JiCheol's Dumpster #9

(BxB) Seventeen's Dumpster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]You're not a brother[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Setting: Normal Adult AU || Notes: This is based on a prompt that goes like this, 'Cheol is adopted into Jihoon's family at 16 and he becomes Jihoon's legal guardian at 22.' (not the exact copy of it, I don't know where it goes but it's very similar to it). Enjoy~[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Seungcheol ah. Come here.” The sixteen years old teenager stepped inside timidly. He bowed when he saw a lady stood at the entrance with a boy that shorter than him. The male who called him in just now smiled. “This is my family. Here is my wife; you can just call her mother, Seungcheol ah. And this is my son, Lee Jihoon. He’s a year younger than you.”

“Is this the boy you told me, hubby?” The male nodded and brought Seungcheol closer by hugging his shoulder. The lady smiled. “He’s handsome one. Don’t be afraid of me, okay? I’m going to be your mother from now on so let’s get along better.” The lady patted the boy’s back beside him. “Greet your brother, Jihoon.” Jihoon turned to his mother and then to the new boy.

“Brother?”

The man smiled. “Um, yes. Your brother. He will be taken care of you if we’re not around.” Jihoon stared at the taller boy in front of him. Seungcheol stared back, subtly looking at the boy with wavering eyes.

 

 

“Lee Jihoon, wake up! You’re almost late to college!” Seungcheol’s rough voice boomed through the apartment from the kitchen. No answer and Seungcheol sighed. He packed the lunchbox knowing the younger wouldn’t get to take breakfast at this rate. Seungcheol pulled off the blue apron as he left the kitchen to Jihoon’s bedroom. He knocked once and twisted the knob. A big bundle of blanket still was static on the bed. Seungcheol sighed and walked towards it, pulling the blanket harshly.

A loud whine heard and the blanket was pulled back. Seungcheol shook his head. “Lee Jihoon, get up. It’s almost 8 and you have class at 8.30. Get up!” Seungcheol raised his voice, patting the body under the blanket. Jihoon moved, wriggling around still stubborn to get up. “Jihoon.”

“I- Imma- sleep- go away.” Jihoon mumbled under the blanket. Seungcheol huffed and decided to use the trick he would get in the bathroom in second.

“Jihoonie, Jihoonie, Jihoonie, wakey wakey. It’s time for your class Jihoney~” Jihoon groaned and pushed the blanket.

“Hyung! Don’t ever use that nickname and quit doing those gross aegyo! Eww!” Jihoon cringed as he glared at Seungcheol with his still sleepy eyes. Seungcheol laughed.

“But it worked to get you up. Now, go to bath. You have 5 minutes to get ready if you don’t want to be late.” Jihoon rubbed his eyes and turned to the clock on the nightstand. He blinked, looking in shock at the red numbers.

“Oh damn. I need to send in my assignment!” Jihoon scrambled from his bed and dashed into the bathroom inside his room. Seungcheol shook his head and did his every day routine, tidying up Jihoon’s bed. He could hear Jihoon’s shriek and panic inside the bathroom and he could just laugh. He stepped out after finishing the bed and gathering the dirty clothes. Seungcheol’s eyes fell on the big frame across the room, on the wall beside his bedroom’s door.

“Morning, abeoji, eommoni. He’s late as usual.” Seungcheol whispered and walked to put the dirty cloth in the washing machine.

“Hyung! I’m late!”

“I’m done. Grab the lunchbox on the table. It’s for you.” Seungcheol shouted as he walked out from the laundry and grabbed his car keys. Jihoon was slipping in his shoes.

“I’m already in my shoes.” Seungcheol chuckled and got the lunchbox from the table. Jihoon’s eyes fell on the same frame. “Eomma, appa. Morning, sorry I will greet you properly when I’m home later, okay? Bye.” Jihoon said. Seungcheol just smiled hearing that and slipped into his shoes as well. Jihoon burst outside first and ran to the elevator. Seungcheol just shook his head and locked the house. As a usual weekday, they started it the same since two years ago, after Jihoon’s parents died in an unfortunate accident.

 

 

“You’re late too.” Jihoon greeted his friend who was about to walk into the faculty building. The friend glanced and saw the same silver car drove away.

“Ah, did I miss to see your hot hyung?” Jihoon rolled his eyes.

“Stop ogling over my hyung, Jeon Wonwoo.” Wonwoo laughed. Jihoon pulled him to run. “We need to hurry.”

“Right.” The two luckily stepped into the class right before their lecturer came in. The theory class was boring for both of them but they managed to keep their eyes awake due to well-known evil lecturer they have for that class. Jihoon yawned and threw his things into his bag once their evil lecturer stepped out from the class. Wonwoo turned to Jihoon.

“Do you have class after lunch?” Wonwoo asked. Jihoon shook his head.

“My classes are almost the same with you except Wednesday. Why bother asking me?” Wonwoo grinned.

“Wrong question, are you having plans after lunch?” Jihoon shook his head. Wonwoo beamed. “Can you accompany me?” Jihoon wrinkled.

“Where?”

“Pink Romance Café.” Jihoon scoffed. Wonwoo beamed. “Please, I know you’re going there as well.”

“I’m going there to help.” Wonwoo pouted.

“I’m helping as well! I buy coffee there!” Jihoon rolled his eyes.

“It’s because you want to talk with Seungcheol hyung!” Wonwoo grinned.

“Please, can’t you help me a bit?” Jihoon shrugged as he walked to the next classroom. Wonwoo followed behind, they’re taking the same subject anyway.

“You would never listen to me tho.” Wonwoo laughed.

“Yeay!” Jihoon ignored Wonwoo after that.

 

 

Seungcheol finished the caramel latte order and passed it to his co-worker. He looked around and smiled to see so many people in his café. Pink Romance Café was Jihoon’s parents’ asset. It was a Chinese restaurant before and it got closed down two years ago after the parents died. Once Seungcheol graduated last year, he found out the shop lot was transferred to his name when the lawyer came to find him. Jihoon suggested Seungcheol to open a café for living as he knew Seungcheol’s love for coffee despite taking a major in pure sciences. He listened to Jihoon’s suggestion and here he is, becoming the owner of the café that had the most customers in the neighbourhood.

The bell chimed making Seungcheol turned to the entrance. He smiled when he saw Jihoon stepping inside. He gave another short smile for the taller figure beside Jihoon. “Hey hyung. Any free spot today?” Seungcheol nodded.

“We need another person at the counter.” Jihoon nodded and walked off to the staff room at the back. Seungcheol wanted to follow but the friend of Jihoon already came closer to the counter. Not wanting to be rude, he smiled. “I’m making the coffee today, you can order from the waiter or at the counter, Wonwoo.” Seungcheol gave a smile. Wonwoo just grinned and walked to the line. The next order came in and Seungcheol was back to work. Wonwoo kept his eyes on the elder and the guy noticed. He didn't care much about it; he was aware Wonwoo often came to the cafe and stole a glance. He could figure the best friend of Jihoon was having some interest in him. Once Wonwoo was in front of the counter, the cashier with name tag Kim Mingyu flashed his smile.

"What do you want, sir?" Wonwoo glanced up to the menu on the board.

"What is recommended today? I will take that." Mingyu nodded and pressed some button.

"Your name, sir."

"Wonwoo." Receipt-like-sticker was printed later and Mingyu pasted the receipt on an empty cup. He handed it to Seungcheol and Wonwoo's eyes met the elder. The taller of the two blushed and looked down bashfully while Seungcheol stayed silent. Jihoon who just came out from the room saw that and walked to Wonwoo. "Be less obvious would you?" Wonwoo pouted as he rubbed the part that had been hit by Jihoon. The smaller got behind the counter. Mingyu gave a crooked smile, he was afraid with the small but strong guy even when Seungcheol convinced him Jihoon was just a grumpy and harmless guy. Wonwoo pouted.

"That's hurt." Jihoon shrugged. Seungcheol just smiled. "You're jealous because no one likes you." Jihoon widened his eyes and glared at his best friend.

"It's done, Mingyu." Seungcheol said before Jihoon could say anything. "Jihoon, open the counter, please." Jihoon decided to ignore Wonwoo and quickly followed Seungcheol's request.

 

 

“Thanks for the meal.” Jihoon said and began to pick up his utensil to eat. Seungcheol just smiled across the table and began to eat as well.

“How’s class?” Jihoon shrugged.

“So and so. Normal.” Seungcheol nodded.

“Enjoy your final year, okay?” Jihoon nodded as he chewed down the rice. Seungcheol just smiled. He glanced at the family picture behind Jihoon. He just smiled and prayed for their peace. “Jihoon.”

“Yes?”

“I’m glad you’re growing up so well.” Jihoon looked and grimaced. Seungcheol grinned.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Haha, I don’t know too. Ignore me, just eat.” Seungcheol smiled and ushered the other to eat. Jihoon just shrugged and continued eating. Seungcheol stared at Jihoon for a little while. ‘I promise that I will take care of you for the rest of my life. I love you Jihoon, more than you know.’ Seungcheol took a spoonful of rice. ‘But I never wish for us to be together. Just enough I’m here beside you, even as a brother.’

Jihoon finished the dishes and quickly walked out from the kitchen as he heard his phone ringtone. The small guy walked passing Seungcheol who tidied the table as he took the call and got into his room. Jihoon exhaled. “What do you want?”

“Can I come over?” The person on the other line asked. Jihoon frowned.

“What for?”

“Just?”

“If this is because of my hyung, you better stop yourself from coming-” Ding dong! The echo from outside and on the other line made Jihoon groaning. “Jeon jerk Wonwoo.” A laugh heard and the call ended. Jihoon rushed out and saw Seungcheol was opening the door.

The elder startled to see the tall guy. “Wonwoo?” Wonwoo beamed.

“Hi hyung.” Wonwoo saw Jihoon. “Hey shortie.”

“You better prepare a grave before I go up and rip your heart out.” Wonwoo faked a pout.

“You’re so cruel. Hyung, how did you survive in this house?” Wonwoo said as he stepped in with Seungcheol welcomed him inside. Seungcheol just shrugged as an answer.

“Why you’re here actually?” Jihoon hugged himself as he stared at Wonwoo up and down. Seungcheol just watched the two. Wonwoo just smiled to Jiho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter