Chapter - 9

Is That Him

It has been a week Jihyo become Gary’s slave. She has get uses to her routine. She must fit Gary schedule. Every morning, with all the wakeup call, to the caramel macchiato, then texts Gary to tell him what is she doing and will be doing. She will accompany Gary to soccer field at the evening and at night, they will be calling. There nothing much to talk, even, Jihyo, herself don’t know what is the point for him to call her.

It is true that they know Kwangsoo. Kwangsoo thanks her for make his dream to be friend with the trio become true. The trio now is his best buddies, but, as a maknae, he always been bullied to buy and to bring this and that.

For that one week, she knows Haha and Jongkook better. Haha is one of an important person in baseball. He is the best pitcher for his team. Jongkook is a rugby player. It matches with his builds. He is the captain and the hooker for the team. Gary is captain for soccer team. Only now Jihyo knows what Kwangsoo means by the trio are best in their uni.

Through the week, Jihyo also feels a strange vibes every time she brings Byul along when she meets Gary. She feels that Byul and Haha have some feeling to each other. She notices that the ways Haha looks Byul is different from the ways he looks at other girl. She must admit that Haha is a playboy as compare to Jongkook and Gary. But, still, she feels the vibe.

***

It is Saturday. Jihyo is still sleeping when her phone beep. She ignores it, after a few minutes, her beeps again. She turns to the other side and hug close her pillow. Her phone rings and pick up the call. Jihyo was about to say hello when the other yell at her. “Why are you not replies to my message?” It is Gary. “Sunbae.” Jihyo says with her husky voice. “Mian, I just wake up.” Jihyo is yawning. “What kind of girl is you that only wake up at this time? Forget about it. I’m on my way to your house.” “My house? What the occasion sunbae?” “Get ready, I’ll be there in 20 minutes and if you still not ready..” Gary leaves the word hanging.

“Hang up. I’ll can be sues because calling while driving.” Gary continues and hangs up the call. “Who the one call actually yet put the blame on me.” Jihyo complaining and stare at her phone. “I want to relax. I want to have today by myself. I just want lay on my bed and turn around then sleep. What wrong with this old man? Can’t he just leave me to have my weekend?” Jihyo keeps on complaining and make her way to the bathroom.

***

“Where are you going Noona?” Kwangsoo asks when he sees Jihyo coming out from her room. “I don’t know. Sunbae calls and said that he gonna pick me up. I’m doing my duty as his slave. And it is because of you.” Jihyo walks to the kitchen. “Then what’s with the book?” Kwangsoo points at the books that Jihyo brings along, ignoring what Jihyo says. “He messaged me to bring along my work if I have them.”

“Where are you going Jihyo-ah?” It is Mrs. Lee who asks. “ I’m going out with my sunbae.” Jihyo says as she heads to the shoes racks. “Your sunbae?” Kwangsoo teases Jihyo. “Do you want a hit?” Jihyo fists her hand. “Just go to your sunbae.” Kwangsoo says then laughs.

Gary is waiting in the car when Jihyo comes out from the house. He is scrolling his phone and Jihyo knocks at the window. Gary unlocks the door but still focus on his phone. Jihyo settle down her herself with the seatbelt and put her bag to the back sit. She looks at Gary who is still focus on his phone. “Sunbae?” “mmm” Gary replies without takes off his eyes from the phone screen. Feels a little bit annoyed, Jihyo press the honk, Gary is startled. His phone drop to his lap and Jihyo takes it.

“If you call me just for sitting in the car and you playing with your phone, it is better you don’t call me. You wake me up from my most important time. You better drives to where you want to take me before I get out from the car. And when you’re driving, I’ll have your phone as you said you don’t want to get sue.” Jihyo says then face the front.

Gary is still looking at her. He tries to capture what was Jihyo say just now. Jihyo turns to Gary, “What? Let’s go.” Jihyo says and Gary pulls on the gas. Jihyo doesn’t know where they’re heading but soon, she feels sleepy and dozes off.

***

“Oyy, wake up. We’re here.” Gary wakes Jihyo up. “Where’re we sunbae?” “My house.” Gary says and walks to the door and enters the password. Jihyo steps out of the car and stun at her view. The house has an English style house.

“Sunbae, do you live alone here?” Jihyo asks and Gary nods at the question. “Wahh! What kind of person lives alone in this big house? Don’t you feel afraid sunbae?” “Afraid of what?” Gary asks as he steps into the house and Jihyo follows him.

“Staying alone at the house?” “Then, do you want stay with me?” Gary chuckles at Jihyo when she glares at him. Jihyo is surprise when she enter the house, it design with a modern English vintage style. The living room are decorates with full black and white colour. The furniture is black in colour and the walls are paint in white. A chandelier hangs at the centre, right above the tea table.

“Close your mouth, mosquito or fly might get into your mouth.” Gary smirks at Jihyo and grabs her lips to close . “Sunbae!” Jihyo pushes Gary’s hand and heads to the couch. “Who is actually the owner of the house?” Gary talks to himself.

“I didn’t bring you here for you to relax.” Gary looks at Jihyo who is sitting at the couch. “Then why did you? You ask me to bring along my book, isn’t it for a relax session?” Jihyo asks and Gary shakes his head and points to the kitchen. There are many plates in the sinks. Jihyo looks at Gary with a puzzle look. “Don’t give me that face. I know you know what I mean. But, before that, I want you to tidy up my room.”

“Sunbae..” Jihyo words are hanging as she cannot find any word to argue with Gary. She gets up and looks to the left and right, looking for Gary’s room. “That is my room.” Gary walks from the kitchen with an apple and a glass of milk to the living room and sits. Jihyo looks at the room that Gary points to.

Jihyo feels like screaming when she gets into the rooms. The room is totally in mess. The clothes are hanging here and there. The books and papers are all mess on his study table. “Aigooo, this old man! How can a person sleep in this messy room?” Jihyo murmurs alone while ties up her hair into bun.

She starts her works with the clothes. She put the clothes into the basket and straightens the bed sheet. “What a square head he has? He called me in early Saturday morning and disturbs my sleeping time just to tidy up his house.” Jihyo talks to herself when she tidy up the bed.

“I haven’t had my breakfast and he make me do all this stuff.” Jihyo walks to Gary’s study. She arranges all his books and papers. There’re some papers with word scribbling, a poet maybe.  She notices that there is a frame of Gary hugging a woman and a man from the back. His parents maybe, Jihyo thoughts.

“They’re my parents.” Gary suddenly says and makes Jihyo startled. Gary is standing at the door when Jihyo hold the frame. He was observing her when she cleans the room. Jihyo puts the frame back. “Ohh, chincha?” Jihyo arranges back the books on the book shelve that is beside the table. “Don’t forget to clean my bathroom.” Gary says and walks back to the living room.

 “What?” Jihyo fists her hand and sits at the chair near the table. She looks back at the picture. She suddenly stands up and bows. “Annyeonghaesayo ommoni, I’m Jihyo, Song Jihyo. I hope you don’t misunderstand with my situation right now. I’m not just a random girl that come your son house. It is difficult for me explain.” Jihyo lets out a deep breath and sits

“Ommoni, actually, I don’t know why is sunbae does this to me. He always bullied me. He makes me becomes his slave. I have to give him caramel macchiato every morning and I have to use my own money. Isn’t that is a crime to girl like me? I have been saving for years and now, I’m using it for him. Then, I have to go with him to the soccer field and I just sit there watching at him running here and there.”

 “One more thing ommoni, he always pinched my nose and my cheek. Now, see what he does to me, clean up the house on Saturday. Good day to sleep. Isn’t ommoni? There was one day, he gave me a coke and the coke..pfft.. I don’t know how to describe the feeling.” Jihyo says as she recalled back the moment Gary gives her the coke.

