Chapter 35

Be Mine Or Die

[Next day, at Jiyong parents' house]

After picking Ji Hoon up from the international kindergarten, they all went to visit Jiyong's mom.

"Mom, we're here to visit. How are you feeling?" Jiyong, he asked, entering the room.

"I'm a lot better now. Thank you for coming." Mrs. Kwon, turning her head back from the window, she gave off a gentle smile.

"Grandma! Mommy, Daddy and Ji Hoon bought you some fruits. Please eat a lot and be healthy soon." Ji Hoon, holding the big, heavy basket of fruits with his little hands, he tiptoed to the bed and handed it over.

"Coming here to visit is good enough already. No need to buy gift, we have a garden of fruits outside." Mr. Kwon.

"That's exactly what I said, but being the stubborn woman that she is, she insisted on buying the fruits." Jiyong, he answered with a quick glance over at Sohee.

"I was taught that when visiting a patient, it is necessary to bring a gift, big or small. It's a way to express your respect and sincerity." Sohee, she glanced back at him.

"Look at you two! Hahaha!! Really remind me of how we used to be back in our youth, which is decades ago. . . As husband and wife, sometimes, you just have to take the blame and give in to each other. That's how a relationship works." Mr. Kwon, he laughed watching the couple argue.

"Grandpa, you tell Mommy and Daddy!! This is what I have to wake up to everyday. . . I feel like I'm watching a drama." Ji Hoon, crossing his arms, acting like an adult, he stared at Jiyong and Sohee.

"Look! Even Ji Hoon notices. How can this adorable grandson of my be more mature than his own parents?" Mr. Kwon, he teases them.

"You people, enough talking. Jiyong doesn't come home to visit that often and neither would you, really are like father like son. You three men go outside and do your man talk. I want to have sometime alone with Sohee." Mrs. Kwon, she smiled, telling them to leave.

"Mom, what are you planning to do---?" Jiyong, he shouted hurriedly, fearing that she would try to separate Sohee from him.

"Don't worry. I have already accepted her as part of our family. She is now your wife, Ji Hoon's mother and my daughter-in-law, I have no intention to harm her. Am I that wicked that you can't even let me be alone with her? I just want to talk to her." Mrs. Kwon, she smiled once again, reassure Jiyong that everything will be fine.

Received a nod from Sohee, slowly, together with Mr. Kwon and Ji Hoon, his eyes continued on to be staring fixed at her as he leaves the room.

[Outside]

Together, the three men take a walk around the big and beautiful garden at the back of their house.

"How long are you staying here for? The last time you visited, it was only for two days. . ." Jiyong.

"Hahaha. Did you miss me that much? Don't worry, I'm staying here for good." Mr. Kwon.

"You're staying here for good?! Really?!" Jiyong, surprised.

"Yes I am. In the past twenty-three years of our marriage, I've always thought that we never had any feelings for each other and that there is no possibility for real love with our arranged marriage. That's why I've always been so cold to your mom. . . I thought that if I act cold to her, she would leave me and find another man, but she didn't. And it was yesterday's incident that made me realize how much I care and love her. I talked to her, and surprisingly enough she has the exact same thought as I did. . . Haha, fate sure knows how to play with people." Mr. Kwon, he speaks slowly as they walk.

"It took twenty-three years for me and your mom and come to this realization. Jiyong-ah, learn from my mistake and don't repeat it. You're still young and have a long way to go, plus there is also Ji Hoon, stop holding yourself back and go work it out with Sohee. She is a good girl that will help shine that light in your life. Love comes in many different ways, but regardless of what people think, at the end it's the heart that will speaks your honest feeling. Understand?" Mr. Kwon,  speaking the words from his experienced heart, he tried to advise Jiyong.

"I know dad. The moment she came, she defined my life. She gave my life a meaning to live for. . . before that, all I do every day was messing around, creating trouble for others. But she taught me how to trust, how to believe and how to love, though our love is a rough one. Together with Ji Hoon, she also taught me how to be responsible . . . if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have had the motivation I did to finish high school and get my master degree in college." Jiyong.

"It's good that you're aware of it. You've made me proud with your accomplishments through those years without me." Mr. Kwon, smiling with a proud face of a dad, he patted Jiyong's shoulder.

"Sir, the meeting is in twenty minutes. We need to leave now." Assistant, he reminded.

"Alright, I have to attend the meeting now We'll talk more later." Mr. Kwon, like that he left for work.

"Daddy!!!" Ji Hoon, right after the second that Mr. Kwon leaves the house, Ji Hoon came running to Jiyong.

"What is it?" Jiyong, he gets down to talk to Ji Hoon.

"Daddy, were you and grandpa talking about Mommy?" Ji Hoon, he asked with a sneaky smile on his face.

"Yah, Ji Hoon. It's bad to eavesdrop on adults' conversation---" Jiyong, not finished with his words, he was cut off by Ji Hoon.

"Daddy, do you love Mommy? You love Mommy right, right?!" Ji Hoon, showing his perfectly white teeth, he smiled at Jiyong.

"Why are you asking me that? . . . I . . ." Jiyong, froze in the moment, he stuttered at Ji Hoon's question.

"Daddy, you love Mommy right?!" Ji Hoon, he asked once again.

". . . I . . ." Jiyong, words just couldn't find its way out of his mouth.

"Daddy, you love Mommy right? Daddy loves Mommy right?! Daddy loves Mommy right?! Daddy loves Mommy right?! Daddy loves Mommy right?! Right?!" Ji Hoon, placing his tiny hands on Jiyong's face, he pulled his face in closer to him and with the speed fast like lightning, he would nonstop, asking Jiyong the same question over and over again, forcing an answer out of him.

"Ji Hoon! Stop, let's go inside to see grandma kay? I . . . I'll answer that later . . . maybe. . ." Jiyong, hesitated, he stood up.

"Maybe?! You have to answer ME!!" Ji Hoon.

"Daddy loves Mommy right?! Daddy loves Mommy right?! Daddy LOVES Mommy right?!!!" Ji Hoon, running out of breath, he continued on to ask.

"Ji Hoon, stop. . ." Jiyong, trying to stop Ji Hoon from asking the question, yet he, himself was starting to laugh at Ji Hoon's cuteness; unable to avoid the question, he started to walk back inside the house, following by Ji Hoon.

"Daddy, I know you LOVE Mommy!! If you didn't love Mommy, why would there be ME?! Ji Hoon Exists because of Mommy and Daddy right?! Daddy looooooooves Mommy. Daddy, you love Mommy forever and ever and ever and ever and ever on." Ji Hoon, following behind Jiyong, he would runs his mouth like a radio machine.

"Daddy loves Mommy, and then there was Ji Hoon. Because of Ji Hoon, Mommy and Daddy will love each other forever and ever. Love forever and ever!!" Ji Hoon

He continued on to talked while Jiyong just laugh looking at his own son playing cupid.

[At the same time]

"Relax, I'm not the same strict and scary mom that I was five years ago. No need to be cautious and nervous like that around me." Mrs. Kwon, she speaks, sensing the anxiety vibe from Sohee's expressions.

"Yes, omoni." Sohee, still nervous, she bowed her head.

"Ever since yesterday, I have been doing a lot of thinking. . . Thinking back, it was me who didn't see the true light in you and pushed you away. If it wasn't for you, Jiyong wouldn't be who he is today. You made him a better man, and taught him many things that I failed to do so. . . Seeing how intelligence and mannerful Ji Hoon is, you really are a good mother to him, despite the fact that you raised him all on your own for five years. It put me to shame when I look at your accomplishments." Mrs. Kwon, genuinely, she smiled at Sohee as she holds her hand.

"Omoni, you're flattering me. I really didn't do that much---" Sohee.

