Chapter - 26

Is That Him

                After their journey to Jeju, they rarely meet up because of their exam week. The exam takes about a month. They only meet up before go to their exam. During the exam week, Gary got to know Jihyo better when it is relates to study. She so concern about the study and wants to score for the exam.

                At one of the exam day, Jihyo bursts out at Gary when he wakes up late. He stayed up late to study but he didn’t study actually that night. It is so not like him when stayed up late to study. People always say that a man brain is a gift, they can think more simples than a girl. They can put a complicated thing into simple words.

                “Hyung, how was the exam?” It is Gaeko who taps Gary shoulder. Today is the last day for their exam. Their course always ends the exam week. “I think I can score. But, it depends if I don’t mix up the point.” Gary says and recalls the questions.

                “I do hope so. Let’s go celebrate hyung.” Gary looks at Gaeko when his stomach growling. Gaeko laughs at him, “It’s ok Gaeko-ah, I have something to attend.” Gary says as he has something that he had planned before hands. He taps Gaeko shoulder before walks away.

                “This hyung is seriously weird. His is growling but doesn’t want to come along. Aigooooo.” Gaeko mumbles to himself, looking at Gary who drives away.

                ***

                “Aunty…..” Jihyo walks to the kitchen and approaches her aunt. Mrs. Lee looks at Jihyo trying to read her. “Can you please teach me how to cook?” Jihyo says with her low voice. She sits at the dining table and Mrs. Lee approaches her. She smiles looking at Jihyo who is blushing now.

                She takes Jihyo hands. “Wae Jihyo-ah? Did Gary ever ask you to cook?” Mrs. Lee teases her. Her family knew about Gaeji relationship. Gary had asked the permission from her and her husband to going out with Jihyo which they readily allow. The most happy person is Kwangsoo.

                He took out his camera and captured the moment. He happily called Jongkook and boasted about Gary is asking the permission to go out with her noona formally from his parent. Mrs. Lee smiles at the memories.

                “Anii.. it just I think it is the time for me to learn how to cook. At least I know how to cook a simple dish.” Jihyo says. “Are you sure you have no other attention to learn how to cook?” Mrs. Lee takes some stuff from the fridge.

                Jihyo smiles sheepishly at Mrs. Lee, knowing that Mrs. Lee can read her mind. “Honestly, I want to cook something for him. After all I’m a girl and a girl need to know how to cook.’’ Jihyo says, she smiles when she remember that Gary once said the word when he wanted Jihyo to cook.

                Jihyo whines as Mrs. Lee slaps her arm. “And only now you know that a girl needs to know how to cook. Before this you give me many excuses. ‘Ahh, I can’t aunty, I have things to do.’ ‘Mian, I’ll learn next time aunt.’ ‘I’ll help you next time.’” Jihyo laughs at Mrs. Lee that mocks her. She reacts perfectly with the mimic.

                Jihyo takes the knife and starts to help Mrs. Lee peels the onions and cuts them. Mrs. Lee looks at Jihyo that focus cutting the vege. “You sure have imagines your future with him, aren’t you?” Mrs. Lee blurts out and Jihyo stops from her cutting and looks at Mrs. Lee.

                “What are you talking about aunt?” Jihyo denies and continues to cut. “I have more experiences Jihyo-ah.” Jihyo puts away her knife and looks at Mrs. Lee with a mong face. “When a girl want to give a boy the food that she cook by herself…”

                Mrs. Lee takes Jihyo hands and stokes them, “She is actually want to have a future with that boy. She has imagines that she is the one who will walks around his kitchen and prepares the food. So, are you that girl?”

                Jihyo sighs heavily, “I am that girl. All the thing that you said are true but..” she is biting her lips. “We just start and I don’t want to give myself a big hope. If…” her words are hanging. “If..” she sighs at the thoughts.

                “If we break up, then I’ll not be hurt too much.” Jihyo says and looks at Mrs. Lee. “A relationship will always have it up and down. During those up and down, you can know whether the relationship still can be going or not. But, remember one thing, what mean to be will always mean to be.”

                The doorbell rang. “I’ll get it.” Mrs. Lee walks to the door and Jihyo continue her works. She frowns to hear Mrs. Lee is talking to someone happily. She is cutting and she feels someone is walking to her.

                “Aunt, what will be mix to this vegetable?” She murmurs with her eyes still focus on her cutting. “I think we should put some egg.” A man voice and make Jihyo jumps from her sits. She turns and stands up. It is Gary.

                “Woww, take it easy..” Gary says and takes the knife from Jihyo hand. He puts it on the table. He walks to the sink and put the thing he bought at there. “What’re you doing here?” Jihyo looks at Gary. He walks to her and put both of his hand at the table that make Jihyo between him.

                “I have miss you like crazy.” He says with his head move closer to Jihyo. “Jihyo-ahh!” Mrs. Lee calls for Jihyo from the living room. Jihyo pushes him away that makes he chuckles at her nervousness. “Nae!” Jihyo pushes Gary face softly before walks to the living room.

                “What is it aunt?” Jihyo asks with stuttering voice. Mrs. Lee frowns, “What’s wrong with you Jihyo? Why are you stuttering?” Mrs. Lee questions has make Jihyo blushes. Jihyo touches her cheek, “Really, nothing. Why were you calling for me?”

                “I just want you to call your uncle and tell him that Gary is here.” Jihyo feels a little bit confuse, “why do we need to tell uncle?” Mrs. Lee approaches Jihyo, “He’ll come home early if he knows Gary is here or you’ll take the blame for not telling him his favourite person is here.” She walks to the kitchen.

                Gary is doing Jihyo’s work when Mrs. Lee enters the kitchen. “Aigoo, Gary-ah. You just go rest. You’re guest. Go on rest. You just finish your test and come straight to here. Go!” Mrs. Lee takes the knife from Gary and pushes him to the living room.

                He bumps to Jihyo. “Where’re you going? Home?” Jihyo asks with a sulky voice. She feels a little bit offended if Gary goes home as they have not meeting for a long time. “I ask him to get some rest. He comes straight to here after his exam end.” Mrs. Lee says to Jihyo when she sees Jihyo seems like sad.

                ‘She loves that boy so much when she keeps on denies. Gary loves her as much as she does.’ Mrs. Lee says to herself when Jihyo looks at Gary. ‘The air is full of love scent.’ Mrs. Lee smiles at her thought. She continues her work, leaving the couple by they own.

                “Seriously you came straight here after your exam?” Jihyo looks at Gary with her cute mong face. Gary nods at her, “I’m so tired and need some rest. I was expecting to at least get a kiss from you. Yet you keep on busy.” Gary says with his sulky tone. It is his turn to sulk.

                Jihyo his cheek, “Are you angry?” She is using her cute charm and Gary is melting like a chocolate when Jihyo touches him. But, he decides to keep on his sulking moment. “Forget about it. I know that I’m the only miss you like a crazy person when you’re not. Move aside.” Gary pushes Jihyo aside and lay on the couch.

                He closes his eyes and tries to sleep. A kiss lands at his right cheek that make his eyes wide open. Jihyo is squatting and grinning at him, “I’ve been miss you, Mr. Kang Gary.” Jihyo whispers to Gary before runs to the kitchen.

                Someone sleeps with a big smile on his face and the other cooks and grins without any reason just like a mad woman always do.

                ***

                “Love, let’s go to amusement park this weekend.” They’re walking at the park near Mr. Lee house. He had dinner at Mr. Lee place. “Amusement park? Out of many places in Soeul, you choose to go to amusement park. That place is for children.” Jihyo complains.

                “What’s wrong with amusement park? You once a child and went to the amusement park. It is a place fills with laughter and screams.” Their hands keep on bumps at one another. “You’re right. But, we have many other places. Namsan, Hangang, Mapo bridge” Jihyo lists out the places.

                “If in that case, let’s go to the hotel.” Gary blurts out and makes Jihyo quiets. “I just want to see you smiles and laughs out loudly. I love it when you smiles.” Gary gives out his cheesy word. Jihyo clears , not knowing what to say.

                “It feels like all my stress after the exam drained out. Your smiles just like a drug for me. I keep on craving for it even you’re smiles and laughing. I just want you to be yourself without any burden.” Their hand keeps on bump and Gary links their hands.

                “But, we’re in relationship, aren’t we? I’m afraid if I show you the true of me, you’ll walk away.” Jihyo tells the truth. “Do you love me that much?” Gary teases Jihyo. “Kang Gary….” Jihyo whines as she is in serious mood.

