JiCheol's Dumpster #13

(BxB) Seventeen's Dumpster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]"Dad, I saw mom." | Introductory[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Setting: Normal adult AU || Notes: IDK what I have write, warning of cliffhanger and messy plus weird plot[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Hansolie, wake up. You need to go to school.” Hansol groaned under the cover.

“5 minutes, dad!” Hansol curled more into the blanket and wanted some more sleep. He thought he would get more sleep but his dad wasn’t giving him anymore. Hansol jerked when rapid pat slap on his body hit him like no tomorrow. He groaned and pushed the cover away. “Okay, I’m up!” Hansol saw his dad’s smile.

“Great, you will be late if you delayed more. You don’t want that on your first day in high school, right baby?” Hansol rolled his eyes.

“Dad, I’m not a baby. I told you to stop calling me that.” The strong built man giggled and pulled Hansol into a hug which the son tried to get away. He couldn’t anyway.

“You’re forever my baby, Choi Hansol. Now, get up. I will send you today.” Hansol shook his head.

“We’re heading on the opposite path. I can take the bus. You will be late if you send me, dad.”

“But… it’s your first day to school.” Hansol clicked his tongue and kissed his dad’s cheek.

“No buts, I can go by myself. I’m a big boy, dad. Stop pampering me, Mr Choi Seungcheol.” Hansol said in teasing manner but was serious. Seungcheol sighed and patted his 15 years old son’s head.

“Okay, but don’t you ever forget to text me when you arrived safely at school.” Hansol nodded. “I can’t let something happen to you, I don’t want to lose my pre-”

“I know. I know I’m your precious son that you can’t lose.” Seungcheol chuckled. He must be saying that the whole time made Hansol could even finish his sentence.

“I promise on the day your mom left that I will never lose anyone else and it’s you.” Hansol noticed his dad was being sappy again and hugged his 39 years old dad.

“I’m going to be late if you’re being like this.” Seungcheol chuckled.

“Sorry, sorry. Go and get ready.” Hansol smiled and kissed his dad’s cheek once again before leaving. Seungcheol just smiled and got up to prepare the breakfast. He walked passing the drawer in the living room where they put frames of their picture. Seungcheol bit his lips when his eyes fell on the one frame that he really didn’t want to be there because it caused him pain to see the face again but he couldn’t be cruel and keep that face from his son. Hansol deserved to know even though it pained him every time he was asking about the one by Hansol and needed to tell stories about memories.

‘It’s not you to be blame… I’m in the fault, how I wish I can find you and ask your forgiveness.’ Seungcheol exhaled and walked to the kitchen after god-only-know how long he stared at the picture. Little did that Seungcheol knew his son saw that.

‘Mom… dad still misses you.’

 

 

Hansol got down the bus and walked towards his school. He knew his way as he already figured the way beforehand accompanied by his dad when he was accepted into this school. Hansol was listening songs in his phone as he walked. He took a breath as his player shuffled the next song and he knew that song by heart. His parents’ favourite song. His dad never said it to him but he knew it when his dad always cried to this song, it must be reminded his dad to his mom.

Without knowing why, sometimes, out of nowhere
Thoughts like those just appear lately
(Seventeen - Laughter)

Hansol remembered the tears trickled down his dad’s face. When he entered middle school, as his dad promised the whole time he had asked why his mom left them, Seungcheol told of what happened. Hansol didn’t blame his mom for leaving or even blaming his dad for being stupid. He didn’t want to blame anyone – or perhaps if he’s blaming, he would blame the one that tried to separate his parents – when his dad was suffering of it and even always in pain every time he asked about his mom. His dad wasn’t a good liar; Hansol learnt that with his 10-years-old brain. He stopped being so curious about his mom since then but at times he asked like during his birthday, when he craved for something related to his mom he would ask. He never said to his dad but he was actually jealous of his friends who got both of their parents on their side. He really wanted to meet his mom but he knew not just him, his dad even more wanted to find his mom and apologized. He knew his dad had been searching for his mom all this time, not because when he asked where his mom on his eighth birthday but because his dad missed his mom so much and also felt guilty.

Hansol looked up when he noticed he had arrived at the gate of his school. He pulled away his earphones and was about to stuff it into his pocket when he heard a car pulled over behind him. He turned out of curiosity and saw a boy in his age got down from the car. He couldn’t see the driver but he assumed it was a lady when he heard the boy’s words.

“Thanks mom. I will text you when I’m done.” The boy beamed and closed the door. Hansol just watched, feeling a bit sour to the word. How he wished he could call his mom. The car drove away, and Hansol watched the smiley boy waved to the leaving car before walking towards the gate. Hansol felt something rather weird when he watched the smile for a bit longer.

“Hello?” Hansol startled. The boy greeted him. Oh no, did he think I’m a weirdo? “Are you okay?”

Hansol blinked. “Oh, oh. I’m fine. Sorry.” Hansol quickly turned and entered the school. The boy titled his head and walked after Hansol. Hansol shook his head from the thought and made his way to the office to get his things and schedule. To his shock, the boy was following him.

“Hey.” Hansol turned as he was waiting for his turn to get his stuffs from the administration staff. The boy gave a smile. “Are you a new student?” Hansol just blankly nodded. “First year?” Hansol nodded again.

“Why?” Hansol stupidly asked. The boy beamed. Again, Hansol felt the same feeling. Warm.

“I am too. You look nice; I just want to make friends?” The boy smiled shyly and offered his hand. “Nice to meet you, I’m Lee Chan.” Hansol blinked.

“Choi Hansol.” Hansol turned when he was called. Chan smiled and gestured him to go. Hansol excused himself and picked his stuff from the staff. “Your class is 1-3A. It’s in the next building on the left, ground floor.” Hansol nodded and thanked the staff. He turned and remembered the boy earlier. Hansol walked back to him.

“I-”

“I got your name, Hansol right?” The boy smiled. Hansol nodded.

“I’m going to the class… we will meet again, Chan?” Hansol didn’t know what to say. Chan nodded.

“I guess.” Hansol smiled and left. Chan was still waiting for his stuff.

Hansol walked to his class while thinking of the boy. He didn’t know what he was feeling but he felt close and warm with Chan’s presence. It was a pleasant one and Hansol was attracted to know him more. Hansol got into the class and noticed there are few students already in there. Some of them were talking; Hansol guessed they’re from same school before. Hansol chose the empty seat at the last row near the window and settled to look out, ignoring everyone around. He was thinking of everything and the boy earlier.

“I guess it’s very soon.” Hansol startled to a voice and turned.

“Chan.”

“We’re classmate.” Chan grinned. “Can I sit here?” Chan pointed to the seat beside Hansol. Hansol nodded. Chan smiled and thanked him. Hansol just watched. Chan smiled as he turned to Hansol and started asking about everything, like how a friend started to know each other. Hansol answered one by one and began to like the new friend he made today.

 

 

“How you’re going home?” Chan asked once they ended today’s class and packed to go home. Hansol blinked.

“Oh, I’m riding a bus.” Hansol smiled. “You?”

“My mom will pick me up.” Hansol nodded, he already knew actually. Chan hummed. “Where are you staying?”

“Yongsan.” Chan raised his brow.

“Oh that’s a bit far.” Hansol just smiled.

“Just so-so, not really far.” Chan just nodded.

“I thought I can drop you off but we’re going to the opposite way.” Hansol chuckled.

“It’s okay.” Chan grinned. His phone suddenly went off when they stepped out from the building towards the entrance. Chan chuckled seeing the caller.

“My mom.” Hansol just smiled and let Chan picked up the phone. “Mom, I’m just about to text you.” Chan said. He giggled before clicking his tongue. “Ah, mom. Stop nagging. You’re so impatient, actually.” Hansol was amused by the conversation. Chan put away the phone from his ears. Hansol heard a shriek and angry tone. Chan just smiled awkwardly.

“Okay, okay, mom. I will be waiting in the safe place. Oh gosh, you’re dramatic, mom.” Chan said before saying goodbye to his mom. Hansol chuckled lightly. Chan sighed. “I got a very protective mom…” Hansol nodded.

“I can see that. But I understand. My dad is like that too. It’s hard to actually make him agree of me taking bus. Just lucky his workplace was opposite to the way to school, I managed to get a good excuse.” Chan chuckled.

“My mom is not buying that excuses. Plus, working as a lecturer, it won’t give much damage.” Hansol nodded.

“Flexible time, eh?” Chan nodded. They arrived at the school gate. Hansol stopped. “Do you want to accompany you?” Chan blinked.

“Eh, it’s okay. My mom will be here soon, it’s not that far. Beside, you would miss your bus.” Hansol grinned.

“It’s alright. My bus is still operating till night. I can catch the next bus.” Chan rubbed his nape.

“Won’t your dad worry, Hansol?” Hansol grinned.

“I may or may not lie to him about our last class end time.” Chan laughed.

“You’re a naughty boy.” Hansol chuckled together with the boy. They talked some more, bonding even closer. Hansol didn’t know why but he had a feeling of not letting the boy waited alone. He somehow became protective of the new friend he made today. They just met today but the feeling was strong. As if Hansol already knew Chan for long. Chan also didn’t mind his company; both of them enjoyed each other. As they talked, Hansol noticed the same car this morning.

“That’s your mom, right?” Chan turned and smiled.

“Yeah.” Chan turned to Hansol. “Thanks for accompanying me.” Hansol nodded. The car pulled over in front of them. The window rolled down and Hansol saw a silhouette of a man. He wrinkled. Chan noticed that and smiled awkwardly. “Ah, Hansol. I forgot to tell you…”

Hansol didn’t really hear Chan when he saw the face clearly. His breath hitched. The man saw him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter