Chapter - 31

Is That Him

“Gary-ah, are you ok? It seems like something is bothering you.” Gil taps Gary shoulder before gives him some massage. Gary rubs his face before looks at Gil. He can’t lie to Gil as they’re cousin. It is not only because Gil is his cousin, he just can’t lie.

                Gary closes his eyes and rests his head on the couch. Gil reaches for the paper on the table and reads the words on them. Some words seem like be cancels and they’re not matching to one and another.

                Gary works at Gil’s company as one of the composer. He is not working with Gil actually, he just do it for fun. Gil sense Gary can make music when he listens to the way Gary talks and he once saw Gary wrote something like a poem. It turns out Gary wants to help him in music and they works together.

                “Is there anything you want to share with me?” Gil asks Gary one more time. He knows, there must be something bothers his cousin that makes him become so quiet for the past few days. Gil massages his shoulder to help him release some stress.

                Gary lets out a heavy sighs that make Gil become sure enough that he has problems. The last time Gil saw Gary this moody is when Jihyo’s terms to be his slave almost end. “What is it Gary-ah?” “Is it Jihyo?” The ways Gary looks at Gil when he mentions Jihyo makes him smiles.

                “What is it this time?” Gil plays with his eyebrows by raises them repeatedly. “I just feel guilty for her.” Gary rubs his face repeatedly. “Do you remember the night when Haha called us?” Gil nods to Gary.

                “Byul called Jihyo and asks her to hang out with her. Byul told her that Haha proposed to her. She seems like happy for Byul but I’m afraid she’s broken inside as I never mention marriage to her.” Gary rubs his head when Gil gives him a smack on his head.

                “You have her by yourself but you never mentions about marriage? I thought that you really love her.” Gil shakes his head to disbelief. Gary looks at him with unspoken look. “I do love her.” “Then, why did you never mention about marriage to her?”

                Gary looks at the wall blankly. He tries to find any suitable words for Gil question. Why does he never mention about marriage to Jihyo. “You must tie her in order to have her around you forever.”

                “Loving her with all your heart does not mean that she is yours. I know that you and Jihyo love each other with all you have. But still, you must have something that gonna make you last longer.” Gil pats Gary shoulder when he seems in a deep thought.

                “I gonna get some drink from pantry. Do you want anything?” Gil stands after a few moments when Gary doesn’t give any responds to his words. Gary looks up at Gil before he shakes his head to Gil.

                He is still thinking on Gil words. He has the point at it. ‘Loving each other doesn’t mean that she mine forever. But, we both had promised to take this relationship slowly. What should I do?’ Gary thought by himself.

                ***

                “Jihyo-ah.” Rijin waves her hand at Jihyo who seems in deep thought. Jihyo shakes her head a bit before smiles to Rijin. “What is it Unni?” Jihyo looks at Rijin. “What’re you thinking? I called you for many times. It looks like you’re thinking about the country problem.”

                Jihyo laughs softly, “Chincha? Mianheyo unni. It’s nothing Unni.” Rijin raises her eyebrows a bit, “Ok then. Here. The reports that you need to go through.” Rijin hands Jihyo a file. “Thank you.” Jihyo looks at the report and smiles to Rijin, “Work hard and no more daydream Jihyo-ah.”

                Jihyo flips on the report before reaches for her phone in the drawer. No messages or calls from Gary. It has been a very awkward time for her after she told Gary that Haha proposed to Byul. She knows that Gary feels guilty for not doing the same to her.

                But.. Jihyo sighs at the words but.. But, both have agreed to not rush their relation to the point that both will regret. That is why she never brings up the marriage issue in their relationship. She just wants to enjoy every moment that she can make with Gary.

                To have Gary on her owns means a lot to her. She feels like her life changes when Gary came. He teaches her to smile and enjoy on every single thing even though it just a simple stupid thing. Having him around has thought her to appreciate everything in life.

                It must be crazy but sometimes, when Gary comes home late, she feels afraid and nervous. She has the habit to think negatively, she always has this kind of mind. What if he doesn’t come home? What if he can’t come home because of other gi..

                Jihyo shakes her head to dismiss the stupid thought. She tries to read the report before lets out a heavy sigh. Her eyes fixes on the bracelet that around her wrist. The bracelet Gary gave a day after they moved in.

Flashback..

                “Thank you for moving in with me. This is my gift to you.” Gary wraps the bracelet on Jihyo wrist. “It supposed to be given on our 200th day, but, at that time, we were having an issue.” Jihyo chuckles when she recalls that they fought because of her work offer.

                “The 100th day goal has been achieved and it exceeds 100 day actually. So, now, I’m making a new proposal to you. Can you please be with me for the next 200 weeks?” When Jihyo was about to answer to Gary, the doorbell ring

                Gary shakes his head, “We sure have issue with the doorbell. We better not have one.” Gary mumbles in his annoyed tone before get the door. Jihyo laughs at his statement to not have doorbell.

