Chapter - 34

Is That Him

It is the 4th day after the misunderstanding day happen. Gary still avoid from Jihyo by coming home when he knows Jihyo is going to work. Sleeping at the couch, waiting for Gary seems like a new routine for Jihyo for the pass 4 days.

                It is the lunch time and Jihyo looks around the café, looking for Gil. “Jesu-ssi!” Gil waves at Jihyo and smiles at her. “Mian, it is so hard to find parking here.” Jihyo says as she sits. “It’s ok. Let’s eat first before we talk. Isn’t ok?”

                “Ok. But, it is on oppa ok?” Jihyo says and laughs softly as Gil makes his ugly face.

                ***

                “That’s why I don’t believe you when you said Gary want to break up.” Gil wipes his mouth before drink his juice. He studies on Jihyo reaction as she reads the paper that he gives her just now. He notices that Jihyo traces something on the paper.

                “Isn’t he? He even craves and scribbles your name around the paper.” Jihyo nods slowly as she reads every single word that Gary wrote.

Beauty? Is that enough to describe you?

You walk into my life and make it shines,

Should I make you be mine or shouldn’t?

I’m keep on debating on myself

Comparing myself to the other bastard guys

What do I have as compare to them?

What I’m good and what is my charm?

c/o Battling and debating,

      That is what I’m keeps doing when I see you.

Pushes you away when you’re near

Am I a bastard?

I don’t think so

A bastard will never get you

But, I get to love you.

Break up? Only bastard will do that.

  Rep c/o

Now that you’re mine,

Thought you’ll feel annoyed,

I’ll keep on saying that I love you

Again and again

And it is true that beauty is not enough to describe you.’

               

                “So? Do you get my point?” Gil looks at Jihyo. His intention for showing the lyrics that Gary wrote is because he loves to see Jihyo around, taking care of Gary when his parents are away. He wants Jihyo to be one of his families.

                 Jihyo nods slowly, “oppa, where is Gary oppa? Is he at the company?” Jihyo asks excitedly. When she reads every word she feels that she wants to meet Gary as soon as possible. Gil frowns, “You problem really serious isn’t? You really don’t know? He’s at home.”

                Jihyo stares blankly. “But he’s not there when I come home.” Gil sighs, “If that is the issue, then I can’t help you. What I know is that he’s at home. Maybe he’s not ready yet to meet you that make he keeps on avoiding from meet you.”

                Gil frowns when Jihyo looks like going to throw out. “Jesu-ssi, kwnechana?” Gil pats her back awkwardly. He can imagine how furious Gary will be if he sees Gil pats his woman. Jihyo shakes her head a bit before runs to the washroom.

                She kneels and tries to throw out but nothing come out. She closes her eyes and tries to calm herself. She washes her face and goes back to Gil. She can see his worries face clearly. “What’s wrong jesu-ssi? Do you feel unwell? Do you want me to bring you to the clinic?”

                Jihyo shakes her head a bit, Gil helps her to sit. “It’s ok oppa, you told me that Gary oppa is at home right? I’ll just call the office and take MC. He can take care of me.” Gil starches his neck, “Are you sure you’ll be ok? Can you drive home?”

                Jihyo nods before gives him a weak smile.

                ***

                Jihyo bumps with Gary at the doorway. She smiles at Gary and notices his unshaved face. She tries to touch Gary face when he flinches that make she feels hurt a bit. “Oppa, where’re you going?” She notices that Gary wears his jacket and snapback.

                “Somewhere.” Gary says coldly. He is avoiding from any eye contact with Jihyo.  Jihyo suddenly hugs him when he wants to open the door that make he froze. “I miss you.” She whispers but still can make Gary hears to it. Unwelcome tears rolling down her face.

                Gary can feel that his clothes getting wetter. She is whining with her hands tightly grips around his body. He wants to break the hug but this is what he had been missing for so long. He wants to hug her tightly like he use too but…

                Gary walks to the door after break the hug. “Oppa, do you still want to go? please don’t go. I miss you.” Jihyo whines make Gary stops from his step. He turns when he hears something is dropping on the floor and Jihyo is laying there.

                “Jihyo-ah.. don’t play around. Jihyo-ah..” Gary slaps her face softly in between calls her name. “Damn it!” He curses himself for not take care of Jihyo like Mr & Mrs. Lee told him. He scoops her before lay her on the bed.

                He pushes her hairs strands backwards. He feels so hurt when he only notices that her face is pale with her dry lips. ‘When did she last eat?’ Jihyo’s hand wanders around the bed, searching for something. “Oppa.. oppaa..” She murmurs. Gary grips her hand, “Please don’t go..” She says with her eyes close.

                Gary kisses her hand long. He feels like crying but he hold back. He lay next to her and like she always do, she snuggles to him and hugs him close. “I miss you.” Jihyo still murmurs and grips tightly on Gary’s t-shirt. Gary plants a very long kiss on her forehead.

                ***

                “Thank you Byul-ahh..” Jihyo says to Byul as they sit at the waiting zone. Byul came and insisted to bring her to the clinic. When she woke up, Gary is nowhere to be seen. She tears up but when Byul told that Gary is the one who called her to bring Jihyo go to the clinic, she smiles like a fool.

                “Mianhe Byul-ah, Gary oppa shouldn’t troubles you.” Byul smiles at her words, she knows that her friend is having problem with Gary. “It’s ok Jihyo-ah. Besides I have nothing to do at home. If I knew that I’m gonna married to a rich man, I’ll never trouble myself to continue my study.”

                The ladies laugh at Byul’s statement. Jihyo pats Byul’s belly, “How is our Dream doing in there?” “I’m doing fine aunt.” Byul says with her playful voice. “Dream-ah, you gonna have a dongsaeng.” Byul says as she looks at Jihyo who smiles shyly.

                “Have you called him?” Byul frowns when Jihyo shakes her head, “I’ll tell him tonight. I’m gonna make all the thing clear tonight and I’ll propose to him.” Byul shocks at her statement, “Am I hearing to the right thing?” Jihyo nods.

                “Are you crazy?” Again, she nods. “I’m crazy for him.” Byul gives Jihyo her annoyed face. “You two give me goose bumps.”

                ***

                Jihyo is cooking happily at the kitchen. She just can’t stop smiling and giggling when she recalls on what the doctor says. She even chuckles when looking at the couch. The incident at the couch has leads to her condition now.

That night, both are annoyed to one another just because the egg burn and they had to eat ramen.  They’re throwing the pillow to one another face before runs around the sofa. Gary jumped across the couch and they had a pillow fight. Gary tickled Jihyo that make the house filled with screams and laughs.

But, the laughs and screams lead to something else. She smiling at the memories and her belly softly. “Child, appa gonna be soo happy for you.” She had messaged to Gary telling him to come home for dinner and he say ‘yes’. The simple word is a good sign from Gary, telling her that he forgives her.

The sound of the password been enters make she jumps at bit. She stands and straightens her clothes, ready to welcome him. “Oppa, you’re here.” She says sweetly and kisses his cheek. Gary just keeps on silent before goes to his room.

Jihyo smirks, “He didn’t flinches when I kiss him. A good sign, good job Jihyo-ah.” She pats her owns bottom, “Now, let him shower.”

Everything is ready, the food and some candles on the table will lighten the mood. She feels so excited just thinking about Gary reaction on her surprise. She hides the ultrasound under Gary’s plate. She claps silently to her hard work.

She turns her head his room when the door open. Her heart skips a beat when Gary is walking out with luggage. “Oppa, what is this?” Jihyo holds on Gary’s arm and points at the bags. “I’m going.” The short word from Gary has make Jihyo feels like the whole world is falling.

“Wae? Why are you going?” Jihyo says. Gary silent kills her slowly. She reaches for one of the bag and puts it away. Gary snatches the bag from Jihyo that make her eyes wide open. He has never been this rough to Jihyo. “Oppa, don’t scared me. Let’s just have dinner and talk all about this. Ok? Don’t be like this. I had cook for you. You the one that says you want to taste my cook right? now, I have cook for you, so, let’s eat.”

Gary still froze at his position with his eyes fix on Jihyo. “What?” she asks softly, “We’ll unpack after we eat, ok? Come.” Jihyo says and pulls his hand. “oppaaa..Let’s eat.” Jihyo is whining and tears strolls down her cheek. “oppaaa…”

“Khemanhee..” Gary says weakly. “It is so hard for me.” He adds without looking at Jihyo even a glance. Jihyo hits him on his chest repeatedly and whines, “What is it so hard? What is it?” Unwanted tears keep on pouring down her face. What hurts her the most is Gary’s silence without looking at her.

The password been enter make Jihyo loose her grips on Gary shirt. She’s looking at Gary face, asking for an explanation. “Oppa, are you done?” A girl voice breaks the silent in the house. “Ohh, annyeong..” The girl greets Jihyo before turns to Gary. “I thought that oppa need some help, that’s why I come.”

Jihyo froze and stuns at her position without any suitable word. Her heart break into pieces when Gary smiles at the girl, “Ani, I’m coming after you. Just wait in the car.” He says with his low voice that he always use when he comforts Jihyo. “Arrasso. I’ll be waiting for you.” The girl says and bows slightly at Jihyo and walks out of the house.

Jihyo looks at Gary, waiting for his explanation but to her disappointed Gary ignores her and walks away. She grabs on his arm, “Oppa, who is that girl? No one other knows our password. Neither Kwangsoo nor aunt.” She asks with her shaking voice. Gary tries to push Jihyo hand away when Jihyo shouts at him, “I’m asking you who is that girl? Who’s that ?!”

“Jihyo-ah!” Gary shouts at her. He has never raises up his voice on her. The way he raises his voice hurt her the most. “Why? Why can’t I call that girl as ?! When she is?! Why you must piss off? Wae?!” Jihyo feels there is no need to hold it all back.

Gary tries to walk away but her grips on his hand so tight. “Oppa..don’t do this to me..cheballl…oo.. oppaa…khajimaaa..i love you..” she is pleading with her whining voice. “Kraeee.. I know my mistake, I went lunch with Minho-ssi without telling you but we met at the restaurant. Rijin unni and Sungkyung were also there.”

“I’m sorry because called you childish for being jealous. I should know how much you love and care on me. so please, don’t go.. we can talk all over again on this matter. Have you forget about you promise to stay with me for the next 300 months? I need you to make it become reality. Let’s just live together.”

Gary smirks, “Do you still hold onto that stupid promise? You’re so innocent.” He chuckles a bit that make Jihyo heart cut deeper. “Ooo.. I still believe on that promise.” Gary smile faded away when Jihyo says so. “Kang Gary that I know will never break his promise.”

“I can’t.” Gary says slowly. “Wae? Wae? Why can’t you? Let’s just call that girl and tell her to go home, ok? Where is your phone?” Jihyo searches thoroughly on Gary’s pocket. Gary holds on her hands that make she looks at Gary with a confused look. “Pleasee…”

Gary is begging to Jihyo. Jihyo just can laughs weakly at him before her grips become loose. “But, in your lyrics said that only bastard will go and leave me.” Jihyo looks at Gary who is at the doorway. She can’t find any reason to hold back her tears when Gary let go her hand.

“You can just think that I’m one of the bastards.” Gary says with his almost whispering voice but loud enough for Jihyo to hear. Jihyo stuns at his word that make she gapes and she feels like breathing is the most hard thing to do.

She almost flops on the floor when Gary wraps her and kisses on her lips. She is readily welcome the kisses with her hands careless his face. Gary breaks the kisses with both are panting. Gary rests their forehead on each other.

“I’m sorry.” After the words, Gary walks out of the door, leaving Jihyo standing there alone. Her knees become weak and she flops on the floor. She knows that she can runs to Gary and hold on him and begging for him to stay, but her legs can’t support her to do so.

 

 

*i'm sorry for the lyrics part. it was like ???? but i hope you'll enjoy this chapter as well. till the next chap....