JiCheol's Dumpster #16

(BxB) Seventeen's Dumpster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]"Dad, I saw mom." | Alternate Finale[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Setting: Normal adult AU || Notes: I finally did this lol (still I think the plot is messy ugh)[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Hansol looked at the man on the bed solemnly. When he was back from school today, he found his dad lying on the floor unconscious. He got a bit late as the club activities had been started in the third week of school. He didn’t expect to meet such situation when he entered the house. His dad was looking better after the high fever he got that day. Even though his dad always spaced out and looked solemn, his health was just fine despite the doctor’s word that worried about the relapse. Hansol was convinced that it was just fine, his dad was fine. But he was very wrong. His dad hid it so well from him.

“I’m sorry, Hansolie. But your dad…” Hansol bit his lips.

“It happened, isn’t it? The cancer relapsed, right?” Joshua bit his lips and nodded reluctantly.

“How about surgery?” Hansol questioned after few moments of silence. Joshua bit his lips.

“Hansol… I know you’re aware the fact that this relapse… a surgery won’t be the best option…” Hansol messed his hair.

“No, there must be a way. I can’t let dad died, no!” Hansol harshly wiped his tears. “No, he should live. We-”

“I’m sorry, Hansol. I’m very sorry.” Joshua moved to hug Hansol. His heart clenched seeing the young boy’s tears. Fate surely was cruel to the Choi.

“Han- sol.” Hansol blinked his tears away as he looked up. A weak smile under the oxygen mask prickled Hansol’s heart.

“You’re awake, dad?” Seungcheol moved his head up and down lightly. “How are you feeling?”

“Numb and uncomfortable.” Seungcheol’s weak voice sounded so soft. “Hansol.”

“You’re going to be fine.” Hansol smiled as he reached to hold Seungcheol’s hand. Seungcheol stared at his son. “You’re going to be fine and returning home with me. You’re going to work again and we live like usual.” Hansol sniffled. “You’re going to be fine.”

“Hansol, son.” Hansol moved to wipe his tears, his one hand clutched dearly to his dad’s hand. “Don’t cry.”

“I’m crying because I’m happy you’re awake.” Hansol tried to lie but Seungcheol knew better. Hansol couldn’t hide from him.

“Hansol, no matter what, don’t tell them anything.” Hansol looked at Seungcheol. “Your mom. And Chan. Don’t said anything.” Hansol bit his lips.

“Why?”

“Please, do me this favour, son.” Hansol and Seungcheol looked into each other’s eyes for a while before Hansol reluctantly nodded. Seungcheol smiled softly, holding his son’s hand tighter. “Tell me, how’s your school? I’m curious.” Hansol lightly smiled, knowing his dad tried to change the topic.

So he did. He told his dad about him joining a soccer club like how both of them shared same liking in that sport. Seungcheol was happy to hear that and Hansol also told him he gained so many friends in that club. Hansol described the friends he have and then remembered about an incident in their class. Hansol also reminisced on an embarrassing thing he did during Math class. Seungcheol listened intently and chuckled lightly to the funny story. Hansol paused after he’s done with a story about his classmate tripped over because of a cockroach.

“And… I talk to Chan occasionally. He didn’t bring up about that day but he did ask about you sometimes.” Hansol looked at Seungcheol. “Chan accepted that I’m his elder twin and you’re my dad. Just I’m not sure either he knew what happened in the past…” Seungcheol nodded lightly.

“It’s okay… he doesn’t hate me?”

“I think he doesn’t because he still cares to ask about you.” Seungcheol smiled.

“That’s good enough for me, Hansol. But even he hates me, it’s still understandable. Treat Chan well for me?” Hansol smiled and nodded.

“Of course, he really feels like someone I know for long the first day I met him, dad. I will take care of him as a good brother should.” Seungcheol smiled proudly.

“Thank you, son.”

 

 

Chan looked at his mom across the table. “Mom? Are you okay?” Jihoon blinked and looked at his son. He curved a smile.

“I’m fine. Just thinking about work.” Jihoon gave a more convincing smile but Chan knew better it wasn’t a true smile. Chan opted not to ask as he knew his mom won’t tell even if he asked. He’s used to Jihoon who would tell if he wants and said nothing if he didn’t feel like sharing. Chan had grown old enough to pick up his mom’s habit.

“Oh, mom. I’m joining baseball club, we have training after school on Monday and Thursday. I will be late on those days.” Chan said as he took a spoonful of rice and meat. Jihoon hummed.

“Call me after you done, okay? I’m still picking you up.” Chan grinned.

“I know.” Jihoon smiled. They ate quietly. Jihoon’s mind was travelling back in the past. He didn’t know why but since the unexpected encounter, Jihoon couldn’t stop thinking about him.

“Hey.” The smiles exchanged.

“Hey, you’re here.” Jihoon hummed as he was given a kiss on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter