Chapter 27

Be Mine Or Die

[Seoul International Kindergarten]

"Ji Hoon-ah, be a good boy and eat your lunch okay? You didn't eat breakfast so now you must eat lunch. It's not healthy to starve yourself." Teacher.

Looking at the teacher, Ji Hoon walks away. He walks to the playground outside, hiding himself in one of the slides.

Mike would then run over and sit with him in the slide.

"Ji Hoon, what's wrong? Why aren't you eating anything? Do you want to share lunch with me? You look sad." Mike, he tries to comfort Ji Hoon.

"Mike! Can you help me with something?" Ji Hoon.

"What is it?" Mike.

"Your chauffeur comes to fetch you everyday right? Can I get a ride? I need to go somewhere." Ji Hoon.

"Yeah, sure. But what about your parents? Your dad? He will come to pick you up." Mike.

"I will call him. Don't worry about it, just please give me a ride." Ji Hoon.

"Okay." Mike, he smiled.

[C&M Company]

More than 2 hours has passed since the meeting with Sohee, yet Jiyong continue on to lock himself in the room, thinking. Holding his head, unable to solve the puzzle in his mind, feel like going insane, he fiercely threw the stacks of papers against the wall and shouted angrily.

"AAAIIIISSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" Jiyong, he shouted, pulling on his hairs as he slowly he drops down onto the chair and cry.

"Ahn Sohee, I Will Never Forgive You For What You Did To Me. NEVER!! I will make sure to pay you back all of the pains you gave, twice as much!!" Jiyong, he vowed upon his hatred and grudges.

[Meanwhile at C&M's lobby]

Walking slowly, wandering around the lobby, Ji Hoon looks around, searching for something.

"Hey little boy. What are you doing here? Where are your parents? Kids are not allowed here." Security guard, he comes up to Ji Hoon.

"I'm Ahn Ji Hoon, a relative of C&M's president, Kwon Jiyong. I'm looking for Jiyong hyung." Ji Hoon.

"Yah kid, if our president is your hyung then the president of Korea will be my father. You think you can lie to me? I'm not gonna---" Security Guard.

"Okay, if you say so. I will just call Jiyong hyung then, but if he has to personally come down here to get me. . . your job. . . I can't guarantee that you will get your paycheck this month. . . " Ji Hoon, he takes his phone out and start to dial the numbers.

"YAH! YAH! I need my paycheck!! Are you sure that you are related to our president. . . ??" Security Guard, half believed in Ji Hoon's words, half afraid of the possibility of losing his job, can't decide, he scratches his head while looking down at the little Ji Hoon.

Smiling, Ji Hoon looks up at the guard, showing his teeth as he nods.

At that moment, another security guard comes over.

"Yah! What are you doing? Why are talking to a kid? Go do your job! What is the problem?" The other guard.

"Hyung, this kid says he's related to our president. . . he wants to meet the president. . .??" Security guard.

"YAH! Are you stupid or what?!! If he says they're related, then they're related!! Open up your small eyes and take a look. Their faces are IDENTICAL!! He's a clone of Kwon Jiyong! Even I can tell that they're related by just looking. Look!!! What Are You Still Doing? Take him to the president!!" The other guard, he ordered.

"Y-yes sir." Security guard, scratching his head, he takes Ji Hoon to the elevator.

[In front of Jiyong's office]

"Mr. Ha, this boy wants to see the president." Security guard.

"Who is he? Why do he needs to see---??" Mr. Ha, he looks at Ji Hoon with suspicions.

But, right then. . .

"Aaaahhh!! Aaahhh!!! My stomach, my stomach!!!" Ji Hoon, he starts to cry, holding his stomach he rolls on the floor.

"Yah! Yah!!! What's wrong?? Why are you rolling on the floor?!! Doctor!! Doctor!!!" Security guard, he panics and start to look around, calling for help.

Taking the chance when Mr. Ha walk away to call for an ambulance, Ji Hoon immediately get up, running to the door and start to bang on it.

"President Kwon Jiyong!!!! Open the door!! Open the door!!!!" Ji Hoon, he shouted.

"Little boy, you can't do that!!" Mr. Ha, he quickly runs back and pull Ji Hoon away from the door.

