Chapter - 7

Is That Him

 Gary looks into her eyes and smiles. The smile has make Jihyo confuses.

“Are you that blur? If I do want to protect my friends, I will not even care about this case. I will ignore it because this involves my friends. I had asks my friends, why did they beat the boy. They say that they had no intention to do so. Yet your cousin said he deserves to be beaten. You’re the one who broke the window out of sudden and the management wants me to find who did it.”

                Jihyo gives her mong face. “Why does Kwangsoo said he deserves it?”,Jihyo said in a low voice yet Gary can hears it.

                “He said, he wants to join our group. The three of us have never said that we’re a group. You cousin said we are the best and we do not like it. Haha says no to him and he keeps on insisting. Haha feels annoyed at that time as he has some matters. Your cousin mentions about Haha’s height and Jongkook hyung’s body. They hate it the most. Actually, my friends just tease your cousin, and he just overacts. Then you came and threw the ball. They’re just playing around. We all know Kwangsoo.” Gary explains the real situation.

                “Ooo. Then, I am the one who misunderstanding the real situation.” Jihyo says and looks at her sneaker.

                “So, now, you have no choices except being my slave for two month. Then, I’ll cover up this matter from the head of deputy.” Gary said. And only then, he realise it is 12 noon. He gets up from the bench.

                “Oyy, slave. Let’s go eat. It is on me.” Gary said as he sees Jihyo still at her position.

                “Sunbae, you know that there is a say, you feed the cow before send them to the slaughter house.” At some point, Jihyo feels insecure with Gary’s invitation.

                “But you are not a cow aren’t you? Let go.” Gary walks away with his backpack. Jihyo fists her hand and feels like punching Gary but retreat when Gary turns around.

                “What were you doing?” Gary said. “It’s nothing sunbae. Let go eat. Don’t you say that you’re hungry?” Jihyo said and leads the way.

***

Gary drives to a restaurant. It has a Jamaica’s concepts. the car full of silent along the way.

                “Wuhooo. Looks who is here? The mighty Kang Gary and her loud ahjumma.” Haha said with his childish voice. Gary smiles at Haha. Jihyo walks behind Gary. She follows every single step that Gary takes. They two ended up sitting side by side.

                “Aikk. What is happening here? Something is fishy. Oyy, ahjumma, you must be bless.” Haha said and make Jihyo feels weird. What does Haha means by? Gary just keeps quiet and pretends he did not hear anything from Haha.

                “What do you want to eat?” Gary asks Jihyo out of sudden. “Anything.” Jihyo replies as she does not know any menu to order.

                “Then, go to that counter and order this. One for me and one for you.” Gary points one of the menu then pointing his finger to the counter. Jihyo stands up and go to the counter.

                “Yah Gary-ah. Can you please explain what is happening here?” Jongkook asks while munching his foods. “I make her to become my slave.” Gary is scrolling at his phone. “Are you serious? Why?” It is Haha’s turns to ask. Both are looking at Gary to know the truth. “I am. I don’t want to drag this matter too long. I tell the management that I couldn’t find the person that broke the window.” Gary explains.

                “Wasn’t that gives you a hard time Gary-ah?” Jongkook knows the consequences when Gary gives a lame reason. “It was. But I said that I will take fully responsibility on this matter. I had paid for the new window. It is now settle.” Gary said and let out a heavy sigh. “Then why do you make that loud ahjumma become your slave?” Haha asks.

                “Nothing is free in this world. I just want to have some fun.” Haha and Jongkook feel weird with Gary’s answer as they know Gary is not a person who loves to make people pay back his deeds. They are about  to ask when Jihyo comes brings two plates.

                They continue to eat they own foods. Jihyo feels awkward through the lunch. The trio are having a normal their normal conversation. “Let’s me pays.” Haha said and go to the counter. “I’ll take my leave first hyung. Are you coming over tonight?” Gary asks and reaches for his backpack. Jihyo is still eating and now she has to eat faster. “I don’t think so Gary-ah. My mom called and she told me, my hyung might bring someone over for dinner tonight.” Jongkook tells Gary.

“Ok then, we will take our leave first hyung.” Gary looks at Jihyo, she is still struggling to finish her drink. She stands up and bows to Jongkook. “Oyy, where are you heading to? It is still early.” Haha is walking to their table. “We got something to do. We’ll go first.”

Jihyo feels angry to Gary. “Sunbae, I haven’t finished my food yet you leave.” “Then, why didn’t you finish up your food. Why do you come with me?” Gary is scrolling at his phone. “Then do you aspect me to stay with your bully friends?” “Then, do you aspect me to wait for you to finish your food?” Jihyo feels annoyed with Gary answer, then she turns around and walks away.

“Oyy, where are you going? Your time for being my slave is not yet..” Gary couldn’t finish his word when Jihyo’s phone rings. “Ohh aunty. Me? don’t worry about me aunty. I will be fine. I know. Nae, I wouldn’t be late. Mianhe aunty for making you worried. Don’t wait for me. go rest first. Nae.” Gary walks to Jihyo.

“Who was that?” “My aunt. Wae?” Jihyo asks. “Why are you so rude? I was talking to you and you ignore me. Is it hard to say ‘excuse me’? You need to be punishes. Let’s go.” Gary says and walks away. Jihyo still standing at her position. She is trying to combat with herself.

‘What wrongs at this guy? Is he crazy or what? I was just answered the phone calls. Yet he scolded me. Is he aspect me to ignore aunt call? He even didn’t wait for me to finish my food. The foods were so delicious and I want to enjoy it. Eeee, this mighty old man.’ She is talking to herself. “ Aren’t you coming?” Gary turns around as he feels that Jihyo is not walking with him.

“Nae! Sunbae, where are we heading to?” Jihyo asks. Now she is walking next to Gary. “Can’t you just follow me without any question?”