SoonSeok's Dumpster #3

(BxB) Seventeen's Dumpster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]You got me like boom boom[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Setting: College AU || Notes: This comes after HoshixYuju duet stage on MAMA2016. Please noted that they're in an art college that have 3-level of vocal, dance, rap and music producing class which they're required to pass it all to graduate and these classes can only be attended starting in first semester of second year. Hope you enjoy, more stuff is in my A/N[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Morning.” Seokmin flashed his megawatt smile while he sat at his place. His neighbour tablemate flashed a smile.

“Morning, Seokmin ah.” The silky long brownie hair fell down the shoulder beautifully as the other greeted Seokmin. Seokmin just beamed, began to take out his book preparing for the lesson even though he doesn’t like this whole music history class. But at least, there’s something make the boring class livelier.

“Seokmin ah, morning~” Here comes the rain to the drought, Seokmin thought. The newcomer sat the empty seat beside Seokmin. The radiant smell from the jet black shining hair comforted Seokmin’s dry soul. Citrus shampoo, Seokmin confirmed in his heart. He flashed a smile when his eyes met the tiny slits of the newcomer’s eyes. Cute.

“Morning, hyung.” Seokmin grinned. The newcomer looked over Seokmin.

“Morning, Yuju ah.” Seokmin’s shine smile flattered a bit. He looked over the girl, his neighbour tablemate Yuju or her real name Choi Yuna. There’s too many girls named Yuna in their batch and yet there’s two Choi Yuna in their music history class thus the class called his neighbour tablemate a nickname Yuju to avoid confusion. The girl smiled to his seatmate.

“Morning, Soonyoung oppa. You look cheerful today.” Yuju commented. The breathtakingly laughter made Seokmin froze as he turned to his seatmate. Soonyoung grinned.

“Because it’s Wednesday and we have dance class.” Yuju chuckled.

“As expect of the dancer Hoshi.” Soonyoung giggled and turned to Seokmin.

“Seokminie?” Seokmin startled.

“Huh?”

“What’s up?” Seokmin shook his head.

“Nothing, it’s just I remember I didn’t practice for my vocal class when you mentioned today is dance class day.” Soonyoung formed an O.

“Ah, right. You have vocal class while we have dance class.” Soonyoung said, stating the ‘we’ as in he and Yuju. “Eum, well, good luck to you. I wish I can help but I’m in the low-level class.” Soonyoung said and then looked over Yuju. “You can ask Yuju’s help? She’s on the high-level class for vocal, right?” Seokmin blinked.

“Ah, yeah.” Seokmin played with his fingers, unsure of what reaction he should do. Soonyoung raised his brow and leaned closer to Seokmin. The younger’s breath hitched.

“Well, you can use this chance to spend time with her. You like her.” Seokmin just smiled awkwardly and pushed Soonyoung a bit, muttering the teacher had come in. Soonyoung wanted to tease the younger but he noticed the teacher and saved it for later. Seokmin on the other hand bit his lips. He rubbed his nape, taking few breaths to calm down his heartbeat. He sighed inside. Just if hyung knows that I’m not into Yuju but instead…

 

 

Soonyoung walked with Yuju to their class after saying goodbye to Seokmin and promised to walk home together. Yuju turned to Soonyoung. “Oppa.”

“Yes?”

“Do you already have the partner for our final assignment?” Soonyoung glanced at the girl.

“Dance class?” Yuju nodded. Soonyoung shook his head. “Nope, why?” Yuju fiddled with her sleeves.

“Eum, did you heard about Eunbi?” Soonyoung raised his brow. “Eunbi is transferring next week; his parents are going to move to somewhere else… so I didn’t have a partner…” Soonyoung formed an O.

“Wanna do together then?” Yuju nodded and smiled.

“Can I?”

Soonyoung chuckled. “Nice, because I don’t know yet who should I ask, thought of finding partner today but I’m cool. Let’s do it together.” Yuju beamed.

“Thanks, oppa.” Soonyoung nodded and they walked while talking about stuffs on the rest of the journey. Once they entered the class, there were already half of the class waited for the teacher. Soonyoung and Yuju set aside their belonging and began to have a stretching, as usual. The two talked a bit and Soonyoung asked whether she had a chance to select a song with Eunbi previously.

“No, not yet because we’re afraid Lee sonsaengnim would give a subject that didn’t match our taste.” Soonyoung nodded. “We’re going to perform it on the school year-end festival, right?”

“Yup, that’s the final assignment for high-level dance class.” Their teacher walked into the class and they started the lesson few moments later.

On the other hand, Seokmin was skimming through his lyric sheet. He sighed. His friends in that class, Jihoon and Seungkwan raised their brow. “Are you okay?” Seokmin sighed.

“I forgot to memorize the lyric.” Seungkwan gasped.

“Oh my god. You didn’t. Yejin sonsaengnim gonna get mad at you.” Seokmin exhaled, almost sounded like a cry. Jihoon rolled his eyes and smacked Seungkwan’s head. Seungkwan whined.

“You’re not helping and yet your boyfriend won’t be appreciating your ‘oh my god’ there. Seokmin ah, don’t worry. Sonsaengnim is not that bad, just come out with a brilliant excuse or be honest. She will understand.”

“Hey, you just didn’t take side of your sister.” Jihoon narrowed his eyes on Seungkwan.

“Do you need to announce that? By the way, she is my half-sister.” Seungkwan pouted.

“Half or not…”

“Guys, you’re not helping me by bickering. I need to memorize this?” Seokmin said and Seungkwan smiled sheepishly. Jihoon exhaled and patted Seokmin’s back as an encouragement. Seokmin sighed and went back to his lyric while waiting for their teacher to come.

 

 

“Okay class, we’re done for today.” The teacher said. Seokmin, Jihoon and Seungkwan took a good breath of relief. Lucky for Seokmin, he didn’t get picked up by their teacher when Seokmin told the truth he didn’t memorize the lyric. “Seokmin, Seungkwan, Jihoon, wait for a while. The other, you can go home.” The three blinked and looked at each other. Suddenly, they’re scared.

The rest of the class cleared the classroom, leaving the three with their teacher. When there’s nobody left, the female teacher started. “So, I actually had something to discuss with you three.” They just stared at their teacher. The female teacher suddenly chuckled. “Yo, I’m not calling you to scold you, don’t worry. And this is not a class anymore.” Seungkwan was the first one to release his tensed breath.

“Ah, you scared us, noona.” Seungkwan said, dropping the formality. They’re closed with the teacher, given that Jihoon is related to the elder. Jihoon nudged Seungkwan.

“Tone down.” Yejin just smiled.

“It’s okay, Jihoon.” Jihoon exhaled and nodded. She looked at three of them. “You guys know about the school year-end festival right?” The three nodded. “Well, I know this class is the mid-level class and that festival is only for high-level class to participate but there’s a request from the principal to get few mid-level students to join the festival.” The three wrinkled.

“Why?”

“I don’t know exactly the reason, but all vocal, dance, rap and music producing teachers for mid-level class need to sign up three names from their class to send for the festival.” Yejin looked at them. “And I’m thinking to put your names.” The three startled.

“What?” Seungkwan looked at the other two. “Noona, why us?”

Yejin raised her brow. “Don’t you realize your rank in this class, mister? And this is not because I’m closed with you three; I know your talent, okay?”

“Saem, but the festival is big and we’re no one to compare to the high-level class…” Seokmin commented. Jihoon nodded along.

“Hey, don’t say like that. By the end of this semester, I already need to suggest the name to pass my class and you three are in the list to be promoted into the high-level class next semester.” Yejin sighed. “Come on, please, please. Go on the stage.” Yejin tried to persuade the three.

“I don’t want to perform. Tell these two to do it.” Yejin wrinkled.

“But Jihoon, I need to send three names.” Jihoon rolled his eyes.

“Find another one then, who’s the forth rank in this class?” Jihoon said. Seokmin muttered the name. Jihoon nodded. “Yeah, right. Take him.” Yejin sighed.

“Jihoon.”

Seungkwan looked over Seokmin. “Are you against the idea to perform on the stage?” Seokmin blinked. He thought for a while, the rest were waiting.

“I’m honoured…” Seungkwan nodded.

“Good, I’m okay too. Then, let’s go by my idea.” The other three looked at Seungkwan. Seungkwan smiled. “Sign up the name of us three.” Jihoon was about to protest. “Jihoon hyung would just be our producer. He needed to send his song to the festival for his music producing class anyway. So with that, we can take credit from the song as him joining the festival. You can record the dubbing of your voice thou.” Jihoon looked at Seungkwan.

“That’s-” Jihoon’s word was cut off by Yejin.

“Brilliant idea.” Yejin said to Seungkwan.

“Then, I will sing with Seokmin.”

Jihoon looked at the two. “Guys, the song I’m going to submit is a dance song.” Seungkwan blinked.

“Huh? What? I thought you’re going to submit 몰래 듣지 마요?” Jihoon sighed.

“I told you, the theme had change two weeks ago. It was exciting song theme now. So, I told my teacher that I will give him 붐붐.” Seungkwan gasped.

“Oh no.” Jihoon scoffed.

“Oh yes.” Yejin shook her head and looked at Seokmin.

“They never stop bickering.” Seokmin chuckled.

“Yeah, it’s in their routine.” Seokmin cleared his throat. “Now, now. How to solve the problem, back to the story, guys.” Seokmin said and the other two boys stopped their tiny bickering.

“Guess… we just do dance song?” Seungkwan said in wavering tone. “We have a month and half before the festival…”

“Seungkwan ah, don’t you remember we’re in the low-level dance class?” Seokmin said. Seungkwan sighed.

“I know! But I feel it’s a good chance, for Jihoon hyung, for us?” Seokmin sighed.

“Who is going to choreograph this song?” Yejin asked out of sudden. Jihoon raised his brow when the three looked at him.

“No way. I’m not from high-level dance class.” Seungkwan pouted.

“But your dance is awesome.” Jihoon narrowed his eyes. Seungkwan suddenly remembered something. “You have your awesome classmate from high-level class! Can we ask his help?” Seokmin blinked.

“Soonyoung hyung?” Seungkwan nodded eagerly. Seokmin rubbed his neck. “But he must be busy for his own performance too.” Seungkwan clicked his tongue.

“Just ask first, please. He can help Jihoon hyung with ideas. Ah, Jihoon hyung. Your class got the Chinese duo. The legends that jumped to mid-level from low-level class on the first day of school.” Jihoon scoffed.

“I will try asking them but don’t expect much, I’m not closed with them.” Seungkwan beamed.

“Great, we are good if we could get the help. And I’m sure Seokmin and I could get the dance nailed.” Yejin smiled.

“I love that confidence.” Yejin praised Seungkwan. “I’m going to sign up your names, then.”

Jihoon rolled his eyes. “I hope you won’t regret your decision, you fool.” Seungkwan pouted and sulked with Jihoon while Seokmin just watched, already used to the two. He was thinking at the back of his head of how he could ask Soonyoung about this.

 

 

They waved their hands to Yuju as Yuju took the left turn once they arrived at the junction. The two boys went straight from there. The silence fell before Soonyoung decided to talk. “Seokmin, don’t get mad.” Seokmin wrinkled.

“Huh?” Soonyoung turned to Seokmin, flashing a smile. Seokmin was captivated.

“Yuju’s partner for the year-end festival, Eunbi will transfer to another school next week and Yuju asked me to be her partner. Don’t be jealous?” Soonyoung said with a sheepish grin. Seokmin blinked.

“Oh.”

Soonyoung stopped. “Oh?” Seokmin turned to Soonyoung. “Oh, no. You’re jealous for real.”

Seokmin sighed. “I’m not.” Soonyoung shook his head and caught back to Seokmin who already walked forward.

“You’re! Eum, hey don’t worry. I won’t flirt with her. I know you like her. I don’t.” Soonyoung tried his best to convince Seokmin. The younger smiled.

“I doubt you don’t like her when you always look at her side.” Soonyoung startled and his cheeks painted red.

“I…”

“Hyung, I don’t mind. I’m not into her… that much. You have your chance. Go on.” Seokmin sighed inside. I don’t even have slightest interest in her. We’re just friend. Surely, Seokmin didn’t say it. He didn’t know why he let Soonyoung believed he likes Yuju.

“Emm, if… if you don’t mind then I- I think I want to confess after the festival.” Seokmin’s face changed a bit but he masked it well.

“Good luck. I will anticipate your performance with her and I’m sure she will accept you.” Seokmin gave his eye smile, masking any crack of his sadness from appearing on his face. Soonyoung grinned and thanked him. Seokmin bit his lips when he slowed down his step half-beat behind Soonyoung, his face hardened a little. His earlier plan of asking about the help for the dance was buried just like that. He didn’t want to snatch Soonyoung’s time with Yuju.

