Chapter - 24

Is That Him

Jihyo turns to Byul, “Promises me if I tell you this, you will never tell anybody, even Haha oppa?” Jihyo says and gives Byul her pinky finger. Byul smiles and gives her the pinky promises. Jihyo sits up straight and Byul follows her. She can feels that the things that Jihyo gonna tell is a serious matter because of Jihyo’s tone.

Jihyo reaches for Byul hands and holds them tightly. Jihyo takes deep breath several times before start. Byul rubs Jihyo hands and keeps on looks at her, gives Jihyo times before tell her ‘the thing’. Jihyo looks Byul to her eyes and start to tell her about what happen at Haha’s birthday party. She tells Byul the whole story and tries her best not to cry. Byul listens to Jihyo’s story without a single word. Jihyo also tells Byul about Gary confession.

“That’s why I can’t accept him. I’m afraid he is only sympathy and pity on what had happen. I hate to think that he is only love me because the feeling of guilty.” Jihyo starts to cry with that in her thought. Byul pull Jihyo’s chin up and her cheek softly, “Do you love him?” Jihyo nods slowly and Byul wipes her tears.

“Have you confessed?” Jihyo shakes her head at the question. Byul hits her shoulder, “Stubborn girl. Didn’t I tell you to confess? Why didn’t you?” Byul hits Jihyo once again when she shrugs. “I’m afraid that he says he wants me to become his just because he feels guilty and that will make one day he walks away and leaves me alone.” Jihyo becomes teary.

“I just can’t imagine not having him around. The 1 week when he didn’t talk or even see me has makes me realise one thing.” Tears scroll down on Jihyo face. Byul holds Jihyo hands together to tell that she is listening to her and waiting for her to continue. “I realise that I can’t live without him around and I can’t bear to face it for the second time if we in relationship and then break up.” Jihyo sighs.

“Let him and me just be friend, cause I think that is the better way to make sure that he will always be by my side.” Byul wipes Jihyo tears with her hands, “Why are you crying? We come here to enjoy. What’s wrong with all this tears?” Byul says and smiles at Jihyo. Jihyo hugs Byul, “Am I doing the right thing, Byul?” Byul nod, “Always follow your heart in whatever condition and believe in yourself.”

***

“What’s wrong with your eyes Jihyo-ah? They’re swollen.” Gary says as Jihyo and Byul come out of the room. He Jihyo cheek and Jihyo slaps his hand away to hide her blushes, “I just wake up from sleep. It’s your fault.” Jihyo says and walks in hand with Byul. Gary and Haha looks at one another. They walk after the ladies, “What is my fault?” Gary asks as the make their way to the beach. The hotel they stay facing the sea.

“You the one who said, we will just relax and only tomorrow we will do all activities. And now you call us to come when we just unpacked our things.” Jihyo mumbles. Haha grabs Byul hand, “If in that case, let me have Byul have our time together. You, ahjumma, just go and enjoy your time with Gary hyung.” Haha says and the couple runs to the sea. Byul is screaming when Haha splashes the water to her.

Gary put his hand around Jihyo shoulder, “Do you want to wear the bikini that I mentioned?” Gary whispers to Jihyo.  Their body pin to one another and this send shiver to Jihyo body. Her heart pound hard and she glares at Gary. Gary eyes pins to the sea. “Or, do you want to wear the lingerie? I’ll rent another room for us. Just for us.” Gary smiles cheekily and Jihyo smacks his head. “Are you crazy?”

Jihyo turns and when she about to walk away, Gary pulls her hand and makes her to sit with him on the sand. Jihyo glares at him and suddenly he gives a peck on Jihyo cheek. Jihyo was about to smacks him once again and Gary gives her a peck on lips. Gary lay on her lap and closes his eyes. “If you dare to smack or hit me again, I’ll give a real kiss to you.” Gary says with his eyes close.

Jihyo looks at Gary who close his eyes and to her surprise, Gary opens his eyes. He takes both her hand and gathers them in his. He interlocks them and kisses them, “Do you want me to kiss your hands or your lips?” Gary says when Jihyo pulls her hand. Gary leaves her with no choice and she decides to just let him hold on her hands.

Gary chuckles at Jihyo when she sighs, he pinches Jihyo cheeks softly before turns to face the sea. The sun is about to settle down. They keep on that position without any word and watch the sunset. “Isn’t it beautiful Jihyo-ah?” Gary asks after a moment. “Mmm.” Jihyo murmurs to Gary with her eyes watch the sunset.

“I like sun.” Gary says suddenly. Jihyo frowns to Gary, “Why is it?” Gary holds his grips on Jihyo hands tightly. “When I was a child, I thought that it is sleeping. It will be missing at night and shine in the morning. Actually, it is not missing, it just our earth rotate.” Jihyo become more mong with what Gary is saying.

“So what is the point Mr. Kang Gary?” Jihyo says and smiles when Gary chuckles as she calls him Mr. “The sun will always shine when morning come. The sun is a symbol of loyalty.” Gary turns his body and looks up to Jihyo.

They’re looking at each other, “Can you please be like the sun, become the sunshine to my life? I want you to be my and only. I want you to stay there and shine my way.” Gary says.Jihyo can’t deny that she can feel the honesty from the way Gary says them.

She is actually like it when Gary lay on her lap because she likes to have Gary closer. She sometimes doesn’t want to be greedy but she wants to have Gary on her own. Jihyo tries to resist herself from fall for Gary, but, she just can’t.

“Wowww, looks at the lovebird.” Haha teases Gary and Jihyo. He is walking in hands with Byul who is smiling all the way. “I can feel the love in the air.” Byul says and reaches for the water from Jihyo. “I think so honey. The air full with all the love and can you smell it honey? The love is burning hot.” Haha says and Byul sniffs. Jihyo blush when Byul nods to Haha.

“When will Jongkook oppa and noona come?” Haha asks to Gary who is still lays on Jihyo lap. Jihyo tries to push his head away but, he pulls it closer. “Their flight is on 6, they will arrive tonight.” Gary says and stands up. “Let’s go back to the room. You and Byul need to fresh up.” Gary looks at the couple clothes. Their clothes are all wet and cover with sand.

Haha nods and reaches for Byul hand. Gary reaches out his hand to Jihyo. Jihyo slaps his hand away and walks by her own. Gary smirks at Jihyo as she walks away. He walks closer to Jihyo and interlocks their hand. “Stay still or I’ll kiss you now.” Gary her hands. “On lips.” Gary says when Jihyo tries to pull her hand.

***

Jihyo just comes out from bathroom when Byul hands her a box. Jihyo gives out her puzzle face to Byul. Byul shrugs and heads to the bathroom. Jihyo dries her hair and walks to the bed with the box at her another hand. She opens the box, there’s a card and a necklace. She reads the card.

‘Dear Song Jihyo-ssi. All that I can be thinks is you and Jihyo and Song Jihyo. I have been planning for our future all day long without knowing why. But all the things that I have been planning can only be complete by you. If you wear the necklace, it means that you’ll complete me, but if you don’t, then, I understand. See you for the dinner tonight. -Gary- ’

Jihyo looks at the necklace and the card repeatedly. At some point, she really wants to accept Gary but on the other side, she feels afraid if Gary mixes up the feeling of love and sympathy. It is when Byul waves at her that she backs to reality. “What is in the box?” Byul says and walks to the closet.

“Haha oppa and Gary oppa came and gave it to me when you’re showered. Gary oppa said it is for you.” Byul turns and walks to Jihyo. Jihyo eyes fixes on her who is wondering what is inside the box. Jihyo gives the card to Byul and she reads it. She glances at the necklace and sits next to Jihyo. She reaches for Jihyo hands, “What’re you planning to do?”

Jihyo rests her head on Byul shoulder. “I just don’t know what should I do?” Jihyo lets out a heavy sighs. She closes her eyes trying to get some strength.

***

“Gary! Haha! Annyeongggggggg!” Gary runs to Eunhye and wraps his hands around Eunhye. They just like a dance couple and Haha runs to them. He is helping Eunhye to balance herself. Eunhye laughs at them and they walks to the dining table.

“Jongkook hyung might kill me if he knows what had happened.” Gary says and looks to the left and right. “What had happened?” Jongkook says as he approaches the table. He sits next to Eunhye naturally. Eunhye laughs at Gary who is fills with a guilty looks.

“Nothing. I was about to fell to the floor and Gary saves me just now. But, he has his hands around me. It is my shoes, the heel break” Eunhye explains to Jongkook. Gary eyes pins to the floor, “Chincha? It’s ok Gary-ah. I should be thanked to you for saving my love.” Jongkook says and interlocks his hand with Eunhye.

Eunhye smiles shyly at Jongkook. She can feel the warm from what Jongkook said. She turns to a girl that comes to their table. The girl sits next to Haha and Gary is turning to the left and right, seem like he is looking for someone. “This is Byul, Haha girlfriend,” Jongkook says to Eunhye and she nods.

“Byul, this is Eunhye noona, Jongkook hyung fiancée.” Haha says and Byul eyes wide open when he says that Eunhye is Jongkook fiancé. “Gary oppa, you better go to Jihyo. she has been misunderstanding about you and her.” Byul says and points to Eunhye.

Gary seems cannot understand what Byul is talking about. “We saw that you hugged her. Jihyo says that she’s not hungry and walks back to the room.” Byul tells the real situation. They’re entering the food court when they saw Gary has his hand around Eunhye waist. Byul saw Jihyo face change when she saw that.

Gary runs to the elevator to catch Jihyo. It seems like everything had been plan when he manages to catch up Jihyo and she is the only person in the elevator. Jihyo shocks when Gary comes to the elevator. She is the only person in the elevator.

 She tries to press the button but Gary is much faster and closes the elevator. Gary presses the 24th floor and Jihyo gives her puzzle face. That is not where their room located.

Gary leads Jihyo to a room. Jihyo froze at the entrance and Gary takes her hand to sit at the couch. It is a suite. The room has a living room, a mini kitchen and a big bedroom. Jihyo walks backward and pulls her hands from Gary grips. She feels like tearing but tries her best to hold them.

“What’re you running from?” Gary says and tries to make eyes contact with Jihyo. Jihyo hits him repeatedly without a word. “You bastard! You jerk!” Jihyo says after she hits Gary. “Why do you give me hope when you already have someone else?” The tears that Jihyo has been holding burst out.

“Are you jealous?” Gary smirks at Jihyo. Jihyo glares at him, “Hey, I’m asking you, are you jealous right now?” Gary repeats the questions. Jihyo steps backward with her eyes still on Gary.

 “Yes, I am. Why? Can’t I?” Jihyo raises her voice. Her legs hit the couch and she sit on them. She is hugging herself. “I hate it the most when other woman can touch you when I can’t. I hate the most when they can hug you when I can’t do so. I hate the most when they flirting at you and you pay attention to them. I hate those who sway their hips just to grab your attention and you enjoy it. I hate it the most.” Jihyo lets out all of her dissatisfaction.

“Why do you make me become your slave and make me fall for you in the same time? Jerk! Bastard!” Jihyo says and hits Gary who now is kneeling on the floor. Jihyo wipes her tears, “I can’t be the one who complete what you had planned.” Jihyo says and walks to the doorway.

“But you’re wearing it.” Gary says and Jihyo stops. Jihyo grabs the necklace that she wears. She has decides to give Gary and herself a chance. But, it crushes when she saw Gary was hugging a girl. She also remembers Soelhyun hugs him during the tournament. Tears keep on scrolling on her cheek.

Gary turns her body to face him. He touches the necklace that she is wearing. “I told you, when you wear this, it means that you’ll complete me. But, why do you say that you can’t complete me when you wear it?” Gary says with a low voice and wipes Jihyo tears away. “You’re wrong Kang Gary-ssi.” Jihyo says and pushes Gary hand away.

“The feeling that you have is only a pity feeling for what had happened to me. I told you, I won’t kill myself because of the incident. So stop force yourself to love me when you’re not.” Jihyo says and her back hit the wall behind her.

Gary slams his hand on the wall and Jihyo is stuns. “If I force myself to love you, then, let’s do this.” Gary kisses Jihyo on lips. Her eyes wide open but, she seems like to enjoy the kiss and closes her eyes. The kiss is so tender and Gary plays with her upper and lower lips. Their tongues are rolling to one another.

Gary wraps his hands around Jihyo and pulls her closer. He broke the kiss after a moment. Jihyo opens her eyes and looks at Gary with a questioning looks. And only then she realises she was kissing him back. Gary smiles sheepishly at Jihyo.

“You will be short of breath if I continue.” Gary says and traces Jihyo lips. He can feel the wetness from their kisses. Jihyo is blushing and Gary chuckles at her. “Your lips are so soft when you’re crying.” Jihyo looks into Gary eyes and feels something is pulling her to Gary.

 

 

Here is the update. Hope you’re enjoying it. Prettychim-ssi, I hope this chapter match your imagination and thank you for the idea.