Bestfriends

You're Beautiful

Sinb's POV

I noticed that Yerin unnie is not visiting Eunha unnie anymore. Even in the school, Yerin unnie will just try to avoid Eunha unnie and I. I know she's still awkward with me but I can't understand why she will acts the same to Eunha unnie. I thought she's already courting my bestfriend.

"Eunha unnie, what's wrong with Yerin unnie? Is she avoiding us?"

I asked Eunha unnie who is busy reading her notes. We're inside her bedroom and studying. Eunha unnie is good in class, thanks for Seungwoo oppa's effort in tutoring her and now, I am the one Eunha unnie is helping in school. Eunha unnie is just too focus in the book she's reading and she ignored me.

"yah, Eunha unnie! Can you hear me?"

"stop being loud, Hwang Eunbi and just focus in studying."

"but it's too boring. Let's talk about Yerin unnie and you. Are you two already dating?"

"yes and we are now lovers, Sinb."

Eunha unnie said making my heart break. I want to be happy for them but deep inside, I'm dying. I looked at Eunha unnie and she is using her pokerface again.

"congratulations for the both of you, Eunha unnie. I wish for your happiness."

"is that true? I know you are still in love with Yerin unnie. You won't do anything to break us apart, right?"

"o-of course not! I will never do that. You two are both my friends and all I wish is your happiness esp. you, Eunha unnie. I'm happy that you open your heart again."

"what? I'm not a surgeon to open my heart and why would I do that?"

I rolled my eyes in Eunha unnie's corny joke. She looked straight into my eyes and I know that she's reading me. I hate that Eunha unnie is so good in reading me.

"you're not really happy, Sinb. If you will tell me to break up with Yerin unnie, I will do it for you."

"yah! Don't ever do that. If you hurt Yerin unnie, I will beat you up, Eunha unnie." I said glaring at her. Of course, I will never beat her up cause she's older than me. I saw Eunha unnie smirked.

"then beat me now, Sinb. I already hurt Yerin unnie's feelings and I broke her heart countless times." Eunha unnie said with a smirk but I can see guilt in her eyes.

"stop being annoying, Eunha unnie and just love Yerin unnie with all of your heart."

"don't worry, I will always make her happy everynight." Everynight? I blushed then glared at Eunha unnie who just burst out laughing. This unnie, I thought she's innocent. "yah, I told you to stop being annoying, childish unnie."

"okay, I will stop fooling around but...let me tell you something."

"what is it, Eunha unnie?" Eunha unnie sighed heavily and she looks guilty. She looked at me with her sad eyes.

"I'm sorry for lying a while ago."

"what? I don't understand."

"Yerin unnie and I, we're not really an item. I even dumped her that's why she's avoiding the two of us."

My eyes widen and I stand up grabbing Eunha unnie's collar but she moved back and lost her balance making us both fall down. The door open and Eunha unnie's mom entered with food tray in her hands. Her eyes widen as she saw Eunha unnie on the floor with me on top of her.

"wow, I never expect to witness you in this kind of intimate moment.I just came to give you this. Enjoy!" Eunha's mom said as she put the tray on top of the bedside table and left. I blushed cause she misunderstood our position. 

"are you enjoying being on top of me, Hwang Eunbi?" I glared at Eunha unnie who just looked at me with her boring stare.

"yah, how could you fool me? And how could you dump Yerin unnie? Are you really stupid, Jung Eunbi?" I said looking straight in her eyes. I am happy that she and Yerin unnie are not really lovers now but I'm also get mad that she fooled me and dumped the girl of my dreams.

"can't you scold me while we're sitting down? Our position is too awkward for me, you know?"

I sat up and she extended her arm to me, I helped her up and we both sat down next to each others. An awkward silence enveloped as before Eunha unnie spoke.

"I'm sorry for fooling you. I just want to see your reaction if Yerin unnie and I became lovers and you know what? I hate it. I don't like to see the pain in your eyes while I am happy with someone else." Eunha unnie said seriously. My heart felt happy that she cares a lot for me but I don't want her to be selfless just for me.

"what do you mean? Did you stop yourself falling in love with Yerin unnie because of me? " I asked Eunha unnie. I know we're bestfriends but I can't accept if she will choose me over her own happiness. I will feel bad too cause Yerin unnie can't get the love she wants because of me.

"no, Sinb. It's not your fault that I can't find myself falling in love with Yerin unnie. I even choose to give her a chance and not Yuju because she's my dear friend but...I can't really fall in love with her." Eunha unnie said sadly and I understand her. Our heart has a mind of its own and we can't force ourselves to love people when our heart told us not to. Like me, I want to stop falling in love with Yerin unnie but I can't. She's still the one inside my heart.

"I understand you unnie but...why can't you fall in love with Yerin unnie? Is it still because of Seungwoo oppa? Are you still not over him?" Eunha unnie smiled bitterly. A few seconds passed before she talked again. I can still see pain in her eyes and I realized that Eunha unnie's broken heart hasn't fully healed yet.

"it's not because of Seungwoo. I already accepted the fact that he's already gone and we're not fated for each others."

"then...what's stopping you from falling in love again?" I asked Eunha unnie curiously. I really want her to finally be happy and stop thinking about the past.

"I know it's too late now for us."

Eunha unnie said sadly making me more curious. Us? Who is the other one she's talking about?

"are you...in love with someone else now, Eunha unnie?" I asked Eunha unnie and she didn't looked at me. Silence enveloped us again and I sighed as I realize that she won't say anything about this topic again. "fine. If you don't want to talk about it, let's go back to studying."

"I will never be whole until someone filled the space Seungwoo left inside my heart. I am not sure if I am already in love with her but...I can't stop thinking about her. I can't give my heart to Yerin unnie because of her."

I looked at Eunha unnie who's spacing out with a smile on her face. I think and smiled from ear to ear as realization struck me. It's my pleasure to be Cupid Sinb once more.

End of Sinb's POV