Chapter - 17

Is That Him

                ‘Jihyo-ah, you will come tonight right?’ Jihyo receives message from Byul. She just finishes with her modelling class. Byul must be having her rehearsal for the competition. She replies to Byul message saying that she will come and smiles when Byul thanks her.

                “Hye beautiful.” Jihyo still focus on her phone and raises her head, looking at the person. “ Ohh, annyeonghaesayo, Minho-ssi.” Jihyo bows slightly. “Don’t need to be that formal, just call me Minho.” Minho says and walks next to Jihyo. Jihyo keeps on silent as she is actually uncomfortable to have Minho around.

                “Do you come for tonight singing competition?” Minho asks as they been silent along the walks. “I still don’t know, I think I have to go first Minho-ssi.” Jihyo says and walks away.

                “I’m gonna make you become mine Jihyo-ah. Just wait and see.” Minho talks to himself as he looks at Jihyo walks away.

***

                She walks alone to the gate when a car stops beside her and the driver honk at her to get in the car. It is Gary, Jihyo ignores him by walks away but Gary follows her closely and makes Jihyo difficult to walk. Jihyo stops and glares at Gary and suddenly Gary step out of the car and grab Jihyo’s hand and push her to get in the car.

                Jihyo tries to open the door when Gary grabs her hand and locks the door. He drives away and holds onto Jihyo’s hand tightly. Jihyo tries to pull back her hand but Gary interlocked their fingers. Jihyo tries pulls her hand harder.

                “Sunbae, you’re hurting me.” Jihyo pleads to Gary and looks at him. She feels like crying right now as Gary holds her hand. She feels like been playing as he came after days he doesn’t care about her and now he holds her hand without a word. Gary loosens his grip at Jihyo hands but still not let her hand go.

                Jihyo takes this advantage to pull her hand. Gary chuckles at her and pull back her hand to his. “Please.” Gary says with a low voice when Jihyo tries to pull her hand again. With that word, Jihyo settle down at her sit and face to the front. Nothing is spoken between them along the journey. Jihyo looks at the road and she notices that they’re heading to Gary’s house.

***

                Gary takes Jihyo hands and leads her inside. Jihyo pulls her hand when they get into the house and Gary tries to grab it. “Sunbae, I want to go to the washroom, may I ?” Jihyo says and looks into his eyes and he nods.

                ‘What wrong with that sunbae? Jihyo-ah, hold back your tears.’ Jihyo looks at her reflection and takes a deep breath. When Jihyo comes out of the washroom, Gary is sitting at the couch. He looks at Jihyo when she walks to the living room and pats the sit next to him. Jihyo walks to him and takes her sit.

                As Jihyo sits, Gary lay down and places his head on Jihyo’s lap. “Let me sleep.” Gary says and turns to face her stomach. Jihyo startled at Gary’s action and she can feel Gary’s breaths at her stomach. She looks at Gary to make sure that he is not joking, and as she feels it getting heavier, Jihyo knows that Gary is completely sleeps. Jihyo touches Gary face for the first time from the forehead to his lips. She brings her head down and kisses his lips.

                ‘Omo! What was I’m doing? Omo..omo..omo..’ Jihyo touches her lips and blushing. She waves at Gary to make sure that he is really sleep and let out a heavy breath when he is not moving. “Mianhe sunbae, I know I shouldn’t do that, but, I don’t know why I do that.” Jihyo says to Gary with a low voice, she hope Gary will not wake up.

                Suddenly, Gary turns his body and places his left hand at Jihyo’s back and hugs Jihyo from the back and makes her moving a bit forward and less the gap. Jihyo heart is pounding hard. She tries breathing normally and relaxs herself. She place her hands at Gary’s cheeks and soon she doze off too.

***

                Jihyo wakes up when she hears some noise from the kitchen. She walks to the kitchen and Gary turns when he feels someone is approaching. Jihyo smiles at Gary but he ignores the smile. Gary hands a glass of juice to Jihyo and Jihyo sits at the dining table. She is confuses with Gary’s action. Gary does not speak a word but looks at Jihyo who is drinking the juice.

                After Jihyo finish drink the water, Gary takes the glass from Jihyo and grabs her hands and lead her to the door. He signals to Jihyo to wear her shoes and push her into the car. Jihyo looks at Gary with a totally mong face. She wants to ask but she doesn’t know what to ask so she decides to silent.

                The awkward vibe is moving in the car along the journey. Neither Jihyo nor Gary starts the conversation. Jihyo knows that they’re heading to her house. When they arrive at the house and Jihyo about to get out from the car, Gary grabs her hand, “I want you to be there tonight.” Gary says with his eyes fixes at the steering.

He lets Jihyo’s hand go. Jihyo knows totally where Gary means by. Jihyo nods at Gary but she doesn’t know Gary notices it or not. She steps out of the car and Gary drives away.

***

“Jihyo-ah! You’re here. Thank God I meet you before the competition. I’m so nervous.” Byul walks from the back stage and hug Jihyo. “What are you nervous of? You’re one of the best so you can win. All you need now is gives out your best performance.” Jihyo says and broke the hug. She Byul’s back.

“I hope I can do the best.” Byul says. “You had been trains with full of loves, I’m sure you’ll can make the best performance. Where is him?” Jihyo says and Byul is blushing. “I told him not to meet me before my performance, I might get blank. You know, love sickness.” Byul says then the best friend laughs.

“What are you laughing at?” A man approaches them. “Oh Minho-ssi.” Jihyo says and bows slightly. “I had told you not to be that formal with me.” Minho says and smiles at Jihyo. He looks at Byul and smile, “Annyoenghaesayo. I’m Minho, Choi Minho.” He reaches out his hand and shakes Byul’s hand. Byul was smiling until Minho introduces himself. Jihyo notices it but decides to ignore it.

“This is my friend, Byul. She one of the candidate for tonight.” Jihyo explains to Byul. Suddenly, an announcement is made by the emcee, announces to all the participants to be ready and the audience to take their sits.

“Good luck Byul.” Jihyo says to Byul and hugs her. Byul walks to the backstages. “I guess you have no one with you isn’t?” Minho says to Jihyo. Jihyo looks at him blankly because she is actually waiting and looking for someone. “Come, ladies first.” Minho says and Jihyo leads the way to their sits.

Minho walks beside her and Jihyo feels a little bit awkward, but still keeps on smiling. “Jihyo-ah!” A voice calls for her name, and she looks to the left, it is Haha and she smiles. She walks to Haha and Minho comes along. “Oh opp..” Jihyo words hanging when she sees Gary is coming with Soelhyun walking next to him. Haha notices the changes on her face.

“Oh Minho-ah! You’re here.” Haha says to Minho and walks to Jihyo side. He whispers to Jihyo, “Smile uri dongsaeng, I know what you’re thinking.” Jihyo tries to smile at Haha. “Let’s take our sit, my woman had reserve places for us.”

                Haha leads the way and the rest follow from the back. Minho walks next to Jihyo and Gary is walking with Soelhyun. Byul had reserved 4 chairs for them, including Jihyo, Haha, Jongkook and Gary, but Jongkook can’t make it because he has something to do.

                “Byul had reserved for us but I think she only reserved 4 chairs.” Haha points at the chair. “It ok hyung, I’ll take another chair.” Minho says to Haha. Minho walks to the other audience sits looking for another chair. He sits next to Jihyo.

                Haha was about to sit on the right side of Jihyo when Gary takes the sit. Practically, Jihyo is between Gary and Minho. Haha next to Gary and beside him is Soelhyun. “Jihyo-ah, do you want anything? I want to go buy something to eat during the performance.” Minho says after a moment.  They’re still waiting for the juries.

                Jihyo shakes her head and smiles. “Do you know each other well?” Gary says with his eyes pin to the stages. “Not really.” “Not really? Yet you seems enjoying his company.” Gary says and looks at Jihyo. Jihyo avoid his gaze, “Why not? He is handsome and kind, not like some other person, keep on instruct me to do this and that.” Jihyo says and after the words Minho comes. He hands her a bottle of water.

                Jihyo opens the bottle and before she drinks, Gary snaps the bottle from her. “It feels so good, then someone who is not listening to me.” Gary glares at Jihyo and hands back the drinks to Jihyo. No more conversation between them as the emcee welcomes the first participant.

                All candidates are performing their song. They enjoy the night. Some even forget their lyrics because of their nervousness. Jihyo rubs her hands together because it getting cold due to aircond and Minho notices it. He gives her his jacket. Gary suddenly clear his throat when he sees Minho gives the jacket to Jihyo. He takes out his phone and types something. Jihyo’s phone vibrates, she receives a message, it is from Gary. She looks at Gary but Gary eyes pin to the stages.

                ‘Gives him back his jacket.’ Jihyo looks at Gary who is still fix his eyes at the stage. Jihyo decides to ignore Gary message. then, she receives another message. ‘Are you not giving it back? Now!’

                Jihyo takes off the jacket and gives back to Minho. “Kwenchana Minho-ssi. You must be cold too. You’re wearing short sleeves t-shirt and I’m wearing long sleeves. It’s ok.” Jihyo smiles to Minho. “Aniyo Jihyo-ah, you should wear the jacket, you might catch flu.” Minho says and hands the jacket. “Please Minho-ssi.” Jihyo begging and Minho nods.

 It is Byul turns and Jihyo suddenly remember that Byul told her before their class this morning that she changed the song and she singing it for her.

“That is my woman!” Haha suddenly shouts and make people startled. He makes a love sign for Byul and Byul smiles. Byul looks so beautiful with the black dress. The music slowly fills the hall. It is Kim Yoo Kyung’s song, Starlight tears.

 

the white starlight envelops the tears

the tears fall in the warm wind

do you feel it?

this trembling, quiet whisper that is going your way

 

i draw you on this white paper

the warm smile holds me

is this love?

even when i close my eyes, i see only you

 

 

i will be waiting for you i will wait for you

i don't want to see the tears of pain anymore

you let me know this love that's like a lie,

i'll never let it go because that love is you

 

i'm walking in my memories with you

the tears fill even the deepest area of my heart

what should i do?

even in my dreams, i miss you

 

i will be waiting for you i will wait for you

i don't want to see the tears of pain anymore

you let me know this love that's like a lie

i'll never let it go because that love is you

 

please look at me, like the faraway stars

can't you be the one that's in my heart

i will be waiting for you i will wait for you

i don't want to see the tears of pain anymore

you let me know this love that's like a lie,

i'll never let it go because that love is you

 

                Jihyo tries to get what is Byul trying to tell her through the song and she feels a tuck in her heart. She knows what Byul trying to say but is she that strong enough to wait for the person next to her. She looks at Gary and he seems enjoying Byul’s performance. The guy she waiting for is right here, in front of her, but why she feels like he is very far away and hard to get?

                 ‘Sunbae, when I will be able to call you oppa? Am I that strong enough to wait for you to open your heart for me?’ Gary feels like he hears someone is talking to him. He turns to the left and right, nobody is talking. Everyone is focus on Byul performance. Gary feels like someone is looking at him and he turns. He meets Jihyo eyes tries to catch the voice that talking to him.

 

Here is the update. Before that, I’m sorry if the last part seems not logic to you, but sometimes, when 2 persons loves each other so much, they can even understand each other without a word.