JiCheol's Dumpster #19

(BxB) Seventeen's Dumpster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Soulmate: Number[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Setting: Normal Adult AU || Notes: I think you can guess where this story come from huhu[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Jihoon stared at his books. To be honest, he hated numbers and of course he despised the courses that involved it. But he couldn’t run from it since he needed to pass those courses in order for him to graduate. He wasn’t sure how he survived until today but right now, at the sight of numbers on his book made him want to throw up.

Jihoon glanced out the window beside him. He was sitting in the library, at his very favourite spot that only him would sit there during this time. It’s because the sun would shine on this side of the building thus it would be slightly hot. But it was just a bright light, it was bright than other place but it wasn’t hot as they thought. Not when the air-conditioner in that library was hella cold like in Antarctica continent. Jihoon wasn’t good with coldness, that’s why that place was his favourite whenever he visited the library.

Jihoon sighed as he watched the green and serene view outside. His mind wasn’t on the study anymore. Jihoon reminded of how his hatred on numbers started.

 

 

Few years ago

“Mom.”

“Yes, my son.” The ten years old boy glanced up to his mother.

“Why I keep seeing this number?” The boy asked as he showed his book. The mother took a look and saw four digits were decorating the page in repeat. The mother looked at her son.

“Where did you see it, Jihoonie?” The boy pursed his lips.

“In my dream... every night, I saw someone wrote it on a steamy window. But I don’t know who.” The mother touched the boy’s head.

“Dear, since when you have this dream?”

“Recently.”

The mother kissed her son’s head. “Remember when I tell you about soulmate, my son?” The boy nodded. “Some soulmate come in the form of numbers.” The boy stared at the mother.

“Are you saying that my soulmate is numbers?” The mother guffawed. The boy tilted his head in confusion upon the laughter.

“No, it’s not like that. I mean that, some soulmate are related by numbers. Like me and your dad, we’re related by quotes.”

“How?” The mother smiled and showed the boy her bracelet. The boy, as if he knew what his mother tried to do, recite the words craved on his mother’s bracelet. “Every door brings you to a new journey.”

“The words on your dad’s bracelet are ‘My door leads my journey to you’. We were born with this quote, having it appeared on our arms before disappearing as we grew up and learnt the words by ourselves.”

“How you know it’s the pair?” The boy asked out of curiosity. The mother smiled.

“Both of the lines are what we learnt and both of us knew it was the pair.” The mother hummed. “And if you started to dream about the number, I could say it was your destined number... your soulmate would be dreaming of it too.”

“Will I meet this soulmate soon?”

“Depend on your fate. But I believe, your soulmate will be there when you needed him/her the most. You just need to wait, Jihoonie.” The boy nodded.

“Okay... I can’t wait to see my soulmate.”

“Don’t forget the number.” The boy beamed and nodded.

 

 

Jihoon sighed. It wasn’t all. Growing up believing that soulmate are destined to help each other when they needed it, Jihoon waited for his soulmate to appear every single day since he was 10. But he didn’t found the person. Now he was 24 years old, had gone through the biggest slump three year ago when he lost both of his parents in an accident, his soulmate was still nowhere to be found. Jihoon’s hatred kept growing and he eventually started to hate numbers since the accident.

‘ing useless soulmate. Whoever you’re, soulmate 4643... I don’t need you.’ Jihoon’s jaw tightened and he groaned, turning back to his book before decided to just drop the study time and left the library.

Jihoon’s phone rang when he was walking back to the dorm. He exhaled when he saw the caller. “What?”

“Minki is sick, can you come and fill his spot?” Jihoon huffed.

“Okay, pay me 10% extra.”

“Anything for you, honey.”

“I swear I will stick Jun’s spatula up to your Soonyoung if you don’t quit calling me that stupid name.” A nervous laugh heard on the other line before saying good bye and told him to come in 20 minutes. Jihoon rolled his eyes as he continued his walk before heading to the cafe where he did part time for his life expenses that was a block from his university, the place owned by Kwon Soonyoung, his friend in high school. Luckily, his hatred towards number didn’t affect his part time working as cashier at Soonyoung’s cafe.

