Chapter - 30

Is That Him

                Few months after Jihyo starts her work, she brings Gary somewhere. She smiles when looking at Gary who is in his deep sleep at the passenger seat. ‘What he does at Gil’s company that make he tired?’ Jihyo says by herself with her eyes focus on the road.

                “Where’re we Jihyo-ah?” Gary rubs his eyes, trying to figure out where they are. “Your voice is so y when you wake up oppa.” Jihyo teases him. Gary rolls his eyes before notices the surrounding.

                “Where’re we? Hotel? Are you going to me?” Gary says ‘nervously’ to Jihyo. Jihyo gives her annoyed face, “You’re so sick oppa. Am I looks so desperate to you?” Jihyo says between her smiles and steps out of the car.

                “then, tell me where’re we going?” Gary whines at Jihyo as he tries to match her steps.

                ***

                “Welcome to our home.” Jihyo spreads her hands, welcoming Gary into the house. She smiles as she looks at Gary who is amazed walking into the house. “Whose house is this? Have you changes your work to thief?” Gary slides open the door to the veranda.

                “Nae! I turn to be thief just to have this house. Is that satisfied your curiosity?” Jihyo smirks at Gary. He chuckles at Jihyo as she looks mad at his question. “Mian..mian..” Gary forces Jihyo to look at him. “Seriously, who is house belongs to?” Gary makes a sad face to Jihyo that make her laughs.

                “You always make me laugh.” Jihyo looks at Gary. Gary is still waiting for her answer, “It is ours oppa.” Jihyo clears the curiosity. She nods when Gary seems not believe in her words, “Don’t you the one who always say that you want to live with me? I don’t want people to think that I’m going out with you because of your money, so, I must have something to prove my words.”

                “Besides, if something happens in our relation, I don’t want to live hanging. At least, I’ll have something  to hang on if you walk out from my life.” Jihyo feels that she is tearing. Gary wipes her tears and pulls her into his embrace. “But, can you please never walk away from my life oppa?”

                “I’ll think about it.” Gary teases her and receives hits from her. “Oppa!” Jihyo gives a warning to him not to make joke on serious matter. Gary laughs softly and pats her head, “Stop thinking that I’m gonna walk away from your life but, start to think on how to tie me till die to you.”

                “Let’s keep on love each other on our every waking day and fight like crazy when we have problems in future but still keep each other close.” Gary forces Jihyo to look to him. “That is my promise to you. Is that enough?” Jihyo nods and pulls back her head when Gary tries to kiss her.

                “So, let’s move in next week.” Jihyo looks around the house and pictures the deco in her mind. She turns to Gary when he gives no responds, she smirks when he is folding his arm and pouting.

                Jihyo approaches him and gives him a peck on cheek. She raises her eyebrows playfully and Gary pays back with a peck on her lips. She smiles cheekily, “Is that yes?”

                ***

                “Why do you suddenly call us Haha-ah? Is everything all right?” Jongkook asks as he slurps on the chicken soup. All of them are there, Gary, Gil, and Kwangsoo. He notices that Haha is not eating his food even when the others are busy with theirs.

                “Everything is ok. Just I feel to hang up with you all. It’s been so long since we have men talk.” Haha blurts out but the others seems not understand what he’s talking about. “Hyung, it is 4 days ago we hanged at Gary’s place. We helped him and noona move in to their house.” Kwangsoo says with his mouth full with food.

                “Do you miss me that much Haha-ah?” Gary teases Haha. “What’s going on Haha-ah? Are you fighting with Byul?” Gil asks due to his concern. All eyes on Haha, wait for his explanation. He sighs, “Can we talk after eat?”

                ***

                “How is the feeling to live with him?” Byul asks Jihyo as they order the soju and chicken feet. Byul called Jihyo and asked her to go out with her. She smirks as Jihyo blushes at her question. “You’re so in love.”

                Jihyo frowns at Byul, “Looks at who’s talking here? Am I the only one?” Byul laughs at her, “Nae, you’re the only person that keeps on in love with the same person for almost 1 year.” Byul says and shakes her head, disbelief at the fact that she just said.

                “So? How is it?” Byul asks the same question. “It’s…good..” Jihyo says. “Good? What’s good? By any chance, have you?” Byul asks Jihyo with her hands give some signal, referring to what she means by.

                Jihyo slaps on Byul hands hard, “Are you crazy?” She turns to the left and right to make sure that the other customers are not listening to their conversation. “How can you ask me about that thing in this open place?” She asks with her almost whispering voices.

                “Have you or haven’t you?” Byul still insists to her questions. “We haven’t! Is that enough?” Jihyo says with her annoyed voice. “Are you sad because of you haven’t?” Byul teases her. “Yahh!” Jihyo blushes and both laugh at what they converse.

                “Enough with me. What about you? How is you and Haha oppa?” Jihyo still focus on the chicken feet that they ordered. No responds from Byul that make she raises her head and looks at Byul. She looks at Jihyo, trying to say something, but it looks so difficult to spill it out.

                “The truth is, Haha oppa…”

                ***

                “Proposed?” They say in almost sync that make people look at their table. “You don’t have to be that shock.” Haha says to them before drink on his drink. “Are you serious?” Gil asks, just to release the awkward moment. Haha nods, and looks at every one.

                “I don’t want her to go if I have something that solid to make she stay longer.” Haha says. Gary clears his throat, tries to find word, “Don’t you think it’s too early?” He blurts out and Jongkook nods at Gary.

                Haha chuckles, “It was never too early or too late for us to fall in love so, why bother about being too early and too late when it comes to marriage issue?” Gary and Jongkook seem in their deep thought, thinking on what Haha just said.

                “Your case is different from mine hyung. You stay in the same house with her and you can see her every single day you wake up. It is so hard for me hyung, both are busy with our own career. At least, if we married, she will always be there.” Haha looks at Gary who nods at his statement.

                ‘Are you talking about hard? Mine is harder Haha-ah, I have to control myself thought she’s there.’ Gary sighs at his thought. The other still silent after what Haha says. “Why don’t we get married together hyung?” Haha suddenly breaks the silent.

                He is looking at Gary and the others also looking at Gary, waiting for his answer. Gary laughs awkwardly, “Jongkook hyung is yet married and you ask me to married?” He tries to be funny by mentions Jongkook and Eunhye relationship.

                Jongkook hits him at head, “Aigoo, do you think that I’ve never thought about marriage? I do have that in my mind and we had discussed about it. It turns out Eunhye asks for 2 more years for her to focus on her job.” Jongkook says as he recalls how did Eunhye convinces him to wait for 2 more years.

                No responds from any one at the table. All seem in their deep thought, especially the trio. Gil and Kwangsoo look at one another. Kwangsoo pours the soju to everyone glass, “Let’s drink!” Gil also joins, “Cheer!” And the trio also join in.

                ***

                “So? What is your answer?” Jihyo feels so excited just to imagine Byul’s wedding. Byul sighs at her, “I haven’t gives him any answer. He gives me time to think.” Jihyo hits her on arm. “What is there to think? The answer will always be yes. Am I right?” Jihyo smiles cheekily at Byul and pours her another glass of soju.

                “I just don’t know Jihyo-ah. I want to say yes but I’m afraid if I make a wrong decision?” Byul gulps on the soju. “You have nothing to lose Byul-ah, if you say yes. Some people marry without love still can be happy for a long time. Why when you and Haha oppa love each other like crazy can’t be happy?” Jihyo make up words to make Byul agrees.

                “Ahh! I don’t know!” Byul suddenly shouts that make the other customers look at their table. jihyo apologizes to the other by nods a bit to them. “Oyy, keep it low can’t you? People are looking.” Jihyo looks furiously at Byul.

                “Haha oppa.. a man.. they make me headache.” Byul says word by word as she’s getting drunk “They’re complicated.” Jihyo nods at Byul before takes another glass of soju. “But Jihyo-ah, did Gary oppa ever asks you the same thing?” Byul blurts out.

                “What thing?” Jihyo asks blankly to Byul. “Are we talking about food? About marriage of course.” Byul says with her annoyed tone as she getting really drunk. Jihyo traps in Byul question without any answer. 

                ***

                “Drive safely Haha-ah.” Gary waves to Haha. He then smirks at the person who is resting her head on his shoulder. His hand is at the person waist as he tries to balance her body to stand straight. He smirks at the soju smell that covers his favourite scent.

                “Ohh, Kang Gary-ssi. You’re here?” Jihyo grabs Gary face in between her hand. She squeezes his face and pinches his cheek. “I have been missing you like crazy but you go out with your friend and my cousin. What should I do to make you become mine? Completely mine?” Jihyo mumbles.

                “We should go home now. That is what we should so.” Gary says then piggy back Jihyo. “You have loss some weight. Do you have many works to do? Is it difficult?” Gary says as he makes their way to their house. Luckily the place that Jihyo went is near to their place.

                “It so annoying oppa.” Jihyo mumbles as she rests her head on Gary shoulder. “What is so annoying?” Gary asks. “When you go to your friend. Can’t they just leave you alone? Kwangsoo too. He should go meet some girl so he’ll happy.”

                “Why do you say so Jihyo-ah? Don’t you like it when I go out with them?” Gary pouts though Jihyo can’t see. “Aniya, because you’re mine I feel jealous.” “Jealous? They are all men Jihyo-ah.” Jihyo tighten her grip on Gary neck. “Because Kang Gary is mine.” The words make Gary smirks before fasten his pace to their place.

                ***

                Jihyo spreads her hand to the other side. It is weekend and she always has her warm ‘pillow’ for her to cuddle. ‘Where is him?’ With that in mind, Jihyo walks to the kitchen and there he is. Her man is cooking. “Oppa..” Jihyo calls him with her husky voice.

                Gary laughs softly looking at Jihyo condition. Her hairs are in mess and she is massaging her head. “How much actually do you drink?” Jihyo smiles cheekily, she can’t recall how much did she drink.

Gary gets the juice from the fridge and hands the glass Jihyo. She shakes her head, “Wae?” Gary asks. “Because I haven’t brush my teeth.” “Why haven’t you?” Jihyo puts her arms around Gary, “Can you please do it for me?”

Gary rubs their nose together, “My girl with her aegyo. Come.” Gary pulls Jihyo to the bathroom and looks at their reflection. ‘Beautiful.’ The one and only word every time he looks at Jihyo.

Gary starts with washing her face before brushes her teeth. Jihyo laughs cutely as Gary brushes her teeth. She loves to be pampers by Gary. Gary wipes her face till dry. Jihyo gives him a peck on lips as their morning kiss. “I don’t think I know how to brush my own teeth after this.” Jihyo says cheesily.

Gary pouts and folds his arms together. Jihyo frowns, “Wae oppa?” “I thought that I had done everything but I can’t get my proper morning kiss.” Gary turns to the other side before sighs heavily. “I was expecting for a long kiss. What a waste.”

Jihyo smirks at Gary words before make him sits at the tab edge. She grabs the shave foam before spread them on his chin. “They’ll hurt me.” Jihyo says as she reaches for the razor. Gary grabs her hand, “Are you not going to make me get a cut? You’re still drunk.”

Jihyo flicks Gary on his forehead, “Does that make you believe me? Just keep quiet. You’ll get cut because you keep moving not because I’m drunk.” Jihyo says before starts to shave Gary. Jihyo is too focus on the shaving that make she doesn’t realise that Gary’s eyes are on her all the time.

“It all done.” Jihyo says and stuns as Gary kisses her lips. Both are smiling between the kiss and both are panting when Gary breaks the kiss. “I just feel like kissing you.” Gary says before pulls Jihyo into his embrace. Jihyo hides her face on Gary chest.

“Let’s eat.”

***

“What’re you talking with Byul last night Jihyo-ah?” Gary asks as he feds Jihyo the fried rice. They’re sharing food in the same plate. It’s not that they don’t have their own plate but both like this way better. Both will take turn to feed one another.

“Nothing much. It just women talk.” Jihyo reaches for her juice. She feels wronged for lying to Gary. But, she just doesn’t want Gary to feel offended is she tells him. Gary careless her cheek, “Hey, what is it? Do you think you the only one can detect if I’m lying? What is it?”

Gary knows that Jihyo is hiding something from him. She will avoid eyes contact and looks blank as she is actually debating whether to say the truth or keep on lying. Gary her hairs, “Do you want to share to me?” Gary tries to pursue Jihyo.

“Oppa, let’s just live the way we are. Don’t waver at people words. Ok?” Jihyo says full with hope. “What’s going on?” Gary is still her hairs. “The truth is, Byul told me that Haha oppa proposed to her.”

She continues as Gary nods to her, “I’m happy for them but, Byul asks me if you ever talk about marriage to me.” Jihyo notices that Gary’s facial expressions change. Gary clears his throat and avoids her eyes. He reaches for his milk and smiles awkwardly to Jihyo.