End of flashback

                Jihyo types something on her phone. She smiles after the message has been sent to the person and smiles cheekily reading at the reply.

                ‘Oppa, does your proposal still valid? It has been a very hard decision for me to make. It seems like difficult for me to say no to your proposal. Let’s live the next 200 weeks together.’ –Jihyo-

                ‘Of course it still valid love. I have been waiting for your answer and thank you for the answer. By the way.. I love you..’ –Gary-

                ***

                Jihyo calls Kwangsoo to accompany her to buy some groceries. She wants to pay back the time that she has wasted for the last few days for the awkward moment.

                “Why do you have to call me when Gary hyung can go with you? It is his house too.” Kwangsoo says as he pushes the trolley. “It is so annoying for me when you called me just to buy groceries for YOURR house.” Kwangsoo press the word your house to Jihyo.

He reaches the crackers from the shelves. “I’ll take this as my payment for coming with you.” He puts the crackers in the trolley before reaches for the drinks. “He has something to do with Gil.” Jihyo replies to Kwangsoo.

“Can’t I just have you by my own since you’re my beloved cousin. You’re the best cousin that I ever had. It has been a long time since we haven’t going out together.” Jihyo teases Kwangsoo who is readily make his annoyed face to Jihyo statement.

“I never know that you need me so much. How sweet.” Kwangsoo says and smiles cheekily like a ert always do. Jihyo smacks on his stomach with the onions and some vegetable. “Get yourself together.”

“And, can you please study hard so that you can graduate and make some money? It is your turn to buy me something and not I’m the only one who buy you thing.” Kwangsoo fists his hand to Jihyo even he knows that he will never hit her.

“Why should I work when you can give me money? Didn’t you say you love me just now? Then, prove it.” Kwangsoo says arrogantly. Jihyo shakes her head with her face is obviously annoyed to Kwangsoo.

“You make me feel annoyed, we better hurry up. Otherwise, Gary oppa will starve.” Jihyo says to Kwangsoo before make her way to the next shelf.  “Gary hyung always come first. This is so annoying!” Kwangsoo mumbles and stamps his foot.

***

Jihyo works around the kitchen. She is preparing dinner for them. She decides to start a new chapter. All thought some might think that she is crazy for what she has decided. She just doesn’t care about what others might say.

She decides not to pressure Gary on the marriage issue. The most important thing is they have one and another together. Being with him is one of the greatest things for Jihyo. She smiles when her eyes drop at the bracelet at her wrist.

Only then, she notices that Gary gave her many things since they are in relationship. He gave her a necklace when he asked her to be his girl. The anklet on their 100th days and the bracelet during their 200th days.

She sighs at the thought, she never give anything to Gary since they start. ‘That man of mine has everything that make I can’t find anything else for him.’ Jihyo smiles, ‘Let’s just love him a lot that make he never look at other girl.’  

Jihyo chuckles at her own word. Since when did she become this cheesy. She hums to some random tone. She sometimes looks at the watch in between she works on the vegetable and other dishes.

She reaches her phone and dials to Gary number but, before it connects, she ends the call. “Let’s make this as a surprise for him.” Jihyo claps her hands before runs to her room.

“A candle light dinner must have candles or it is not candle light dinner.” She walks out her room with a few candles. She starts to sets the table with the candles and places all the dishes. She feels so excited just thinking on how Gary will react.

‘That cheekbone will surely raises and make me falls for him all over again.’ She says to herself with Gary images play in her mind. She giggles on the thought of rubbing Gary belly after he eats and how he always warning Jihyo not to touch him.

Jihyo is always a playful girl that will be innocent by asking why she can’t touch him though she knows why. Gary will always run to the kitchen to get some cold drinks when she touches him at the place where she shouldn’t touches.

As the clock rings at 8 p.m. Jihyo decides to send message to Gary. ‘Oppa, what’re you doing? Will you come home if I say I miss you? p/s: I think I like you.’ She press send button and smiles by herself.       

After a few moments waiting for Gary responds, she walks to the living room and turn on the TV. The programme air can’t catch her interest to continue watching them. She keeps on changing the channel and end up left the TV on.

She lay on the couch and looks at her phone. She pouts, tries to think any possible thing that make Gary doesn’t responds. ‘Maybe he is driving.’ She feels a little bit sleepy that make she walks back and forth to the kitchen and the living room.

Jihyo dials Gary number but disconnects the call immediately. “Song Jihyo-ssi, don’t be too needy.” Jihyo straighten her hair, “Why is he not coming?” Jihyo sits once again at the couch and hugs herself.

“I miss you Kang Gary-ssi.” Jihyo walks to the dining table and rearranges the plate and dishes order although nothing is different.

