JiCheol's Dumpster #14

(BxB) Seventeen's Dumpster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]"Dad, I saw mom." | Finale[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Setting: Normal adult AU || Notes: I still think this is a messy plus weird plot. More explanation in A/N. Enjoy~[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Mom.” Hansol sat down in front of Jihoon. Chan took the place beside Hansol. Jihoon smiled to see his two boys.

“How are you two today?” Jihoon asked. Hansol and Chan looked at each other.

“Fine, school is kinda but we’re holding up well.” Chan said as he turned to Jihoon with a smile. Jihoon smiled back.

“That’s my boy.” Chan grinned. Hansol just looked down at his fingers. Jihoon noticed and smiled lightly. “I’m talking about you two.” Hansol looked up. Jihoon gave a smile. “Now, order something.” The two boys nodded. This is not the first time Chan took Hansol with him after school ends to sit and have meals with Jihoon. Hansol had few times refusing because he’s not ready but Chan managed to get him eventually and Jihoon didn’t mind. Hansol felt bad for meeting Jihoon when his dad can’t, feel like he was betraying his beloved dad. He couldn’t bring up the topic when Seungcheol wasn’t even snap out from his solemn state since the day they met Jihoon even right now, it’s already half a year that day happened.

Chan put the ham in Hansol’s plate. Hansol turned to Chan. “You like it, hyung.” Hansol just smiled. He and Chan were getting like a normal sibling would be. They had nothing against each other and Chan decided to call Hansol ‘hyung’ when he wrapped around the idea that Hansol is his elder twin. His mom didn’t tell him anything on their way home that day. The boy didn’t have the heart to ask anyway when he saw how his mom looked that night after he came home from work. So he asked Hansol the next day, the elder twin told him everything he knew from his dad. Chan didn’t blame Seungcheol after he heard the truth but he didn’t want to meet Seungcheol yet. Hansol understood and the two continued being friend that soon Chan acknowledged Hansol as his twin.

Jihoon watched the twins of his talking about school stuffs; Chan was being the lead in the conversation. He just smiled knowing his younger son is such a babbler and talkative. He ate his meal while occasionally looking at the boys. “Mom.” Chan called. Jihoon looked at Chan.

“Yes?”

“Can we go out this weekend?” Jihoon looked at them.

“Where?”

“Let’s go for a movie.” Jihoon nodded.

“Anything for both of you.” Jihoon looked at Hansol. “Do you need me to pick you up, Hansolie?” Hansol smiled.

“Dad will be home, it’s okay if you fetch me at the subway station.” Jihoon nodded curtly after remembering the mentioned male. Chan noticed but didn’t say anything. They continued the meal with other topics.

 

 

“Mom.” Chan called on their way home. Jihoon hummed and glanced at his son. “Can I ask you something?” Jihoon nodded.

“Just ask, Chan. I have sensed you have a question since we drop your hyung at the bus station.” Chan bit his lips.

“Why you hate… him so much?” Chan turned to his mom. Jihoon had a blank face but Chan noticed how the grip on the steering wheel became tighter.

“Why you ask so suddenly, Chan?” Chan exhaled.

“You never told me, and I’m curious.” Chan said casually, pretending that he didn’t know the story. He actually wanted his parents to make up so he can live with both of his parents. He always dreaded to have a father. Since young after he learnt talking and understands the meaning of family with his young mind, he always asked about his father to his mom but Jihoon always turned away the topic. He would make Chan preoccupied with other things when Chan started to ask about his father. But at the age of 9, Chan stopped asking when once he caught his mom cried after he threw tantrum asking for his father. He wanted a father, yes, but he didn’t like seeing his mom cried. So the question about his father was buried along the time he grew up.

“I hate him for not trusting me.” Jihoon’s sudden word caught Chan back to the reality. He turned to his mom. “Let’s not talk about it, Chan. I don’t like to talk about him.” Chan nodded.

“But mom… would you allow me to meet him if I want?” Jihoon looked at Chan for a good second before biting his lips as he focused on the road.

“I- I, Chan-”

“Mom, I won’t leave you if that’s what you’re scared of.” Chan said. Jihoon turned to his son for a while, smiling.

“Please… I can’t lose you. I don’t care if all people in this world won’t trust and leave me, but not you.” Jihoon reached to hold his son’s hand. Chan smiled.

“I won’t mom; I will be with you as long as I’m breathing. I love you, mom.” Chan tightened the hold. Jihoon smiled softly.

“Thank you, I love you too my baby Chanie.”

“Tomorrow, can I visit him?” Jihoon took a breath.

“Tell me if you’re going every time so I don’t go panic when you’re not with me.” Chan nodded and linked their pinky.

“I pinky promise you.”

 

 

“How are you, dad?” Hansol sat down on the chair beside the bed. Seungcheol curved a smile.

“So and so. I feel a bit better than yesterday.” Hansol nodded.

“That’s all I need.” Seungcheol reached to ruffle Hansol’s hair.

“How’s school?”

“Bearable. We’re having midterms soon.” Seungcheol nodded. “Uncle Joshua came?”

“He made his rounds and stayed few minutes with me talking.”

“Anything?”

“Nope, he said I’m doing fine.”

“Dad, I really hope you can take care of yourself better. We don’t want it to relapse.” Hansol sighed. Seungcheol patted the bed and Hansol got up, sitting on the bed. Seungcheol moved carefully to hug Hansol, didn’t want to feel pain from the needle.

“I’m sorry for making you worried, son. I will do better.”

“You better be. It killed me two years ago when you’re admitted and doctor told me about your stomach cancer. We’re lucky when you survived the surgery and get it removed. You’re getting better, I’m so thankful. But when the symptoms came back recently and uncle broke the news it might relapse and you need a constant treatment to fight it, I’m afraid this time we won’t be so lucky.”

“I’m sorry, son. I’m sorry for neglecting my health.” Hansol shook his head.

“I should be sorry. I shouldn’t ask you to meet mom. It started from there, you kept falling sick.” Seungcheol loosened the hug.

“No, it wasn’t that.” Hansol exhaled.

“Dad, I’m not that oblivious boy. I know and I saw things. I thought- mom would at least listen.” Seungcheol smiled softly.

“Your mom is the most stubborn person I ever met.” Hansol looked at his dad. “I hurt him, Hansolie. I understand that.”

“Dad, please get healthy again.” Seungcheol nodded.

“I’m sorry for being so lost these past months.” Hansol shook his head. ‘Any divinity that could hear me, please, I’m begging you sincerely, don’t take my dad yet.’

 

 

“What?” Chan blinked. Hansol bit his lips. “No, wait. Why you never tell me? When did he was admitted?” Chan asked in urgency. They’re in the recess time and Chan mentioned to Hansol about wanting to meet Seungcheol and he had asked Jihoon’s permission. Hansol exhaled.

“I- I thought you didn’t want to know… I thought you hate him.” Chan exhaled.

“No, I don’t really. Maybe a little because he made mom cried but it’s not like I don’t want to know anything about him.” Chan sighed. “If I hate him so much, I won’t acknowledge you as my twin and let you meet mom. I remember mom said that you made him reminded of dad and mom had been in pain because of dad, why would I let you meet mom when you might make mom in pain as well?” Hansol bit his lips.

“I shouldn’t meet mom…”

“Hey, no that’s not what I mean. In fact, I’m the one who pulls you to meet him every time, right? Anyway, don’t ever keep anything from me about dad.” Hansol nodded.

“Okay, I’m sorry Chan.” Chan shook his head.

“Tell me everything.” Hansol nodded and told Chan about their dad’s cancer and recent health. “Is he fine?”

“Uncle Joshua, his doctor said he’s still in good state. There’s no real sign of the cancer had relapsed in each examination. It’s just the similar symptoms came and he was admitted to hospital a week ago to make a full and thorough examination while they can watch on dad’s daily health.” Chan exhaled.

“Mom should know this-”

“No, dad didn’t want him to know.”

“Why?” Hansol shook his head.

“No, please. Don’t tell him Chan.” Chan wrinkled but nodded anyway.

 

 

“Dad.” Seungcheol turned and smiled when he saw Hansol at the door. Someone came inside after Hansol and Seungcheol blinked. “I- eum, Chan asked to meet you and I have to tell him.”

“Did you-”

“No, I ask him not to tell mom.” Seungcheol nodded. Chan was coming closer to the bed.

“Hi, Chan. I’m sorry you have to see me in this state.” Chan shook his head. Seungcheol startled when Chan suddenly hugged him.

“I’m sorry. I should come earlier to see you… but I don’t want to come without mom knowing. It takes me a while to ask him.” Seungcheol patted Chan’s back.

“It’s alright.” Hansol just smiled as his eyes met Seungcheol’s.

“Dad.” Seungcheol stiffened. Chan loosened the hug. “Dad.” Seungcheol had his eyes watered. Chan just smiled lightly.

“Oh my god, Chan.” Chan just chuckled and reached to wipe the man’s tears. Hansol wiped his own tears. “Chan, my baby son.” Chan just giggled when Seungcheol hugged him. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

“I’m fine, dad. I don’t blame you, or hate you. You’re my dad and I’m happy I still have dad, alive.” Chan patted Seungcheol’s back. “So please dad, don’t get sick.” Seungcheol nodded, sniffling in his son’s shoulder. Chan turned a bit and beckoned Hansol to come. Seungcheol noticed and opened his arm for his elder son. Hansol beamed and hugged them.

“I will, I promise both of you I will never get sick again. I love you two. I love you.” Seungcheol said in his sobs and the two boys just nodded, tightly holding each other.

 

 

“You’re getting better.” Joshua flipped through the paper and looked up to Seungcheol. “This is good. You need to take a good care on your health; a wrong step may get you back to unfortunate case.” Seungcheol nodded.

“I know. I’m sorry. I won’t let it happen again. I need to live longer for my sons.” Joshua smiled.

“That’s good. You will be discharged this evening but I still need you to come once in two weeks for check-ups before we could conclude strongly that you’re free from relapse.” Seungcheol nodded.

“Thanks Josh, you’re helping me a lot.” Joshua smiled.

“I have known you since college; of course I would help you whenever you need.” Joshua wrote something on a slip. “This is some prescription you need. Take it according to the instruction and never skip it until I decided you can stop.” Seungcheol nodded. “Oh, I heard from Hansolie that the younger twin came to meet you yesterday.”

“Yeah. He did.” Seungcheol smiled. “He didn’t resent me.”

“That’s good.” Joshua smiled and clipped the slip with a paper of the health test result. He handed to Seungcheol. “I really wish you will get happiness.” Seungcheol smiled softly. Ever since Joshua knew Seungcheol, he also knew Jihoon that long too. When Joshua became Seungcheol’s roommate back in college days, Seungcheol and Jihoon was already a couple which got together in senior year of high school. He watched the couple’s growth; bickers, minor fights, makeups, proposing but can’t get married when Jihoon was found pregnant so they delayed it but then the major fight happened when the twins in their tenth month led Jihoon to leave with Chan. Joshua would say Seungcheol was stupid but he watched how Seungcheol broke down after Jihoon went missing, he barely picked up his life later to raise Hansol. The anger died down through the years somehow.

“Thanks, Josh. For now, I want to be grateful at least having Chan with me.” Joshua smiled and nodded wishing him good luck.

 

 

“Dad.” Seungcheol looked up from stirring the soup.

“Yes, baby?” Hansol didn’t argue about the pet name this time as he had something more urgent to think. Seungcheol tilted his head. “Hansolie?”

“Eum… I didn’t tell because I didn’t want to hurt you but Chan advised me to tell you. So…” Hansol took a breath. “There’s a time if I’m going out with Chan after school… I met mom too.” Seungcheol hummed.

“I could see that coming. It’s okay, son. You can meet him, it’s your mom.” Hansol exhaled.

“But it’s unfair for you, doesn’t it?” Seungcheol gave a smile.

“It’s fine, my precious. My mistake shouldn’t affect you. I’m still sorry thou for you to grow up without your mom.” Hansol frowned.

“No, it’s fine. Dad, don’t apologize for that. I don’t like it.” Hansol got up and went to hug his dad. “Thanks for raising me well and full o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter