Chapter - 18

Is That Him

                “Congratulations Byul-ah!” Jihyo hugs Byul as the result had been announced. Byul get the second place. “Thank you Jihyo-ah,”Byul smiles all the way with Haha put his arm around her waist. “Eyy, those juries must play around during Byul performance, how come my beautiful angel gets the second place?” Byul blushes at the Haha and hit his chest. “Oppa..”

                The rest laughs at them. “Oh, Jihyo-ah, do you have other plan? Let me send you home.” Minho says and looks at Jihyo. “We do have plan.” Gary suddenly says and takes Jihyo hands. Jihyo was in her mong state when Gary takes her hand so she bows slightly.

                Soelhyun was about to follow Gary when Byul takes her hand, “Soelhyun-ssi, won’t you like to join us for a drink?” Byul says to Soelhyun  and waves at Jihyo, “Annyeong Jihyo-ah!” “Let’s go Minho-ah.” Haha says to Minho and they go for a drink.

***

                “Where are we going sunbae?” Jihyo asks Gary who is driving. Gary eyes fix on the road, ignoring Jihyo. Jihyo decides not to ask further. She feels like Gary is different from what she had knew for the last three weeks. At some point she feels disappointed.

                ‘Omma… I miss you. I want tell you all off my story. I want to tell you that I think I’m in love now. But it seems like I had fall in love to a wrong person. I shouldn’t fall in love with him. Isn’t it?’ Jihyo suddenly miss her mother.

***

                “Thank you sunbae, for sending me home.” Jihyo bows slightly to Gary and opens the door before Gary reaches for her hand and Jihyo looks at him. He doesn’t look at Jihyo, “I want  you to be at my tournament tomorrow.” Then Gary lets her hand go.

                Jihyo changes her clothes to pyjamas. She is thinking should she go to the tournament tomorrow or not. ‘Why does sunbae want me to be there? He already has the cheerleader girl to support him. Why still need me to be there?’ Jihyo sighs and walks to her study table.

                Jihyo reaches for the calendar. ‘It is 4 more days to go Jihyo-ah.’ Jihyo says to herself. ‘Stay strong. But, why do I don’t want that 4 days to come? Why does my heart feels suddenly heavy thinking off not be able to stay close to sunbae?’ Jihyo pats her chest softly.

                ‘You’re just overthinking Jihyo-ah. Now, stop! I better sleep now.’ Jihyo says and walks to her bed. Soon, she dozes off.

***

                “Oh hyung-ah! It’s been a long time not see you.” Gary says and gives a brother hug to Jongkook. Haha and Gil are also there, they are at Gary house. It is normal to have they around even though Gary is not at home. Gary’s maid will opens the door for them besides they know the password.

                “Ahh, you know, I have to help my brother preparing for his engagement ceremony.” Jongkook says and moves a bit to give space for Gary to sit. “Ohh you’ve come hyung-ah!” It is Haha. He takes some foods from the kitchen for them to eat. “Nae, I just came a while ago.”

                “I had sent that cheerleader girl home.” Haha says while pouring the drinks. “Ohh, is that so? Thank you.” Gary reaches for the remote. “Hyung, can you at least explain what’s going on here?” Haha says to Gary. “What is happening?” Gil who was focused on his phone looks at his dongsaeng.

                “This hyung is so weird. He’s going out with two girls in the same time.” Haha points to Gary. “When did I ?” Gary defends himself. “Then what’s up with Soelhyun and Jihyo?” Haha says and Gary shocks at the question. He takes a deep breath, “I have no relationship with either one of them. Soelhyun is just the cheerleader for our soccer team and she asked me to comment on their cheer, that’s all.” Gary looks at the 3 men in front him, with a begging face for them to believe in him.

                “Jihyo is.. you all know that I make she to become my slave. There are only few days before the term end.” Gary said and takes off his snapback. “Don’t you have any feeling at Jihyo hyung-ah?” Haha asks. “I was wondering too Gary-ah.” Jongkook says. “Wait, is this Jihyo is the same to the loud ahjumma that you told me before, Haha-ah?” It is Gil turns to ask.

                Haha nods and now, they look at Gary as if Gary is doing a very serious crime. “Why are you all looking at me like that?” Gary looks at them one by one and sighs. “I have no feeling at her at all. Never! Are you satisfied?” Gary says.

                “So, now you’re saying that Jihyo is just your slave?” Haha asks, he is trying to trap Gary. “Nae.” “Soelhyun is just a cheerleader for your team?” “Nae.” “There’s only few days left for Jihyo?” Jongkook asks as he senses what Haha tries to do.

                “Nae.” Gary answers without thinking. “Soelhyun is only wants you to comment on their cheer?” “Nae.” “So you have no feeling at all to either Jihyo or Soelhyun?” Haha asks. “Nae.” “But then, you love Jihyo?” “Nae.” Gary answers confidently and the other three laugh at him. It is too late when he realises what he had answered.

                “Yahhh! My cousin has found himself love of his live.” Gil says and gives Gary a hug. Gary is struggling from his hug. “I must call aunt and tell her this good news.” Gil smiles at Gary and takes his phone to dial Mrs. Kang number.

                “Ahh hyung! Don’t tell her. Jihyo is not even has any feeling at me. How come you say it is love? It is love, one-sided love.” Gary says and lets out a heavy sigh. “How do you know that she has no feeling at you?” Jongkook pats Gary’s arm. “She was so happy when she told me that it is a few more days before she free. It means that she happy to not be with me, by my side.” Gary says as he lets out a heavy breath.

                “Have you confesses to her?” Gil asks and Gary shakes his head. “Then how can you says that she don’t love you? That she has no feeling at you?” Gil says and punches softly Gary’s shoulder. Gary looks at Haha and Jongkook repeatedly before looks at Gil who is sitting next to him. “You never know if you never try hyung.” Haha says.

                “I just don’t know.” Gary says and mess up his hairs. There’re silent between them before Haha asks, “Hyung, why was Minho with Jihyo?” Gil and Jongkook shock at Haha’s question. “Chincha?” Gil and Jongkook say in almost sync. “I don’t know.” Gary looks at them. “What wrong with Jihyo hangs out with Minho?” Gary asks when there is no respond from them.

                “You know why we don’t like Minho right Gary-ah?” Jongkook says. “He had made you almost d...” Gil says to Gary. “ We all know it is not him Hyung-ah.” Gary says and stands up to walk to his room. “Hyung…” “Stop all the nonsense! He is my teammate and he’ll never do that.” Gary cuts Haha before he manages to finish his word.

 “I need to go to sleep. Mianhe Donghoon-ah.”  Gary says and gives Haha a brother hug. “ It’s ok Hyung, it is my fault.” Haha says. “Wahh! What a good picture we have here?” Gil says as he’s trying to lighten the mood. They laugh at Gil statement. “Go to sleep Gary-ah! Or you’ll couldn’t score for tomorrow.” Jongkook says and Gary bows at them.

                As Gary closes his door, the three men let out a heavy sigh. “Why is that hyung always at that bastard side?” Haha suddenly says after a moment. Jongkook and Gil look at Haha without a word. “You know that Gary is always like that, he believes people around him. He is right, Minho is his teammate, how can he doubt at him?” Gill says.

                “You need trust to work as a team, you know that right?” Jongkook says and looks at Haha. “Ahh, why do we suddenly talk about this? I might be tearing. Let’s have some soju.” Gil says and pretends as he is wiping his tears. Haha and Jongkook laugh at him.

***

                “Let’s show them what we got.” Gary says to his teammates. They’re just done with their warm up. They walk to their locker room when suddenly a hand grab at Gary’s arm. It is Soelhyun.

                “Oppa! Good luck and do your best. I’ll cheer for you.” Soelhyun says and Gary nods at her. Gary was about to leaves when Soelhyun hugs him. “Oppa, I hope we can win. Don’t get injure oppa.” Soelhyun says with her low voice. Gary shocks at Soelhyun action and breaks the hug. “What are you doing?” Gary says.

                “It’s nothing, I just hope you can do your best. Fighting!” Soelhyun says then walks to her cheerleader teammate. Gary doesn’t even bother of him and when he turns, there is Minho. He is talking to someone, look like a girl. Jihyo? Just thinking of that girl has make the air suddenly become heavy.

***

                “Had you meet Gary oppa?” Byul asks Jihyo as she sits next to her. Jihyo shakes her head, “I give the water to Minho-ssi.” Jihyo says as her eyes pin at the cheerleader team. The scene where Soelhyun hugs Gary is still playing in her mind. How hurt she feels when she saw them hugging. She was going to give Gary the water before he plays.

 She wants Gary to know that she is watching him from the supporter seat. She wants to cheer him before he play but now, it turns out that Gary has someone to cheer him better that her. It hurt her so much to know that there’s someone for Gary besides her.

“Jihyo-ah, can you please not to be too friendly with Minho-ssi?” Byul says to Jihyo. Jihyo looks at her with her mong face. “ Why Byul-ah? He seems kind to me.” Jihyo says, waiting an answer from Byul. “Actually…” Byul was about to answer when Haha comes. “ Ohh, I was looking for you just now Jihyo-ah. Here, the drinks.” Haha says then hands the drinks to Jihyo.

It is their Uni team to enter. “Jihyo-ah, does Gary know that you’re coming?” Haha asks as Gary’s team make the entrance. Jihyo shakes her head. “Gary hyung hwaiting! We’re here looking at you! Make sure you score!” Haha suddenly shouts and Gary turns to him.