***

Gary is too busy to notice the message from Jihyo. He puts his phone in silent mode. Gary has become hyperactive after the message that Jihyo sent to him this afternoon. He helps Gil and even offers his help to the other workers at the company.

Gil smirks at him, “Is there anything good happened?”  Gary grins at him with his funny face, “I feel like the heaven has helps me. How can I become this lucky?” Gary says and chuckles at his own words. “I have been thinking for what I had done to become this lucky. Maybe I saved the country during last lifetime.”

“Oyy, you make me curious. What happen? Have you proposed to her? Does she say yes?” Gil attacks Gary with all the questions that pop up in his mind. Gary shakes his head with a smile lingers on his face.

“I’m not yet proposed to her to marry me, but, I had proposed to her to be with me for the next 200 weeks and she says yes to it.” Gary says proudly. Gil frowns at him, “My cousin is really sick. You must be crazy Gary-ah. I thought that she yes to be your wife.”

“You can call me crazy but that is what I’m feeling. The promise of 200 weeks might look just a simple thing, but for me, it is something like a pass card for me to take our relationship to the next stage. Only then, I’l l proposes to her.”

Gil nods his head, “I feel like teary. I think she’s the one who safe the country on last lifetime that make she deserves you. Can’t I have namja like you? Or, can’t I be a girl? Oppa.. oppaa..” Gil reacts like a teenage girl always does.

Gary pushes Gil away when Gil acts out his ‘aegyo’. “You look disgusting Gil-ah.” Gil ignores Gary by keep on acting and calling Gary.

The knock at the door make they stop from the crazy thing they did. It is Jungin. One of the singer at Gil’s company. “Omo. What’re you two doing? Are you..??” Jungin lets the word hang in the air.

“Aniya! I’m straight. he the one who not straight.” Gary points at Gil. “You ruin the mood Jungin-ah. I just about to have a date with oppa.” Gil says with his finger poke on Gary shoulder. Jungin frowns with her disgust face, “Oppa, are you not going home? It’s late already.”

“Chincha?” Gary says and reaches for his phone. Only then, he notices the message that Jihyo sent. The message sent on 8 p.m but now it is almost 10.30 p.m. “!” Gary grabs his jacket from the couch, “Jihyo gonna kill me.”

“Wae Gary-ah?” Gil asks with his puzzle face, he looks at Jungin and hopes that she knows why. Jungin just shrugs with her eyes fix at Gary who is running around the room, looking for his snapback though the snapback is next to his jacket just now.

“I’ll tell you later Gil. Got to go. see you tomorrow!” Gary shouts before runs to the elevator to the car park at the basement. He steps on the gas as if there is no more tomorrow.

***

Gary enters the password. The noise from the TV fills the house make he walks to the living room. No one is there. Jihyo usually will not left the TV on without anyone watching it. “Maybe she’s already sleeping.”

He turns off the TV and makes his way the kitchen as he feels thirst. He smiles as he feels his heart flutter looking at the view that greets him as he enters the kitchen. Jihyo is sleeping at the dining table.

He notices that the candles have melts to its bottom. ‘She must be waiting for me.’ He tries food that Jihyo prepared. He squats so that he is in the same position as Jihyo. Gary careless her cheek and kisses her eyes.

Jihyo flinches as she feels something at her eyes. Gary is smiling at her when she opens her eyes. “Oppa.. You’re here? What time is it?” Jihyo asks with her husky voice. “Mianhe, it is already 11.”

Jihyo eyes wide open as Gary tells her the time. Suddenly tears stroll down Jihyo cheek that make Gary become panic. “Why are you crying? Why? What should I do?” Gary turns to left and right. He becomes clumsier when Jihyo whines louder.

Jihyo hits him, “It is oppa fault. I cooked for us. Oppa didn’t reply to my message. I was waiting for you to come home. And now I’m hungry.” Jihyo continues to hit Gary as he just chuckles at her words. Gary stands and pulls Jihyo into his arms.

“Mianhe. And thank you. I miss you.” “No, you don’t miss me. If you do you must come home right after I sent the message.” Tears still flow down her face. It is when Gary seals his lips to Jihyo that she stops crying.

He wipes her tears and kisses her eyes. “I do miss you.” Gary says with a smile. “So, do you want to eat now?” Gary asks Jihyo and she shakes her head. “You’re the one who says that you’re hungry.”

“I was but now, I’m sleepy. Can we just eat tomorrow?” Jihyo rests her head on Gary chest. “We can but with one condition.” “What is the condition?” “I want my welcome home kiss.” Jihyo smirks at him before held his face in between her hands.

Jihyo gives him a long kiss on lip. “Is that enough?” Gary nods happily. “Can we go to sleep now?” Jihyo screams a bit when Gary suddenly scoops her and carry her in bridal way. “Let’s go sleep.”

They two sleep together after the incident that happened at Gary’s house. They still have their own room but they sleep together in Gary room.