Chapter - 27

Is That Him

                 

                They’re at Gary house. They always spend the weekend together. Gary has designs a room for Jihyo just in case she needs her own space. Jihyo doesn’t sleep at Gary places, it just they always works together to find jobs. They spends time more like a best friend then a couple.

                Jihyo was so furious when Gary told her that he prepares the room for her. She doesn’t want people say that she is materialistic. But, Gary ignored her and brought in many clothes for her that make she become speechless. Gary innocently designs and asks Jihyo about the furniture placement in the room.

“Love, how do I look?” Gary is adjusting his necktie and walks into the room. They’re preparing themselves to go to Jongkook brother’s engagement ceremony. They’re wearing matching black suits and black dress. Jihyo looks at the reflections from the mirror before turns to him.

She walks to Gary and helps him with his necktie. “Cahhh..my man is ready now.” gary smiles and looks at his appearance. “You’re always beautiful. Are you done?” Jihyo nods at him and reaches for her pouch on the bed and head to the car.

***

Haha and Byul are already there when they arrive. Gary keeps Jihyo closes as she’s not know anyone at the party. On the other hand, Jihyo feels safe when closes to Gary. Her hands are holding on his arm when Gary introduces her to Jongkook family and friends.

Jihyo gets to know that they’re close enough to Gary. Eunhye walks to Jihyo with some ladies with her. Jihyo waves to Eunhye and Gary smiles as he can feel their closeness. “Jihyo-ah, this is Soora noona, Jongmin oppa fiancée, the girl of the night.” Jihyo reaches out her hands and shake hands.

“Congratulations, Soora-ssi.” Jihyo smiles at Soora. “Komawo. I think you are Jihyo-ssi, am I right?” Soora asks and Jihyo nods. “Jongkook and Eunhye always tell us about you and Gary. this boy really love you Jihyo-ssi.” Soora says and hits Gary.

“Eyy, noona, you don’t have to tell her how much I love her.” Gary pulls Jihyo closer with his left hand at Jihyo waist. He turns to Jihyo, “Because she’s the only one that can feel how much I love her.” Jihyo blushed at Gary words that make she stretches both of his cheeks.

“Aigoo,” Eunhye hits his arm followed by Soora hits his shoulder. “Jihyo-ah, come, let’s go. Just leaves this cheesy boy all alone.” Eunhye grabs Jihyo hands and walks away. “Hey, where do you want to take her? She is mine.” Gary shouts and follows them from the back. The girls laughsat him.

***

“We gather here to celebrate the couple…..” The emcee says and the guest all applause when the couple puts the rings on each other.

“Let’s have our own engagement.” Gary whispers to Jihyo that makes Jihyo stuns. All through the night, she just keeps quiet and just smiles to the guest. Gary notices that and decides to takes Jihyo home.

***

Gary parks his car at the park and gets out of the car. He opens the door for Jihyo and leads her to the bench. They’ re facing the Han river. They sit without a single word come from them.

It is Gary who breaks the silent, “What’re you thinking?” He is looking at Jihyo and interlocks their hand together. Since they’re going out, Gary seem like can read Jihyo without she needs to tell him.

Jihyo lets out a heavy sighs, she has no confidence to tell Gary about the things she has been thinks. Gary notices that and rubs her hand with his finger and nods at Jihyo. “I’m listening.” Gary says.

“Before I say this to you, I’m sorry if what I’m going to tell you will make you sad.” Gary nods at Jihyo. “Can we please take our relationship slowly? I don’t want to rush and make a decision that will only lead us to regret them.”

“When you told me to have an engagement, I was like.. I don’t know. I want to, but I’m still afraid to take our relationship to the next level. We’re still new and I don’t want to rush. Can we?” Jihyo looks at Gary in eyes.

Gary her forehead and cheek, “I’m sorry if I had made you feel burden.” “No..no.. it’s not a burden, it just I’m not ready.” Jihyo says as she doesn’t want Gary to misunderstand. Gary nods at her, “I know what you mean. It’s ok if you don’t want to have the engagement. After all, you’re mine.”

“I need you to express what you’re feeling so that no one hurt. I like it when you open up at me. you’re right, nothing to be rush for us to engage. I just want you know one thing that I love you and it feels like day by day, I keep on falling for you.” Gary says with his low voice that has melt Jihyo heart.

“Mianhe, Kang Gary.. thank you for tolerate with me. it just, I have dream that I want to achieve. Can you wait for me?” Jihyo voice is shaking as she is imagine how will it be her life without Gary presence when she is already get used to have him around.

“I will wait for you. Will always waiting for you.” Gary kisses Jihyo forehead and tears rolling down on Jihyo cheek. Her heart feels so flutter as she can feel his honesty.

***

“Kang Gary! I brought you kimbab!” Jihyo says as she steps in Gary house. She receives no response and decides to the mini garden. Gary is nowhere to be seen. Jihyo makes her way to Gary bedroom and knocks the door. No response.

“Where is he?” Jihyo talks to herself and pushes the door. She enters his room and checks the bathroom. No one is there. She takes her phone, no message or call from Gary. Jihyo sits on his bed and smiles at the memories when she tidied up the room.

It was Gary plan to have she around. In another word it was an excuse to make Jihyo comes to his house. He told his maid to mess up the room with all the clothes and books. The best part, the clothes that Jihyo washes was clean clothes.

He played with his phone to give his maid more time to mess up the room. “Such a childish man I have.” Jihyo smiles at the thought. Her eyes caught at his make-up table. A note sticks at the mirror. Jihyo takes the note and read it.

‘Ahjumma, I’m sure you’ll be looking for me. I’m sure you have misses me that much. Come to Hangang. I’m waiting for you at the park where we jogged last time. –The one that love you, Gary-‘

“Hangang? Jog?” Jihyo fists her hands, looking at her outfit. Luckily she has her own room.

***

Jihyo arrives at the park and frowns at the view that greets her. Each person that she passes by has a balloon. Some tie the balloon at their bicycle. Some hold the balloon at their hand even they’re jog. All the balloons are written 100th.

She dials Gary number but he doesn’t answer the call. She walks and still blank with the situation. What is the occasion that the people have balloon?

A teddy mascot approaches her. She stops from her walking and the teddy waves at her. The teddy is holding bunch of balloons. The teddy hands the balloons to Jihyo that make she becomes more confuses.

She turns and plans to run away but the teddy holds her hand and tells her to wait using signal. Jihyo looks at the teddy and it waves shyly to Jihyo. Jihyo takes the balloons from the teddy and it claps happily.

A boy approaches her holding a drawing block written, ‘Help me out of this. –Gary-.’ Jihyo frowns at the note and looks at the boy. He runs away before she manages to ask more. Jihyo looks to the left and right, looking for Gary.

She looks at the teddy mascot and hits it. The teddy doesn’t flinch and smiles as it is always smiles. The person inside must be annoyed. Jihyo pulls the teddy head when it refuses. She gives few of hits and slaps at it body.

“Happy 100th day.” It is the first word she hears when she manages to pull the teddy head. “Oppa…” She laughs at Gary who is soaked with sweat. She uses her sleeves to help Gary wipes his sweat. “Why bother to wear this custom?” She mumbles and smiles at Gary.

***

“Here.” Gary hands Jihyo a can of coke. They’re sitting on the grass, facing the Hangang. “Don’t worry, it will not burst.” Gary says at Jihyo when she looks at him suspiciously. Jihyo looks at his drinks, “Let’s change.”

“Eyy, why you don’t trust me? It is our 100th day.” Gary says to Jihyo but she insists to change their drinks.

Gary opens the drink and nothing happen. He frowns at Jihyo when she hands him her drinks. “Open it for me.” Gary glares at her, “Kang Gary, open it for me.” Jihyo whines and he laughs at her aegyo.

“Oppa, it is not our 100th day yet.” Jihyo says after she takes a sip from Gary drink. Gary smiles at her, knowing that she will argue about their day. “It is.” Gary answers it simply. “It is not.” Jihyo looks at Gary.

She admits that she feels move from Gary effort with all the balloons and the teddy custom. In the same time, she feels frustrated as it is not their 100th day yet. She feels it as if Gary is just playing around.

“I’m not playing around, it is our 100th day.” He puts his finger on Jihyo lips, stops Jihyo from argue. “From the first day you agreed to be my slave. Every those single day with you around, make me feel complete and happy.”

“Can you please live the other 100 days with me?” Gary is looking into Jihyo eyes. She feels like her heart flutter so much. She feels safe and comfortable with Gary around. She nods at Gary and gives him a pinky promise.

“But, why is it only 100 days?” Jihyo asks to Gary. “I don’t want to pressure you. Both of us are still new in relationship. Let’s work on it slowly. Is it ok?” Jihyo feels so grateful for Gary understanding. She nods happily.

***

“Oppa! Ironaa.. Palli ironaa.” Jihyo is sitting on the bed and shakes Gary body. She is waking him up. “Mmm, Jihyo-ah, wae? It’s Sunday. Let me have my sleep.” Gary pulls the blanket. “Awww, palli.. I have something to tell you.” Jihyo whines.

“Oppa..oppa…” Jihyo still shakes Gary body and sometimes gives him slaps. “Oppa..” “Mmmm, what is it?” Gary says with his hand wanders for Jihyo hand. He reaches for them and hold them tight. He puts her hand on his chest.

“You won’t listen to me of you’re sleeping.” Jihyo says with her sulky voice. “I’m listening, spill it out.” Gary is playing with Jihyo fingers. “I’ve got a job!” Jihyo shouts that make Gary jumps a little.

“Do you always shout like that?” Gary opens his eyes a little bit and looks at Jihyo. Jihyo nods, “Wae? Shiro? Then go to other girl that doesn’t shout.” Jihyo pulls her hands from Gary grips.

“It’s not that I don’t like it when you shout. I hate when other people know that you exist.” Gary receives a hit on his forehead. “Am I an alien that must be a private and confidential thing?” Gary chuckles at Jihyo word.

“I don’t like it when other people look at you. If I could, I’ll put you in a box and keep it in my room.” Gary gives out his cheesy words. Jihyo smacks his head before laughs at him, “You must be sleepy. So now, go and wash your face.”

Jihyo gets up from the bed, “Where’re you going?” Gary looks at Jihyo who is walking out of his room.  “I’ll be at the kitchen, come outside when you’re done.” Jihyo smiles at Gary that nods in his sleepiness.

***

“Can I have a morning kiss?” Gary hugs Jihyo from the back. She is cooking when Gary comes to the kitchen. When he looks at Jihyo wanders in his kitchen, he feels something. A happy and at some point, he feels bliss and calm looking at the view.

Jihyo smiles at his words before turns. She laughs at him when she looks at his mess hair. Her hands are resting at his neck with his hands wraps her waist. “Can you give me that morning kiss and stop laughing?”

Jihyo kisses his cheek that makes him grin like an ondal. “I give you your morning kiss, so, can you please help me to prepare the table?” Gary nods happily and smiles at the kiss.

“Are you sure that I’m not going to have stomach ache again?” Gary teases Jihyo that makes she glares at him. It was when Jihyo first time cook to Gary. He had stomach ache that day. The more he gets to know Jihyo, the more he falls for her.

“Let’s just eat oppa.” Jihyo says and starts to munch on her food. Gary smiles to her answer and feeds her. They eat in silent and Gary breaks the silent. “What is the thing that you want to tell me that make you wake me up early in the morning?”

Jihyo puts her chopstick down and looks at Gary. Gary stops from his eating as he knows that Jihyo want him to hear to her. “I get a job offer!” Jihyo says and jumps from her sit. Gary’s eyes wide open and claps his hand.

“Chincha?” Gary looks at Jihyo who is spinning the dining table before hugs him from the back. She rests her head on his neck. She nods and Gary smiles and happy for her. “What is the job that they offer?” Gary asks with a happy tone. They’re moving their body to the left and right.

Jihyo gives him a peck on his cheek, “As a model.” Gary froze immediately at his sit when Jihyo answer him. His smiles fade away and Jihyo loosen her hug on Gary. She looks at Gary for an explanation.

Gary takes her to the living room and makes she sits on the couch. Jihyo feels her heart beat fast when Gary squats and holds her hands. He will always do this when he wants Jihyo to do something. But, this time, Jihyo feels a little bit nervous.

Gary looks into Jihyo eyes and seems like looking for word. He feels guilty and selfish for what he’s going to say. “Can you not accept the offer?” Gary says with his almost whisper voice.

Jihyo stuns at his request that make her pulls back her hands from his grip and looks at him with puzzle face. Many unspoken questions playing in her mind on that one request.

 

Here is the update, and for those who’re curious about the 1st chapter, can you please wait a little bit. Just like Gary hyung always say, a little bit more. Till the next update. I’m sure you all have a good weekend (if you know what I mean).. thank you for the comments by the way..