Chapter - 22

Is That Him

                It is a new week for them. The incident is not known by any other people. Not even Byul or Haha known about the incident.

“Jihyo-ah, what’re you doing after the class?” Byul asks Jihyo who is packing her stuffs. Jihyo turns to Byul and gives her mong face, she is thinking. “Nothing much. Wae Byul-ah?” Jihyo says.

                “Can you please accompany me to the shopping mall?” Byul says with her puppy eyes. Jihyo smirks at Byul, “Aigoo, this girl. Ok. I’ll come with you.” They walk out of the class with arms are locks to each other. “What are you buying Byul-ah?” Jihyo asks and Byul says out the list.

***

                “Byul! How about this shirt?” Jihyo holds up the shirts and turns to Byul. “It looks nice and it will be more perfect if you’re the one who wear it.” Gary says and takes the shirts from Jihyo. “Omo, sunbae, what’re you doing here?” Jihyo shocks with Gary suddenly appear as Byul is behind her when they were looking for the shirt just now.

                “Do you want this shirt?” Gary says and leaves the question unanswered. Jihyo shakes her head and walks passing Gary to search for Byul. She walks to the other side and founds Byul with Haha. She decides to give them sometimes on their own.

                Gary puts his hands around Jihyo and held up the shirt, “Are you sure that you don’t want this shirt?” Jihyo pushes him away, “When I say no, I mean it.” Jihyo says and walks away. Gary smiles at Byul and Haha. The couple thumbs up to Gary as it is their plan to make Jihyo and Gary meet up.

‘Good job Jihyo-ah, you must pull yourself together.’ Jihyo walks out of the store and pats her head. “Where’re you going in rush?” It is Gary. “Somewhere. It has nothing to do with you. None of your business.” Jihyo says and turns, putting her guard up high.

Gary reaches Jihyo hand before she manages to walk away. “Can you please eat with me? I haven’t lunch.” Gary says, “Please, I’m hungry.” Gary pleads to Jihyo and pulls Jihyo to the restaurant. “Do you have anything in mind what to eat?” Gary asks Jihyo who is staring at him.

Gary looks at Jihyo and she takes a deep breath, “Sunbae, what are you doing?” Jihyo says to Gary. “What? I’m just wants you to accompany me to eat. Is that wrong?” Gary says and plays with the chopstick. “Why do you want me to accompany you? Don’t you have any other friend to play around?” Jihyo raises her voice to Gary.

Gary is still playing with the chopstick and pins his eyes, “Maybe because I love it when you around.” Gary says. “You know it right? The feeling when eating with someone you love. You’ll be happy because the one that you love is there with you.” Gary continues and makes Jihyo stuns.

“Kang Gary..” Jihyo calls his name. “I know what you want to tell me. You want to tell me that you’re not going to fall for me right?” Jihyo hits Gary’s arm. “Are you that desperate?” Jihyo complains to Gary. “Nae, desperate for have you.” Gary rubs his arms to ease the pain.

“Forget it. Just give up, because I’m not going to fall for you.” Jihyo says as the food has arrives. Jihyo starts to munch her food and raises her head when she feels like Gary is looking at her. “What’re you looking at? Why don’t you eat? Just now you say that you’re hungry.” Jihyo says with full with foods.

Gary smiles at Jihyo and makes her more confuses, “I like it when we eat together.” Gary says and starts to eat. Jihyo leaves in her mongness and she unconsciously opens when Gary fed her.

 “Yah Kang Gary! I have my own hand to eat.” Jihyo says as she back to reality. Jihyo continues to eat her food and Gary chuckles at her. “Who the one opens ?”

“What’re you doing here?” Gary asks as they done eating. He looks at Jihyo and waits for the answer as Jihyo is still drinking. “You do have your special charm that pull me closer to you.” Gary says as his eyes travel along Jihyo face.

Jihyo chokes when she looks at Gary’s face and hears to his comment. “I come here to plant some paddy. Yah, Kang Gary, are you an idiot to ask me that question? ” Jihyo says and smirks at Gary. She, herself doesn’t know why she loves to smirks at Gary. Gary looks at her with a blank face.

Gary flicks Jihyo forehead, “What’s wrong with my question?” Jihyo glares at Gary and flicks him back. “Yah! Song jihyo!” Gary screams and rubs his forehead. “Serve your right.” Jihyo says and sticks out her tongue. “You’re cute.”  Gary says and smiles sweetly to Jihyo.

Jihyo clears to hide her nervousness from what Gary says. “I come with Byul. Ah! Cham!” Jihyo slaps her head and reaches for her phone in hurry. She dials someone phone number, “Ohh, Byul-ah. Where’re you? Mianhe.” Jihyo says after a moment.

Byul on the other side is smiling, “It’s ok Jihyo-ah, Haha oppa is with me, just enjoy your date with Gary oppa, ok? Good luck!” Byul says and Jihyo can hear Haha cheers her by saying good luck. Then, Byul ends the call before Jihyo manages to ask more.

Gary smiles when he hears to Jihyo conversation. He can feel that Jihyo is trying to resist herself from talking to him. She builds a very high wall between them that Gary needs to break in order to make her become his. Jihyo suddenly stands and walks away after the call.

Gary was about to run to her when the waiter hold on him as he hasn’t paid. Gary gives some note to the waiter, “Keep the change.” Gary says and rushes to the entrance. He turns to the left and right, looking for Jihyo. He calls for Jihyo name when he sees her is rushing.

“What’s wrong with that sunbae?” Jihyo says as she walks faster when Gary call her name. Gary manages to come after him and reaches for her hand. Jihyo pulls back her hand, “I’m going to the toilet.” Jihyo says as she walks backward. “Jihyo-ah! Th…” There’re screams and Jihyo runs out of the toilet.

She runs to Gary and hide her face on Gary’s chest. Gary smiles and her back, “Why do you enter the men toilet?” Gary whispers to Jihyo and tighten his grips on Jihyo waist. Jihyo stamps her feet, “Sunbae, can you please help me?” Jihyo says and looks up to Gary with her puppy eyes.

Gary nods, “But, you must kiss me first.” Gary says and offers his cheek to Jihyo. “Yah! Are you crazy? Nan shiro!” Jihyo hits Gary’s shoulder. “It’s depends on you.” Gary says and bows slightly to people who come from the toilet. A kiss lands on his left cheek when he busy bows to the people.

Gary smiles sheepishly and turns his head, offer for his right cheek. Jihyo hits him, “Kang Gary.” Jihyo is whining to him. Gary takes off his jacket and put it on Jihyo. “Now, you’re safe with your savior. You love have come, can you please smile for him?” Gary says and puts his hand around Jihyo, pulls her closer.

***

“AHHHHH!!!” Jihyo screams as they get in the car. Gary smiles at her as she hides her face in her hands. Jihyo turns to him,“Sunbae, why did you do that? I was dying for embarrass.” Jihyo hits Gary continuously when Gary laughs at her. “You were rushing, I was about to tell you.” Gary says and he suddenly grabs her hands.

“Can you please stop from calling me sunbae? I don’t like it.” Gary says and lets Jihyo hands when he steps on the gas “Can you please promise to me one thing Jihyo-ah?” Gary suddenly says after nothing is spoken between them. Gary turns his head to Jihyo to ensure that Jihyo is listening.

“Promise me that you’ll always there for me when I need you. Just like when you need me, I’ll always there for you.” Gary says with his eyes fix on the road. Jihyo leaves the request hanging and she suddenly turns on the radio. It is Starlight Tears, the song that Byul sang that night.

The car fills with the slow melody. “Kang Gary..” Jihyo calls for Gary name when the song has finish. “mmm?” Gary answers as he still focuses in his driving. “This song, Byul says she sang it for me. She told me that she changes her song at the last minute.” Jihyo is looking at the cars pass by them.

“Ohh? Chincha? Byul is a very talented person that she got the 2nd place even she changed the song at the very last minute.” Gary praises for Byul brazen. Jihyo smiles, hears to Gary’s comment. “The song is about someone who promises to wait for her love even though she knows that the love will always hurt her. But, will that person know that she is waiting for him to come?”

Jihyo plays with her fingers, trying hard to hold back tears. “And, is that girl strong enough to wait him?” Jihyo continues and Gary turns to face her when they stop at the traffic light. “Is the girl is you? Who is the person that you’re waiting?” Gary raises his voice. Jihyo leaves the question unanswered.

***

“If the girl sure enough that the person she is waiting is the best for her, then, she must waits for him. No one knows why he leaves her and make the distance because everything happens for a reason.” Gary says as he parks the car. They have arrives at Jihyo’s place.

“It’s all depends on that person. The heart belongs to the person. Only she, herself can feels it. Some signals and hints must be given by the other person.” Gary continues and Jihyo turns to him. “What if the person’s hints make the girl become more confuse. It’s like a on and off switch.” Jihyo says and acts as if she is playing with a switch.

Gary scratches his head, “Then let the time to decide. Just remember this one thing.” Gary reaches for Jihyo hand. He holds Jihyo hand tightly that make it is hard for Jihyo pulls her hands. “When a person goes, he must have his own reason to go. By the way, who is that person?” Gary asks as he feels jealous.

“Someone I know.” Jihyo says and opens the door but before she manages to step out, Gary pulls her. “I don’t care who ever that person is, but, if one day, I go and leaves you alone, can you please wait for me? I won’t leave someone that I love without reasons.” Gary says and looks to Jihyo.

Jihyo shocks to Gary confession. She flicks his forehead and steps out of the car. “I think you’re sleepy, go home and rest.” Jihyo says to Gary and walk into the house. Gary is still rubbing his forehead to ease the pain. He smiles as he knows that Jihyo really tries her best to not fall for him when she is.

***

Jihyo reaches for her phone after the shower. There is a message from Gary. ‘Love, can you please come to the rooftop tomorrow? I want to have breakfast with you.’ Jihyo is taken aback because of the message. She admits that she feels flutter for Gary but on the other side, she feels afraid that if Gary is only pity on her.

The thought of Gary only pity on her rips her heart. The incident is still vivid in her mind. How Minho talks to her and the way he forced her. With Gary founded them in the way that makes Jihyo feels so down. The incident makes Jihyo has no confidence to accept Gary.

As the incident become more clears, Jihyo become teary. She tries her best to hold her voice. She doesn’t want her aunt to know that she is crying. Jihyo dials to someone number.

“Kang Gary, odiya?” Jihyo says as Gary picks up the phone. “Aigoo, my princess must have misses me a lot as she calls me as I arrives home. I just arrives home love, wae?” Gary is smiling. This is a positive sign from Jihyo. Jihyo hearts skips a beat when Gary calls her love.

“Aniya, I’m just feels boring.” Jihyo says with a stuttering voice. Gary knows on the spot, Jihyo is crying. “Jihyo-ah, why are you crying? Is there something happen?” Gary is sitting on his bed. Jihyo is not replying to Gary, “Love, I’ll call you back.” Gary says and hangs the call.

After a few seconds Jihyo’s phone rings and she picks it up in hurry. “Yobusaeyo?” Jihyo says as she still drying her hair. “Mmm?” “Why you hanged up?” “I just like it more when I’m the one who call you.” Jihyo chuckles to his comment. He has that charm to make she smiles.

“Is there something wrong Jihyo-ah? You’re crying just now.” Gary says and walks to the kitchen with his phone. “Nothing.” Jihyo lies, “Just tell me can you? I’m all yours. Tell me all the things that you can’t talks to other.” Gary says as he feels frustrated to not be by Jihyo side.

There is silent. “I’m afraid.” Jihyo says and continues when Gary not saying anything. He wants Jihyo to let it all out. Jihyo knows that he gives the space to speak. “That incident keeps on repeating in my mind. I’m afraid it’ll make me hard to sleep. It makes me feels down.” Jihyo says and hugs her pillow tightly.

“Can’t you please not to think about it? I hate it when you’re hurting. I hate you when you’re crying thinking about it. Stop thinking that you a low person. I hate it the most.” Gary says with his concern voice.

“Why you keep on thinking on that thing? Forget about it can’t you? What can I do to make you forget about that? Do you want me to beat him? Or send him out of our country?” Gary says with a serious tone. “Then police will come after you.” Jihyo chuckles.

“Who cares? I can teleport.” Jihyo laughs at Gary. “Stop wasting your time thinking on it. Spend more time to think about me. Think on how to make me love you more.” Gary says with his low voice and Jihyo is laughing more as she feels like dying from Gary’s statement.

Gary smiles when he hears Jihyo laughs, “Do you feel better?” “Nae,” Jihyo answers Gary. “Good, can you pay back my deed?” Gary says and walks to his room. “Eyy.. what a mean person you are?” Jihyo complains. Gary shakes his head and smiles at what Jihyo says.

“Can you please not hang up the call? Give me a company. Now, I want to go to take a shower, can you please wait a minute?” Gary says and takes his towel from the rack. “Eyy, just end the call and go on shower.” Jihyo says and she hears Gary is sighing.

“Go on shower and after the shower you can call me back. Ok?” Jihyo says with her soft voice. “Wahh.. I like to hear that voice of yours, love. Make me feel love by you. Ok then, go eat or do what so ever to kill time, waiting for me to call you ok?” Gary hangs up the call when Jihyo hums.

Gary calls Jihyo back after he takes shower. Gary just like a kid whines at Jihyo to keep her on the line. They keep on the line when Gary eats and they talk till Jihyo is sleeping. Gary still keeps her on the line till the next morning. They sleep and hug the phone close.

 

Here the update. I can only update one chapter for today. Until the next update.