 

 

Four years ago

“What’s wrong Jihoonie?” The lady asked when she found her son’s room was like a typhoon hit it a minute ago. Jihoon looked up to his mother, eyes wet.

“Mom.”

“Oh my, my dear. What’s wrong?”

“I’m tired.” The mother went to her son, hugging him. Jihoon sniffled. “I can’t live... I feel empty. I don’t know what to do. I... I feel like empty cans, needed to be filled with something but air. I need... I need my soulmate.” The mother took a breath, rubbing his back. Jihoon sobbed.

“Jihoonie... calm down. Don’t be like this. It’s perhaps not your time yet.”

“Really? I feel weird... something was telling me that this waiting won’t end. I had to wait for the rest of my life...”

“Oh no, Jihoonie. Don’t say like that. If- if by chance your soulmate died suddenly, you would feel it too. But you don’t, that tells your soulmate is still alive. You just need to wait.”

“I’m tired of waiting. I can’t feel my life... it was dull. I waited for so long, why...”

“Jihoonie.” The mother held his face, wiping the flowing tears. Jihoon sniffled. “Jihoon, sometimes there’s a reason to everything happened in your life. I need you to be strong. It will come, your soulmate will come to you or maybe you will find the person. You don’t need to beat yourself over this waiting. This is not right.”

“I begin to doubt, I begin to feel tired, mom.”

“Don’t be.” Jihoon bit his lips. The mother hugged him and patted his back. “Jihoonie, remember this. Soulmate always be the one who would lift you back when you’re at the lowest. Believe in it and the person will be there. Don’t ever give up.” Jihoon cried in his mother’s arms. His frustration brought him into this state. He didn’t know how but he became like this and his mother’s words weren’t really got into him.

 

 

He walked forward wandering in the unfamiliar place. It was a dread town, no living trace and only destruction. He didn’t know how he got here as he couldn’t remember anything. All he knew there’s a force pulling him to walk forward. He was shoeless, torn jeans and dirty white tees making him wonder is it he survived this dead place?

Legs didn’t stop moving for a long moment. Along the journey he found no one even the town seemed dead and endless. Like he’s an emotionless robot, he couldn’t reach any emotion to the fact the place was so empty and he was alone.

Out of sudden, there’s warmth reaching for him. His legs stopped moving when he felt a hand held his arm. Epically he turned. There’s no one but he felt the touch. Looking at his arm, it was moved as someone was holding it. Trace of black ink appeared on his palm.

4643

“Seungcheol?” Seungcheol was shook awake. He opened his eyes adjusting the light. He found a familiar face but can’t recall the name. “Are you okay? Do you have bad dreams?” Seungcheol blinked as he sat on the bed. Looking around clueless, he recognized the room. His room.

The guy who woke him up noticed the lack of response and exhaled. “Your name is Choi Seungcheol, 25 years old, living with single father, Choi Yongchan who worked as bodyguard. I’m your childhood friend also your neighbour, Joshua Hong. I’m same age as you.”

“25 years old?” Seungcheol questioned. He remembered his name and his father but it was weird to hear the age. His eyes caught the reflection on the mirror. “I’m 25 years old.”

“Do you remember?”

“Not really.” Seungcheol said. Even though he couldn’t remember Joshua, he didn’t feel awkward as he felt familiar with him. “I can’t recall you but I’m familiar with you.” Joshua nodded.

“You’re tossing around in your dream, so I woke you up. But other than that, it’s time for your class.” Joshua stared at Seungcheol. “But you’re not remembering.” Seungcheol blinked.

“How many time it happened this week?” Seungcheol asked. By that, Joshua knew that Seungcheol was aware of his condition. But he still wasn’t sure which memory Seungcheol was stuck this time.

Choi Seungcheol, his childhood friend was unfortunate guy, Joshua preferred called him special. Since he was four, after caught in a very high fever that miraculously he survived, Seungcheol was diagnosed with transient epileptic amnesia (TEA), a type of amnesia that happened at random time where the person could forget things happened few minutes, days or even years ago in which memory will return but not all. This condition could make the person had jumbled, scattered memory too. And that’s how Seungcheol had been living since he was four. Fortunately Seungcheol’s daily life wasn’t affected much as he was pretty good with his studies, together with his living ability as human. Just when he had a strike, he had to be absent if he couldn’t grasp about his current life. That made him graduate school a little bit late than others. He was just entering university as freshmen this year while Joshua was already about to finish his final year.

Growing up with Seungcheol, Joshua already accustomed with every single occurrence that may happen every time Seungcheol get his amnesiac strike. As Seungcheol’s father couldn’t take care of his son all the time, the job had been given to Joshua, Mr Choi trusted Joshua to help Seungcheol. Joshua didn’t mind as he was really sincere to help. The normal Seungcheol was a very good friend and that made Joshua befriended Seungcheol. Even though there’s a time Seungcheol couldn’t recall him. Joshua was filling a glass with water before walking back to Seungcheol.

“This is the third time.” Joshua answered and gave the water with a pill. Seungcheol took it without saying anything and gulped it down with the water. “What did you remember?”

“My name... dad. Events from high school... graduation?” Seungcheol frowned as he tried to remember. It wasn’t painful or anything as he tried to remember but inside his head it was mixing and he couldn’t put it at the right place. “I don’t know. This time the memories were jumbling.” Joshua nodded.

 “Feeling nausea?” Seungcheol shook his head. Joshua nodded again. “Do you think you can go to class?” Seungcheol blinked few times. He didn’t hear Joshua’s question when he was suddenly remembered his dream.

“Joshua.” Joshua looked at Seungcheol when his name was called. The question earlier was forgotten when he saw the troubled look on Seungcheol’s face. “Did I ever experience a bombing or anything that could destroy a town?” Joshua frowned to the sudden question.

“Why you’re asking like that?” Joshua asked. Seungcheol pondered for a while.

“I guess... I dream of such.” Seungcheol answered, unsure. Joshua sat on the bed.

“Tell me about it.” Seungcheol tried to recall, swimming through his numerous memories in his head. He struggled to tell Joshua but he made it till the end. Except the number on his palm. Joshua nodded lightly. “I’m not sure but dream about number always had been said to have connection about soulmate. You remember about this? That we have our own destined one?” Seungcheol nodded. At least in his current state, he remembered most of the things that he just couldn’t organize it properly in his head. Joshua nodded.

“You think the number had to do with soulmate?” Seungcheol asked. Joshua nodded.

“You told me once before that your number is 17.” Joshua said. Seungcheol frowned.

“17? No, I think I saw four digits.” Joshua looked stun.

“There’s no case that soulmate number will change. Not even if your soulmate is dead, the number would be the same.” Joshua said softly. Seungcheol groaned as he couldn’t remember.

“I’m sure it’s not 17.” Seungcheol bit his lips. “Perhaps... my condition caught me.” Joshua felt bad for his friend.

“Oh, Seungcheol.”

“Maybe it’s good.” Joshua looked at Seungcheol. Seungcheol looked at him back. “Because I will feel bad for my soulmate if I forget him, in this condition.” Joshua exhaled.

“Don’t think like that, gosh Seungcheol.” Seungcheol just smiled bitterly to Joshua. The room fell in silence.

 

 

“Jihoon! Bring this to table 4.” Jun’s words made Jihoon sighed. He was really tired and opted to stay behind the counter all day long, but they’re short of worker today due to someone in duty got sick with no replacement. It doubled Jihoon’s works at time like this, and of course he cursed his boss aka his friend for being so picky in recruiting worker.

Jihoon returned to the counter after delivering the order to the said table. He helped Minki at the counter efficiently. The lines weren’t getting to end even though they’re serving so many people. The cafe was also full house with no empty table. Apparently Jun had dragged Soonyoung out from the office to help them on serving the dine-in customers in which Jihoon was glad because he couldn’t leave the counter. Kibum and Sunwoo who were helping Jihoon and Minki also got full in hands. It was hectic during rush hours as the cafe situated strategically near the university also companies. To be honest, Soonyoung’s cafe was famous.

Jihoon finally served the last person on his line. “Welcome to Shining Cafe. May I have your order, sir?” Jihoon gave a smile. His last customer was a guy with black hair and big eyes. Jihoon took a guess that he’s a student, judging from the sling bag and comfortable

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter