Just Friends

You're Beautiful

Yerin's POV

My class ended and I am now walking on the hallway when I saw Eunha walking to her locker. I smiled and run into her but stopped when I saw those loveletters burst out in her locker as she opened it. I know that she has a lot of admirers since we were in grade school and I can't help but glare to those guys looking at her right now with annoying smiles on their faces. I walked closer to Eunha and helped her pick up those trash. I am surprised when she put out a plastic bag inside her school bag and put all those loveletters inside.

"don't tell me you will read all those letters, Eunha?"

"why not? Sinb and I always burst out laughing as we read all of our loveletters."

My heart felt heavy hearing Sinb's name. We are still friends but there's a gap between us now. We are not close now like how we used to before. I know Eunha knows about our problem but she never forced Sinb and I to fix our problem.

"Sinb's classes will end later but I want to go home now, Yerin unnie."

Eunha said and I smiled at her. I am happy that she didn't act awkward with me after I confessed my feelings for her. Until now, she didn't say anything about my confession to her. I don't know if she just choose to forget about it so that our friendship won't be affected like what happened to Sinb and I but...I felt sad thinking that we will just stay friends. Sometimes, the heart can't afford to be just friends.

"is this a date, Yerin unnie?"

I blushed then looked at Eunha. I asked her to eat in a fastfood restaurant before we go home and she say yes. Now, we're both eating our meal facing each others in one table. She just smiled at me and took a bite of her regular- sized burger.

"can we considered this as one?"

I asked her trying to hide the blushed on my face. I don't want to assume anything but after the day she told me that Yuju will never come back in our life again, I try my best to do everything for her. She never mention if she is finally giving me a chance but I'm happy that she never reject my offers to be with her anytime.

"Eunha, my feelings for you never changed. I am still in love with you and I hope...you can finally give me a chance."

Eunha stopped sipping in her drink and looked out of the glass wall. Her eyes looks so sad and lost again. She's not depressed unlike before that she will always stay in her room, go to the riverbank and cry all day. After the day that Yuju never come back in our lives again, Eunha is doing her best to live normally again. She will always ask Sinb or I to accompany her anywhere like she wants something to do everyday so she won't feel alone and sad again. I am happy that she's improving but I want her to finally move on. I hold one of her hand that is on the top of the table, I want her to feel that I will always be here for her.

"it's okay, Eunha. Just take your time. I know that your heart hasn't healed yet but I want you to know that I will do everything to fix you. I love you, Eunha." Eunha looked at me and forced a smile. My heart hurt realizing that I'm still just a friend for her. I hope I can finally have your heart, Jung Eunbi.

"I'm sorry, Yerin unnie."

"sorry? For what?"

"I'm sorry cause...I tried to give you a chance but...I can't love you more than friends. I'm sorry."

My heart broke into a million pieces again after hearing those words from her. I let go of her hand and looked away from her. Why is it so hard for her to love me?

"I'm sorry but...let's just remain as friends, please? I tried but...I can't love you the way you want me to. I even choose to give you a chance over Yuju cause you're my close friend but...it's too late."

"w-what do you mean it's too late?" I asked looking back at her. I felt the tears rolling down my eyes. Eunha looked at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry but I realized that...it was Yuju who already has a special place inside my heart. I realized that...I fell in love with her without my knowing."

What?! How can she choose Yuju over me? Yuju is just a passerby in her life unlike me who's her close friend since we were a child. Why is it so hard for her to fall in love with me?

"Yerin unnie, stop crying. I know that you deserve someone else, someone who can really give you the love that you deserve. I'm so sorry if that someone will never be me."

"no, Eunha. You can be that someone if you will just open your eyes. Why can't you see that I can love you better than anyone? I can do everything for you. Why are you doing this to me? You did nothing but break my heart."

I burst out crying ignoring the stares of other customers at me. Eunha stand up and hugged me tight.

"I'm sorry, Yerin unnie. I want to give you a chance but...it will be more unfair if I will just accept your love out of pity. I don't want to hurt you even more that's why I'm being honest to you. I'm so sorry. "

"is it really hard to love me? Why can't you?"

"you are lovable, Yerin unnie but...I can't love you the way you want me to. I can only treat you as one of my bestfriends, my unnie and my family. I'm so sorry. Just give Sinb a chance. She's still hoping for your love, Yerin unnie."

I hugged Eunha tightly. I don't want to let her go. It breaks my heart knowing that we will just remain as friends. I keep on praying that she'll be mine someday but sadly, she pick someone else over me.

End of Yerin's POV

-------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I'm sorry for making Yerin's character suffered a lot in this story. I just need to do this so that she will finally realize that Eunha is not the right one for her. Only a few chapters left for this story. Thanks for reading my fic.