JiCheol's Dumpster #10

(BxB) Seventeen's Dumpster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Hi My Guardian[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Setting: Normal Adult AU || Notes: This is the second idea I mentioned beforehand based on a prompt that goes like this, 'Cheol is adopted into Jihoon's family at 16 and he becomes Jihoon's legal guardian at 22.' (not the exact copy of it, I don't know where it goes but it's very similar to it). Enjoy~[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Seungcheol halted his angry step and turned around. The nonchalant yet small boy stopped as well, looking away with bored look. “This is the last time, Jihoon. Please, you’re almost in the senior year. I can’t afford you to change another school.” The seventeen years old boy didn’t take that word seriously, looking everywhere but Seungcheol. Seungcheol sighed and turned. “Mom, dad. Please make him change for better.” Seungcheol said and walked. The boy followed after silently. His face was contorted with displeased when the elder talked about their parents.

Seungcheol got in the car and Jihoon took the passenger’s seat. The elder started the engine and drove away, to their small officetel. It had been a while since their parents died and Seungcheol worked to support their life. He managed to get them a place to live as the previous house rent was too much for Seungcheol to pay. Ever since the parents died, Seungcheol worked while studying to support his life and also his brother. Jihoon or Lee Jihoon wasn’t his real brother, Seungcheol had been adopted into the Lee family when he was 16 and Jihoon was 7 at that time. They grew up as a closed brother but that was before their parents died in accident, Jihoon had changed into a rebellious teenagers and their relationship had been worst. Most probably because Jihoon hates him that made him changed, the younger thought Seungcheol was the reason why their parents died. Seungcheol really hated it when Jihoon started to change but he can’t do much because he had a part also in the way that night happened. To record, since Jihoon entered high school, he had caused so many discipline problems and even changed schools for 10 times already. Seungcheol had been advised by the previous principal that it might be hard if Jihoon had to change school again after this one, he might not be able to graduate. That made Seungcheol worried, he couldn’t let that happen. But there’s again, Jihoon caused problem and received warnings that he even got called to the school. Jihoon will be expelled if he causes a problem again.

“Go home. I still have work. Make sure you hit home, or else.” Seungcheol said sternly as he stopped right in front of the building. Jihoon scoffed and took his bag, stepping out from the car. He slammed the door shut and Seungcheol looked out the window with a red face. “I’m serious, Jihoon.”

“ off.” Jihoon rolled his eyes and walked into the building. Seungcheol stared at the back of the boy for a while before driving away, he was late for a meeting anyway. Seungcheol had graduated his degree and managed to land a job in a company as an architect. It was a tough job and he was lucky that his boss understands when he told him about his brother. But he knew he shouldn’t take it for granted anyway.

Jihoon stopped and looked back when he heard the car was being driven away. The small boy rolled his eyes and turned his heels, fishing out his phone. Dialling a number, he scoffed. “I’m heading to your place to crash. Prepare some space.”

“What did you do again today…”

“Shut the up, Kwon.” Jihoon ended the call and walked towards a direction, not even going home like he supposed to do.

 

 

“I’m very sorry again, sir.” Seungcheol bowed. The man sighed.

“I can’t blame you anyway. But you know that boy is not even your blood-related brother. You can actually stop acting as his guardian.” Seungcheol bit his lips.

“I’m very sorry, sir. I will work hard from now on to make up to you.” Seungcheol paused. “Jihoon is my responsibility until he’s at the legal age. I’m his legal guardian on papers, sir.” The man sighed.

“Okay, I know. You may leave now, and work the very best you could give.” Seungcheol nodded and stepped out from the office. The co-worker aka Seungcheol’s table mate beside him approached Seungcheol when he was back to his seat.

“How was it?”

“I’m very lucky to have Mr Oh as our boss.” Seungcheol sighed, leaning his back against the seat. The other worker, who happened to sit in front of Seungcheol stopped beside Seungcheol’s table.

“Well, Jeonghan. You know Seungcheol is the best architect we got here, of course Mr Oh didn’t want to lose him so he let Seungcheol had his own way.” Seungcheol bit his cheeks.

“Jisoo, it’s not like that.” Seungcheol said to the man beside his table.

“Everybody is agreeing with me.” Jisoo smiled and walked to his own seat. Seungcheol sighed. Jeonghan patted Seungcheol’s back.

“Jisoo didn’t mean harm, I hope you know.” Jeonghan just smiled and went back to attend his work. Seungcheol just sighed before doing his job.

 

 

“Yo, Woozi. So what happened?” Jihoon scoffed as he landed on the bed, ignoring the blonde and the two boys on the floor, playing some unknown game together with the blonde.

“Later. I need sleep, Kwon.” The blonde nodded and let Jihoon alone. He played with the two guys in minimum volume. Jihoon closed his eyes, trying to get some sleep.

“Mom, where are you going?” The boy asked when he saw his parents was getting ready to go out. The mother turned and saw her son was watching television.

“We will be out for a while, to get Seungcheol’s cake for his birthday, sweetie.”

“It’s late and raining.” The boy got down the couch and walked to the door. He saw his father smiled.

“It’s okay, Jihoon. We will be back soon. Make sure your hyung is sleeping while we’re out okay? We’re going to surprise him when he woke up to study.” The father said and patted Jihoon’s shoulder. The mother gave Jihoon a kiss on the cheek and the two closed the door. Jihoon just watched the closed door for a while before walking back to the living room. He stared at the television and turned it off later. He decided to stay with his hyung as the lightning is getting rougher and louder. He prayed his parents will be back soon which is not going to happen.

Jihoon jolted awake from his dream. He looked around and found the blonde’s eyes. “Are you okay, Woozi?”

“I’m fine.” Jihoon took a breath.

“Nightmare?” One of the two questioned Jihoon. Jihoon just exhaled.

“Yeah, the usual, Wonwoo.”

“You still dream of that, Woozi hyung?”

“I could never forget that, Mingyu.” Jihoon sat up. The blond gave him some water. “Thanks, Kwon.” The blonde nodded.

“I- um, I know you might get mad if I say this, but I think it’s very wrong if you keep… blaming and hating your hyung for that.” Jihoon glared at Mingyu. Mingyu gulped. “Sorry.”

“Calm down Jihoon.” The blonde said. Jihoon sighed. “Anyway, you know you need to stop creating troubles in school because this school is your last chance.”

“I have no intention to graduate, Soonyoung.” Jihoon lied down on the bed again. Soonyoung exchanged a look with Mingyu and Wonwoo. “No, this is not because my hatred on that guy but I just don’t see the needs to graduate.”

“Jihoon.” Wonwoo called softly this time. “We need to at least graduate high school to do stuffs these days. Just hold up for a little while, we’re almost there.”

“A year is not short.” Jihoon grunted. Mingyu was about to say something but Wonwoo stopped him and said something to Jihoon.

“Do it for the sake of your parents. You know yourself they wanted to see you become a great person, you told me before your mother wanted to see you attend college. Can’t you do that for them?” Jihoon sprang up and sat on his . His face was red.

“They’re not here to see. What’s the point then? They’re not here.” Jihoon muttered with lips quivering as he tried not to spill tears. Not even once he showed his fragile side to anybody after his parents died except three of them. They’re Jihoon’s friend since elementary school; they depended on each other a lot and understood each other better than anyone else even their own parents. Jihoon didn’t like being weak but he’s weak when comes to his parents’ topic. But he controlled his emotion better when he’s with people other than Soonyoung, Wonwoo and Mingyu. Only they knew that Jihoon would cry sometimes if topic about the parents rose.

Soonyoung moved and walked to hug Jihoon. Jihoon bit his lips. “Jihoon, I believe dead people are watching over their beloved person from above. I believe your parents are doing the same. So, they must be hoping you to behave and finish your high school. The least is that, you can do anything you want after that.” Soonyoung said. Jihoon took a breath, letting silence settled in the room.

 

 

Seungcheol was home to the dark apartment. It was 10 in the night and Seungcheol sighed when he couldn’t find Jihoon in his room. He closed the door and landed his on the couch next to Jihoon’s door. He was thinking where to find Jihoon. The boy got a week suspension from school and he really hoped Jihoon wasn’t out to create more mess. Seungcheol searched for his phone and decided to call Jihoon even though he’s very sure the younger won’t answer it. When he tapped the screen, a notification showed up. Seungcheol opened it and found it was a message from Jihoon’s friend.

‘Jihoon is at my house, hyung. He will stay the night, I guess. I can tell he didn’t tell you so I send this so that you won’t get worried. –Soonyoung’

Seungcheol exhaled. He locked his phone and leaned against the backrest, closing his eyes with a heavy sigh. He really missed Jihoon and their old times. But since their parents died, Jihoon had closed his world and withdraw from Seungcheol. They didn’t talk, Seungcheol regretted that he let Jihoon alone for the reason he thought Jihoon needed space. He never thought it will lead to this, he wanted to make it right but Jihoon kept his distance and Seungcheol couldn’t erase it.