"Let Go of Me!! I need to see Jiyong hyung!!!" Ji Hoon, he create a chaos, shouting.

"What is going on??!! Why is it so noisy out here?!!" Jiyong, mad, he opened the door and shouted.

"Excuse us. This little boy was trying to see you, I couldn't stop him---" Mr. Ha, bowing his head, he apologized.

"Ji Hoon? Why are you here?" Jiyong, he walks closer.

"You can let him go. I know him." Jiyong, he ordered Mr. Ha.

"Jiyong Hyung!" Ji Hoon, released from Mr. Ha, he instantly runs toward Jiyong's arms and hug him.

[Jiyong's office]

"So. . . are you here to get your debt?" Jiyong, crossing his arms with a questioned face, he looks at Ji Hoon.

"No. . . Jiyong hyung, is there a law that won't allow people to marry each other?" Ji Hoon, with his pitiful and depressed face, he asked Jiyong.

"Huh?. . . I don't think there is such law. . . why? Why do you need it?" Jiyong.

"Mommy is getting marry tomorrow. I only want mommy with daddy. I don't want mommy to remarry!! I Don't Want It!! Jiyong hyung, help me!" Ji Hoon, holding onto Jiyong's hand, he begs for help.

"Ji Hoon, listen. Being a single mother is not an easy job, she probably suffered a lot trying to raise you by herself. Now, she has found someone else who she likes, who will lift up the burden off her shoulders. . . you should let her be happy. I'm sure your dad will still watch over you guys and love you both no matter what." Jiyong, holding Ji Hoon's shoulders, he advised him.

"NO!! Mommy belongs to Daddy!!! I don't want another dad!!! Ji Hoon has ONE Dad!! I Don't Want It!! NO!!" Ji Hoon, being a headstrong and stubborn, he starts to shout.

"Mommy CAN'T Remarry!!! I won't allow that!!! NO!" Ji Hoon.

He continue on to shout as he shake his head, creating a scene.

"Ji Hoon! Calm down!" Jiyong, he tries to calm Ji Hoon down and stop him from shouting.

"NO---" Ji Hoon.

Crying in madness Ji Hoon suddenly fainted, he passed out into Jiyong's arms.

"Ji Hoon?! Yah! Ji Hoon?! Are you Okay? Wake up!" Jiyong.

Not getting any respond from Ji Hoon and being worried to dead was not helping much either. He takes off his jacket and carries Ji Hoon in his arms out of the room.

"Take care of the contract, I will be back later." Jiyong, he ordered Mr. Ha as he leaves the building, to the car parking lot.

"But the contract---" Mr. Ha, watching Jiyong leave with Ji Hoon, he was unable to finish his sentence.

[Hospital]

"Are you his father? Here are the paperworks. Please fill them in." Nurse, she hands over the papers.

"No, I am not." Jiyong.

"Do you have his parents' contact info?" Nurse.

Looking at the nurse, Jiyong shake his head.

"Well, we will try out best to contact the parents so please don't worry." Nurse, she starts to walk away.

"Hmm. excuse me! May I ask what's wrong with him?" Jiyong.

"Nothing much. He haven't eat or drink anything for many hours, he passed out due to dehydration. He should be fine soon." Nurse, she smiles as she assure Ji Hoon's well being.

Jiyong felt more relaxed after hearing that from the nurse. Slowly, he makes his way over to the row of chairs and sit himself down.

"It's only dehydration." Jiyong, he sighs in relief.

"Wait! Why do I care so much for this boy? He's not even related to me. . ." Jiyong, he thought to himself as he scratches his head in confusion, not understanding why he cares so much for a stranger like Ji Hoon.

While sitting on the chair, he fell asleep as he continue on to wait for Ji Hoon.

[Sohee's House]

"No way, no way. . . that was not him. . . it was not him. . . I can't let this happen. I Must hide Ji Hoon away from him, he MUST not know about Ji Hoon. No matter what he must not know about Ji Hoon's existence. This is not good, I must think of something. . . I must think of something. . ." Sohee, panicked, crossing her arms, she would walks back and forth, thinking for a long time.

However, her thoughts were interrupted when Nichkhun rung the doorbell. Shaking, she walks over and open the door.

"What's wrong? Why are you trembling?" Nichkhun, he asked as soon as he entered the house.

