lay there all night with the headache problem digging in their minds.