Chapter - 13

Is That Him

                The next two days, Jihyo still in her zone. She gives Gary his drink then goes to the class and does not update to him her activities. The weird thing is, they will be calling at night and act as there is nothing happen.

***

“Here. Your caramel macchiato.” Jihyo hands Gary the paper cup that has been her routine. She takes sit facing Gary and hands him the bread. Gary looks at her with a confuse face. “Here, the bread, it is for my apology for the last two days. I’m sorry because not update to you as I should.” Jihyo lower her head as she feels guilty.

 “Why are you suddenly kind to me?” Gary not yet take the bread, he tries to think logically but can’t. Gary gives out his serious face. Jihyo looks up and laughs at Gary. “Wae? Is there something wrong at my face?” Gary asks as he doesn’t know why she laughing so hard. “You look so ugly sunbae.” Jihyo says and Gary glares at her.

“Do you find it funny?” Gary says with his serious tone and just like a magic, Jihyo stops from laughing. “Mianhe sunbae.” Gary is avoiding Jihyo’s eyes. Jihyo stands up and sits beside Gary. Gary shocks at Jihyo’s action but he keeps on quiet.

                Jihyo looks into his eyes. Gary is eating the bread, he himself also doesn’t know when did he opened his mouth. He is munching his bread when Jihyo touch his lips. “You got something here.” Jihyo says and wipe the cream on Gary’s lips. Gary pushes her hands away.

                “Don’t you have class to go?” Gary says and avoiding from make eyes contact with Jihyo. “Ohh.. I have class..I’ll go first sunbae.” Jihyo is stuttering and stand immediately. She takes her bag and books then walks as fast as possible but try not to make Gary notices that she is rushing.

                ‘Yah! Song Jihyo, What were you doing? He is your sunbae.’ Jihyo is fighting with herself. Then, she looks at her finger, her thumb. There is a cream on it. She it. ‘It is sweet.’ She smiles along her way to her class.

***

                “Jihyo-ah, do you have any plan after the class?” Byul asks while packs her books. “Wae?” “Do you want to go to the mall?” Byul looks at Jihyo, she still packs her thing. “Mianhe Byul-ah, I had plan with sunbae.” Jihyo says and reaches for Byul’s hand. “Dugu? Ohh, Gary oppa. It’s ok then.” Byul says with a meaningful smile. “Chincha mianhe. Maybe next  time Byul-ah. Then, I’ll go first Byul. See you tomorrow.”

                Gary is sleeping when Jihyo reaches the rooftop. Jihyo looks at his peaceful face. ‘How come a person can be so cruel to me and peace in his sleep?’ There few strand hair cover Gary’s face. Jihyo squat in front Gary and remove his hair from his face.

                “Yah! You should kick the ball to Siwon.” Gary suddenly says and makes Jihyo cover with her hand, she shocks. She looks at Gary, he is still sleeping. “Haha-ah, you should go and confess to her.” Jihyo smiles at Gary, he must be dreaming. Suddenly Gary laughs and Jihyo sits on the floor. “Ahh cham. You, naughty girl always have a way to make me come.” Jihyo’s smiles fade when she hears Gary says so.

‘Who is he dreaming? Ahh, my heart. Why does it feel suddenly hurt?’ Jihyo touches her chest, trying to ease the pain. “The ticket is expensive omma. I do miss you.” Jihyo suddenly smiles once again. She breaths in happily as if she has passes the exam. Her phone vibrates.

She gets up and walks away. It is Kwangsoo. “Ohh Kwang….” “Ani. This is not Kwangsoo. Hello, loud ahjumma.” Haha says with his deep voice, as if he is some gangsters that kidnap Kwangsoo.

“Yah! Why you have Kwangsoo’s phone?” Jihyo know it on the spot, it is Haha. She can hear that Kwangsoo is laughing hard and another person told Haha to cut all the drama. Maybe Jongkook. “Gary hyung is with you right?” Haha asks, still immerse in his acting. “Nae.” “Then, if you want your cousin to be safe, make sure you spend your day with Gary hyung today. I had told Kwangsoo’s parent that if anything happen to Kwangsoo, it is your responsibility. Muahahahahaa.” Haha laughs loudly before ends the call.

“What was that? Such a little boy.” Jihyo turns and shocks as someone is behind her. She losses her balance and she almost fells to the floor before a pair of hand lands on her waist. It is Gary. “Who was that?” Gary asks while Jihyo is still in his embrace. “The little boy.” Jihyo is stuttering and her heart pound hard. “You almost felt down.” Gary lets his hand off and holds Jihyo’s hands to balance her.

“Come, I want to bring you to somewhere. Have you eaten?”Gary turns and walks to the bench to get their thing. He is still holding Jihyo’s hand. “Not yet.” Jihyo says then realise that Gary is still holding her hand. She pulls her head and pretends that there is a call. “Ohh, Byul.. ohh.. ok.. nae.” Gary looks at her as he feels weird because Jihyo’s phone didn’t ring.

“I put it on silent.” Jihyo explains. “Like do I care. Let’s go” Gary says and Jihyo mimic him. ‘Like do I care. Square head old man.’

***

“Hyung, mianhe, but I hope you don’t mind if I ask you a question.” Kwangsoo looks at Jongkook and Haha. “What?” Jongkook looks at Kwangsoo. They are eating at the cafeteria. They have get along as Jihyo become Gary’s slave. “What is happening between Gary hyung and noona actually? Uri omma told us last night that Gary hyung is noona namjachingu.”

“Why does your omma say so Kwangsoo?” Haha asks as he munches his food. “Gary hyung sent uri noona home.” “What? Haha-ah..” Jongkook shocks to Kwangsoo’s statement. Then, Jongkook and Haha laugh leaving Kwangsoo to go blank. “Ahh cham, that silly boy. Just want to make her a slave.” Haha suddenly stands up and shouts. “Uri hyung is in love.”

***

“What are we doing here sunbae?” Jihyo asks when they have arrives at Gary’s class. “We..no..no.. you’re gonna clean this class.” Gary says and makes his way to one of the table and sits on it. “Wae?” Jihyo walks to Gary and put her bag besides Gary. “Because of you, I had been punishes for one week to clean this class.” Gary tells Jihyo. “Why is it because of me?” “Aigoo.” Gary says and flicks Jihyo forehead. Jihyo rubs her forehead, “Sunbae!”

“Ahh.. that’s enough. Start working because..” Gary leaves the word hanging and makes Jihyo waiting. Gary reaches for Jihyo’s cheek and stretches her cheek. “Ahhh..appoo.” Jihyo slaps Gary’s hands and glares at him. Gary was about to flick her forehead when Jihyo runs to the back of the classroom and take the broom and start HER punishment.

“Finally.” Jihyo says and takes her sits beside Gary. “Let’s go.” Gary says and jumps off the table. “Sunbae, I just sit down yet you..” Jihyo lets a heavy sigh. She walks after Gary but she keeps on complaining.

‘Such a weird sunbae. He asks me to do his punishment, yet he didn’t buy me anything. Can’t he just at least buy me a drink. Aigoo. Square head old man.’ Jihyo talks to herself. She is stamping her feet. “Do you wish to make a hole on the floor?” Gary looks at Jihyo and reaches her hand. “I have no time, can’t you just walk faster? You’re not a baby, yet walks so slow.” They are heading to the soccer field.

“What’s wrong of being a baby?” Jihyo complain to herself but Gary still can hear her complain. He smiles at that word. Jihyo looks upward to Gary’s face and her heart..skip a beat? Why?.

‘What wrong with me? How can I be melt to see his cheekbone? Can I ki..? Yah! Jihyo-ah!’ Jihyo hits her head. A hand holds her hand, “You’re hurting yourself.” Gary says and pats her head. “Wait for me here. I need to take my sport bag in the locker room.”

Jihyo follows Gary to the field and sits at her usual place. She looks at him, she is admiring him. Something is curling in her heart, but she doesn’t know what is it and she finds it is beautiful to feel it. Herself also don’t know, since when did she has her usual spot. She smiles at that thought.

“Hey beautiful.” It is Choi Minho, he is smiling at Jihyo. Jihyo smiles back at him but she is actually feels insecure having Minho around. His smile froze when he looks at Gary is coming from the field. He bows at Gary and runs to the field. Gary smiles at him.

Jihyo hands him his water. She looks at her watch, it is still early then the usual time Gary ends his training. ‘Why does he end his practice earlier? Is he rushing because he wants to go a date?’

  “Wait for me in the car. Here, the keys.” Gary says and gives his keys to Jihyo. “Where’re you going?” Jihyo asks and tries to get up. Gary reaches her hand and helps her to stand. He pats the dirt at Jihyo hips, “I’m taking shower. You just wait in the car.”

***

‘Yah! Song Jihyo. Why did you let him pats your hips? Are you crazy?’ a voice screaming inside Jihyo. ‘Ani, I’m like it.’ Another voice says with a soothing voice. ‘What!! You like it? You must be crazy. Why do you like it?’ the first voice said. ‘I don’t know, I just..’ The second voice seems like losing her word. ‘I don’t know.’ The voice continues.

A knock at the window wakes up Jihyo from her daydream, she jumps a little. It is Gary, he is smiling at Jihyo and signal to Jihyo to unlock the door and walks to the driver side. Jihyo smiles back and looks at his cheekbone. ‘His cheekbone is killing me.’

Gary looks at Jihyo as he steps into the car. He reaches for Jihyo’s seatbelt and plugs it for her. Their position is so close that make Jihyo pull her head backward. She can smell his perfume and she like it. Gary her cheek, “Breath Jihyo-ah.” Gary says then pulls her cheek and laughs. Jihyo hits his hands and Gary laughs again makes Jihyo annoyed. Gary steps on the gas while laughing with his evil tone.

“Where we’re going actually?” Jihyo breaks the silent between them. Gary is still focus on driving that he ignores the question. “Sunbae..” “Can you please keep quiet or you want me to kiss you to make you silent?” Gary says but his eyes still on the road. Jihyo was taken aback at his statement that makes she quiets.

They stop at a supermarket. “Wait in the car. I need to get something from the market. Do you want anything?” Gary looks at Jihyo but she keeps her head down and shakes her head. Gary suddenly feels guilty but decides to make up later.

‘Why is that sunbae?’ Jihyo suddenly feels like crying but she doesn’t know why. Gary backs to the car after a few minutes. He brings two plastic bags containing vegetables, mandarin and maybe some meats. He puts it at the back sit.

“What’s the occasion sunbae?” Jihyo asks. “I’m hungry after the practices, can you please cook for me?” Gary ignores Jihyo’s question. Jihyo’s eyes open widely when hear Gary’s request. “I can’t sunbae.” Jihyo says. “Why do you can’t? You’re girl. A girl should know how to cook.” Gary says and turns to look at Jihyo repeatly.

“I just don’t know how to cook.” Gary is scratching his head and Jihyo suddenly blush as she told Gary that she can’t cook.