He knew Jihoon blame him for that day. If it wasn’t for his birthday surprise, their parents won’t be out near to the midnight and on top of that the heavily raining night. Seungcheol knew Jihoon had the every right to hate him but he was feeling sad when Jihoon technically was ruining his life by creating troubles in his school. He couldn’t let Jihoon failed to graduate his high school, Jihoon needed that at least to survive. He didn’t mind to take care of Jihoon his whole life but he knew Jihoon had a bright future ahead if he put his mind in his study. Seungcheol was feeling guilty too that Jihoon became rebellious because of him. If that day he knew his parents went out…

Seungcheol bit his lips. His tears rolled down from his closed eyes. To the silence and dimmed room, Seungcheol cried again silently.

 

 

Jihoon woke up Soonyoung was almost ready for school. The blonde got an exception to go to school yesterday as he was sick and Wonwoo with Mingyu was skipping school again. They attended different schools – Mingyu and Soonyoung went to the same one but Mingyu was one year below them, Wonwoo went to the school near to Jihoon’s. “You’re going?” Jihoon mumbled sleepily.

“Um yeah. I only got MC for yesterday and I’m feeling fine already. So I’m going. You know where to find food. But I’m seriously saying you should go home too, Jihoon.” Soonyoung said carefully and walked to the door with his bag. Jihoon was groggily looking up to Soonyoung, didn’t really like the idea of going home. “I know you’re hardly listened to me but I know that I’m the only one could bear your hits so I’m taking my chance. Stop making Seungcheol hyung worried, Jihoon. I know you hate him but Seungcheol is your legal guardian, anything happened he would need to cover for you. If you intended to ruin your life, don’t ruin his too.”

“ off, Soonyoung. I freaking hate him and I want him to feel the loss too.” Soonyoung just sighed and closed the door without saying anything. Jihoon grunted and punched the pillow before lying down again with a sore heart. He continued to sleep and wake up to the hunger. It was near lunch when Jihoon stepped into the kitchen to find something edible.

Jihoon decided to turn on Soonyoung’s laptop rather than the TV. He chose to play game while munching the bags of Snickers he found in the kitchen. He was having his time when his phone rang. Jihoon paused the game and glanced over the screen. Scoffing, he ignored the call.

 

 

“Still nothing?” Jeonghan asked when he saw Seungcheol sighed as he put down the phone. Seungcheol shook his head. “His friend told you he is there right? So, calm down. He’s safe.” Seungcheol bit his lips.

“I’m just worried about his meals.” Seungcheol exhaled. “But I’m pretty sure he won’t like to see me if I went to find him at the house. I-” Jeonghan patted Seungcheol’s back.

“He will be fine.” Seungcheol just sighed. “Or if you’re so worried, you can ask his friend’s help.” Seungcheol yelped.

“Oh right!” Seungcheol quickly typed a message to Soonyoung while Jeonghan just shook his head, ignored his tablemate and continued his job.

Near to the end of office hour, his phone vibrated. Seungcheol was almost finishing his task for the day. He picked up the call when he noticed the caller. “Soonyoung.”

“I just am done with classes and club activities. Just notice your message, hyung. What kind of help?”

“Can Jihoon stay over your place until his suspension was over? I need… you to take care of him. About his meals, I will send it to you but never ever mention to him it was from me. Can you do that?” Soonyoung was taking few seconds to reply.

“It’s better if he goes home but I know him… um, okay. I will do it, hyung.” Seungcheol beamed.

“Thank you. You’re done with classes… still at school? I can pick you up and buy you food.” Seungcheol said as he tidied his desk and the papers with the free hand.

“Okay, I will wait for hyung at the school gate.”

The call ended and Seungcheol quickly turned off his PC after saving his works. After arranging the papers properly, he passed a file to Jisoo as Jeonghan was not at his seat. “Can you help me submit to Mr Oh? I need to go home now.” Jisoo stared at him for a while before sighing.

“You just can’t see me in peace.” Seungcheol just smiled apologetically.

“Please? I’m very thankful for-” Jisoo rolled his eyes.

“Just go.” Seungcheol beamed and gathered his things.

“Thank you very much, Jisoo. I will make sure I pay you back.” Seungcheol patted Jisoo’s back and left. Jisoo just stared at the file and sighed. Jeonghan who just returned from a trip to the toilet looked at Jisoo.

“Jisoo?” Jisoo looked up. “Are you okay?” Jisoo shrugged. Jeonghan just watched the other for a while before sighing. “Are you being jealous again, aren’t you?” Jisoo gave a glare and Jeonghan just decided to shut up.

