Chapter - 16

Is That Him

                It has been two days after the tragedy. Jihyo still carries on her slave duties. The same routine, delivers Gary’s drinks and update all her activities to Gary even though he doesn’t reply even one of her messages. At evening, she will go to the soccer field and watches Gary practice from far.

 Soohyun always bumps with her, but she asks Soohyun to keep it as secret. Soelhyun replaces her sits and she feels hurt to see that. But, Jihyo still feels happy when she sees that Gary is not sending Soelhyun home.

                Mr and Mrs. Lee also feel weird with her behaviour for the past two days. They find it’s weird to have Jihyo around early and Jihyo helps Mrs. Lee to prepare for the dinner. She didn’t eat much as she used to. Mrs. Lee asks Kwangsoo if there is something wrong at the uni that pressure Jihyo. Even Kwangsoo has no clue to Jihyo’s changes.

***

                “Jihyo-ah, let’s go to the mall.” Byul bear hugs Jihyo. “I’m not in mood Byul-ah.” Jihyo says to Byul and smiles at her. “Like do I care. You have been moody for two days, and now, let me have you on my own. My competition is in just two days and I need psychology support from people around me.” Byul says to Jihyo and Jihyo laughs.

                “Why don’t you ask Haha oppa to kiss you then, you’ll get more support then you get from me?” Byul is blushing to hear that comment from Jihyo. Jihyo takes out her phone, messaging someone. “Who do you message?” “Sunbae, I tell him that I go with you.” “Jihyo-ah what is happening between you two actually?” Byul asks with her concern voice and looks at Jihyo.

                “It’s nothing. Let’s go to the mall. Let’s go get some psychological support from the mall.” Jihyo says and avoid eyes contact with Byul. She pulls Byul and gives her a bear hug.

***

                “This dress look great. Try this out Jihyo-ah.” Byul hands her a baby blue dress. “It’s beautiful but I have nowhere to go with that dress.” Jihyo looks at the dress. It is beautiful, it would be perfect for a date with Gary.

                ‘What? Did you say Gary just now? Pull yourself together Jihyo-ah. Don’t make Byul knows the truth that he is hurting you but you crazy about him.’

                “Why not? This dress is just perfect for you to seduce Gary oppa.” Byul looks at Jihyo, she is teasing Jihyo. “Why would I seduce him?” “Because you love him Jihyo-ah.” Byul says and takes Jihyo hands together. She wishes to give Jihyo some strength to fight for Gary.

                “What? I don’t..” “What? You want to tell me that you don’t love him after all your moody mode this two days, and you crying so bad that make your eyes swollen and just now, when we pass by a sport store, you stand there like you never see sport items. That is not love? Then what is love actually? ” Byul raises her voice a little bit. She’s trying to make Jihyo know that she love Gary. Jihyo probably know it, but act like she didn’t know it.

                “And this keychain, since when did you like soccer? Since you know him right? Since you be by his side when he practice isn’t it? With all the snapback.” Byul grabs Jihyo’s bag, there is a ball keychain hanging there.

                Jihyo stunts at Byul word. “I.. I just don’t know Byul-ah. It is so hard.” “You’re the one who make it hard. Both of you make it hard. Can’t you just love like other couple? Where is my friend Jihyo that fight with some upper students just because they bullied me? Where is that girl?” Byul Jihyo’s back. “I don’t know does he love me or not?” Jihyo says with a low voice and she looks at Byul.

                “Is that the only problem? Who care he love you or not? You know that you love him, go for it. Jihyo-ah, love doesn’t mean you must have that person to you. Love means, if he happy, so do you. Go tell him Jihyo-ah. The next 10 year, you’ll not regret for not telling him that you love him.” “But, it is not appropriate for a girl to go after a boy.” Jihyo pins her eyes to the floor.

                “Hey, look at me.” Byul pulls Jihyo’s chin up. “Do you care that much for people to talk about you? It only for a short period, but, if you confesses, it gonna be your sweet memory. Don’t regret now Jihyo-ah. Memories and regret do stay for the whole of our life, but it is better to have memories than regret,” Jihyo looks at Byul and smile, she feels like she had been motivated.

                “I don’t have that courage to tell sunbae that I like him.” Jihyo is blushing and Byul laughs at her. “Look who is blushing. I don’t love him.” Byul is mocking Jihyo and they laugh. “Then, let’s buy this dress, I have a plan for you.” Byul says and raise her eyebrows.

                “What plan?” Jihyo asks with her mong face.

***

                “Jihyo-ah, are you ok?” Mrs. Lee asks Jihyo when she sees that Jihyo eats so much. “Wae aunt? Is there something wrong?” Jihyo takes another meat and eat them. Mr and Mrs Lee and Kwangsoo look at Jihyo, but she still eating like nothing is going on.

                “Noona, can’t you just tell us when you have problem? We’re your family.” Kwangsoo raises his voices a little as he feels frustrated seeing Jihyo acts like that. “What? There’s nothing wrong with me.” “Jihyo-ah,” Mr. Lee calls her and Jihyo looks at him. “For the last two days, you’re not even eats yet tonight, you eat a lot. You make us worried.”

                “Ohh, chincha? Mianhe. That is for the last two days, and it is already past, tonight I feel hungry, so I eat. Let’s eat.” Jihyo says and take the meats and put them in their plate. Jihyo is actually feels a little bit motivated after Byul encouraged her this evening.

                After the dinner, Jihyo go to her bedroom and message Gary like she does for the last two days. Gary doesn’t call her as he usually does, so Jihyo decides just to send him message to update to him her doing.

                Her phone vibrate, she receives a message. It is from Gary. She sits up straight on her bed, trying to make sure that she is not dreaming. It’s true, Gary sends her a message. He told Jihyo to come to XX club. Jihyo straight away change her clothes and runs to the downstairs. She feels so excited because Gary sends her a message.

                “Jihyo-ah, where’re you going? It is already late.” Mrs Lee asks. She is watching some programme in the TV with Mr Lee. “Do you have to go Jihyo-ah?” Mr Lee asks her. Jihyo approaches them, “Mianhe. But I must go. I’ll be back soon.” Jihyo bows and walks away.

                She arrives at the XX club. The music are too loud that make she closes her ears. People are dancing to the music, but some are not. The girls are wearing y top and short pants and short skirts with high heels. People look at her like she is an alien when she enters the club. She is wearing long sleeves T-shirt and skinny jeans with sneakers.

                She wants to call Gary but she knows it is possible to talk to Gary in this kind of situation. She walks slowly, avoiding from bumps into people. She looks around and found Gary. She walks with a smiles but she froze when she looks at the person that sitting next to Gary. It’s her, the cheerleader girl.

                “Ohh, here come my slave. Annyeong, slave.” Gary waves at Jihyo at tell her to sit on his left side. Jihyo walks to there and sits. Soelhyun gives her annoyed face. “Oppa, let’s go dance.” She says with her pleading voice. Jihyo feels like burning for hearing Soelhyun calls Gary as oppa. Gary looks at Jihyo and whispers something to her before stands up and goes to the dancing floor.

                Jihyo eyes are following Gary movement. Soelhyun is opposite to Gary. He is facing Jihyo and looking at her. Gary is dancing with Soelhyun but along the dancing, he never leaves Jihyo’s eyes. “Watch what she can do.” Is what Gary whisper to Jihyo before he dances. Jihyo cannot deny that Soelhyun can dance well, much better than her.

                She can’t stand it when some other women come to Gary. She wants to leave but Gary shakes his head saying no to her.  She feels like she gonna burst anytime. Gary and Soelhyun come back to their sits after a moment. “How was that?” Gary whispers to Jihyo and wraps around Jihyo’s shoulder. He smirks at Jihyo that make Jihyo feels angry. Jihyo flicks Gary forehead unconsciously.

                “Jerk!” Jihyo push Gary away and walks out from the club. She doesn’t know where she got the brazen to flicks Gary’s forehead. She claps her hands and laughs like some random drunken people. She suddenly squats and covers her face, she’s crying. The way Gary dance with Soelhyun keeps on repeating in her mind.

                With a heavy step, she walks home. Her eyes are swollen for one more time. “What happened Jihyo-ah?” It is Mrs Lee.  “Ohh, aunt, you’re still not sleeping?” Jihyo says as she didn’t aspects anyone still up when she goes home. Mrs. Lee is sitting at the living room.

                Jihyo walks to Mrs Lee. She hugs Mrs. Lee, “Why is it Jihyo-ah?” Mrs. Lee Jihyo head. “Nothing aunt, I just miss uri omma.” Tears running down Jihyo face when she says that. “eyy, this girl must be joking. Why must you crying for missing her? I’m here with you. You have all what you needed. You have me, your uncle, Kwangsoo and your friends.”

                “Aunt, is love usually hurt?” Jihyo asks as they silent after a moment. Mrs. Lee brokes the hug and looks at Jihyo. “Wae? Uri daughter has found her love of life?” Mrs Lee says. “Ani, it’s not me, it just my friend.” “Why is it with your friend?” Mrs. Lee knows that Jihyo is lying but she decides not to force her.

                “She likes this one guy and she doesn’t even knows since when did the feeling develops. But, the thing is, that girl only has a few more days to be with the guy. She wants to confess, but, she finds it is difficult to confess because..” the words are hanging as Jihyo doesn’t know what is the suitable word to say. “because..”

                “Because she afraid of being rejected?” Mrs. Lee completes Jihyo’s word. Jihyo looks at Mrs. Lee and nods. Mrs Lee Jihyo’s hairs, “Jihyo-ah, tell your friend to take time. Make sure that what she’s feeling is really love. If she confesses now but the feeling she has is not love, she will face problem in the future.”

                “Make sure that the person she likes is really single and can walk with her along the way. If she’s the only one who loves him, it will not last longer. In any relationship, we need two sided to make it happen. Tell your friend that love can be experience many times, but true love, gives a very huge impact when you’re hurt.”

                “Do you get my point?” Mrs Lee says to Jihyo. “Come, let’s go to sleep.” She reaches for Jihyo’s hands and leads Jihyo to her room. “Good night.” “Nae aunty, you too.” How Jihyo miss someone to say goodnight to her. She miss all about him.

 

 So, here are the update, sorry for taking so long to update. Hope you're enjoying it. Thank you for all the comments by the way. :)