Chapter - 8

Is That Him

Jihyo arrives at home at 8 p.m. she feels really tired as Gary as her to do many things.

‘That guy must be a high maintenance guy. He bought many things and I’m the one who bring it around. Aigoo my hands hurt. Aigooo, my legs suffer a load today. Mianhe uri legs.’ Jihyo talking to herself and massage her legs. She takes a long shower and put her pyjama. She applies some lotion on her body and her phone rings. It is him.

“Hello sunbae. Anything I can help you?” “Ohh, slave. What are you doing? I just want to talk to you. You’re my slave right? I have fully right on you.” “Ohh. I just done with my shower. I know that I’m your slave. You don’t have to remind me about that continuously.” Jihyo feels a little bit annoyed when Gary keeps on saying that she is his slave.

“Don’t forget to give me my caramel macchiato tomorrow. I’ll wait at the rooftop.” “But I have class tomorrow morning.” “Then just leave the cup at the table.” “Ok sunbae.” “Do you have any class after that?” “No, but I had promises to Byul to accompany she to the mall. She needs to find dress for her performance.” “Who is Byul?” “She is my classmate and my best buddies. And she is not a bully.” She traces the bully word. “Oyy, a slave should not say that to her master.” Gary knows who are Jihyo refers to.

“Then go to sleep. Make sure to give me my drink. Wake me up.” Gary breaks the silent when Jihyo didn’t talks anything. “Nee sunbae. I’ll give you your drink tomorrow. Good night sunbae.” “Sleep tight.” Gary says and ends the call. The last word has make someone sleeps in smile that night.

***

After the class and lunch, Jihyo and Byul head to KM Mall. Byul will be having a singing competition for the next two weeks. Byul is someone that hates to do things at last minutes. She always punctual, honest and a very happy go lucky person.

Jihyo receives a message from Gary asking where she is and thanks her for the drinks. Jihyo replies with a simple message. ‘KM Mall.’

“Jihyo-ah, has the slave things settle?” Byul is still looking for a suitable dress for her. She will be singing a ballad song. Too heavy design on the dress will make the judges annoyed.

“I agreed to be his slave for one month.” Jihyo says with a low voice. “omo. Chincha?” Jihyo nods at Byul’s question. “He promises to me that he will not report about the window.” “Such a gentleman he is.” “He is not a gentleman at all. Yesterday, I’m the one who carried all of his things. My hands feel like going to break. What a square head he has.” “You shouldn’t say so Jihyo-ah.” Byul looks at Jihyo smile and froze.

“I think someone is talking bad about me.” Jihyo now knows very well who is behind her. She turns around and looks at that person. “Ohh, sunbae. What are you doing here?” Next to him is Haha. His jaw drops when he sees Byul.

“Is this mall belongs to you?” “Aniyo.” Jihyo replies and shakes her head. “Then, can’t I come here?” Jihyo knows that she can’t debates with Gary and she choose to keep quiet.

“So, you’re Byul right?” Gary says and reaches out his hand and shake hand with Byul. “Hyung, I think I had found someone that bright my world. Gomawo hyung.” Haha said to Gary. Gary smiles at Haha.

“Come with me.” Gary says and pull Jihyo bag. “I can’t.” “Why?” “Then, who will accompany Byul?” “Haha will. Come.” Jihyo turns and looks at Byul and Haha. She senses something different at the way Byul’s looks at Haha. She feels some strange vibes for them. “Oyy, come.”

“Where are we going sunbae?” “You sure like to ask many questions don’t you?” Both are walking side by side. “Ok then.” “Do you bring your sport shoes and tracksuit?” “Nope. Why sunbae?” Gary is looking at Jihyo attires. Jihyo is wearing black short sleeve t-shirt, skinny jeans and palm shoe. They enter a shoe store.

‘This guy must really love to waste his money. It is just yesterday he bought a new shoe yet today another shoe? Such a high maintenance old man.’ Jihyo talks to herself while stand at the entrance. “Oyy, come here. Try this out.” Jihyo walks to Gary and Gary hands her a pair of shoe. “Does it fit to you?” Jihyo nods.

“We will take it.” Gary says to one of the worker. “Do you want to wear it or pack it?” the worker asks and smiles at both. “Not need to pack it. She will wear it.” Gary says looks at Jihyo. “Wae sunbae? You don’t..” Gary pinches Jihyo nose and walks to the counter to make payment. Jihyo gives out her mong faces.

She tries to think what is going on. Jihyo smiles at the worker as the worker smile at she. She must be happy to have a sweet boyfriend like him, the worker said to herself when saw Gary pinched Jihyo’s nose.

“Come.” Gary pull Jihyo bag as she stand in her mongness. Jihyo bows to the workers. “Why we need this sunbae?” Jihyo lifts her legs a bit and Gary looks at her new shoe. “Let’s get you a new tracksuit.” Gary says as he ignores Jihyo’s question.

***

Gary drives to somewhere. “Where are we heading to sunbae?” Jihyo asks when they are at the traffic light. “Han river.” Gary says still focus in his driving. “Why?” Jihyo looks at and Gary smile. “Jog. We have arrives. Come.” Gary said and step out of the car.

Jihyo walks to Gary. “This is your punishment for ignoring me yesterday. You must jog with me then only I’ll forgive you.” Gary says at Jihyo. “But I don’t feel like jogging.” “Then, what will you do for me to forgive you?” Gary looks at Jihyo and raises his eyebrows, his eyes travel to Jihyo’s body.

Jihyo back off as she knows what Gary will say. “ert!” Jihyo punches Gary at his chest and Gary chuckles. “What were you thinking?” Gary asks Jihyo even though he knows what does Jihyo means by. “Ok, let’s go jog.” Jihyo says as she feels annoyed at Gary. Gary smiles at Jihyo and follow her close.

***

After the jog, they sit on the grass. “Wahh! This is so refreshing! Thank you sunbae, even though it is punishment, but I feels refresh after long time not jogging.” Jihyo says while closing her eyes and feels the fresh air. Suddenly, she feels something heavy on her thigh, she opens her eyes. “Then let me borrow this for me to lay down. Don’t move. Let me rest.” Gary lays his head on her lap.

Jihyo was startled at Gary when he lays his head on her lap. Gary closes his eyes. Jihyo looks at Gary face, he has an average face but he has something that can attract people to him. He has a normal size forehead, small eyes and semi pointed nose. He must not smokes, Jihyo thought when she looks at his red lips. His lips remain her at her dream. What does that dream trying to tell her? One of the reasons for her willing to be Gary’s slave is because of that dream.

“Am I that handsome that make you staring at me like that?” Gary asks with his closes eyes. Jihyo was about to touches his lips when he asks the questions. Jihyo tries to calm herself. “What? Who is handsome?” Jihyo looks at the Han river and peoples around. She is trying to avoid Gary’s eyes, just in case he opens his eyes.

Gary gets up after a few minutes later. “Come, let go home. You must be tired, aren’t you?” Gary asks Jihyo. “I am. I don’t know that you such a consider person sunbae. Thank you.” Jihyo says and smiles sweetly at Gary.

“Didn’t I tell you being my slave is a better way than go to the deputy isn’t it?” Jihyo nods at Gary’s statement. “Wait for me at the car.” “Where are you going sunbae?” Gary was about to walk away when Jihyo asks Gary. He turns around and looks at Jihyo. “Ok, I get it, no question right? I’ll wait at the car.” Jihyo then jogs to the car.

***

Jihyo is tying her shoelace when Gary approaches the car. Gary steps quietly from the back and screams. Jihyo shout at Gary and sits down due to the shock. Gary laughs loudly.

“It is hilarious Jihyo-ah.” Gary says while still laughing at Jihyo. Some people that pass by laugh at them. Some of them think what a sweet couple they are, teasing each other. Gary is squatting facing Jihyo. Jihyo feels like crying due to shock.

“Mianhe, my slave. Are you that shock? Mianhe.” Gary smiles at Jihyo. “eee, sunbae. I hate you.” Jihyo slaps Gary’s arm. “Ahh, that hurt.” Gary rubs his arm. “Here, your drinks. Mianhe.” Gary says and hands Jihyo a can of drinks.

“Who drinks coke after a jog? You must have no sense of healthy right? By the way, thank you sunbae.” Jihyo says and opens the coke. The water burst out. For one more time, Gary laughs hysterically. Jihyo face is wet because the coke burst and hit her face. “Sunbae! You’re so annoying.”

Gary walks to the driver side. “You must think I’m nice to you for bringing you the coke right? You must be dreaming. Come, let’s go.” Jihyo is still sitting on the road, next to the car. She is wiping the dripping coke at her face with her hands. “Are you not coming?”

Jihyo enters the car with a sulky face. “Aigoo, my slave.” Gary says and reaches something from the back sits. Jihyo is facing outside, totally ignoring what Gary doing. “Come here.” Gary pulls up Jihyo chin to face him and wipe the dripping coke. Jihyo froze and feels like her heart pound hard. She pulls back her head and Gary goes blank. “What?” “Nothing. You said we’re going home. Let’s go.”

 

Here the update. Sorry for taking too much time to update. Then, till the next time. Keep loving our GaeJihyo. :-)