Chapter - 41

Is That Him

“Ohh? Gary-ssi, morning. Did you get enough sleep?” Jihyo asks Gary as she turns to the dining table. She is preparing the breakfast and feels a little bit surprise to have Gary sits at the dining table without a word. Jihyo smiles at him and pours the milk in his glass and juice for herself. “You don’t like juice in the morning right?”

Gary actually feels a bit confuse with Jihyo and himself when he looks at Jihyo just now. He feels like he had done all this with some girls, not GIRLS actually, just one girl. The way the girl walks and laughs are all the same. Some blurred pictures keep on coming back and forth in his mind. The only thing that he knows is they’re all his lost moment in life but he can’t see the girl face.

“How did you know?” Gary looks at her, no one else know he doesn’t drink juice in the morning, besides his omma. “Just by guessing maybe.” Jihyo grins at him and handed him the chopstick. “But, may I ask why?” Jihyo just feels like want to talk more with him.

“I don’t know why, but, my mom said I had an accident and I become comatose. I break my leg and she says drink milk will help my bones become stronger.” Gary says with his mouth full with the food. Even the taste feels like familiar to him, is he going crazy?

Jihyo smiles weakly with a thought how much his mother doesn’t want Gary to hurt himself. She knew that Gary drinks milk because of his accident, but the story become different as his mother skips his college years.

Gary looks at Jihyo who is staring mongly at him, “What’re you doing not eating this delicious food?” Gary says and adds some side dish to Jihyo plate. He frowns when Jihyo smiles sweetly to him and tilts her head a bit. He ignores it by scoops more food.

“Gary-ssi, what should we do today? Should we go to amusement park or..” “Yahh! Ahjumma, have you takes your medicine, it seems like you stress out too much for the project that make you not in your state of mind, isn’t it?” Gary says to her. Jihyo smiles, she knows that Gary is actually feels nervous to be with her.

***

Gary takes his shower after Jihyo keeps on insists him too. When he steps into the room, he feels an unexplained feeling in him. Weird pictures keep on coming across his mind that makes he feels annoyed yet he still wants it to come.

He washes his face furiously when he keeps on listen on the conversation between him and the blurred face girl, there’s laughing in between talk. The girl is nagging and scolding him for not shaving himself for days and puts the wet towel on the bed. He ignores the voice and takes his shower.

He opens his eyes and turns slowly when he feels like someone is looking at him. Is this a haunted house or what? He screams out with all he had when his eyes met Jihyo who is peek at the door. “Yahh! What are you doing there?! Go away! Ahhhh!” he says.

Jihyo looks at him with her innocent look and opens the door wider, as if she wants to get into the bathroom. Gary screams again and sticks himself at the wall, “Yahh! Don’t do crazy thing! GO!” Jihyo move one step forward, “What’re you thinking Gary-ssi?”

She smirks, “I told you that I had put the clothes for you on the bed but you give no responds. I thought you might be sleeping or what, so..” Gary looks at her suspiciously. “Chincha?” Jihyo nods to him, “Then, go away.” Gary orders to her.

Jihyo nods and closes the door.  Gary screams once again when Jihyo suddenly opens the door again, “By the way Gary-ssi, you have a nice body.” Jihyo says with a playful smile and closes the door completely. Gary was taken aback to Jihyo statement and looks at himself.

He covers himself and feels like crying. “What should I do? I’m in a ert house.” He whines and crawls to lock the door. Why he didn’t lock the door before? Luckily he’s wearing boxer, so Jihyo didn’t saw ‘it’. But…still, he feels harasses. He whines again.

***

“Ohh? Hyung? How come you come together with Jihyo? uuuu…. I smell something fishy here..” Haha says as he sees Jihyo and Gary come together to the hall. They’re wearing almost the same blue colour clothes. He can see the way Jihyo smiles is so much different from before. It seems like she has come back to 5 years ago.

“What do you mean?” Gary says, tries to control himself from stutters for that short word. Haha narrows his eyes that make Gary to add, “We just met outside just now.” Jihyo peeks at him, “Are you sure Gary-ssi?” She likes to tease the teenager, innocent Gary. gary blinks repeatedly and walks away join the other workers, asks them about the progress.

“Gary-ssi, can you please come with me for a while?” Jihyo suddenly and approaches Gary. He looks a little bit surprise to Jihyo. Jihyo is actually notices one of the female workers looks at Gary since he talks to them. ‘He is mine, ok?!’ A little naughty voice screams in Jihyo that makes she smirks to the girl.

“You can ask other guys to accompany you. Haha. Where is Haha?” Gary turns to left or right to looks for Haha. “You better come with me, or else I’ll tell him that you slept with me last night.” Jihyo says arrogantly and gives a meaningful smile to Gary. “Yah, I’m not slept with you. I slept at you house, and it was accidently.”