"You did. You did a lot. Not only did you give Jiyong a smart son, you also gave us the perfect grandson that we couldn't have asked for. If it wasn't for you and Ji Hoon, I'd be living a lonely life for the next forty years or more of my life. I truly am thanking you for being with Jiyong and being a part of our family." Mrs. Kwon.

Touched by her heartwarming words, Sohee smiled.

"I heard from Jiyong that you're a lawyer right?" Mrs. Kwon.

"Yes omoni." Sohee.

"I want to ask about that kid, Dara. What will happen to her? Even though she committed a crime in trying to harm you and could have possibly take away your life. It was all thank to her that I could be happy united with Jiyong's dad." Mrs. Kwon.

"According to article 7-1, if full charges are taken then she will have to serve a total of two years and eight months in prison. Other wise, she can be release anytime as soon as the charges are lifted." Sohee, she answered.

"You're an intelligence girl, tell me your opinion. What should I do with her? What decision should I take? After all, she is the daughter of P.G.A.'s president. The two companies has always been on a good relationship with each other, I don't want to ruin it." Mrs. Kwon, she asked for advise.

"I'm sure she has realized her mistake by now, and hopefully got a lesson out of it, to never intentionally harm anyone ever again. For the two families, companies and to avoid gossips from the public, I think it's necessary to lift the charges." Sohee.

"I see." Mrs. Kwon, understood, she nodded her head.

[Back at home]

Done with dinner, Sohee went to talk on the phone with Sunmi while Jiyong plays with Ji Hoon.

"I Cannot believe you advised her to release Park Dara!! Are you Crazy?!! Has those thousands of laws messed with your brain?! YAH!! How could she have learned from her lesson?!! Did you not remember how she tried to get you so that you would no long be an innocent girl that Jiyong loves?! She wanted Jiyong to be disgusted by you and leave you!! And now she tried to set you on fire. And You Want To Release Her?!! You're Out Of Your Mind!!" Sunmi, mad, she scolded Sohee.

"Well. . . I don't know. . . She's the daughter of the president of a big company, it will give their company a bad reputation. . ." Sohee.

"SO?!! It's their company, not yours!!" Sunmi, she shouted back.

"But their company works with Jiyong's company. . . What if it create more trouble for Jiyong?" Sohee, she hesitatingly answered.

"PUH-LEASE!! Jiyong is the president of C&M, but they also have another big company that runs under his dad, not to mention that they also own Seoul High. They are the wealthiest beside the President of South Korea. Can't you for once put your own interest before someone else? After becoming a mom, you've gotten too nice!!" Sunmi, worried for Sohee, she shouted.

"Okay, okay. I'm sure nothing bad like that will happen again. Plus I'm an adult now, not a high school student. I can take care of myself. Don't worry my pretty-face princess. Rest at ease." Sohee, , she reassured her safety.

"As long as she leaves you alone. Alright then, I'll talk to you later. Got to go now. Byezz!" Sunmi.

Once the phone was call was over, the door bell rung.

Hurried over to open the door, Sohee was greeted with a surprise.

"Sohee, are you okay?! I saw the news. Are you hurt anywhere?" Nichkhun, with the face filled with worries, he grabbed onto Sohee with his clumsily bandaged hand and check on her.

"Nichkhun oppa!!" Sohee, she hugged him.

"Is your hand okay? You're living and working fine right? Are you still mad at me?" Sohee, worried and missed him, she asked nonstop.

"No, I'm not fine. For the past four days, I've been regretting my foolish decison to ever bring you and Ji Hoon back to Korea. Why did I do that? I should've know better not too---" Nichkhun.

"Don't Just Touch Her As You Please!" Jiyong, coming from behind, he pulled Sohee into him, and warned Nichkhun.

"Jiyong, it was me who---" Sohee, she tried to explain.

"Be quiet!" Jiyong, trigger by madness and jealousy, he tighten his arms around her.

Pissed, Nichkhun clenched his fist as he watches Jiyong freely putting his arms around Sohee; as he was never able to do so.

"What give you the right---?" Nichkhun.

"Being Ji Hoon's biological father give me all the right!" Jiyong, he answered straight back before Nichkhun was even able to finish his question.

Right then.

"KWON JIYONG!!" Dara, running in like a mad horse, she intruded the house with loud screaming.

Seeing Sohee in Jiyong's arms, without a word, she went over and pulled Sohee out.

"Don't let your dirty self touches his body!" Dara, she was so mad that her lips were shaking as she speaks.

"Let Go Of Her!! Under the Law of United States of America, article 10-3 states that invading into one's property without permission with an intention of harming someone is a crime that can result in fines and times behind bars." Nichkhun, he warned her.

"Bull!! Like I care about that ty laws of United States of America. Do I look like I live in America?! If I could I would kill her as many times over again!! I ain't scare of any of you!!" Dara, widening her eyes, she glares at Sohee.

"Killing me won't make Jiyong love you." Sohee.

"Instead of being aggressive and harm yourself, why don't we all sit down and have a talk?" Sohee, she suggested.

Sohee's words hit the reality check mark for Dara, realized the situation, she finally calmed herself down a little and agreed to talk it out.

In the living room, filled with heavy airs and serious silent, the four of them would just sit there and stare at each other as no one was speaking up.

"So what now? Are you going to divorce her or not?" Dara, she asked forcefully.

Suddenly.

"TWO people make up A Relationship. But SOME people just Doesn't know how to Count!" Ji Hoon, passing by, he purposely said it out loud as he was heading toward the fregirator for some milk.

"Even I can count from one to one hundred in both English and Korean. Tch, tch." Ji Hoon, he shake his head as he walks up the stairs, drinking his milk.

"That bratty kid. . ." Dara, she mumbles to herself, mugging at Ji Hoon.

"Watch your language! I don't care whether you like him or not. That is noway to talk to a kid. As an adult you should be a role model." Nichkhun.

"And who the HECK are you to Lecture me?! As far as I know, I'm older than ALL of you, so You Need to Respect Your Elder!!" Dara, she talked back.

"ENOUGH!!" Jiyong, pissed off with the loud argument, he shouted.

"Say what you have to say and leave our house for good! Don't come back! I can't guarantee anyone's safety when I'm pissed off." Jiyong, trying to stay calm, he warned them.

"Kick her and that kid out of your house!! Listen to your mom and marry me!" Dara, she demanded.

"I don't care if you have already slept with her or have a kid with her. You were a kid back then, and kid makes stupid mistake. I don't care, as long as you're with me!" Dara.

"Kwon Jiyong, your love can only bring her harms and suffers, can't you see? If you really do love her, let her go. I can give her a better life, a happier and much peaceful one. As long as Sohee can be with me, man to man, I promise you that I will take care and treat Ji Hoon just as my own son." Nichkhun, he offered.

"What am I to you people? Am I a toy? A toy that you can transfer back and forth? I am ME! And I will make my own decision, I don't need anyone to tell me what to do." Sohee.

"Park Dara, I really don't know what you see in me and why you're so crazily obsessed with me. . . but please stop. Please don't bother me anymore. You have ruined a very big part of my life already. Suffering for five years is enough already. Please go find someone else and leave me alone." Jiyong.

"Jiyong. . . How could you---??" Dara.

"Mr. Horvejkul, she is now MY wife and she is also the mother of my son. Because I am now a husband and a dad, I can't be the same reckless and violence gangster that I once was, therefore, it is Very hard for me to keep my cool and stay calm right now. . . I hope you can understand and stop provoking me. There are BILLIONS of Women out there on this earth, why must it be Sohee?!" Jiyong.

"I'm not here to talk to you, so back off!" Nichkhun, he stood up to Jiyong.

"I Told You Not To Provoke My Anger!" Jiyong, grinding his teeth, he warned Nichkhun once again.

"Oppa, please leave. I'll contact you sometime later. Please don't make him mad, please, I beg you." Sohee, standing in front of Jiyong, facing Nichkhun, she pleaded.

"Why are you ALWAYS siding with him??!! Nichkhun.

". . . Forget it!" Nichkhun, can't take it any longer, he angrily walked out of the house.

"Hello?! Am I invisible to you people?! Include me in your conversation too!! I SAID to---" Dara.

"Yah! Yah! Jiyong!! What are you doing?!" Dara, she shouted, struggling to stay inside the house as Jiyong pulled on her hand, leading her out the door.

"If you have a problem with finding a husband, go complain to your parents. Don't bother me." Jiyong, with those cold words, he shut the door in her face.

"Everyone is PISSING the out of ME!!" Jiyong, not even bother to look at Sohee, he angrily walked up stairs, go inside their room and loudly slammed the door.

"Mommy, what happened?! Why is Daddy so mad?" Ji Hoon, he ran up to Sohee as she walks up the stairs.

"Ji Hoon-ah, don't worry about it kay? Go to sleep." Sohee, she pats his head.

"But---!!" Ji Hoon.

"Ji Hoon, listen to Mommy, please." Sohee, she looks at him with tiredness in her eyes.

Suppressing his crazy curiosity, he stopped asking when he sees the exhausted look in Sohee's eyes.

"Alright, goodnight Mommy. I love you." Ji Hoon, he tiptoe and kissed Sohee's cheek, then went back inside his room, closed the door and went to sleep.

[Jiyong and Sohee's room]

Lightly, she opened the door. Careful with her steps, she walked over to the bed and sit down next to Jiyong who is laying with his eyes closed.

"Are you mad. . .?" Sohee, cautious with her words, she asked slowly in a quiet tone.

"Don't talk to me." Jiyong.

"So you are mad." Sohee, she concluded.

"How Can I Not Be?! Oppa, Oppa, Oppa!! Always calling him Oppa!! Oppa this, Oppa that!! Not once have you ever called me that!!" Jiyong, failed in hiding his jealousy, he busted it out in frustration while turning his body around with his back facing against her.

Sensing his green horns coming out, she quietly laughed to herself.

"I'm sorry. . ." Sohee, holding in her laughter, she touches him, shaking his body, trying to get a response from him.

Ignoring her touch, he continued on to play dead and sleep in.

"Yah. . . I said I'm sorry." Sohee, she touched him once again.

"Are you already asleep? I guess there is nothing I can do then. . . goodnight." Sohee, sighed, noticed his act, she played along.

"YAH!! I was just pretending!! Are you really just gonna go to sleep like that?!" Jiyong, heard her, he immediately pops up and talked to her.

"Ohh, I thought you were sleeping." Sohee, she continued on to play along.

"Are you really going to be like that?" Jiyong.

"Okay, I'm sorry. But you shouldn't be mad at me, cuz I have always been calling him Oppa since young. We're like brother and sister." Sohee, she explained.

"To you, he is an older brother. To HIM, you are someone he Wants for himself as a Lover, NOT a little sister. I'm a man, I can tell." Jiyong.

"I know." Sohee.

"You Know?! If you know then why are you still so close to him? You need to keep distance from him!" Jiyong.

"Why are you shouting at me in the middle of the night? I'm close to him because I know that I only see him as an older brother and nothing more than that. Plus, I'm not your legal wife and there is no real relationship between us anyway. Why are you so worked up for?" Sohee, she lay down, covered herself with the blanket and closed her eyes, going to sleep.

Watching Sohee going to sleep, he was not able to say a word back to her.

"I know. . . I know that you're only staying with me because I forced you too. . . Even if I have to force you to be with me, I just wanted to have you by my side. . . I know that the only thing that's holding us together is Ji Hoon . . . Even if that is the only reason why you agreed to live with me, whatever the reason is, as long as I can see you every morning when I wake up and be close to you, that's all that matters." Jiyong, he thought to himself in silent as he watches her sleeping face.

"I know that I Forced you to sign the agreement contract---!!" Jiyong.

"I didn't agree to live with you and be your public wife because of Ji Hoon. That's all you need to know." Sohee, she got up and covered his mouth with her hands, stopped him from any further speaking.

"Ji Hoon wasn't the reason?? What was the reason then?!! If it's not Ji Hoon, could it be Jiyong?!" Jiyong, brightening up, he smiled and ask her.

"I'm not telling you." Sohee, she lay back down and closed her eyes.

"You're really not going to tell me?" Jiyong.

"N.O.P.E.!" Sohee.

"You'll regret it." Jiyong, he warned her.

"There is no such word as Regret in Sohee's Dictionary." Sohee.

"You're really not going to tell me?! Still not gonna tell me?! I know your weak point. I know your body too well! Are you still not going to tell me?!" Jiyong, uncovered the blanket, picked her up, he flipped her over and started to tickle her waist.

"YAH! HAHAHA! YAAAAH!! Stop! Stop!! YAAH!! I'm tearing up!! Don't tickle me! Stop! Yah! HAHAHA!" Sohee, he tickled her so much that she started to tear up with laughter. 

"I know all of your ticklish parts, if you don't tell me, I won't let you sleep tonight. Even if I have to tickle you all night, I won't stop til you tell me!" Jiyong, despite her pleading, he continued to tickle her.

"FINE! FINE!! I'll Tell You! Now Stop Tickling Me!!" Sohee.

After a minute of calming herself down from the tickling drill, she begins to tell him the reason.

"I was planning to revenge you for your words. . . but I don't know what happened to it. I forgot about it the moment me and Ji Hoon started to live with you." Sohee.

"Revenge? Words? What words?!" Jiyong, confused, he asked for clarification.

"You, yourself know better than anyone what you've said. I'm not gonna repeat it because it will hurt my pride as a woman." Sohee, she answered with a serious face.

"But I really Don't Know what Words?!" Jiyong.

"I'm going to sleep. And Don't You Tickle Me, or I Will Just Sleep On The Floor." Sohee.

"Are you on your period?" Jiyong.

"WHAT?!!" Sohee, startled by his remarks, she got up and shouted at him.

"It's obvious that you are. . . So sensitive and easily provoked. . . Woman these days. . ." Jiyong, shake his head, he lay back down to sleep.

"YAAH!! I'm not on my period, but just seeing your face is enough to make me angry. You really are the most hateful person ever!" Sohee.

"Yeah, I'm the most hateful person yet you still gave birth to me a son. You sure hate me a lot." Jiyong, he smirked.

"YAH! That was because. . . Whatever, I'm not talking to you." Sohee.

"Call yourself a lawyer and you can't even win an argument with me. Tch, tch." Jiyong, he moves his finger side to side.

"Instead of yapping my mouth like you, I will be the bigger person and give in to you just like what father said." Sohee, inhaling her breaths, she slowly calmed herself down.

"The bigger person? Why are you calling yourself fat?" Jiyong, he stuck his tongue out as he teases her.

"You're CrayCray!! Whatves!! I'm not gonna waste my time talking to you anymore. Better get my beauty sleep!" Sohee, mad, she spoke in English.

"Why are you suddenly speaking English? You think I can't understand English?! The CEO of a big company like C&M doesn't speak English?! I can understand IT ALL!!" Jiyong, he runs his mouth off.

"By the way, what is CrayCray? And Whatves? Are those newly invented English words?" Jiyong.

"PUHAHA!! Yeah, thought so. You surely know your English. Haha." Sohee, she laughed it off, knowing that he doesn't know the American slang words.

"Are you making fun of me right now?! You dare to?! Just because you lived in America doesn't mean you're better in English then me!" Jiyong.

The two of them continued on to argue with each other deeper into the night and would slowly fall asleep later on.