Chapter - 43

Is That Him

The furniture in the house all cover with white clothes. Gary switches on the light and suddenly he flops on the floor. He groans with his hands pull his hair, tries to ease the sudden pain. He tries to open his eyes, but closes them again when sharp light greet him.

                When he opens them slowly, it seems like he locks in a room. The same voice greets him from the same girl he listens all this time. He can see the girl walks around the room but he still can see the girl face clearly, then a man approaches her. Is that.. Him?

‘Oppa, where did you put my bag?’ ‘Do you have to go home? Then it means nothing to have your room here.’ He says while hugging the girl. ‘Yah! Kang Gary! I’m going because it’s inappropriate for me to stay with you like this. Don’t you the one say no before?’

Gary whines, ‘It’s doesn’t mean I don’t want too. Stay here with me tonight?’ The girl turns to Gary and puts his hands around her waist with her hands around his neck. That make Gary can see the girl face, she is.. Jihyo? gary still can’t see the girl face clearly.

‘Aigoo, Kang Gary-ssi, you’re the one who stop me from go and work as the model, right? if you say yes, we’ll have money by now and we can have our own house. look here..’ The girl make Gary looks in her eyes. ‘I’ll come tomorrow ok? I promise.’

Gary smiles awkwardly and rests his head on the girl shoulder. ‘Can’t you please stay?’ Gary pleads. ‘I love you too..’ The girl says and breaks the hugs. She turns her heel to the door and gives Gary flying kiss. The girl has the same necklace as Jihyo.

Now, Gary clearly sees the girl face when the girl ‘walks pass him’. It is really Song Jihyo. who is Song Jihyo? Who is she for him last 5 years? Why she’s at his house when they’re not that close? why they hug when they just know each other because of Byul and Haha?

He gather his strength, he needs to get all the answers for all these weird and insane questions. Someone opens the door makes he turns and his ‘come back’ to his house. “Ooh? Mr. Kang? how are you?” It is Mr. kim, the one that supposes to be his driver. Followed him is his wife, mrs. Kim.

Gary bows slightly and shakes hand with them. “Mrs. Kang had told us what happen to you. But, to see you here, does that mean you have remembered all your past?” Mrs. Kim says, feeling curious and excited in the same time.

“I haven’t. I come here because Gil told me maybe I will found something that will help me to remember.” Gary says, he can feel that the couple worried about him. “It’s good to hear that. It’s hard to see you home after you move out. It’s good to see you home again.” Mr. Kim says and makes Gary frowns.

“I moved out? Why?” Gary asks, his heart beat fast, waiting for the answer. “It must be hard for you, but yes. You did moved out, because, you and Jihyo have your own apartment. But, do you remember her?” Mrs. Kim asks, she really like Jihyo but she never met Jihyo again since Gary went to Canada.

“You mean Song Jihyo?” Mrs. Kim and her husband nods in almost sync to Gary question. Gary smirks, “I had met her. I guess I’ll look around the house for a while.” Mr. Kim and wife nods at him, “By the way Gary-ahh, nothing has change, all are the same.” Mr. Kim tells Gary and he nods before walks to his room.

He gapes at what he sees.

***

“Oppa, has you hear anything about Gary oppa?” Jihyo calls Haha early in the morning. she can’t think straight since last night. She didn’t even sleep, worry to death. What if Gary really leaves like what Haha and Jongkook said before?

She afraid Gary leaves and never come back. Yejin might fall sick if he’s not around. Yejin might be rebel when he’s not coming. Yejiin might refuses to go to school. But the most things that she afraid is, she couldn’t tell Gary that she loves him anymore. Call her selfish, but that is what she feels when she thought of Gary is leaving.

“He’s fine Jihyo-ahh. He went to Gil house last night, he just headache. So, you can stop worried ok? He’s fine, safe and sound. Ok?” Haha says from the other side. Jihyo lets a relief sigh when listen to Haha. “He’s not leaving Jihyo-ah.. stop worry about that.” Haha adds, as if he can read what lingers on Jihyo mind.

“Arasso oppa. Gomawo.” Jihyo hangs up the call. She feels her heart beat fast when Haha says Gary’s not leaving. She feels like flowers are blooming in her heart. She turns when Mrs. Lee knocks the door. “Is there something good I need to know?” She asks Jihyo, she was observing Jihyo.

“I’m in love.” Jihyo says and covers her face with her hair. She flops back to the bed and toss around. “What happen to her?” Kwangsoo says from the door. Mrs. Lee taps her son shoulder, “She says she’s in love.”

“Everyone can fall in love, but it doesn’t mean I have to send Yejin to school every day. This is so annoying!” Kwangsoo stamps his leg. a pillow lands on his head, “It’s not every day ok? It’s only on week day. It’s not like you is in love, tries to meet some girl and you’ll know what it feels to fall in love every day.” Jihyo says and sticks her tongue out to Kwangsoo. Mrs. Kim just smile, she’s relief that the smile on Jihyo face now is really a smile.

“Ok, at last, my crazy cousin has come back. Welcome home!” Kwangsoo shouts a bit and shuts the door.

***

Gary brings his heavy step into the room. He looks at the left and right side of his room. At all the corners, there are his pictures, his and her pictures. Kang Gary and Song Jihyo. On the other side of his room, full with pictures Jihyo sits on his lap. His hand around Jihyo shoulder at someone wedding or engagement party?. They are hugging, smiling happily.

The most meaningful picture for him is the one that hanging above his bed. It makes he remember something about it. it is Jihyo picture, it’s width is almost same size as the bedhead.

‘Yah! Kang Gary! do you have to hang our picture in your room? Moreover above your bed?’ Jihyo asks him as Gary pulls her into the room, it just about a month after they in relationship. Jihyo admits that she’s actually holding up her ego, she might jumps up and down to see her pic in Gary’s room, but she controls herself.

‘It’s not a big deal ok? It just your picture, it’s not like you’re above me.’ Gary says innocently. Jihyo eyes wide open and grabs on Gary collar, ‘Yah! ert!’ Jihyo says and walks out the room. Gary smiles at her, ‘What are you thinking? I didn’t say anything.’ Jihyo bites on his neck when he comes out of the room.

‘ert!’ She says after she lets him go. Gary frowns from the pain, ‘You’re the one that turn me to be a ert.’ Gary tries to block her from runs away but Jihyo crouches on the floor and runs away. Gary comes after her and the house full with laughs and screams.

***

Jihyo rushes herself after receives a call from Gary just now.

“Jihyo-ahh.” He says as Jihyo answers the call. “Oppa? Where’re you? Where did you go last night? Didn’t I tell you to stay after the event? You made me worried, are you ok?” Jihyo booms Gary with all questions from last night.

“Jihyo-ahh.. Can we meet now?” Gary says and Jihyo senses something with his voice, the way he talks like the real Kang Gary, is something has happened? “Oppa? Kwenchana? Are you crying? Where’re you? Wait for me, I’ll come.” Jihyo says. “I’ll come to you, Jihyo-ahh.. I’ll get you.. I’m sorry, because I’m late..” Gary says.

“Arasso, I’ll wait..” Jihyo hangs up the call and rushes to take her shower.

***

Gary is talking to Mrs. Lee when Jihyo comes down. She’s struggles with her hair and ends up ties them in ponytail. “You’re here already? What’re you talking about?” Jihyo asks as she notices Mrs. Lee nods to Gary just now.

“Nothing, just go and have fun.” Mrs. Lee says. “We’ll take our leave, Aunt. Let’s go.” Gary grabs on Jihyo hand. he pulls her and gets her into the car. he buckles her seatbelt and looks at her a very close distance that Jihyo can feels his breath.

Gary her cheek and starts to drive. “Oppa, where’re we going?” Jihyo breaks the silent after a few moments. Gary smiles at her, “Our Uni, I need to get something from there, I forgot about it last night.”

Jihyo stuns for a moment, did he say ‘our uni’? has he remember back? Jihyo refuses to ask Gary whether he has remembers back or not because, it will only lead to disappointment. She holds tight on her seatbelt.

‘Omma, appa..give me some strength to make this man remember again all about me and his son, your grandchild, Yejin.’ Jihyo says by herself and looks up to the sky.

***

“Didn’t you say you need to take something? But this way lead to the baseball field.” Jihyo complains on Gary when he drags her to the field. Just now Jihyo always protests when he brings her to the soccer field. She was mumbling on something when Gary asks her, “Do you remember something?”

Gary takes her hand and sits her next to him. Jihyo looks at the field and flashback on how she met Gary before, how she become confuses with him as baseball player or soccer player. She’s in deep thought that she doesn’t realises that Gary has his eyes on her.

She blushes when her eyes met him. “What are we doing here oppa?” Jihyo asks him but Gary ignores her. he gets up and slips his hands in the pocket. “Do you remember anything?” He asks. Jihyo sighs with her annoyed tone.

 “What to remember? This is my uni, so I have many memories here. By the way, Yejin appa also graduated from this college. We met here and fall in love here.” Jihyo says and steals a glance at Gary but he just smirks at her statement.

“Do you remember the first day you saw me? here, at this baseball field?” Gary says with his low voice. Jihyo sighs again, “Of course I remember that day, I even confused….” Jihyo words hang in the air as she just catches on what Gary said.

“Excuse me? What did you say?” Jihyo walks to Gary and touches his shoulder to make he turns. Tears scroll down Gary cheek, the moment their eyes met one another, Gary lower his eyes, he can’t bear to meet Jihyo eyes.

Jihyo forces him to look her in eyes. She holds his face in between her hands. “Oppa, have you recall back all your memories?” Jihyo says as tears also burst from the moment Gary turns to her just now. “Have you?” She asks again and raises her voice a bit, it’s not she angry, she just become impatient.

Gary nods at her and pulls her into his arms. “Mianhe, for being a jerk. I miss you, Jihyo-ahh..” He says and tightens his hug on Jihyo petite body.

***

“How can you remember back oppa?” Jihyo asks Gary. she’s sitting on Gary lap with her hands around Gary neck. They’re at THEIR apartment. After all the drama at the baseball field, Gary drove back to their house.

 Along their way, Jihyo hugs Gary while he’s driving with Gary kisses on her head every time they stop at the traffic light. Gary purposely drives at the left lane, he says that he wants to appreciate all the time with her.

“I went to my family house. when I stepped in my room, I saw your picture hang above my bed. At that moment, overflow pictures coming in my mind. I’m little bit confuse and bring myself to just go for it. when I look around the room, it’s full with our pictures. All the things we talked about, all places we went before, all the things we did together. All of them come and fills the puzzle I had been tries to solve before.”

He on Jihyo back, “I even remember our promises and things I want to tell to you. And thank you love.” Gary gives a peck on Jihyo lips before continues, “For not gives up on Yejin though I’m not there with you.”

Jihyo his hair and kisses his both eyes. “What is it you want to tell me?” Jihyo looks at him, how much she misses to be in his arms. Gary clears his throat, shifts his sit and pulls Jihyo closer though it has more than close.

“I have a new proposal. Since the 300 months proposal become invalid, I was thinking if you can stay by my side, for the next 4000 years. What do you say?”Gary looks at Jihyo with his full anticipation. “Yah! Do you think it is possible for me to live for 4000 years?” Gary Jihyo back and before caress her cheek.

“That is my point. I want you to be with me even on our next life time. I mean, let’s just fall in love with each other forever. Ok?” Gary says nervously. Jihyo gives a peck on his cheek, “Is that yes?” Gary asks her, Jihyo doesn’t answer it but gives him a peck on the other side. “I consider it as yes..” Gary says and pulls her head down to rest on his chest.

“Do you know the hidden meaning for all the things I gave you? I mean the necklace, bracelet and anklet?” He asks Jihyo and she shakes her head to Gary questions. Gary pats Jihyo head softly and then touches her necklace.

“The necklace means, I tie you. I block you from breathing without my love. The bracelet means, I handcuff you from going away from me. and, the anklet, I tie your legs. It makes you can’t go away from me.” Jihyo rests her head on Gary chest again after he finishes his words.

“I can die from your chessiness. I’m going crazy.” she says and laughs softly. “It turns out I’m the one that walked away from you. Sorry for letting you fight all alone to have Yejin. I’m sorry for being a coward and selfish.”

Jihyo smiles when looking at her man tears up again. He sniffs and Jihyo wipes his tears away. “Aigoo, nae namja is a cry baby. It’s ok oppa, because from now on, we will make more beautiful memories and pay back for all the time we had waste because, none of us will walks away, ok?”

“One more thing, can you promise me not to keep any secret from me? like what you did when you were confirmed to have the cancer stage 4? I want us to be honest to one another, because I want us to know that we’re here for one another. Ok?” Jihyo looks into Gary eyes, with her hand caress Gary cheek and lips. Gary nods at Jihyo words.

Jihyo gives him a few soft pecks on Gary lips. When he opens his mouth she pulls back. They giggle at that. She has misses this like crazy. “I miss you..” she says. “Are you playing hard to get?” Gary says and caresses her cheek. He pulls her head closer and kisses her slowly.

Jihyo leans more close and runs her hands through Gary hair. Try to pull him as closer as can. The kiss becomes needed and passionate. Gary pulls it back first and rests their forehead together.

“I think we need to give Yejin a brother or a sister.” Gary says, he’s panting. He sneaks his arms on Jihyo body and carry her in bride way. Jihyo wraps her hands around Gary neck, “Are you sure just to give him one brother or sister? I think he’s lonely, so he might want a few dongsaeng.”

Gary smiles shyly, “It looks like you have become naughty. And if you say so, let’s work hard for Yejin.” He says playfully with Jihyo giggles in his arms.

That night, they sail to an unknown island in each other arms. The next thing that they know, that night is the most blissful night after 5 years.

***

The wind blow slowly makes Gary tighten his grip on the blanket. He searches for his partner warm body to cuddle with but he found it’s empty. He opens his eyes slowly, when he hears someone is giggling.

“Yah, Mrs. Kang. what’re you doing there? Come here, let me cuddle with you for some more time. Here.. come here..” Gary says with his husky voice and pats the space next to him. He then walks to Jihyo who’s standing at the window.

He kisses her tummy, “Morning..” and gives a peck on her cheek, “Morning Mrs. Kang. how’re you doing?” Gary back hugs Jihyo and rests his head on her shoulder. “Much better when I saw you searched for me last few minutes.”

Gary smiles at her and looks at the busy road greets them. They married 2 weeks after they reconciled. Gary proposed her with a video that complies all their family and friends tell her to accept Gary. The most meaningful message was from Gary’s mother. They asked her to accept Gary back to her life.

Jihyo also smiles when recalls how busy was Mrs. Kang prepared for their wedding when she said yes to Gary. And of course the most happy person when she say yes was Gary. She just wants to register their wedding but Mrs. Kang insists to at least have priest to officiate their wedding.

She’ll never forget on Gary’s word when he puts the ring on her. “Now, I not even hold your breath, handcuff your hands and tie your legs. This ring lockup your heart, your body and your soul to be mine, and only mine because, Song Jihyo is only meant to be Kang Gary’s.”

Jihyo still feels flutter every time she recalls that. Gary nuzzles at the nape of her neck, he put her hair on the other side. Jihyo tilts her head a bit to give better access. It is a new habit for Gary to be a ‘vampire’ every morning that end up he do the breakfast and Jihyo sleeps from the tiredness (if you know what I mean).

Yejin suddenly runs into their room and make an airplane sound. He’s holding an airplane and moves it up and down. “There come your army Mr. Kang.” Jihyo says and smiles when Gary sighs on her neck before runs to Yejin.

She laughs when watching Gary tosses Yejin to the bed before tickles him that makes him turns left and right on the bed. Yejin giggles but he suddenly stops from his laugh. Gary looks at Jihyo but she just shrugs to him.

“Yejin-ahh.. kwenchana?” Gary asks him. Yejin sits up straight on the bed and looks at Jihyo and Gary repeatedly. “Wae Yejin-ah?” Gary nervous to see Yejin that way, does he tickles too hard that make Yejin in pain?

 “Omma, appa, can’t Yejin has dongsaeng?” He blurts out innocently. Gary smiles at his innocent thought. “Why do you want dongsaeng? You can play with Daegu and Dream hyung right?” he asks Yejin and steals a glance at Jihyo who also chuckles at Yejin.

“Daegu always fly back to Boston and Dream hyung said he’ll have a sister soon and Yejin is jealous to hear that. Besides, Yejin has to wait for them to come over before we can play, and Yejin don’t like it. Can’t Yejin just have dongsaeng?” He gives Jihyo and Gary his puppy eyes.

“Do you want a brother or a sister?” Gary asks out his curiosity. “Can’t Yejin just have them both?” He says that make his omma and appa laugh at him. “Yejin even has name for them, if I get a brother, his name will be Kang Jihoon and if it’s a girl, Kang Jiwon ….

“Yejin can’t think any name that can match Yejin’s name.. Kang Yegun and Kang Yemin? Isn’t it weird, appa?” Yejin says, feeling so excited. Gary nods to him and joins him to list the name. He smiles, looking at Jihyo who seems in her deep thought.

He pats Yejin head, ‘Thanks God, for giving me the second chance to love Jihyo again and have this little boy. I promise to love them deeper each and every wake up day.’ Gary prays a little before joins Yejin lists out the name again.

Jihyo looks up to the sky. She feels so relieve that now, she has a very happy life with her loves one, Kang Gary and the naughty Yejin and soon, two more little armies will cherish their life. She’s pregnant, it’s the 3rd month, it’s twin. And she shakes her head recalls on Gary complains for not having triplets.

Has she ever regretted for knowing Gary? it must be a lie if she says no. She regret it once, when she fight alone in the labor room. But when Gary comes back after 5 years, she still can’t denies, her heart only belong to him, one and only.

Is Gary the most persons that she loves? Is he the one that deserves her love? Is that really Gary after 5 years went missing without any clue? Is that Kang Gary gonna make she feels flutter with his words? Is that Mr. Kang that she has waited for all this time?

Is that Kang Gary that she will fall in love with every day? Is that Kang Gary that she will stay for the next 400 years?

That is him. The is really him..and only him… Kang Gary….

 

THE END….

 

First of all, I’m sorry that I have to end this story in this way. Thank you so much for supports from you all. Thank you for those who comment and subscribe to my story and even up vote it. and for those who be the silent readers, I also want to say thank you because reading it. Though it is my first time writing, you still give me the chance to try. I’m sorry because I know, some of the chapters are just so-so and sometimes, it’s only annoyed you. I do hope the ending match on what you all expected. It takes me almost a year to complete this fiction with the inconsistent plot. After all, the ending will always be a happy ending for my bias. Last but not least, I hope, all of you will still supports and believes on our Gaejihyo until the end. Let’s pray the best and hope that they will be together like any happy ending fictions. Gaejihyo army stand together.