Chances

You're Beautiful

Yerin's POV

I am sitting on the riverbank looking at the horizon. I went here to watch the sunset and to clear off my mind. A few days passed since the talked I had with Sana in our school campus and her words made me think of Sinb and Eunha's worth to me.

Flashback

"so Eunha already told you that she can't love you back and she just wants to stay friends with you. I'm sorry to hear that."

I smiled bitterly as I looked down. We are on the campus sitting in a waiting bench. Sana is my classmate in two subjects and she's a close friend of Eunha. We are same aged friends but I can always count on her for advices.

"it's okay, Yerin. If you really love Eunha, you won't force her to love you back. She really cares for you that she choose to give you a chance and not Yuju, the one who owns her heart now."

That fact is making me more bitter and sad. How can she fall in love with Yuju and not me? We've been friends for so long and she knows me enough but she still choose to fall in love with Yuju that's just a passerby in our lives.

"stop living in regret, Yerin. Love is not selfish so you have to accept Eunha's decision. If you really love her, respect her decision to just stay friends with you. Maybe, she's not really the one meant for you."

I sighed and looked at Sana. She is right but it's still hard for me to accept everything. I know that I can't get over with Eunha so easily.

"why don't you open your heart for someone else? See what happened to Eunha, she keeps on closing her heart thinking that Seungwoo is still the only one who owns her heart and she can't move on. But when she accept the truth that Seungwoo's already gone and let Yuju enter her heart, she changed a lot. I can't tell that she's already healed but...she can finally smile, laugh and love again. Do that too Yerin. Love can change everything."

I think about what she said and I remember Sinb. I missed her cause after she confessed to me, we already had a gap and we're always awkward with each others. I want us to smile, laugh and fool around again. I smiled as I remember that funny dongsaeng of mine.

End of Flashback

After that talk, I don't know why I am always thinking about Sinb. I realized that she's boyish but acts feminine sometimes. She's pretty and I am happy to be always next to her. I realized that I am missing her like crazy but just ignore this feeling because of Eunha. I became selfish as I only think of my own feelings. I felt presence of someone at the back of me so I looked around and was surprised when I saw Sinb standing few inches away from me. My heart started beating fast as I saw her pretty face again.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you, Yerin unnie. I just thought Eunha unnie is here that's why I came here. I have to go."

She turned her back on me and walked a few steps and before she become more far away from me, I called her and she stopped stepping forward.

"Sinb. Can you... join me?The sun is about to set soon. Can we watch the sunset together? "

I asked hoping that she'll say yes. I heard her sigh before facing back at me. She didn't say anything but just walked closer to me. She sat down a few inches away from me. I sighed cause we're still acting strange with each others. I looked at the sky and just watch the sun slowly hide itself in the horizon. We silently watched the sunset. My heart is feeling heavy because Sinb keeps ignoring me. I want us to smile, laugh and fool around again.

"I have to go, Yerin. Good evening."

I heard Sinb said and she stand up. I know that she's hurting inside cause I love Eunha and not her but I'm hurting also because of her. I heard her footsteps walking away from me so I stand up and ran after her. She looked surprised when I hold one of her hand stopping her from moving forward. We looked straight in each others eyes and I can't help myself, I hugged her tight.

"I'm sorry, Sinb. I really missed you." I said sincerely. I honestly missed her, she's my close friend and she's special to me. I felt her hands on my back and I smiled cause she hugged me back. We hugged each others for a few minutes until she freed herself from my arms.

"I...I missed you too, Yerin unnie and...I'm sorry for avoiding you. I'm so sorry."

Sinb said with tears rolling down her eyes. I smiled and wiped her tears away.

"it's okay.I'm not mad at you, Sinb. No matter what happened, you will always be special to me."

"yeah...special. Special close friend."

Sinb said in a hurt tone. I know she's still in love with me. I don't want to hurt her even more that's why I need to be honest with her.

"did Eunha told you that...she didn't accept my feelings for her?" I said trying to hide the pain in my heart. I'm still not over Eunha yet but I'm trying my best to accept her decision. I love Eunha that I am willing to sacrifice everything for her even my own feelings. All I want is for her to be happy again.

"yes and...I'm sorry."

"sorry? For what?"

"Eunha unnie knows about my feelings for you. I am not saying that she choose not to fall in love with you because of me but...I can't help myself thinking that way."

Sinb said feeling guilty. I smiled bitterly. Sinb maybe right or not, Eunha is such a hard one to read. She's quiet type but will always give witty remarks. I even wondered if she noticed my feelings for her before but just choose to ignore it for our friendship's sake.

"don't blame yourself, Sinb. Eunha choose to just stay friends with me not because of you but because...she realized that Yuju had a special place in her heart now, too bad she realized it too late."

I smiled bitterly. I will still feel hurt as I remember Eunha's words to me in our last date. I can't help but feel envious of Yuju cause she got the girl of my dreams. I felt Sinb's hand wiping my tears. I didn't even realized that my tears are already flowing down my eyes.

"stop crying, Yerin unnie. Everything's happen for a reason. Maybe...Eunha unnie is not really the one meant for you. Just accept it and be happy again. Life is full of surprises."

I smiled and nodded at her. We stared on each others eyes for a few seconds until Sinb looked away from me with a blush on her face.

"I guess I'm too pretty for you to handle, Sinb. You're blushing because of me, right?"

"what? You're so full of yourself, Yerin unnie. I'm not blushing." Sinb denied but her face tells everything.

"don't deny it, Sinb. I know you're still in love with me." I said smiling but Sinb looks sad. She avoid my stares again and she looks uncomfortable. I sighed heavily cause the awkward atmosphere enveloped us again.

"so what if I'm still in love with you? You will never loved me back. I'm just a close friend and a younger brother for you, Yerin unnie." Sinb said not looking at me. I feel bad as I saw her hurting because of me.

"so...you've given up on me easily, Hwang Eunbi." I said looking at her. I don't know why I feel sad thinking that Sinb won't fight her feelings for me anymore.

"of course not! I...I am still in love with you, Yerin unnie." Sinb said looking back at me. I saw the confident Sinb infront of me again and I can't help but smile. "but...I won't force you to love me back, Yerin unnie. Don't worry."

"it's okay, Sinb. I know that I'm still not over Eunha but I won't force myself to her anymore. I want her to be happy again and I know that Yuju is the only one who can really make her happy and not me. I will just accept that we're just friends and pray for that someone meant for me to finally came into my life."

"or...open your heart again? New love can heal your broken heart, Yerin unnie."Sinb said looking straight into my eyes. I smiled cause she really cares for me.

"I'm still trying my best to move on and get over Eunha. I know it will takes time but...I will just get used to it. Don't worry about me, Sinb."

"of course I'm worried for you, Yerin unnie. Ah...can I help you?"

"help? Help me in what?"

"help you in moving on. I will help you get over with Eunha unnie. Is it okay with you, Yerin unnie? Can I help in fixing your broken heart?"

Sinb said with a wide smile. The confident Sinb is really back and using her girl crush charm on me. I smiled and nodded at her.

"okay but...just be gentle with me. I won't promise to love you back, Sinb. Don't assume too much." I said half joking made Sinb pout. I chuckled.

"fine. At least, you will give me a chance. Don't worry, I will be smooth to you, Yerin unnie. I will take care of your heart."

Sinb said dramatically making me punch her on the arm jokingly. We just laughed and I felt happy. The burden in my heart lessen, I just hope that I can finally get over Eunha soon. Maybe, Sinb can really help me move on and I hope, this time, I can finally get the love that I deserve.

End of Yerin's POV

-------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Sweet Chapter for SinRin! They both deserve to be happy esp. Yerin who suffered a lot for loving Eunha in this story. Thanks for reading my story. Stay tuned for more updates.