The panic unable her to answer his question straight, all she could do was to shake her head and give him a smile.

"Did something happen at work? How did the contract go---??" Nichkhun.

Before he was able to finish his sentence, her cell phone starts to ring.

"Hello?" Sohee, getting herself together, she answered the phone.

"W-what??. . . excuse me. . .??" Sohee, her eyes grew wide, in disbelief.

Her panics and trembling stopped immediately once she answered the phone. Grabbing her jacket and bag, she ran out of the door. Not knowing what was going on, Nichkhun runs after her.

[Hospital]

"Ji Hoon?! Where is Ji Hoon?" Sohee, she shouted as she runs inside the hospital with Nichkhun.

The very moment Jiyong heard the familiar voice of Sohee, his eyes opened wide as he wakes up. Her voice somehow magically woke him up.

"Sohee?!" Jiyong, he quietly talks to himself.

Hiding behind the wall, he clenches his fist as he watches Sohee and Nichkhun together, standing next to each other.

"Excuse me, where is Ahn Ji Hoon's room? Where is my son? Is he okay?" Sohee, she grabs a nurse passing by and asked her.

"The first room to the left." Nurse.

Immediately her and Nichkhun runs to the room.

"Ahn Ji Hoon. . . haha. . . it turns out that you're her son? What a small world. Hahaha. They ran away together to America and had a kid together? Hahahaha." Jiyong, talking to himself, he starts to laugh like a madman, he almost lose it as the image of Sohee and Nichkhun close together provoke the green monster inside of him that has been sleeping for quite sometime.

"Wait!! Ji Hoon says that his dad is dead. That means Nichkhun is not the father. . ." Jiyong, getting back to his senses, he begins to question.

Suddenly, he starts to have a few flashbacks.

 

"His face sure looks a lot like you."

"To have a kid at such young age, you sure are something else Jiyong."

"I will be 5 years old in 3 weeks."

"I only have my mom."

"In heaven. My dad is watching over us in heaven."

". . . if I ask about dad she will cry. . ."

 

"Ji Hoon will be 5 years old in 3 weeks. . . from that night, it has been more than 5 years already, almost 6 years now. . . could he possibly be. . .??" Jiyong, his eyes widening as they sparks up from the though.

After the series of flashbacks. He straightened up his mind and quickly walk to the doctor's office.

[Doctor Choi's office]

*Knock knock*

"Come in." Dr. Choi, he answered as he looks through the patient's profile.

"Can I help you?" Dr. Choi, with no sounds of respond after the door was opened, he stopped his work and turn around.

"Jiyong?! What bring you here?" Dr. Choi, smiling with joys and excitements, he walks over to hug Jiyong.

"Long time no see, Se7en hyung." Jiyong.

"Yah, don't call me that anymore. Those high school times. . . haha. . . those silly times. I don't use that name anymore. Call me Dr. Choi. But, a busy businessman like you. . . what bring you here?" Dr. Choi.

"I need you to do me a favor." Jiyong.

[Kwon's Family]

Opening the door, he walks inside and indifferently sit down on the couch while the two families are busy chatting.

"Jiyong-ah, what take you so long to get here? I called for you hours ago." Mrs. Kwon, she smiles and laughs with Dara.

"Nothing. Why did you call me for?" Jiyong, yawning, he looks at the watch on his wrist.

"Jiyong! Can you at least pretend to be more concern and considerate? Tomorrow is your engagement party. . . Don't tell me you forgot it!! What kind of fiance are you? You need to think of Dara darling's feelings!" Mrs. Kwon.

"Mom, don't say that. He's probably tired from work. I will have to get use to this more in the future. As the wife, I must be more understanding, after all I belong to him." Dara, she put on a smile, looking at Jiyong.

"Mommy is getting marry tomorrow. . ."

Out of nowhere, Ji Hoon's words suddenly pops up in his mind. 

"Don't tell me. . ." Jiyong, he thought it out loud.

Getting up from the couch, he rushes out the door, get in his car and drove away.

"YAH!! YAH! Kwon Jiyong! Where Do You Think You're Going?! Both Of My Parents Are Here To See You!! How Dare You!!" Dara, running after him, she stopped by the door and shouted.