Chapter - 42

Is That Him

“Ok..fine. you must love him, but I’ll make you love me then.” Gary says. Jihyo frowns at him and Gary raises his hand to stop Jihyo when she wants to say something. “I know you gonna stop me and say that you’ll never accept me, but, I just want you to give me a chance. Just one chance.”

                “You can stop trying to make me fall for you, because I’ll do them instead of you. Give me a chance to prove that I’m better than him. I’ll make you fall for me, ahjumma. Bear that in mind.” Gary says and leaves Jihyo alone.

Jihyo smirks before shouts at him, “Go on and try! We’ll see!” She chuckles, “Pabo Kang Gary, why do you want to make me fall for you, when I keep on loving you, deeper every single day. And what will make you different from Kang Gary when you’re Kang Gary.” Jihyo says by herself.

                ***

                Gary on the other hand, after he leaves Jihyo at the rooftop, he stumbles and flops to the floor. He hides himself, in some random class, he feels his head hurt so much. There is a girl voice keep on laughing and says all the things to him. It makes him confuses. Who is that girl?

                Sometimes the girl cries but after a few moments, she will laugh happily. Then she talks about random things. That is ‘the girl’ cycle.

                Pieces of pictures and something like he uses to does before keep on coming. There is some girl that comes along with him to a field, jogs with him. The other pictures show him, he is running after a girl at the elevator. Next, he comes to save a girl and punches some boy. But, are all the girls is actually the same girl?

                He holds on his head tightly and tries to control his breath. He closes his eyes before the pain goes away. The only question in his mind, is that his lost memories? or, is it just his imagination and hallucination? Is he forcing himself too much? Is this the right thing to do?

                He doesn’t know why, but he just feels like loving Jihyo for the rest of his life. He’ll prove to her that he can be a better person for her and Yejin too. The only thing he knows, he had love Jihyo when she hugged him during their first time meeting.

                ***

                Someone suddenly wraps a sweater on Jihyo makes she turns and gives an annoyed face to that person. “Don’t tell me you gonna fall for me just because I give you my sweater.” Gary says that makes Jihyo acts as if she gonna throw up. Gary messes up her hair, “You gonna make me fall deeper on you before I get to make you fall for me.”

                “Are you crazy or what? Who wears sweater during summer, it’s not winter yet.” Jihyo hands back the sweater to Gary. He takes it but then, wraps it around Jihyo and zips it up with her hands lock inside. “Then, why you wear shirt that can be see through? I don’t like it, ok?”

                “Yahh! Kang Gary, are you not gonna let me out of this?” Jihyo struggles from the sweater. “Are you planning to seduce me? Last few night, you brought me home, ALONE. And now, you’re wearing a see through shirt.” Gary examines Jihyo from head to toe. “You don’t need to do much ahjumma, I have fall for you, so, wear something that someone can’t see what is hidden ok?”

                “Yahh! It’s my right to wear anything, just let me out of this sweater.” Jihyo complains and sneaks her hands from the bottom but Gary immediately holds her hand. He walks her backward and only stops when her back hit the wall. Gary doesn’t leave her eyes, the gaze is so intense.

                “It’s your right to wear anything, but you’re mine, so.. please wear something that I approve. Ok?” Gary whispers to Jihyo.

                “Appa…! Omma!” Yejin shouts from far and runs to Jihyo and Gary. Gary lets go Jihyo hands and opens his arms for Yejin. He carries Yejin in his arm that earn kiss from Yejin. “Omma? Are you having fever? You’re wearing jacket.” Yejin points at Jihyo and looks at Gary with his confuse face.

                Gary puts his hand on Jihyo mouth when she was about to deny. She pulls back her head but  Gary grabs her hand and pulls her. “Yahh! where’re you taking me? We have lots of work to do here.” Jihyo reminds on the work that they have to do for the fashion show, in the same time, she tries to pull her hands.

It is not like she doesn’t like it when Gary says he gonna make she falls for him, she must be crazy if she doesn’t when she’s actually smiling (in heart), she’s more than willing to fall for him. But she just love to feel been pursue by someone that she loves. It makes she feels like she is falling in love for the 2nd time, but with the same person. Is she crazy? Or they just meant to each other because of the fate?

“Let’s go get you new clothes, I just can’t work with someone who can’t have a suitable outfit to work.” Gary says and forces Jihyo to follow him. Yejin just giggles looking at his mother struggle from his appa grips. He loves it when his omma and appa has reunited. He doesn’t know how, but after his Jongkook uncle and Haha uncle came to their house, his omma can accept his appa.

***

 When they arrive at the shopping complex, Gary leads them to one of the expensive stores, Jihyo tries to pull him out, but he pulls her stronger that make she turns around and suddenly, she’s in his embrace. They also have fight in choosing the clothes. Yejin confuses looking at his ‘appa’ and omma.

Gary holds Yejin close though he’s busy choose the clothes for Jihyo. He also gets some new shirts for Yejin. Jihyo notices that Gary takes many clothes for her and Yejin, she puts back the clothes without Gary spots her. she just bring a few clothes from what Gary had choose.

When reaches the counter, Gary notices some of the clothes are not there. He walks back to the shelves, but Jihyo holds on him. He shakes his head to Jihyo for her to let him walk, but Jihyo refuses. She turns Gary to the counter and smiles awkwardly to the workers there. While she’s nods apologetically to the workers, a sudden kiss lands on her cheek that makes she lets go Gary clothes.

Gary smile sheepishly to her and messes her hair. Yejin gives his ‘appa’ high five before Gary carry him on his arm. Yejin clings on him, and kisses him on cheek, like Gary does to Jihyo. jihyo gives a killing glare at them but Gary ignores her and takes back all the clothes that he had choose.

***

Jihyo smirks looking Gary and Yejin removes bean sprouts from their black noodles. They pick the bean sprouts in almost sync. Gary caught on Jihyo that was staring at him before looks at Yejin, “Ohh? Yejin, you too? Don’t eat the bean sprouts? Wae?” Gary asks and helps Yejin to remove the remaining bean sprouts.

“Just don’t feel to. It is bitter.” Yejin says before starts to eat his food. “Yokshii, like father like son.” Gary laughs a bit and steals a glance at Jihyo, she seems don’t mind about what he just said.

“By the way Jihyo-ah, why didn’t you say that I knew you before?” Gary takes a sip from his drink. jihyo looks at Gary with her confuse face makes Gary continues, “Haha and Jongkook say that we knew each other, but we not close, we don’t ever contact each other. Just because Haha fall in love with Byul we knew each other.”

Jihyo smiles weakly at what Gary says, ‘It is because of us they find love of their life, oppa.’ Jihyo stares mongly and Gary waves at her, “What’re you thinking?” “Nothing, just like Jongkook oppa and Haha oppa said, we just knew each other on the surface.” Gary hisses, “But, I feel something is missing.”

“They hide something from me. I’m dying to know what it is. they tell me that I’m think about it too much. Besides, I keep on listen to strange voice, a girl voice, I knew it is the same girl every time because the way she laughs and speaks are all the same. I don’t know why, but all the girl characters are on you. If we’re not close enough, how can I hear to that girl voice, even before I sleep?”

“What’s your point telling me all this Gary-ssi?” Jihyo fed her noodles, looks at Yejin who busy with his noodles. “I don’t know, maybe because I was expecting that girl is you. The girl that always nags whenever I didn’t shave and complains if I exercise too much. She wants me to have belly, it reminds her to her appa.” “Isn’t that is your illusion Gary-ssi?”

Gary puts his chopstick down, feels a little bit annoyed at the question, what if that girl never exist. “I don’t know, but I hope it really happens. And you! Stop calls me Gary-ssi, try to call me oppa. Say it.. opppaaaa.” Gary says, copy on some random girl aegyo that makes Jihyo smirks arrogantly at him and makes him feel a little bit embarrassed

Gary clears his throat, “Yejin-ah, is it delicious?” Gary changes his focus and pats Yejin head.

***

“Is everything ready?” Gary asks Jihyo in the makeup room and she nods. Their event will starts in half an hour. Gary looks a little bit nervous when asking Jihyo about their final preparation. His eyes travel to all the models wearing the clothes that Jihyo designed. ‘she’s talented woman.’

Gary talks to himself when a pair of hand lands on his chest. Jihyo buttons his shirt and adjusts his bowtie. “Why’re you so nervous? It is so not like you, oppa.” Jihyo says and straighten his shirts following his shoulder.

Gary closes his eyes for a moment when he feels dizzy looking at Jihyo necklace. Gary decides to ignore it and raises his eyebrows listens to Jihyo, “Nae? Can you please repeat? What did you call me? oo..what?? op..what?”

“Oppa..” Jihyo repeats it clearly. She had decides to tell Gary the truth, the whole story. No matter what it take. To see Gary and Yejin play around together makes Jihyo realised that, they can do it better if Gary know the truth.  Besides, Mr and Mrs. Lee starts to like Gary the way they like before. Yejin also once asked her, why can’t Gary stay with them?

“Oppa, the truth is..” “Hyung-ahh!” Haha walks to them. “Let’s go to the front, the VIPs has arrive.” Gary nods at Haha and turns to Jihyo. he takes her hand and smiles when she doesn’t pull it back, “What did you say?” Gary says in their way to get the VIPs.

“I’ll tell you after this event end. Ok? Now, let’s focus.” Jihyo says and tighten her grips on Gary hand. how much she miss to hold him like this. ‘Thanks God, for giving me the chance to fall in love, again, with the same person.’ Gary nods and smiles sweetly at her.

***

“Oppa, have you see Gary oppa?” Jihyo asks Haha and Jongkook after the event end. They shake their head, don’t know where Gary is. The last time she saw Gary when he was giving the speech. They sat at the same table but he didn’t come back after excused himself to the gents.

“Why Jihyo-ah?” Jongkook asks, curious when Jihyo asks Gary. didn’t she declared war before? “Nothing, I have to go.” Jihyo says and bows slightly to Haha and Jongkook. “Good work today Jihyo-ah..” Haha says and give Jihyo thumbs up. “Naee..” Jihyo says, her hand busy dial for Gary number.

She sighs when she just remembers that Gary’s phone is at her, she forgot that he leaves it. ‘Oppa.. where’re you? Don’t tell me that you really leaving?’ Jihyo thought by herself. Her heart drops to the ground when she thinks on Gary leaves again.

***

“Gil-ahh.. please help me out.” Gary says in his almost begging voice. He knows what he’s does is not right and he shouldn’t leave the event. But, his head feel like gonna explodes anytime. Since the opening, he keeps on listen to the girl’s voices, it makes he keeps on turn his head to left and right, looking for the owner.

When he was giving the speech, he hears that the girl is cheering for him, ‘Hwaiting oppa.. you’re the best.’ He excuses himself to the gents when his head hurt too much. He ends up going to Gil house, he’s not coming because of his jet lag.

“What’s wrong Gary-ah?” “Everything is wrong Gil-ahh. Everything doesn’t makes any sense.” “What is not makes sense? What do you want Gary-ahh..?” “The truth. I just want to know the truth about who am I before and who is the girl that keeps on haunts my day and night. I want to know who that girl is.”

“What girl? Why do you need to know Gary-ahh? Just move on and live with what you have now. what you have now is..” “But I love Jihyo. I love Song Jihyo, thought she has a kid. I don’t think omma will opposes. But, I can’t have her if I have so many questions about myself. I’ll feel guilty if I keep on thinking bout another girl which I don’t know either she’s really exist or just my imagination.”

“I hate myself for that Gil-ahh.. I hear to that girl every time I’m with Jihyo. tell me what should I do? The pain is killing me Gil-ah.” Gary pleads to Gil. He rests his head in between his hands when Gil gives no responds.

“I’m begging you Gil-ahh.. I need to know who is that girl and why she’s keep on haunt me? please..” Gary says and the tears that he has been holding on burst. He feels like going crazy and stupid at the same time because he himself doesn’t know who he is.

“It is frustrated when everyone is hiding something from you. You’re curious to death but they stick to their decision not to tell you about it. I want it too much, to love and hold Jihyo. but, I can’t if the girl keep on coming and sometimes, when I thinks about Jihyo, I can hear as if the girl is crying. It’s creepy sometimes.”

Gil pats Gary shoulder, “I can’t Gary-ahh..” Gary looks at him with a very angry face yet he doesn’t let his anger on him. “Please, Gil-ahh. My heart feels like burst just because it hurt too much when I hold myself from hold Jihyo, I even think of killing myself..please Gil-ahhh. I need to know.”

Gil lets a very heavy sigh, “I don’t know how to say this, but.. had you go to your old house?” Gary looks at Gil, “You mean my family house?” Gil nods, “Aren’t you all say that the house had been sold?” Many questions keep on coming to Gary.

“It not yet been sold Gary-ahh. Maybe you can go there and who knows, all your questions will be answered and you get back your memories.”