Hope

You're Beautiful

Umji's POV

It's been a week since the night that I slept in Sowon unnie and Yuju unnie's house. I know that Yuju unnie and Eunha unnie are already over, I am not sure if they really became lovers but I know that Yuju unnie is in love with Eunha unnie until now. But there's one thing that keeps running on my mind after that sleepover and it is the words Sowon unnie sleeptalked that night.

"what's wrong, Umji-yah? Do you feel bored?" Sowon unnie asked as she noticed me spacing out. We are inside Sowon unnie's office in her restaurant, she asked me to accompany her inside so that she won't feel bored but I just spaced out here.

"yes, Sowon unnie. Don't worry about me."

"How can I not worry about you? You are special to me, Umji." Sowon unnie said sweetly and she smiled at me. I felt a weird feeling in my heart, what's going on? It is the same feeling I felt when I heard her sleeptalk last time. "tell me, Umji. What's wrong?"

I looked away at Sowon unnie. I don't know what to say. What if I am just assuming things? She might laugh at me if I told her that I think, she has a special feelings for me. I heard the noise Sowon unnie make as she stand up from her chair and walked closer to me. My heart is beating fast as she sat next to me.

"what's wrong, Umji?"

"no-nothing, Sowon unnie. Don't worry, I'm fine."

"Umji, we've been friends for so long and I know you enough. I can see in your eyes that there's something worrying you. Tell me about it. I will do my best to help you." Sowon unnie said as she looked straight into my eyes. She has that motherly aura making me feel comfortable whenever I'm with her. I smiled at her, there's nothing wrong if I will ask her about that night.

"I...I heard you talking in your sleep the night that I slept in your room. You said that...you like me." I saw a surprised look on Sowon unnie's face and she looks nervous. But she smiled at me making the awkward atmosphere gone. "you even mention my feelings for Yuju unnie and you feel bad for it. What does it mean, Sowon unnie? You even said that you want me to give you a chance. A chance for what?"

Sowon unnie looked away and scratch her head awkwardly. I smiled cause she looks so cute in her reaction. She looked at me seriously and my heart almost dropped because of her stare. Why am I feeling this way?

"I'm sorry for keeping this feelings for you, Umji. "

"w-what? Why are you sorry? What feelings?" I asked her nervously.

"I...I like you, Umji. I like you more than friends." Sowon unnie said making me speechless. I don't know what to say. Did she just confessed her feelings for me? "Don't worry, I won't force you to accept my feelings now. I know you're too innocent for this and I'm willing to wait for you. I just want you to know that I have a special feelings for you. I hope, our closeness won't change after this, Umji."

Sowon unnie said and I just nodded at her. I am shocked in her confession but I don't want our friendship to be affected by this. I am confused right now but all I know is I am happy to be always next to you, Sowon unnie.

End of Umji's POV

__________________

Two Months Later....

Yuju entered her house and plopped down on the sofa. The school days which started last month is giving her some distractions so she won't always think about the girl who left her broken hearted. Yuju sighed and closed her eyes, she wants to stop thinking about Eunha's pretty face but she's still not over her.

"Yuju, you're finally home. Let's go and eat dinner. I cooked your favorite food."

Yuju opened her eyes and smiled as she saw Sowon standing in front of her with a motherly smile for her. She is happy that Sowon and Umji are always there for her and will never leave her side.

"yes, Sowon unnie. Thank you."

"you don't have to thank me, Yuju-baby. I love you that's why I'm taking good care of you. Let's go."

Yuju's heart hurt again as she remembered Eunha once more. How she wish that Eunha will say the words 'I Love You' to her too but it will only happen in her sweet dreams. Sowon take Yuju's hand and they go to the dinning room together. They eat, chat and have fun together in their simple yet special dinner. Yuju is doing some assignments in her laptop. She always make herself tired before she go to bed so that she can sleep easily and won't think about Eunha. Yuju sighed as she shut down her laptop and lay down on her bed. She can't stop herself remembering her sweet and annoying moments with Eunha. She smiled as she remembered Eunha's death glares, her cold but sometimes sweet voice, her childish behaviors and all about her. Yuju shooked her head and sighed heavily.

"You are really a special person, Jung Eunbi. You can make me smile and cry at the same time. Thinking about you can give both happiness and sadness in my heart."

"that's because you fell deeply in love with her, Choi Yuju."

Yuju got shocked when she heard a familiar voice. She sat up and was surprised when she saw Seungwoo's spirit sitting at the corner of her bed. It's been a long time since the last time she saw him and she had a lot of questions for him.

"Seungwoo? Where have you been? What happened to you?"

Seungwoo smiled at Yuju's surprised face. He knows that Yuju has a lot of questions for him and he knows that most of it is about Eunha.

"I'm sorry if I've been gone for so long. I am happy that you missed me, Yuju."

Yuju saw the glow in Seungwoo's spirit and his eyes look so happy.

"of course, I missed you cause you're my friend. I am happy to have a ghost friend like you."

Yuju smiled but felt guilt in her heart. She knows that Seungwoo asked for her help to help Eunha move on so that his spirit can finally go to his destination but she failed and just fell in love with Seungwoo's girlfriend. Seungwoo saw the guilt in Yuju's eyes and he just smiled at her.

"don't feel guilty, Yuju. You helped my spirit and I am so thankful to you. Thanks for helping a spirit like me."

"but...I failed. I failed the mission you gave to me. Eunha is still depressed and can't stop blaming herself in your death when I walked away out of her life. I don't know if I really help her even just a little." Yuju looked down feeling sad. She knows that she never fixed Eunha's broken heart. She tried but failed a lot of times.

"that's not true, Yuju. You know what, I think I can finally go to my destination now. The strong attachment of Eunha to me is about to weak soon. I can feel it cause my spirit can go to any place I want now unlike before that I can only go to places not too far enough from Eunha's place. The invisible string that connects the two of us is finally getting loose. I know that string is about to break soon."

Yuju was surprised in what Seungwoo said. She felt happy that Seungwoo spirit can finally go to it's destination and Eunha can finally move on. She smiled bitterly thinking about the fact that Eunha's heart can finally heal without her.

"I am happy for you, Seungwoo and for...Eunha. I wish you two can finally be free again in this cruel world. Yerin unnie and Sinb did a good job helping Eunha moved on."

"yes but you are the one who helped Eunha the most. You opened her heart again, Yuju."

Yuju got shocked in what Seungwoo said. Is that true? Yuju just laughed bitterly thinking about it. There's no way that she opened the locked heart of Eunha. That girl never loved her back and just stay hopelessly in love with Seungwoo. Maybe, it was Yerin who opened Eunha's heart again and not her.

"that's not true, Seungwoo. I never opened the locked heart of 'your' girl. She never loved me back and just stay in love with you."

"not really. If you can't believe it, see it for yourself. Go to Eunha and talk to her again. She misses you, Yuju, almost everyday."

"stop fooling me, Seungwoo. I know that she's not in love with me. Wait, why are you talking about my feelings for Eunha? Is it fine for you that I fell in love with your girlfriend?"

Seungwoo smiled at Yuju. He accepted his death already before and the fact that he's not the one fated for Eunha. He wants her to do the same but Eunha is a stubborn girl making Seungwoo's spirit trapped in this world for a long time. He wants her to move on and love again so he can finally leave this world with a smile.

"I am already dead, Yuju. Since I died, Eunha is already free and available for a new love. She just don't want to open her heart again and it hurts me. I accepted the fact that we're not meant for each others and wanted her to find new love again. I am happy that she's in love again now, Yuju."

"s-she's in love again now? Is it with...Yerin unnie?"

Yuju asked nervously. She was silently hoping that it was really her who opened Eunha's heart again but it was too good to be true. She knows that there's no way for her to get Eunha's heart.

"uhm...I won't answer your question, Yuju. Just see it for yourself. Go to Eunha and talk to her. You need to go back in her life again, Yuju. You're the missing piece in her puzzle."

Yuju frowned in what Seungwoo said. Seungwoo just smiled and said goodbye before fading into the air. Yuju was left confused. She wants to ask Seungwoo a lot of questions esp. about the things he said tonight about Eunha. Is there really a possibility that Eunha is in love with her now? Yuju wants to know the truth but she can't go to Eunha again. After their last talk near the river, Yuju told herself to obey Eunha's words. She really walked out of Eunha's life and never come back again. Yuju felt that she doesn't have the right to go against Eunha's last wish to her. If Eunha really loves her now, she should be the one to talk to Yuju and ask her to come back in her life again. Yuju just lay down on her bed with tears rolling down her eyes. She's praying that Seungwoo is right in everything he said and Eunha really loves her now.