‘I should ask Chan.’ Seokmin said in his mind, remembering the youngest boy in their music history class who is the member of mid-level dance class.

 

 

“I get our junior to help.” Seokmin said when he, Jihoon and Seungkwan met on Friday for the discussion of their plan. Yejin was present too. “He will be coming later.” Jihoon nodded.

“I managed to ask the Chinese. Junhui worked part time so he didn’t have time to help but Minghao is willing. But there’s a problem.” The three looked at Jihoon. “We will talk when Minghao arrived.”

The door opened and revealed a boy that had similar height to Jihoon with bowl hair. “Chan?” The boy looked up after saying his greeting.

“Oh, Jihoon hyung.” Jihoon turned to Seokmin.

“The junior…”

“Yeah, Lee Chan. He’s in the same class with me for music history.” Jihoon formed an O.

“Great…” Jihoon turned to Chan. Chan rubbed his nape.

“Seokmin hyung, I actually need to tell you that-”

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m sorry I’m late…. Oh?” Chan’s words got cut off when someone appeared at the door. “Chan, you’re here too.”

“Seokmin hyung asked me yesterday to help them. So I’m here to tell him.” Minghao nodded. Jihoon exhaled.

“Great.” Seokmin looked at Jihoon.

“What happened?” Jihoon exhaled. Seungkwan, Seokmin and Yejin were waiting.

“Our teacher, Kim sonsaengnim put our names to represent mid-level dance class.” Minghao said. He pointed to Jihoon, Chan and himself. “Jihoon, Chan and me. Three of us.” Yejin blinked.

“Ah, you’re from Jongin’s class.” The three nodded. Yejin tapped her chin. “But I submitted Jihoon’s name first for vocal class.”

“We don’t know about that, Lee sonsaengnim.” Chan commented. Yejin sighed.

“I will talk with Jongin first.” Yejin decided to call Jongin and talked with him. The five boys looked at each other.

“This is messed up. I wonder why the principal wanted mid-level to present in festival.” Seungkwan sighed. Seokmin just patted his back. Yejin returned from having the call and gave them a smile.

“We’re lucky. The principal called Jongin already about this issue when he sent the form.” The five looked at the teacher. “We’re given choice to collaborate vocal and dance class together or either one of us – as in me and Jongin, to withdraw Jihoon’s name from one of the class and replaced him with someone else.” Yejin looked at them. “So the choice is in your hand. Do you want to collaborate? May I know you and Chan are in which level for vocal class?”

“I’m from low-level because of my pronunciation.” Minghao said. Chan told he’s in the same class. Yejin just nodded.

“So?” Chan and Minghao looked at the other three.

“We’re cool to join.” Seungkwan nodded to that and Seokmin turned to Jihoon.

“Jihoon hyung?” Jihoon sighed.

“Okay, I will go on stage.” Seungkwan cheered.

“Yeay! We’re going to be a great team!” Seungkwan gathered them for a group hug. Jihoon tried to escape but Seungkwan managed to get him together and Seokmin helped. The other two just chuckled.

“Anyway, you can start your plan to meet and practice. Jihoon, your song is done, right?”

“The guide yes, we need to record the MR if they’re going to sing.” Jihoon answered after he was released from the group hug. Yejin nodded. Chan and Minghao looked at each other.

“We’re going to sing?” Jihoon nodded.

“Of course, it’s vocal and dance class collaboration. We sing and we dance.” Chan and Minghao blinked.

“O- okay.”

“No need to worry, I have an idea.” Jihoon said suddenly when he saw the reluctance in the two’s voice. Seokmin, Seungkwan and Yejin raised their brow, curiosity raised to Jihoon’s word. They knew Jihoon is a genius when it came to music arrangement and they wondered what kind of performance they will get from this collaboration.

On the other side of the school, Yuju and Soonyoung stayed back for their practice. “I can’t believe our teacher randomly took songs from the music producing class submission and made a draw.” Soonyoung chuckled.

“But we’re lucky, aren’t we?” Yuju smiled.

“Right, how did you draw my song, gosh.” Soonyoung laughed to her reaction.

“I like it anyway and seriously, I already have some idea.” Yuju looked at Soonyoung. “We’re asked to take only part of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter