Chapter - 10

Is That Him

“What do you think that I wanna do to you?” Gary says with his cheeky smiles. Jihyo eyes widely open due to Gary’s question. “ What do you mean sunbae?” Jihyo stuttering with her low voice. She feels a little bit afraid when she sees Gary’s smiles.

Gary flicks Jihyo forehead. “I just want you to change your clothes. The dish spills on your clothes right?” Gary walks to his closet and takes one of his t-shirt. “Here, use my clothes. Just leaves your clothes here.” Gary says and pats Jihyo’s head. “I won’t hurt you.” Gary says and walks out the room. He closes the door and walks to the living room.

Jihyo touches her chest as she feels that her heart is pounding hard. She looks at Gary’s clothes and smiles. ‘It smells like sunbae.’ She says to herself and walks to the bathroom to change her t-shirts to his.

 “What are you watching sunbae?” Jihyo walks to the living room after changes her clothes. The t-shirt is a little bit bigger for Jihyo and makes Jihyo feels some swag.

“Are you done? Come, sit here. You say that you want some relax right?” Gary says to Jihyo as she walks to the living room and she nods. He pats the space next to him but Jihyo choose to opposite Gary. “I won’t send you home if you don’t sit here.” Gary glares at Jihyo and she gets up to sit beside Gary.

Gary puts his arms around Jihyo’s shoulder and Jihyo glares at him. Gary ignores Jihyo and his eyes pins at the TV. “If you don’t want to go home, keep on looking at me, don’t watch the TV.” With that word Jihyo turns her head to the TV. It is a Chinese movie, Secret. Jihyo doesn’t understand the story and become sleepy. Maybe she is too tired from all the cleaning.

Jihyo wakes up after a few hours. Gary is not there when she wake up. Jihyo says to herself and reaches for her books from her bag. She is reading when someone opens the door. It is Gary. He must just come back from a jog when looking at his t-shirt.

“Are you wake up?” Gary asks and Jihyo nods at the question. She smiles at Gary, “I’ll send you home after I take my shower. Wait here.” Gary says and head to his room.

***

“Good night. Rest well and thank you Jihyo-ah for the cleaning.” Gary says as they arrived at Jihyo’s house. “Thank you sunbae, for sending me home.” Jihyo looks at Gary when she was talking. “I’ll not call you tonight. Yo..” “Wae?” Jihyo cuts Gary before he finishes talking. Gary smiles at Jihyo, “You say that you want some rest. Tomorrow is Sunday, so rest well. I’ll hang out with Haha and Jongkook hyung.” Jihyo mong at Gary’s answer.

“Ok then, drives carefully sunbae.” Jihyo says and step out of the car and make her way to the house. Gary drives away and head to their hang out place.

 

***

Her phone beeps. She receives a message, it is from Gary. ‘Where are you?’ ‘Café, waeyo sunbae?’ She touches the send icon. Her class has done. She just finishes meet up with her group mate to discuss the design for their next modelling class.

Life as a student is always busy with all the assignments. Some lecturers only give two weeks or even one day to complete the assignment, if the assignment is simple. Sometimes, Jihyo feels tired and want to quit from all off this stuff, but she can’t. If she quits and stops, what will she becomes. She must pay back all her aunt and uncle’s deeds during these 5 years.

“Oyy, slave. What are you thinking? Seems like something serious.” Gary says as he approaches JIhyo who is sitting. He is wearing grey sweat jacket with matching black sport pants and his most important things, black snapback.

 “Ohh sunbae.” Jihyo smiles at Gary. “What were you thinking?” Gary keeps on insist Jihyo. “Nothing, it just something.” “It has no something after nothing.” Gary says to Jihyo.

“I just think what will I be if I’m not here. What if I am not Song Jihyo and not studying right now? What if I just a normal girl outside there? Have no direction for their life.” Jihyo says then smile at Gary. She doesn’t know why she feels comfortable to talk and share her mind with Gary.

“Why do you think all that out of suddenly?” Gary as he feels it is weird for Jihyo to talk things like. “It just sometimes I feel tired with all our routines. We are always rushing in everything and sometimes we have no much time to enjoy even a simple thing.”

Gary pinches Jihyo’s nose. “Sunbae!” Jihyo stamps her legs. “What’s up to you? Are you sick?” Gary places his hand on JIhyo’s forehead. Jihyo pulls back her head. “Aniyo sunbae.”

“Good then. Come, let’s go to the field.” Jihyo  looks at Gary, she is puzzle at Gary statement. “What?” Gary asks as Jihyo gives her mong face. “I’m wearing dress, how am I going to jog?” Gary pinches Jihyo’s nose for one more time. It is true that Jihyo is wearing a peach knee length dress.

“Have I says I wants you to jog with me? I just want you to come with me. I’m having my soccer practice. I need you to get me some water later.” Jihyo smiles as she hears to Gary’s statement. “Then, let’s go. Go! Go!” Jihyo shouts happily and jumps a little. “Oyy, slave.” Gary calls Jihyo and she turns. “Here. Don’t be to relax.” Gary hangs his sling sport bag at Jihyo’s necks. “It is heavy.” Jihyo complains with a low voice yet Gary still can hear.

“What were you saying?” Gary asks. “What? Who is talking? It just the wind.” Jihyo gives her fake smile and walks away, leading their way to the soccer field. “Who is the one actually has soccer practice?” Gary mumbles to himself as he follows Jihyo.

 ***                                      

“Ohh, captain. You’re here.” Soohyun greets Gary and only then he sees Jihyo. “Ohh, who is this, captain?” Soohyun points at Jihyo and greets her. “I’m Kim Soohyun. I’m captain’s hoobae.” Soohyun says and thumbs up. “Ohh, I’m Song Jihyo.”

“She is my friend. You missed the practice before right? that’s why you don’t know her.” Gary says and warm up for his practises. He then gives signal to Jihyo to sit on the bench. Jihyo looks at the bench and Soohyun notices that the bench is full with other player sport bags. He moves his bag and gestures to Jihyo to sit down. Jihyo nods and smiles at Soohyun. “Thank you Soohyun-ssi.”

 Gary looks at them and says, “Do you know each other?” “Aniyo captain.” Soohyun said. Gary looks at Soohyun and Soohyun feels something different at his captain gaze. “I think I better go for a run.” Gary smiles at Soohyun.

Gary s his jacket. He is wearing a black jersey inside. He looks at Jihyo, she is trying to adjust her dress. Gary places his jacket on Jihyo knees. “It is better for you to wear skinny or pant. You look better in them.” Gary puts his snapback onto Jihyo’s head, “It’s gonna hot, you’ll get burn.” Gary then runs to the field and take his position. One of the player out as he enters.

Jihyo admires at Gary charisma when he is playing. He runs here and there with the ball. Sometimes, he laughs at his teammate mistakes. What are playful sunbae? Jihyo smiles at his behaviour.

“Hey beautiful.” Jihyo turns to the voice. There is a man with a blue navy jersey approaching her. “Annyoeng, I’m Choi Minho. You must have used to people say that you’re beautiful as you turn as I say beautiful.” The man says and takes a sit next her. “You’re captain friend right?” Jihyo nods at Minho’s question.

“I’m Song Jihyo.” Jihyo says then turns her head back to the field. “You must love him that much.” Minho says. “Huhh? What do you mean? What love?” Jihyo shocks at Minho statement. “Our captain.” Minho replies. “Eyy, sunbae and I ? We’re not in that kind of relationship. You must be misunderstanding.” Jihyo tries to hide her nervous face.

“If you’re not love him then what are you? The way you look and smile at him tells everything. One interesting fact for a man and a woman relationship. They will never be ‘just friend’.” Minho smiles at Jihyo and Jihyo goes blank at that word.

“Ohh, Minho-ah. Are you not practice?” Soohyun approaches the bench to get his drinks. “I was about to go.” Minho says to Soohyun then looks at Jihyo and smiles. He then runs to the field.

 “What were you talking about with Minho just now noona?” Soohyun asks. “Eyy, am I noona to you?” Jihyo asks and Soohyun nods. “You’re captain’s friend,means you must be a noona to me. I’m only at my 2nd sem.” “ohh, you’re sure much younger than me. It’s nothing. Just..” Jihyo words are hanging as she doesn’t know how to explain.

“Forget about it. Just tell me how did you get to join soccer team?” Jihyo tries to change the topic and Soohyun gets excited to tell her about his hardship in getting into their uni soccer team. They laugh when Soohyun tells about how fear he was when Gary trained him at first. And when times goes by, he founds that Gary is a kind and charismatic leader.

“What are you two laughing at?” Jihyo and Soohyun turn to the voice in sync. It is Gary. “Ohh captain. Nothing, it just..” “There is no it just after nothing.” Gary glares at Soohyun, then looks at Jihyo. “I’m thirsty.” Soohyun gets up from his sit, “I’ll take my leave”, he bows and walks away.

“Ohh Kang Gary, you must be popular that make your hoobaes respect you.” Jihyo says to Gary and hands his bottle to him that she gets from his bag. Gary chuckles at Jihyo and sits beside her. “Just only now you know your master is a popular person. You had waste your one week with me without knowing that I’m that popular. Aigoo.” Gary pinches Jihyo’s cheek.

Jihyo glares at Gary and slaps his arm. Gary laughs at her and rubs his arm. “Why do you like to pinch me? I have no much fat and yet you keep on pinch me, then all of my fat will be gone.” Jihyo is complaining at Gary.

“Then, who ask you to have that plump cheek and pointed nose?” Gary says and leaves Jihyo to silent. Both facing the field and stay quiet for a few minutes. “Oyy, slave. You still know that you’re my slave right?” Gary suddenly asks. Jihyo nods at the question but Gary is facing the field so he asks one more time.

“Nae, I know that I’m your slave. Why out of sudden?” Jihyo asks as she feels a little bit upset. “I bring you here not for you to talk with others. You’re my slave, so you must watch me playing. I don’t like it when you look at other, do you get me?” Gary says but still facing the field.

“Nae sunbae. I understand.” There’re silent between them. “Sunbae, Soohyun told me that you never bring any girl here before? Waeyo sunbae?” Jihyo breaks the silent.

 

 

Till the next update...