Chapter 36

Be Mine Or Die

[Next morning]

"Mommy, Daddy, you guys looks like pandas!" Ji Hoon, he pointed at the dark circles.

"Thanks to a a broken radio machine that just couldn't stop running his mouth, I lost two hours of my precious sleep times last night." Sohee, she mugged at Jiyong.

"Two hours of argument from last night is enough already. Let's not start it again. Plus mom will come over later so get ready." Jiyong.

"Mom is coming over? Why?" Sohee.

"I don't know. Now that dad is back, she resigned from the company and wanted to spend more times with Ji Hoon and family in general." Jiyong, he yawned.

"Grandma will play with Ji Hoon today?! Waaahh!!" Ji Hoon, placing his two hands on his cheeks, he put up a surprised pose.

"Then I will just take today off since I have something important to do as well. . ." Sohee, she sighed.

"What is it?" Jiyong.

"Today is my parents' death anniversary. I will take Ji Hoon with me to visit their grave. You can go to work. I will make sure to be back before mom comes to visit." Sohee.

He stayed silents, noticing the quiet look on Sohee's face.

[2 hours later, Gyeongju]

"Ji Hoon-ah, these are Mommy's parents. Give them your greeting." Sohee, she instructed Ji Hoon as they stand in front of the grave.

Finished with the greeting and everything, Sohee just stood there still and look at the old graveyard that was unvisited for five years.

"Mom, dad, I miss you guys a lot. It has been such a long time, doesn't it? Twelve years already, look at me, I'm all grown up now. I even became a mom." Sohee, she speaks, smiling through the bitter tears.

"I'm such a bad daughter aren't I? I can't even complete grandma's last wish before she died. . ." Sohee.

"Mommy, don't cry. If Mommy cry, grandparents will also be sad." Ji Hoon, he hugged her.

Wipping her tears away, together with Ji Hoon, they stayed there for another thirty minutes or so before going back home.

[Back at Seoul]

Heard the door bell ringing, Ji Hoon immediately ran toward the door and welcomed his grandma.

"Grandma!!" Ji Hoon, he hugged her.

"Ji Hoon, good boy." Mrs. Kwon, she patted his head, smiling.

"Hello, omoni." Sohee, she bowed her head.

"Haha. No need to be so formal. Where's Jiyong?" Mrs. Kwon.

"He went to work already. I will also leave in an hour." Sohee.

"Oh okay. You don't mind me being here right? I just wanted to spend more time to get to know you and Ji Hoon." Mrs. Kwon, she smiled.

"No, not at all. Please come in." Sohee.

While Ji Hoon is playing game on his iPad, Sohee and Jiyong's mom would sit down on the couch and have a talk.

"First off, I want to apologize for my false interpretation and wrong doings toward you five years ago and recently." Mrs. Kwon.

"Omoni, you don't have to---" Sohee.

"No, let me finish." Mrs. Kwon.

"As a mother, and having Jiyong as my only son. All I wanted was the best for him. I wanted him to inherited the company, marry a good wife and live a good, healthy life. But it looked like, the more I tried plan out his life for him the more rebellious he became. He would purposely get into fight and create trouble. . . then there was you. At that time, I couldn't help but concluded that you were reason for his violence behaviors. . . I was simply being prejudice to you for that specific fact. And not only that I was being discriminated toward you for being a commoner compare to others wealthy daughters of company's CEOs." Mrs. Kwon.

"Now, I have realized that having money and power doesn't necessary means or guarantee you any happiness. I was completely bias toward Dara due to the fact that she was raised in a high class family and is the daughter of a big company. Sohee, even though you don't have the same qualified background, you are an upright person. Without a high class family, you still were able to tell right from wrong. And much better, you have a loyal and sincere heart." Mrs. Kwon, she speaks the honest words as she holds Sohee's hand.

"I can see why Jiyong was captivated by you and why he was so willing to give up everything for you. A hidden treasure like you is more than worth it." Mrs. Kwon.

"Omoni, thank you." Sohee, touched, she smiled.

"Now that I have finished with confessing my feeling. Let's move on and talk about something else and get to know each other more. Shall we?" Mrs. Kwon.

"My from knowledge, you and Jiyong are yet to be legal wife and husband, right?" Mrs. Kwon.

"We haven't actually got married yet. . ." Sohee, with a little of sadness on her face, she answered while looking down at her hands.

"There seems to be some type of problem between you two right? Well that's your personal love life so I won't interfere. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will soon be resolved." Mrs. Kwon.

"So tell me more about yourself. I mean, I'm sure that later on Jiyong would legally make you his wife. And marriage is a very important event in a woman's life. I'm a woman myself so I can relate to that. We will need to meet your parents and discuss this together." Mrs. Kwon.

"When I was tenth, both of my parents died in a car accident. . . twelve years ago." Sohee.

"Twelve years ago?!! Sohee, your last name is Ahn right?! Where are you from?!" Mrs. Kwon, for some reason, she seemed to be interested.

"Yes, my full name is Ahn Sohee. My hometown is Gyeongju." Sohee.

"Gyeongju?!!?!!" Mrs. Kwon, she was shocked.

"Yes, Gyeongju---" Sohee.

"Oh My Lord!! Sohee-ah!!" Mrs. Kwon, she grabbed Sohee and hugged her.

"Omoni. . .??" Sohee, she was confused.

A moment later, after calming herself down from the shock, Mrs. Kwon begins to speak.

"Do you know how long I have been searching for you? Your mom and I are best friend since elementary school. When we were both pregnant, after she found out that she was having a daughter and I was going to have a son, we made a vow to have an arranged marriage for you and Jiyong." Mrs. Kwon.

"What? What?! This is what grandma was talking about? To look for my mom's best friend. . .??" Sohee, she thinks back to her grandma's last words before dying, telling her the mission.

"It's true." Mrs. Kwon.

"C&M is originally your parents' company. However, the vice president set a trap and tried to overthrow your father from the company. Your father knew about it, that's why he planned it out and hand C&M over to Jiyong's dad. The vice president wanted revenge, that's why they assassinated your parents and made it seems like a normal car accident." Mrs. Kwon.

"Soon after that car accident, to keep you in safety, your grandma took you away to the village and raised you there. Jiyong's dad and I were looking for you all over the country. My dear, how much have you suffered?" Mrs. Kwon, she started to cry as she touches Sohee's pale, shocked face.

"Mom and dad's death was a set up??!! Why. . .?! How could they. . .??!!" Sohee, shocked, she stuttered as tears run down her cheeks.

"My dear. . . I thought you were also killed by them. . . I gave up in looking for you. . . I'm sorry. . . " Mrs. Kwon.

"Omoni, please tell me more. I want to know who---?" Sohee.

"The vice president was put in jail, and he killed himself while serving in prison. Sohee-ah, I know you're a lawyer but the case is over, what happened in the past, leave it, don't trouble yourself over it. You still have a long future to live for, so don't let this hold you back, let it go." Mrs. Kwon.

"Sohee, listen to me. Don't let history repeat itself, get it?" Mrs. Kwon.

"Omoni. . . what are you talking about?" Sohee, she asked in confusion.

"The vice president held grudges against your father and wanted revenge, all of it was because he was secretly in love with your mom." Mrs. Kwon.

"Based on my research and your background information given by my assistant. Kim Heechul and Nichkhun Hoverjkul are Jiyong's rivals, am I right? I can't blame them for wanting you all to themselves. . . However, even though Jiyong has the upper hands in term of wealth and power, those two are also very wealthy and powerful. Though I don't think anything bad like your parents' case will happen again. . . But I'm still very fearful for Jiyong, Ji Hoon and your safety." Mrs. Kwon.

"Omoni. . . I. . . I. . ." Sohee, still unable to take in all of those shocking information at the same time, she froze up.

"Sohee, calm down. That was back then, now the world has changed, things like that won't likely to happen again, at least not in broad daylight. I'm just telling you because you have the right and deserve to know about this. Knowing that you're close to Nichkhun, I'm sure he won't do anything to harm you. But be cautious and watch out for your back, understand?" Mrs. Kwon.

"Sohee, you are Jiyong's original and rightful fiance. He needs you just as much as we need you. Please be strong for us and for Ji Hoon, alright?" Mrs. Kwon.

All of these coming all at once was too much for Sohee. Speechless, all she could do was to nod her head.

[Half an hour later]

It was a long time after Mrs. Kwon left that Sohee was able to put herself back together and get back to her senses.

"Mommy, what did you and grandma talked about? You look like a soulless person, just sitting there and space out." Ji Hoon.

"Nothing. Sorry Ji Hoon, Mommy was just in a lot of shock. But I'm okay now." Sohee, she pats his head and genuinely smiled.

Just then, she received a phone call.

"Sohee? Come to the company right now. Someone important will be here to meet you soon." Lady, a lady from the company called her.

"Right now? Okay, I'll be there as soon as possible." Sohee.

[On street of Seoul city]

"So because Sunmi is busy, she called on us to babysit their son?" Seungri.

"Why? Are you disappointed that she called me to babysit him with you instead of the pretty face Sunmi?" Taeyang, he mocked him.

"Yes! I am Very Disappointed!! This could have been the Perfect Date With Sunmi! And you just have to ruin it!!" Seungri.

"Seungri hyung, if you continue on to be like this then Sunmi noona will never ever agree to be your girlfriend." Ji Hoon.

"You're a five-year-old kid, what do you know?!" Seungri.

"Aish! Seungri, Hush!!" Taeyang.

"Let's go in that flower shop. I need to buy some flowers for my Yubin. Why don't you buy one for Sunmi? All girls love flowers. They feel special just having a a lot of flowers to hold in their hands." Taeyang, he suggested.

"Good Idea!" Seungri, he snapped his fingers.

[At the flower shop]

"Yah! What flowers do you think suit Sunmi the most? Roses? Lilies? Which one?!" Seungri, excited, he asked for an opinion.

"SSSHHHH!!" Taeyang, he suddenly covered Seungri's mouth, and pulled Ji Hoon to hide behind the flowers.

"Be quiet! It's Kim Heechul. What the heck is he doing here?!" Taeyang.

"That bastard Kim Heechul!! Didn't he move to France?! Why did he suddenly come back?!" Seungri.

"Who is that person? Who is Kim Heechul?" Ji Hoon, he asked.

"Ji Hoon, ssshh!!" Taeyang, he quieted Ji Hoon.

"That bastard, oooopss! I mean guy right there, he is Jiyong's rival. He wants to steal Sohee away from Jiyong." Taeyang, he explained.

"What?! Another one?!! Why so many?!! There was Nichkhun hyung, then the Witch Ahjuma, and now that guy?!! Do they not know about Ji Hoon?! Mommy is taken!!" Ji Hoon, irritated, he pouted his lips and puffed up his red cheeks.

Without a thought, Ji Hoon grab the waterpot on the side and walked toward Heechul.

"Yah! Ji Hoon!! What are you doing?!!" Seungri, he quietly shouted, trying to stop Ji Hoon, but it was too late.

"YAAAAAH!! AISH!!!!!!!!" Heechul, he shouted as Ji Hoon went over and surprised him as he pour the water on his pants, specifically his private part.

"Ahjussi!! You peed in your pants!! How gross!!!" Ji Hoon, he yelled it out loud as he pointed to Heechul's pants.

"YAAAH!! This Bratty Kid!! You Did That To Me!! How Could You Say That I Peed In My Pants---??!!" Heechul.

"Customer, please lower your voice. He is a kid, kid makes mistakes, please forgive him." Owner, she tried to cool down the situation.

"Yah. . . what do we do? Ji Hoon might be in big trouble." Seungri, he whispered to Taeyang, while they hide in the back, watching the scene.

"Be quiet. Ji Hoon is Jiyong and Sohee's son. Don't underestimate him." Taeyang.

"Yah, kid. I have a very important thing to do after this. I have to make a good impression. Do you know what you just did? How are you going to pay for my newly bought pants? What's your name?" Heechul, trying to keep his cool, he asked.

"First name Your, last name Father. I am Your Father." Ji Hoon, he answered.

"WHAT?!! You're Asking For A Beating Aren't You?!!" Heechul, turning red in madness, he shouted at Ji Hoon.

"There are many camera surveillance in this flower shop. According to article 5-2 governing the protection of children under The Law of United States of America, violence action against children is consider as crime. If the video capturing ahjussi threatening to beat me is turned in to the court, you will be put behind bars for up to eight months." Ji Hoon, he cited the law.

"Yah! Yah! Forget this! Bring out your parents!! Who Are Your Parents??!! Call Them Out Here Right Now!!" Heechul, mad, he shouted.

"Ahjussi, if you can't even win an argument with me, how can you expect to win an argument with my parents? Be realistic!! It was an accident, and I'm a kid while you're an adult. An adult like you should be the bigger person and let go of such little incident like this." Ji Hoon.

"Such little incident?! Look at my pants! Does this look like a little incident to you?!" Heechul, he once again shouted at Ji Hoon.

"YAH Kid! You're Lucky I Am In A Hurry Right Now. If I Wasn't I'd Take You To The Police Station Already!" Heechul, pissed off, he paid for the flowers and walked off.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~~ Ji Hoon-ah, you really are Jiyong and Sohee's son!! That was just AWESOME!!!" Seungri, as soon as Heechul left, he ran over, picked Ji Hoon up and spun him around.

"Excuse me lady, can I get the video recording of that just now? I have got to show Jiyong this. He will be so proud of his own son for revenge Heechul on his behave." Taeyang, he laughed.

"Witch Ahjuma and Crazy Ahjussi, as long as there is Ji Hoon, noway I will let you disturb Mommy and Daddy's love!!" Ji Hoon, he raised his hands up as if he has just won a victory of a battle.

[At B.G.I company]

"Unnie, were someone asking for me?" Sohee.

"Just go inside the meeting room. That person will come soon." Worker.

Nodded her head, Sohee walks to the meeting room and patiently waited.

Twenty minutes of waiting, finally the door opened.

Standing up to greet the person, Sohee was in for a surprise.

"Why do you look so surprised for? Do you miss me that much? Ahn Sohee or should I say Kwon Sohee?! Didn't expect to see me did you? Hahahaha." Heechul, he laughed at Sohee's shocked expression.

"W-What are you doing here?" Sohee, scared, she backed up a little.

"Why are you so scared of me? Is not like I'm not gonna hurt you. Look, I even brought you flowers. The prettiest one in the shop for the prettiest girl like you." Heechul, he walks closer to her, grabbed her hand and gently kissed it.

"What Are You Doing?!" Sohee, she immediately pulled her hand away.

"Sohee, why are you acting so cold to me? Didn't you save me from those gangster? Didn't you help bandaged my injures and cooked for me? We were that close---" Heechul.

"That was the past. Now is different. Please don't touch me just as you're pleased!" Sohee.

"Alright, alright! At least take these flowers, would you? Only they can match with your flawless beauty." Heechul, backing his hands up, he gave her the flowers.

Had no choice, she accepted the flowers.

"So I heard you disappeared to America with another man, became a lawyer for B.G.I. and is now living in Korea. Sounds quite like an adventure doesn't it?" Heechul, placing his hands in his pockets, he stared at her intensively.

"What do you want?" Sohee, tried to hide her fear, she stayed calm and asked.

"What do I want? Nothing much. . . How about you divorcing that Crazy Dog and make me your husband?" Heechul, getting closer to her and touches her long silky hairs.

"You ditched him five years ago because he was a no good gangster right? And only now would you come back to him when he's on top as the president of C&M. I know you're hungry for money, and I have a lot of them. You can have all of it, as long as you're mine." Heechul, he offered a deal.

"Mr. Kim, I'm afraid that you've been mistaken. My surname is now Kwon, I belongs to the Kwon family as Kwon Sohee. As a man, you should know better not to mess with a married woman. Please leave me and my husband alone." Sohee, she backed away from him.

"Mistaken? There is no such thing as mistaken. You're the first girl I ever had on eyes on and I don't intend on looking at another girl. Me and that bastard Kwon Jiyong may have the same reasons to why we are so in love with you, but I can guarantee you that I will love you much more than he can." Heechul, reaching out his hands, he wanted to touch her.

"Please Don't Touch Me!! The only man in my heart is Jiyong, he is my first and will be my last love. I would really like it if we can just we friends. Please don't try to harm Jiyong and anyone else related to me. Sorry, but I have got to go right now." Sohee, scared, she dropped the flowers and ran out of the room.

"How could you say those icing-cold words to me?! Ahn Sohee, if I can't have you, No One else could! Not even you Kwon Jiyong!!" Heechul, he clenches his fists, staring at the opened door.

[At the same time]

"I have got to find a way to separate them. I have to separate them!! Jiyong is already possessed by her, noway he will listen to me. I have to make her leave him! What is the best way to force her out of his life?? C'mon Dara, use your brain, use your brain!!" Dara, by herself in the room, she walked back and forth, thinking of a solution.

"AHH!! Got It!!! Ahn Sohee, let's see if you still dare to seduce my Jiyong!!" Dara, she snapped her fingers in excitement.

[Meanwhile]

Scared, Sohee got inside the car and drove straight back home.

"Mommy! You're home?!" Ji Hoon, he ran over to the door and greeted Sohee with a big hug.

"Where did you go? I had to pick him up from Taeyang and Seungri." Jiyong.

"Jiyong!!" Sohee, still frightened, she rushes over to him and hugged him tight.

"What happened to you? Why is your body shaking? It's not even cold outside. . ." Jiyong, he was confused.

"He. . . he's back. . . I'm scared! I'm scared that he will try to harm you like how he did back then. . . and what if I'm not there to protect you and shield you from the knife? Jiyong, I'm scared. . . I don't want anything bad to happen to you. . ." Sohee, she touches his face and speak as she trembles in fear.

"Who are you talking about? Who is He?" Jiyong.

"Kim Heechul. . . He. . . he went to look for me at my company today. . . Jiyong, I'm scared. . ." Sohee,she tears up in terror.

"He Went To Look For You?! What Did He Do To You?!! Did He Dare To Touch You?!!" Jiyong.

"He didn't. . . I ran away. . ." Sohee, sniffing, she shake her head.

"What is he up to? Why did he has to come back now? Out of all time, why must it be now?! He better not mess with me." Jiyong.

[Heechul's house]

"So what are you planning to do?" Donghae, holding the glass of wine, he asked.

"I don't care what the method is, as long as I can make her mine." Heechul.

"Yah! Why trouble yourself when there are so many girls out there?" Donghae, doesn't understand, he asked.

"Those other girls are fun to play with, but none of them can be worthy enough or match up to her. She is one of the kind, a very special one." Heechul.

"Do you know why that dog Jiyong still can't let go of her even though she left him for five years?" Heechul.

"Why?" Donghae.

"Because unlike other girls who only care about looks and money, Ahn Sohee. . . she could careless about those material things. That dog Jiyong is dam lucky. What did he do in his past life to deserve such love from her?" Heechul.

"Donghae, do you know? That girl, Ahn Sohee. . . Though outside she appears to be stubborn and rough to others, inside, she is very sincere and caring. Once she loves someone, she will do anything for them and give them her all. Her heart is very pure and innocent. In conclusion, she is a hidden treasure. How unfortunate is it that Kwon Jiyong found it before me. . . He sees the same qualities in her as I do, that's why he was also mesmerized by her. He won't easily let go of such treasure like that, and neither would I." Heechul, he drinks up the wine.

"You guys are weird. . . There are billions of beautiful girls. . . Yet you both chose to fight for one girl. . . I really don't understand." Donghae.

"Of course you wouldn't. A player like you. . . Just wait, one day you will find that special girl that will make your heart skip a beat. That's when you know you're in love." Heechul.

"This me is not the same Kim Heechul that I used to be. I'm perfectly normal and fine, yet once I see her smiling in another man's arms, I turn into a crazy demon that just want kill him off with my own hands." Heechul, mad, he squeezed the glass so hard that it shattered.

"Yo! Calm down!" Donghae.

"The frighten look on her face when she sees me. . . I really just want to kill him when I think back to that look on her face. She called him her husband. . . Haha!" Heechul, he insanely laughed out loud.

"Donghae, I really thought that being away for five years would really help me to forget her. . .  But first love really is hard to forget." Heechul.

"Dude! You sound mad crazy right now. Like a psycho. If I were Ahn Sohee, I probably wouldn't date you either. . ." Donghae.

"What did you just say?" Heechul, he glared at Donghae.

"Do you think that dog Kwon Jiyong is any better than me? Within the four years of high school, he has sent a total of forty-eight people to the hospital with gang fights. No matter what, I will Never lose to him." Heechul.

"His blood-stained hands don't deserve to have her innocent heart." Heechul, he drinks up the last drop of wine and then threw the glass across the room, hitting the wall and shattered into pieces.