SoonCheol's Dumpster #2

(BxB) Seventeen's Dumpster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Love you[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Setting: Idol AU || Notes: It has been long and this AU came from my twinsie based on this tweet. Was not re-read so expect some mistakes and weird plot I just wrote this at whim. Enjoy~[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]The tallest male glanced around the waiting room that assigned for them before they’re going to sit in the hall. The ceremony was yet to start so they’re still waiting. He blinked as he looked around, feeling something is missing.

“What are you looking at, hyung?” The tall male turned just to notice the youngest of his group mates.

“Nothing, Dino yah. I’m just looking around.”

“Well, Jeonghan hyung wanted to count. We’re moving now. Come on, Mingyu hyung.” The tall man, Mingyu let the youngest, Chan pulled him towards the rest of the members. Before they moved further, Mingyu noticed their performance team leader sat still on the side as if not noticing what’s happening. Mingyu poked Chan and pointed to the leader. Chan glanced and tilted his head.

“What’s wrong with Hoshi hyung?”

“How would I know?”

Chan turned his way to Soonyoung instead with Mingyu in tow. The rest could wait, not that they’re going yet as they’re still crowding at the entrance for whatever it is Jeonghan was talking. “Hoshi hyung.” Soonyoung looked up.

“Hm?”

“Why you’re blanked out? We’re moving, hyung.” Chan said gesturing to the door. Soonyoung looked up and blinked.

“Oh, didn’t notice. Usually Cheol hyung would…”

“Oh yeah. That’s what had been missing.” Mingyu chimed in. Chan glanced at him. “Well, I was thinking earlier feeling something is missing. I guess it’s that. Usually Cheol hyung would just holler around to start grouping us and counting before moving.” Chan formed an O.

Soonyoung nodded lightly. “I also started to miss that. Well, not that our two hyungs are bad, we’re just used to our leader.”

“Of course. We miss him.”

“Sorry, I think I dampen the mood.” Soonyoung quickly said and got up. “Let’s go. Jeonghan hyung is looking this way already.” Soonyoung said and pushed the two to walk with him to the rest. He just plastered a smile that didn’t really get to his ears.

He’s not going to lie. He had been thinking about their leader ever since they arrived at the award show. He didn’t know, he’s nervous and feeling empty that the leader wasn’t with them today. It had been few times already but he just couldn’t get used to it. And today he missed the elder even more because they’re at the award show and they’re nominated for the Daesang they had wanted. It couldn’t be their winning but Soonyoung felt it’s a pity that the leader isn’t there. But he couldn’t be selfish too, the leader needed his time. And he’s also nervous, today is a significant stage for them.

“Soonyoung.” A nudge made him startled and he glanced. Jihoon was looking at him worriedly. “Are you okay? You’re spacing out.” Soonyoung just smiled lightly.

“I’m fine…. Just feeling incomplete.”

“Cheol hyung?” Soonyoung nodded lightly. Jihoon hummed. “We all miss him but we understand too. So, no matter what let’s do our best in his honour.”

“Yeah, that’s given. Don’t want to disappoint him or Carats.” Soonyoung exhaled. “I- I just miss him.” Jihoon smiled meaningfully.

“Ohhh.”

Soonyoung gave a stink look, dare Jihoon to say anything. Jihoon just shrugged and chuckled. They didn’t get to say much when they already arrived at their seats for the ceremony that would begin soon. Their group bowed respectfully to the senior groups and also greeted the juniors before taking the seat one by one. Joshua, as the acting leader for today was talking with the staff, seems like the staff was explaining something. Soonyoung took the seat in between Jeonghan and Seokmin.

The award show started after few moments and they paid attention to the MC while sometimes looked around to spot their fans, Carats. Few of the members managed to give a little wave to the fans. They’re cheering indeed from the small gesture. The ceremony was going rather smoothly and Soonyoung felt it pass like a blur as he tried to behave as usual, having fun with the members. Until they’re called to receive their award, again Soonyoung was thinking of their leader at the back of his mind as the members put him to greet the audience. Thinking he won’t make his point across as his mind was jumbled up, Soonyoung just quickly gave the member next to him the microphone after their usual greeting but without their leader.

Soonyoung could say they’re quite awkward and lost during that acceptance speech. As they catapulted going down the stage, there’s not much time to say anything as they’re ushered to the back stage interview and quickly to change the outfit for their performance soon.

“Guys, come quickly.” Joshua’s voice heard rather softly but managed to get the other attention. Knowing Joshua, Soonyoung just used his voice to call the rest that didn’t notice yet. They’re gathered in circle as usual. “Do it, Kyeom ah.”

Seokmin blinked. “Oh, it’s me? Um, well! Let’s do the best and don’t get hurt. Plus, let’s show them what we’re made of. And to get through this the best we could so that we won’t disappoint Cheol hyung.”

“Yeah, we’re filling his spot. Fighting!” Seungkwan added. They chuckled but nodded firmly.

“For leader-nim. Fighting!” They shouted altogether before dismissing the circle and quickly went to get ready by the stage.

“You’re jittery.” Jun nudged Soonyoung who stood close to him. Soonyoung looked at the guy before smiling.

“Excited!” Soonyoung said.

He’s not lying. He’s excited, he wanted to finish this stage as perfect as he should be. So that no one could say anything bad on them. He had heard people’s whispers, those guys had no leader now so they must be miserable. Soonyoung knew not only him hear those but s too. That’s why they’re so fired up to show their utmost potential on this stage even with the absence of their leader. He wanted to shut up those bad mouths that had nothing but rubbish. Because of those kind of people that made their precious leader fell in great pressure.

Soonyoung won’t have any of it now. He and s knew exactly what the leader needed, to show that they’re strong and capable of protecting their name. The pressure wasn’t alone for the leader to carry but the whole team. The members had agreed that they’re going to keep the group strong so that when their leader returned there’s nothing to worry about. That’s why tonight stage is a significant one. They wanted to show to the world what Seventeen was made off and don’t underestimate them even they’re now without their strongest pillar, their general leader Seungcheol.

With that burst of burning desire and spirit, the loud cheering of Carats surely proved that they had again satisfied their strongest allies. The overall audience pleased with their perfor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter