Acceptance

You're Beautiful

Eunha's POV

Today is weekend and I don't have classes. I don't want to go outside cause this morning is just usual to me, nothing special. I am sitting on my bed holding the glass bottle. I am staring at the picture inside of it. I am trying my best in moving on but I still feel incomplete. I already accepted Seungwoo's death and stopped blaming myself in the accident but my heart is still feeling heavy until now. I don't know why I'm still feeling this way. I sighed and put down the bottle on the bedside desk. There's no point of regretting over and over again. Past is past and time can't bring anything or anyone back once it's already passed. I need to move on ,not just for myself but also for my family, my friends and for everyone who cares for me. I still feel trapped in my own little world. I lay down on my bed again and closed my eyes, hoping to fall asleep and escape from this world, dreams are way better than reality. The alarm clock suddenly rang. I sighed cause my mother set it this time so I won't just stay in my bed this weekend. I just cover my face with a pillow but the annoying sound of the clock irritates me. I didn't look as I reach for it in my bedside desk but my hand bump into something and before I realized it, I heard a smashing sound on the floor. I stood up quick and was surprised when I saw the shattered pieces of the glass bottle with the picture in the middle of it. I leaned down to get the picture but a glass shard pricked my finger. I saw blood coming out of my pricked finger but I don't care about the pain. I still picked the picture and looked at it with tears in my eyes. The bottle was given to me by Seungwoo with the picture inside of it, he wants me to take care of it but I failed. I failed protecting our dear memory. I burst out crying as I feel the pain in my heart again. The door suddenly open and I heard Sinb's voice.

"Eunha unnie? What happened?" She leaned down next to me and patted my back. I keep on crying cause tears comfort my heart. "Eunha unnie, your finger is bleeding. I will get the first aid kit."

"no, Sinb. Let me feel this pain. I need this, I deserve this. This is a wake up call for me. I need to wake up from my stupid dreams and live in this real world."

I said as I continue crying. Sinb sat beside me and embraced me tight. I let myself cry my heart out. I want to release all my emotions, all the pains in my heart, all of my regrets and everything that's keeping me from moving on.

_________________________

"are you okay, unnie? What happened?"

Sinb asked as she put a bandaid on my pricked finger. After I cried for I don't remember how many minutes, Sinb make me sit on my bed and treat my wound. I looked at the shattered pieces of glass on the floor.

"where's the picture?" I asked as I don't see the picture anywhere in the room. I am crying too hard a while ago that I didn't notice Sinb take that from me.

"I hide it so you will stop crying again. Tell me what happened. Are you okay?"

"yes, don't worry about me. I will clean the shattered glasses."I was about to stand when Sinb hold both of my hands stopping me from getting up. 

"I will do that. Just stay here and let me finish cleaning before you stand up. I don't want you to get pricked again." Sinb said and I just smiled at her before shaking my head.

"it's my fault why this happened. Let me clean my own mess, Sinb. I didn't take care of that bottle. I failed protecting it like how I failed everyone esp. Seungwoo. I'm such a mess, Sinb."

"unnie, stop blaming yourself. This is just an accident."

"no." I said as I looked straight in Sinb's eyes." This happened as a sign for me to breakfree. I need to stop living in the past. No matter how hard I try to fix that bottle, it will never come back in its own shape again and I have no choice but to buy a new one. It's hard to fix something broken that sometimes, we have no other choice but to change it to something new. That's what I need to do in my life. I need to stop living in the past and just face the new chapter of my life. A new chapter without Seungwoo in my life anymore."

Sinb smiled sweetly before hugging me tight again. I smiled and feeling grateful as I finally accepted everything happened between Seungwoo and I. I can finally start living my life again, thanks to the people who never leave my side and to that special someone who made me realize that the greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.

End of Eunha's POV