                “Mian.. we’re in relationship but, I like it more if you just be yourself. Be the crazy girl that broke the window panel.” Gary recalls the incident that meets him with Jihyo. Jihyo is laughing when she recalls the incident. They sit at the bench under the lamppost.

                “The window panel.. It has makes you and me meet and ended up like this.” Jihyo says after her laughs. “I think we should thanks Jongkook hyung and Haha that make you misunderstand and give me to the opportunity to get to know this little crazy girl.”

                Gary pinches her cheek before it softly. He takes her hands into his. “Let’s stay like this before going home.” Gary pulls Jihyo into his embrace and kiss on top of her head. “I wish I can take you home.”

                Jihyo heart skips a beat when Gary says that he wants to take her home. ‘Stay together? Can I? What if we break up and I have nowhere to go? No one knows what will happen in future.’ Jihyo is thinking by herself.

                “I take it as yes to amusement park. Is it ok love?” Gary asks once again and Jihyo hair. “Mmmm.” Jihyo hugs Gary that makes him smiles happily.

                ***

                “Oppa.. look at that! Let’s ride them!” Jihyo smiles widely looking at the Viking, ferris wheel and even carousel. She feels so excited that makes she clings to Gary too much. She whines like a little girl wants her presents.

                Gary smiles at Jihyo and follows her to where she pulls him. His eyes fix on Jihyo who is excitedly points to this and that around the park. ‘What a cute girl I have here?’ He thought to himself and smiles at their hands.

                Since they start, their hands seems like connect automatically without they realises. Their hands fit each other as if they’re made for one and another. Sometimes, even they’re not holding hands, either Gary or Jihyo will always touches one another slightly. Just to make they know, their love one is there.

                She pulls him to the Viking. The staffs help them with the safety belt and Gary pulls Jihyo closer that make she rests her head on his chest, just in case she is afraid. But it turns differently from what Gary thought. She is shouting happily follows by laugh in between her shouts. She keeps on shouting Gary name, ‘Kang Gary’ all the times.

                After shouts of their heart at the Viking, Jihyo pulls Gary to the ferris wheel. It seems like a must for the couple to ride ferris wheel together. They’re line up to get in the ferris wheel. Luckily, people are not many as they always do and that make, Gaeji can ride the ferris wheel by their own.

                Jihyo tighten her grips on Gary hands as the ferris wheel starts moving. Gary smiles when he looks at her who keeps on looking outside. “Wae oppa?” Jihyo turns to Gary. Gary pinches her cheek softly, “You know what? I don’t think we talk much today but you still can make me feel complete.”

                Gary recalls back along their date, they barely talks as they’re enjoying the visits. But, he feels like he happy when Jihyo is with him. Jihyo laughs at him, “You give me that idiotic grins again.” Jihyo says and burst out loud her laughs.

                Gary lets her hand and turns to the other side. He is looking at the view, with his sulky face. “awww, are you angry?” Jihyo held his face in between her hands. Gary pushes her hands, and folds his arm together.

                A kiss land on his lips, “Are you angry?” Jihyo says and bits her lips. Gary is taken aback by Jihyo sudden move, even though it just a peck, but, he still feels that it is a brave action from a girl. “Yes, I am. How can you say that I have an idiotic face? I’m not your sunbae anymore, I’m your namjachingu.”

                “Mianhe..oppa?” Jihyo peeks at Gary and pulls his arms to make him looks at her. Gary turns to her, “I forgive you. And, one more thing, if you want to do it, can you do it properly?” Gary says and makes Jihyo blank. “What is…..”

                Gary attacks her lips passionately before she finishes her sentences. Jihyo is off guard that make Gary take full advantages. His right hand pull Jihyo body closer to him and Jihyo hands naturally find their way at Gary waist.

                Gary breaks the kiss and rests his forehead on hers. They’re panting from the kisses, “Mianhe.. I can’t control myself. You got that effect on me.” Gary says and touches Jihyo lower lips. Jihyo is still blushing from the kiss, luckily no one in the same Ferris wheel.

                She pulls herself from Gary and fans herself with her hand. She feels hot suddenly that make she sweats. Gary wipes her forehead with his sleeves and pulls her into her arms. “That is how you should do it.” Gary says and gets a slap on his chest.

 

 

Here is the update. I’m so sorry. I have been busy for the whole week. Thank you for the comments. Till the next update.