“Ommoni, how come a beautiful woman likes you have a cool-hearted son like him?” Jihyo look at Gary face in the picture, he is smiling with full of happiness. “Isn’t it good if sunbae is smiling like this, ommoni? I love to see his cheekbone.” Jihyo points at Gary’s face. “Eyy, ommoni, don’t think that I like your son when I told you that I like his cheekbone. Don’t get it wrong ommoni.” Jihyo shakes her head and smiling at Mrs. Kang picture.

“Am I blushing ommoni? No, it just I feel hot. Then, I’ll continue to do my work ommoni.” Jihyo walks to the bathroom but turns to the table and bend down to the picture. “Ommoni, please make it as a secret between us. Ok?” Jihyo is whispering with her low voice. Jihyo nods and smiles at Mrs. Kang as if she is really standing in front of her before make her way to the bathroom.

***

Gary is cooking when Jihyo comes out from his room. Gary is too focus that he didn’t realise that Jihyo is standing at the dining table. Jihyo takes her sits and watches Gary cooking. Gary turns to take some ingredients from the fridge and only then he notices that Jihyo is sitting at dining table. Gary smiles at her before continue to cook.

“Do you need help sunbae?” Jihyo asks after a moment watching Gary cooking. “If you can takes out the drink from the fridge please? Be careful.” Gary is still cooking and Jihyo gets up from her sits and walks to the fridge. She takes the orange juice from the fridge and the glasses from the cabinet.

“Sunbae, I’m done.” Jihyo walks to Gary. Gary didn’t notices that Jihyo is walking to him when he turns and the side dish spilled at Jihyo’s t-shirt. “Didn’t I tell you to be careful?” Gary raises his voice a bit and Jihyo is shocks. She feels like crying suddenly. Gary walks to the dining table and place the food on the table, Jihyo is still standing there.

“Mianhe, come, let’s eat.” Gary says and wipes Jihyo’s t-shirt. He grabs Jihyo’s hand and walks her to the dining table. Jihyo pins her eyes to the floor as she feels a little bit offended when Gary raise his voice. “Let’s eat Jihyo-ah.” Gary says and Jihyo suddenly smiles at him and eat along.

After they done eating, Gary reaches out for the drink and chuckles. Jihyo is still focus on her food raises her head. “Wae sunbae?” “Who drinks juice for lunch?” “Me, wae? Is it wrong?” Jihyo looks at Gary as she didn’t find anything wrong of drink juice for lunch. “I don’t drink juice after lunch. I only drink juice in the morning.” Gary says as he walks to the fridge and takes out the plain water.

“Make sure you clean all the mess after eat.” Gary says and walks to the living room. He turns on the TV and laughs loudly when he watches the program. Jihyo looks at the sink, there are many plates and glasses that she needs to wash. How many persons actually staying at the house?

She feels angry at Gary but still thanks him for making the lunch for them. Gary must good at cooking. They had bibimbap for the lunch and it is good. Gary is laughing and Jihyo looks at him. ‘Isn’t it is good if you can laughs like that when you with me?’ Jihyo talks by herself.

Jihyo walks to the living room after she finishes clean the kitchen and all the dishes. “Sunbae, I’m done.” Jihyo walks to Gary and she was about to sit at the couch when Gary speaks. “Yah, don’t sit here.” “Then where should I sit? Why can’t I sit? I had done all you want me to do. Can’t you at least give me some time to relax?” Jihyo glares at Gary.

Gary shocks at Jihyo’s statement. “I didn’t say you can’t sit. I just say don’t sit here.” “ What are the difference?” Jihyo murmurs. Gary takes her hand and brings Jihyo to the bedroom. “What are you doing sunbae?” Gary smiles at her and raises his eyebrows.

“What do you think that I wanna do to you?” Gary says with his cheeky smile.

 

Here are the update. Hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you for all the comments, I really appreciate them. Btw, keep strong with all the bashing from them. Keep on sailing in the ship and believe. Stay strong!