Seungcheol arrived around Soonyoung’s school about half an hour later. Soonyoung already waited at the gate. Seungcheol pulled over the car near the boy and Soonyoung looked inside before opening the door. “Hi, hyung.”

“Hi, Soonyoung.” Seungcheol smiled. “What food do you want?” Soonyoung just smiled.

“Something heavy because I know Jihoon might feed only snacks or cereal at my house. I didn’t cook or um, you know hyung.” Seungcheol nodded and started to drive away.

“I’m going to take you to Jihoon’s favourite place.” Soonyoung nodded as he watched Seungcheol drove into the road. The silence fell between them for a while before Soonyoung decided to talk.

“Hyung.” Seungcheol hummed as his eyes were still on the road. Soonyoung took a breath. “Jihoon… is still lingering in the past and he… looks like give up on his life.” Seungcheol glanced to Soonyoung.

“What are you talking about?” Seungcheol asked. Soonyoung cleared his throat.

“Jihoon didn’t want to graduate because he felt it was useless as his parents-” Seungcheol stiffened. Soonyoung bit his lips. “I’m sorry, hyung.”

Seungcheol took a breath. “It’s okay. He said that to you?” Soonyoung nodded but then gave a weak yes when he noticed Seungcheol wasn’t looking. “Did he… me, about that accident…”

“He still blames you.” Seungcheol blinked once and exhaled.

“Okay, we arrived.” Seungcheol pulled over the car and just let the conversation dead at there. Soonyoung just followed when Seungcheol stepped out from the car. He stared at Seungcheol’s slumped back and felt bad for being honest.

 

 

Soonyoung entered his house with the food that Seungcheol had buy for him. The elder also told him to come down a little bit late in the night so that he could give him some instant food and fruits for the supply. Seungcheol wanted to buy some groceries but remembering neither of the boys knew how to cook so he opted with instant food even though it wasn’t really healthy. The elder knew for sure Jihoon won’t leave Soonyoung’s house and called out for delivery would be hard as the younger didn’t have much money. Soonyoung placed the food on the counter at the kitchen as he looked around the dimmed room. No sign of Jihoon spotted so he walked to his room.

“Jihoon? I’m home with food- oh.” Soonyoung saw his friend felt asleep on the carpeted floor with comic covered his face. He walked softly and sat beside Jihoon. Slowly, Soonyoung started to poke Jihoon a bit, knowing Jihoon could be grumpy if he was forced to wake up from his slumber. “Jihoon ah, I bring some food, wake up. I know you didn’t get dinner yet.” Soonyoung called softly as he pulled the comic away. Jihoon’s face scrunched up and rolled onto his side, grunting.

“I’m sleepy.”

“Come on Jihoon. I buy food thou. You can’t be ungrateful to that.” Soonyoung said with a soft whine. Jihoon opened one eye.

“Is it something filling?” Soonyoung smiled.

“I think you like it. I know you’re kind of starving. I didn’t have much food left in the kitchen and I’m sure you didn’t go out.” Soonyoung said that he was kind of repeating Seungcheol’s word to him earlier. Somehow, he was surprised that Seungcheol remembered every single thing about Jihoon. He who is Jihoon’s best friend sometimes didn’t remember Jihoon’s habit. Jihoon hummed and sat up, rubbing his eyes to ease his sleepiness. Soonyoung smiled and pulled Jihoon to stand as he guided the shorter outside the room. He brought Jihoon to sit on the chair near the counter and then went to get the food into the plate. Jihoon smelt something familiar and peek over.

“Is it-”

“Why?” Soonyoung asked as he put the plate of Jihoon’s portion in front of the shorter. Jihoon stared at the plate. His favourite beef naengmyeon.

“How you know I like this? I never mention it to you.” Soonyoung faked a confused face.

“It’s your favourite? I don’t know, I just buy because I crave some naengmyeon and my friend suggested a good place to have naengmyeon. They also give a big portion of beef.” Soonyoung retrieved the container that had a logo of the restaurant. Jihoon wrinkled. His favourite place.

“Okay. This is weird.” Soonyoung startled. “Who is this friend you’re telling me?” Soonyoung formed an O.

“Remember a guy that is just transferred into my class and become my seatmate?” Jihoon hummed. “He started to date a girl in my class and they had been there together. He told me about this place.” Jihoon was still having doubts but he let it go. The food made him hungrier. When Jihoon began to eat silently, Soonyoung exhaled inside relief that the other didn’t ask more or he feared that Jihoon could see through him. He was a bit bad in lying. Soonyoung was itching to mention Seungcheol’s name to start some conversations about the elder to the shorter but he held it until Jihoon finished his meal. He didn’t want to ruin his best friend’s appetite. They finished dinner without many words. Jihoon got up to wash his own plates and then left to Soonyoung’s room. Soonyoung sighed. While cleaning the table, he felt his phone vibrated. He took it out and read the message from Seungcheol.

“Jihoon, I step out for a while okay?” Soonyoung said and walked out the door. He went down the stairs and walked to the playground near the building where Seungcheol was waiting. Seungcheol flashed a smile when he saw Soonyoung.

“Here, I got some instant food and fruits for you two. Make sure Jihoon ate… and this is some money for him. You… tried to figure out some way so he could have this, eum?” Soonyoung just nodded and received the stuff. Seungcheol exhaled. “Did he eat already?”

“Yeah, he noticed it was from his favourite place but I put some lies.” Seungcheol nodded.

“Thank you Soonyoung. I’m sorry I had to burden you.”

“It’s fine hyung.” Soonyoung flashed a smile. “I know Jihoon for almost my entire life. He could be stubborn and harsh but he’s still my friend.” Seungcheol nodded, feeling relief Jihoon had someone like Soonyoung.

“Let me know when you ended school tomorrow, I will fetch you with food and send you home.”

“No, it’s okay hyung. I-”

“I just want to make sure you and him had a proper meal, ah, I’m sorry if I make you uncomfortable but-” Soonyoung exhaled.

“Okay, I will text you later hyung.” Seungcheol’s face lit up. Soonyoung just smiled. “I really hope Jihoon could accept you again. He really adored you as his hyung…”

Seungcheol smiled. “I’m trying and hoping for things back to usual.” Seungcheol’s voice trailed off slightly but he smiled later. “I shouldn’t keep you for long. Thanks for everything, Soonyoung ah.” Soonyoung nodded and Seungcheol left. The younger just watched the leaving back.

 

 

It had been four days since Jihoon came to crash at Soonyoung’s house. It was during lunchtime when Jihoon decided he was bored alone stuck in the house for three days so he decided to go for a walk and perhaps had lunch outside. Jihoon took off with Soonyoung’s spare key and began to wander around the neighbourhood. Soonyoung’s place was situated next to his own neighbourhood and it wasn’t that far. Jihoon looked at the time on his phone and decided to walk towards his house, thinking of taking some clothes – he was tired of Soonyoung’s weird taste of fashion. He walked to the elevator and pushed the number to his house. As he walked towards his door, the next door neighbour saw him.

“Oh, you’re home, son?” Jihoon just stared blankly and bowed out of courtesy. The lady beamed. “Skip school? Because this is a bit early.”

“I’m not feeling well.” Jihoon said lazily and walked his leaving. The lady just watched him, knowing Jihoon’s nonchalant attitude. She didn’t really mind, knowing teenagers like him quite rebellious these days. But she felt bad for the elder guy who was Jihoon’s guardian.

“I heard you transferred school again recently. Couldn’t you stop making problem? Poor your hyung, son.” Jihoon gripped the knob too tight and turned to the lady. He tried not to glare but his flaring eyes were evident.

“I hope you care more about your son rather than prying over my issue, ajumma.” Jihoon gave a slight smirk and got into his house with his own key. The lady sighed and shook her head.

Jihoon clenched his fist tight. ‘ you, hyung. Why everyone takes your side? I hate you.’ Jihoon stepped into the house and bit his lips when he smelt the familiar scent. His hateful brother’s musky mixed with cologne scent. Jihoon pinched his nose in disgust and walked to his room quickly, he just wanted to get some things and left. He opened the door and stood in slight shock. Someone was on his bed and that’s none other than his brother.

A groan heard and Jihoon stiffened. The smaller thought the elder was about to awake and Jihoon was more than ready to run off. But the elder seemed didn’t heard his entrance, the groan grew and mumbles heard. Curious, Jihoon stepped inside. From his standing, he could see Seungcheol was sweating under the cover. He found some medicines with a bottle of water on the nightstand. Jihoon wrinkled. ‘Is he sick? And why he’s on my bed?’ Jihoon gritted his teeth. He scanned his bed and saw Seungcheol was snuggled against his pillow, the one that he used to hug as well. “What-”

“Jihoon.” Jihoon startled and his eyes fell on Seungcheol’s eyes. But it was tightly closed. “Jihoon.” The weak voice now told Jihoon the elder was calling his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter