Chapter 41

Be Mine Or Die

Rushing out of the car, Jiyong carries Sohee running inside the hospital while Nichkhun and Ji Hoon quickly follow behind.

"Excuse me, we're having an emergency---!!" Jiyong, panicking, he shouted at the nurse while carrying Sohee in his arms.

"Sorry sir. . . there are a lot of patients in need of emergency at the moment due to the car crash between the two tourist buses.  She will have to wait." Nurse, in a hurry, she immediately run off to the emergency after finished explaining to Jiyong.

"What do we do now?" Nichkhun, he looks at Jiyong with a lost and confused expression, in a panic, not knowing what to do.

"Daddy! Mommy will be okay, right?" Ji Hoon, spaced out in fear, he asked with his shaking voice while holding tight onto Nichkhun's hand.

Had no choice, Jiyong places Sohee down, leaning on the wall while waiting for the available doctor.

"Her fingers are turning blackish purple. Those needles were poisoned!" Jiyong, he immediately noticed the strange swelling and changing of color at the tips of her fingers.

Without a moment of hesitation, picking Sohee's left hand up, he begins to on her fingers in attempt to remove the poisons out of her body.

"Jiyong, What Are You Doing?! You'll Get Poison Too If You Don't Stop Now! We Don't Even Know What Type Of Poison It Is!" Nichkhun, he shouted, warning Jiyong.

Doesn't care one bit of the risk he's taking upon himself, as if he's deaf Jiyong ignored it all, he continued on to out the poison and continuously spit it out right after. Nichkhun then realizes that no matter what he say or how much he try, Jiyong would rather die along with Sohee then to just let her lay there and die hopelessly. Rapidly working through the chaos occurring in his mind, Nichkhun snatched a doctor running across the hospital and brought him over.

"Doctor, my friend is poisoned, please help!" Nichkhun, he pleaded with the doctor in effort to save Sohee.

"There are forty other patients that are also waiting to be treated. It's a Saturday, there are only four doctors available in the hospital right now. We really are trying our best to help everyone. Please be patient and wait." Doctor, rushing, he pushes Nichkhun's hands off and ran to the emergency room.

Unable to get any aid, Nichkhun slowly walk back in depression. Noticed Ji Hoon's pale face and his body shaking in frighten, Nichkhun then gently wipe Ji Hoon's tears away, telling him that everything will be okay.

Seeing that Sohee is laying there half dead, worse yet, her condition is not showing signs of improvement either despite all of his efforts in removing the poison. Jiyong then suddenly out of nowhere get up and run to the nurse office for a short amount of time then hurriedly run back with a surgery knife in his hand, along with a small bottle of disinfection. Paying absolutely no attention, disregarding anyone else, Jiyong tears a part of his shirt and tied it strangling tight on Sohee's left arm as a way to slow down the spreading of the poison into her blood streams. Opening the bottle of disinfection solution, Jiyong then poured it out onto the knife.

"What are you planning to do?!" Nichkhun, confused and feared of Jiyong's impulse action, he asked in a panic.

"You trust me?" Jiyong, he asked looking at Sohee's exhausted eyes that shows no sign of live.

Gathering all of the strength from her beat up body, Sohee tiredly give Jiyong a slight nod.

"Ji Hoon Close Your Eyes!" Jiyong, once Sohee nodded, he then shouted loud in demand with a serious and scary tone.

"Daddy. . .??" Ji Hoon, frightened, can't processes the emergency situation into his head he tear up watching his parents.

Not exactly understanding what Jiyong is trying to do, yet following along, Nichkhun turned Ji Hoon around and quickly covered up his eyes. Sohee's left hand then gradually starts to turn pale purple as if all the blood has drained out of her hand. Right then, proceeding on Jiyong uses the disinfected knife and carefully make a slight cut on her blood vein at the thought that this method might possibly help to prevent the poison from expanding any further to her bloodstream and to her heart.

"Why isn't she screaming? Doesn't it hurt?" Jiyong, he asked himself in panic when he sees that Sohee had no reaction to the cut on her vein whatsoever, she seems to be numbed with no feelings and sensation.

Heard Jiyong's shouts, Ji Hoon tried to block it out of his ears with his shaky hands covering it up.

"Sohee?! Stay In Conscious! Open your eyes and Look At Me!" Jiyong, growing more and more terrified, sensing that something is wrong, he holds onto her face and tried to get responses out of her.

Weakly, Sohee opened her eyes, looking at his worried face, she shake her head telling him that she can't feel the cut on her wrist. With the amount of blood that she's losing plus the poison infections in her body, her tired eyes then slowly closes itself down.

"Sohee?! Yah!! Don't scare me like this!!" Jiyong, he shouted loudly as if he's losing sanity at the thought of losing Sohee.

"We have a spot available now, please bring her in." Doctor, at the critical moment, luckily a doctor came running to them.

In a blink of an eye, Jiyong picked Sohee up, carrying her in his arms and run toward the emergency room.

"Excuse me, we will take her from here. Please stay outside and let the doctor save her." Nurse, a nurse stopped Jiyong from entering the room when the other male nurse took Sohee from his arms, bring her inside and placed her down on the surgery bed.

Coming in one ear, existing out on the other. Stubborn and headstrong as he is, Jiyong didn't take a word of the nurse into consideration. Pushing the nurse aside, he boldly runs into the room and immediately grab Sohee's hand, who is laying unconscious on the bed.

"Mister, you can't come into this room!" Nurse, getting back on her feet from Jiyong's push, she tried to reason with Jiyong.

"Let him be." Doctor, sympathize for Jiyong seeing him panic over Sohee, he told the nurse to let Jiyong stay.

Before proceeding with the operation, the doctor checks the wounds on Sohee's fingers along with the cut on her wrist made by Jiyong. 

"She's poisoned. Do you know what type of poison it is?" Doctor, holding Sohee's hands, he looks at Jiyong while speaking.

"You're the doctor, shouldn't you know? Why are you asking me? Do I look like I know?!" Jiyong, mad in worries, his old attitude once again made an appearance in front of the doctor.

"Get her blood sample, bring it to the Testing Lab and find out what chemical agent is contained inside the poison." Doctor, ignoring Jiyong's rude attitude, the doctor continued on with the process and ordered the nurse to draw Sohee's blood.

"The cut on her wrist looks new as the blood is still bleeding and has not dried up yet. Tying the fabric tied on her arm, slowing down the spreading on the poison, making a small cut on the wrist to allow a path for the poison to leave the bloodstream. This is not something common for normal non-doctor people to do. How did you know about these methods?" Doctor, he asked Jiyong while checking on the wounds.

"I'm no doctor. I just learned those things through out my years of being a gangster." Jiyong, annoyed with the doctor's non-stop talking, he quickly answered.

"There are blood on the corner of your mouth." Doctor, he pointed at Jiyong.

"I tried to the poison out of her fingers." Jiyong, he quickly wiped the blood away with his hand.

Got all of the information needed, the doctor then begin the operation.

"Though we don't know what exactly is in the poison, but base on the side effects showed, the poison is targeted to disable the body's ability to function, which will make a person disable or in another word a human vegetable. Which means if you didn't do all of those methods attempting to get the poison out, her entire left arm would have been disable by now." Doctor, proud, he quickly smiled at Jiyong.

"Hurry and set up the dialysis machine. Get six bags of type AB blood. We're going to remove all of the poisoned blood in her left arm." Doctor, he ordered the two female nurses.

"Remove the fabric on her arm and sew up the cut on her wrist!" Doctor, he ordered the other nurse while giving Sohee the disinfectant shots into her poisoned fingers.

Standing by her side, Jiyong was left helpless and could only watch the machine wires one after another being attached to Sohee's body. 

"Doctor, the dialysis machine is on stand by!" Nurse, she ran back to the doctor.

"Everyone get ready. Because she's poisoned and is unconscious, we can't give her anesthesia as it might cause her to go into a coma and disable her whole entire body. Therefore I'll have to do the surgery without it. And as soon as I make the cut on her arm, she will wake up due to the shock. I need you guys to whole her body down." Doctor.

"What are you saying?! Why Are You Performing A Surgery On Her?!" Jiyong, not understand what's going on, he angrily grabbed the doctor's collar and shouted loudly.

"In order to remove the poison from her body, we need to replace the blood on her left arm. The only way to do that is the dialysis machine, and for that we need to insert the two tubes inside her arm. I'm the doctor, I know what I'm doing. If you're going to insist on staying here during the surgery, then don't be a bother and disturb the operation." Doctor, had enough of Jiyong's attitude, he pushed Jiyong off and go on with the process.

As the procedure begins, the doctor places the scalpel on her arms and begin to make a cut. And just as the doctor warned before, Sohee immediately wake up due to the sudden pain which frightened her body and give her a shock. Lying on the operation bed, with the surgery lights shining into her eyes, Sohee screamed in pain as the knife cut through her skin while the nurses are holding onto her hands and feet, pressing them down on the bed, preventing her from moving.

"SOHEE!!! Look At Me! LISTEN! Everything will be fine! You will be Fine! I won't let you go through this pain alone. You will definitely be okay." Jiyong, can't stand the painful screams, he went over, grab Sohee's face and directed her attentions to his eyes.

Despite Jiyong's effort, with the unbearable pain, felt the insanity inside her body as the doctor cut into her arm, Sohee continued on to scream loudly in pain, moving her body non-stop while being press down by the nurses. The screaming continued on as the nurses shut their eyes tight, going deaf from the loud screams. Jiyong felt twice as painful seeing Sohee suffering. Then, no need for anymore thinking, Jiyong voluntarily placed his arm on Sohee's lips. Allowing Sohee to bite on his arm to stop the screaming, it brought peace into the doctor and nurses' minds and helped the surgery to go on. Wanting to share the pain that Sohee is suffering, Jiyong closes his eyes and endure the sharp pain from Sohee's teeth biting down on his arm.

Though the screaming has stopped, the nurses are still having trouble holding Sohee down as the doctor inserts the two clear plastic dialysis tubes inside her arm. 

"It's ready. Begin the dialysis process!" Doctor, done with the procedure, he gets up and alert the nurse.

"Miss, we're no longer cutting into your flesh. But the pain won't stop anytime soon, and we can't give you any medicine to help with the pain. Not until all the poison are removed. So for the time being, please endure it." Doctor, he walks over to Sohee and kindly explained it to her.

"Mister, go get your arm treated. The bite might cause infection if you don't disinfect it properly." Doctor.

"I'll be fine. I won't die from this." Jiyong, stubborn, not wanting to separate from Sohee for even a second, he refused the suggestion.

"I'll just treat him here." Nurse, understood Jiyong's personality, the nurse naturally bring in the first aid kit and treat his arm right next to Sohee's surgery bed.

Twenty minutes later, once the dialysis machine signals that it has finished dialysing all the blood, the doctor instantly rushes back to remove the two temporary dialysis tubes and sew up the surgical cut on her arm. 

"She is completely safe now, she just need a lot of rest. Get some peace into her mind, a lot of sleep and she will recover perfectly fine. However, she will need to stay here for the next two days for further check up." Doctor.

"As for the poison, it contains a medium level of dangerous chemical agents that can disfunction the nerve muscle. And of course, by law we are not allow to reveal the particular name of the chemical. Thus this is all the information we can give you. It is all thank to you that her left arm is safe, otherwise, her body would've already turned into a vegetable, she would've become a disable person. You should give yourself a round of applause young man." Doctor, patting Jiyong's back, he walks off the room.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Ji Hoon, he quickly run inside the room.

"Ji Hoon, Mommy is sorry. Sorry that you had to go through such a traumatize experience. Are you okay? Mommy is sorry." Sohee, rising from the bed, she sits up and gently hug Ji Hoon.

"Mommy, don't say sorry. Mommy didn't do anything wrong. Ji Hoon is Mommy and Daddy's son, I'm not a weak little boy. I'm fine, Mommy don't worry." Ji Hoon, he gave Sohee a carefree smile as if nothing happened.

"That's my boy. See, even without DNA test, I can still tell that he's my son. I'm proud of you son!" Jiyong, he self-praises himself while Ji Hoon's head.

"Half of him is mine, why do you always think he's all yours?" Sohee.

"So?! Everyone says he's an exact copy of me." Jiyong.

"It's not fair that girls has to carry the baby for nine months and go through the pain of giving birth, while the guy do nothing and get most of the credit. Forget this, where is Nichkhun oppa?" Sohee.

"Nichkhun hyung is---" Ji Hoon, before he could finish answering Sohee, Jiyong covered his mouth and stopped him.

"I'll tell you where he is if you stop calling him oppa. Oppa this oppa that. Always oppa!!" Jiyong.

"OOWWW!" Jiyong, he shouted as Ji Hoon bites his hand.

"Daddy, you're such a jelly fish. Stop being so jealous. Mommy only think of Nichkhun hyung as an older brother. I can be the witness, Mommy is innocent. End of court!" Ji Hoon, he sided with Sohee as he sticks out his tongue and mocked Jiyong.

"Yah! Ji Hoon, who's son are you? Why are you siding with him? Do you not know your mom? She is a human waking magnet. Do you know how many fight I've got into because of her?! Guys beat me up because of her!! Ji Hoon, when you grow up, don't get attract to pretty girls. You will suffer a lot like me." Jiyong.

"Mommy has already told me not to surround myself with many girls and cause my love one to be hurt." Ji Hoon.

"YAH! What did you tell him? Are you trying to make me into the bad guy? The only girl I've ever loved is you. You're my first and last girl!" Jiyong, he defended himself.

"Alright, alright. You two stop fighting!" Nichkhun, he entered the room with foods and flowers in his hands.

"FOOD!!" Ji Hoon, he immediately run off and grap the food, feeding into his own mouth.

"Here is the beautiful flowers for my lovely girl." Nichkhun, he walks over and hand Sohee the flowers.

"AHEM!!! My Lovely Girl?!" Jiyong, he glares at Nichkhun.

"Stop being a jelly fish, she's all yours. I won't steal her, rest at ease." Nichkhun.

"What's up with you and Ji Hoon? Why do you both call me jelly fish? If I was an animal, I should be a dragon! Dragon is the most powerful!" Jiyong, he grew suspicious.

"Ji Hoon likes to give people nickname. You always get jealous, that's why he calls you jelly fish." Sohee, she answer while eating the food.

"Ji Hoon, if I'm the jelly fish, what is Mommy then?" Jiyong.

"Daddy is a jelly fish, because everyone can see through you, you can never hide your jealousy. Mommy is a beautiful mermaid." Ji Hoon, he smiled big, flashing his teeth at Jiyong.

"That is NOT fair! How come Mommy gets to be the beautiful mermaid, and I'm the ugly jelly fish?!" Jiyong. 

"At least he gave you a nickname. I don't even have one." Nichkhun.

"Anyway, I forgot to tell you. But Jiyong, someone is waiting for you outside." Nichkhun.

"I'll be back. Wait for me." Jiyong, he bent down and kisses Sohee on her forehead before leaving.

"Ji Hoon, keep Mommy in check for me. Make sure Nichkhun doesn't get too close to her." Jiyong, with that he walks out of the room.

"He surely is crazy in love with you, isn't he? Haha. Anyway, take a nap now. I can't believe they perform a surgery on you while you were wide awake." Nichkhun.

"I'm fine now, aren't I?" Sohee.

"Mommy, stop talking to Nichkhun hyung and take a nap. Daddy gave me a job to keep you in check and I'm doing it. Nichkhun hyung, don't get too close to my Mommy. No can do, no, no. Nuh Ah!" Ji Hoon, holding up his index finger, he moves it side to side, warning Nichkhun.

"Like father, like son. Alright, I won't bother her any longer." Nichkhun, he laughed it off looking at the cute Ji Hoon.

[Outside]

Walking toward the hospital's door, Jiyong was greeted by his assistant, Mr. Ha. Following him, Jiyong entered the car and leave the hospital.

"Young master, the police has caught Miss Dara, but they were unable to investigate her." Mr. Ha.

"What do you mean?" Jiyong.

A while later, they arrived at an unfamiliar building. Getting out of the car, Jiyong then slowly take a look at the building before entering.

"Young master, after you left that place with young miss Sohee, the police arrived and found the room in a disaster destruction. They also found miss Dara trembling, talking to herself while sitting all alone in the corner of the room. They originally took her to the police station but then transferred her to this place instead." Mr. Ha, he explained things one by one as he guide Jiyong to the place.

Jiyong then suddenly stopped walking at the sight of Dara through the big glass window.

"She was examined by both psychologist and psychiatrist. Both has confirm and reported that her mind has been traumatized by the incident and all of the past events. Because she has always been getting what she wants for all of her life, she couldn't accept the fact that her love for you was rejected. She has diagnosed with GAD, short for Generalize Anxiety Disorder. It is resulted from a long period of haunted anxiety. Miss Dara is also diagnosed with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, which is caused after a traumatic event, such as the previous one with young miss." Mr. Ha, he fully explained the situation.

"Thus, the police has decided to jail her here, a jail for criminal with mental illness. For all the evil schemes she had done against young miss, Miss Dara has been sentenced for two years in jail." Mr. Ha.

Standing outside the glass window, Jiyong silently listen to Mr. Ha's explanation while watching Dara inside the white, empty room.

"Do you want to talk to her?" Worker, a worker came up and asked Jiyong.

"No need." Jiyong, he dismisses her.

"Jiyong-aah, I will always be here to love you. I will never leave you." Dara, sitting all alone in the room, she would talk to the cold white wall while touching it.

"Miss Dara thinks the wall is you, young master. She has been talking to it since yesterday." Mr. Ha.

"Jiyong-aaah, am I pretty? I'm pretty right? You love me right? You love Only me right? I'm pretty and you love me. We will always be together." Dara, smiling, leaning against the wall, she continued on to talk to it.

"Will she ever recover?" Jiyong, he speaks in a cold tone.

"She is currently being treated with medications along with he help of the psychologist. She will someday recover." Mr. Ha.

Got the answer to his question, Jiyong then walk off, leaving the building with Mr. Ha following behind.