Gary smiles when he sees Jihyo is sitting at the supporter seat. ‘I thought that she’s not coming.’ Gary says to himself. “Your love one is watching!” Haha shouts and he waves at him. They have an exchange flag ceremony before start.

At the first 7 minutes after the game start, Gary’s team had attack the offended team but the ball hit the goalpost. Their uni keep on cheer for them. Jihyo is watching Gary all the time. How charming and handsome he is when he is focus to the game. He must love football that much to play so hard. She also watches Soohyun and Minho running here and there to defend and sometimes attack.

Suddenly, Jihyo thinks off Byul request, not to be too friendly with Minho. Why did Byul said so? She wants to ask but she decides to ask later. She turns the field and looks at Gary. The ball is at Gary and he brings it near to the goalpost and goal. “GOALLLLLL!!!!” Everyone is shouting and clapping their hands.

Jihyo doesn’t know why but at some point she feels proud for Gary. She knows she shouldn’t, but still, she feels proud and happy for Gary. Gary’s teammates are hugging Gary and giving him high five. Gary looks at their sit and unconsciously Jihyo gives him thumb up and Gary reply with a flying kiss. Jihyo’s heart pounds hard.

“You know Jihyo-ah? People say that if someone is happy, all his doing come from his heart.” Byul whispers to Jihyo as she notices that Gary gives the flying kiss. “That is my cousin!” A man with black t-shirt shouts, he is standing at the stairs before walking to Haha. Haha gives him a brother hug.

“Ohh, Hyung. I thought you can’t make it.” Haha says. “Why can’t I? he is my cousin, of course I’m coming.” Gil says to Haha and laughs. “But you come when the first half is about to finish.” Haha pats Gil shoulder. “Haha-ah, in life, we always have second chances so do football. There always second half.” Gil says and laughs again. Haha is also doesn’t get it why Gil laugh.

“By the way, this is my woman, Byul.” Haha says and put his arm around Byul, Byul nods slightly. “This is Jihyo.” Haha says and points at Jihyo. “Ohh, she is beautiful.” Gil says and stands up then walks to Jihyo. The seat next to Jihyo is empty since the game start.

“So, you are Jihyo?” Jihyo nods to Gil. “I’m Gary’s cousin, Gil.” Gil says then turns to his head to the field. The referee blows the whistle as the sign that the first half has end. Gary’s teams leads with 1 goals and the offended team with no goal.

“I’ve hear many about you.” Gil says as they look at Gary who is walking with his teammates to the locker room. Jihyo eyes wide open when Gil says so. “Don’t worry, it all good thing.” Jihyo looks at Gil, waiting for him to continue. “You like my cousin?” Gil looks at Jihyo, “Aniyo! Why would I like him?” Gil chuckles at Jihyo, he can see that Jihyo is blushing now.

“Thank you for taking care of that little bastard. It is good to have someone look after him beside me. His parents are so far away and they want me to look at him. After all, Gary looks after himself and takes care of himself.” Gil lets out a heavy sigh before continue. “When did that boy grow up and now he is in his final year at the uni?”

“Since when did sunbae parent go to Canada?” Jihyo asks and Gil shocks at her question. “Sunbae did tell me before about his parent.” Jihyo seems understands what Gil shocks about. “Ohh, I see. They left when Gary is still in high school and they do come back. They tried to bring Gary to Canada but Gary refused and choose to stay in Korea. He promised to aunt and uncle to come over ever holiday and he keeps the promise.”

“Gil-ssi..” “Oppa..oppa..call me oppa.” Gil cut Jihyo as he want Jihyo to feel comfortable around him. “Gil-ss..no I mean, Gil oppa, you say that Gary always keep his promise right? Do you think it is possible for him to break the promise?” Jihyo asks with her low voice. “Gary? No way he will break the promises. He is a man who always keeps his promise.” Gil says and turns his head to the field as the players have makes their entrance for the second half.

‘Sunbae is a person who always keeps his words. Why do I hope that he will break the promise that he will let me free after one month?’ Jihyo fix her eyes on Gary. Gary is running with the ball is at him and defend from the offended takes the ball. He manages to escape from the offended.

‘Can’t he please break the promise to let me go? Can’t I just be his slave until the end?’ Jihyo shifts from her seat a bit. ‘Yahh! Song Jihyo, you look so desperate and pathetic.’ Her eyes fixes on Gary. ‘Wahh, Kang Gary.. You look so cool.’

He is running to the goalpost and another offended come. Minho runs to them and tries to tackles the player and at his mistake, he kicks Gary’s leg and Gary fall on the ground. “Kang Gary!” Jihyo shouts. Gary seems like struggling and groans in pain on the field.

 

I just feel to update one more chapter. Hope you’re enjoying and thank you for the comments.a