“So, what is the different? The story is still the same, you slept with me, in the same house. or, do I need to mention the bed to make it like you slept with me?” Jihyo adds, with a creepy smile on her face. “Yahh, what’s going on you ahjumma? You’re not yourself since yesterday. And, can’t you low your voice mentions about the slept over?” Gary signals to her that some of the works are looking at them in an awkward way.

“I’m actually become who I’m supposed to be. Wae? Have you fall for me? then it is not fun oppa, you shouldn’t  fall to me.” Jihyo folds her arms together. “But it’s ok, I’m gonna make you hate me in whatever it takes with every single charms that I have.” She adds and leads the way.

“Crazy ahjumma..” Gary says and follows Jihyo with his heavy step.

***

“This gonna be the makeup room for the women and the man is next door.” Jihyo says and looks around the room. She smiles at the memories where Gary splashed her with the coke when he was punished to clean the classroom. She smirks, how can a memory when they’re together clearly in her mind but zero for the guy next to her.

“What?” Gary looks at Jihyo when she hands him a broom. “Clean the room of course. What are thinking? Should I make this broom become your mic stand? Save it for later Gary-ssi… we have so much time to see you singing. So, now, start working.” Jihyo takes Gary hand to give the broom and pats his bottom.

“Ahjumma!” Gary raises his voice to Jihyo but to his surprised, she doesn’t flinch at all, besides, she pinches his cheeks together, “I know you like it. But, please controls yourselves, we’re at work. Your voice might make others know that we’re here. Ok?” Jihyo tilts her head that makes Gary laughs awkwardly.

He turns away and starts to sweep the floor. He mumbles a few unknown words that make Jihyo smiles at him. ‘Kang Gary is still Kang Gary.’ The sound of the door close make Gary turns, “Yahh! Ahjumma!” He sighs, and looks at the broom, “What am I doing here? I’m one of the important person for this project, and now, I’m..sweeping the floor?”

He throws the broom away and decides to leave the room. After a few steps from the door, he comes back and pick up the broom to continue his work? ‘Am I idiot or what?’ He thoughts by himself.

***

“Here..” Jihyo hands Gary a can of coke. She smiles as she notices that Gary is pouting while doing his job. Gary takes the drink and narrows his eyes. “What’re you up too ahjumma?” Jihyo ignores his words and sits on the table. “By the way, thank you.”

The water splashes on Gary face. Jihyo laughs hysterically that make Gary runs after her around the classroom. Jihyo screams a bit and laughs in between. Gary blocks her from the left and right and makes it hard to escape. She can feel that her back hits the whiteboard, means that she has nowhere to escape.

She looks at Gary and laughs at him, with Gary looks at her as he gonna eat her in any time. He is blocking her in between his arms. The drinks drip on his face makes Jihyo has some dirty thought.

“Yah, ahjumma…eishh, this woman gives me headache.” Gary looks so annoyed and frustrated makes Jihyo giggles at him. “Yah! Are you testing my patience? Do you know what you did can make any man become… forget about it.” Gary sighs, he can’t uses the word arouse for Jihyo.

“Make what? What? What is it?” Jihyo says with her innocent face and provokes Gary. He runs his fingers on his hair and closes his eyes. He suddenly comes closer to Jihyo and the gaze, Jihyo knows the gaze. Jihyo closes her eyes when Gary holds her face and pulls her close. One of his hand sneaks to Jihyo waist.

They pull themselves from one another when the door suddenly opens.  “Ohh? Mian..” Haha says, he smiles cheekily at them. “Continue on what you’re doing.” He closes the door. He blames himself for disturbs the couple, they even not yet kiss, “Aigoo, Haha-ah, you better reflect yourself.” Haha smiles and walks back to the hall.

Gary and Jihyo look at one another, only then, Gary notices that he has his hand around Jihyo all the time. He lets her go and clears his throat. Jihyo smiles at him, “Wae Gary-ssi? Kwenchana?” Jihyo holds on his arm and her other hand feels his chest. Gary pulls himself from Jihyo and pushes her hand away, “Yah!”

“Let’s go to the hospital,” Jihyo peeks at Gary when he keeps on avoid her eyes. “I’m not sick, why do I need go to the hospital?” Jihyo lays her head on Gary chest, “But, your heart beats fast. Why is it?” Jihyo smiles when Gary pushes her away and hisses.

He walks away and falls on the floor before gets up immediately. Jihyo laughs softly, “Even after 5 years, he’s still the clumsy Kang Gary.”

***

“Jihyo-ah, what happened in the room just now? did Gary hyung force you?” Haha comes to Jihyo. She shakes her head with a smile on her face. Haha looks at her with a very shock face, “Have you know it?” Jihyo smiles and nods.

“How did?” “Naeun told me.. “ jihyo tells Haha the whole things, including the one that she misunderstands on Naeun and Gary relationship. Haha pats her shoulder softly, “So, I guess, you’re trying to make he remembers about you, aren’t you?”

Jihyo smiles, “I’m planning to make he remembers about me. It will be easier for him to accept Yejin. But, if he can’t remember anything, we can just make more new memories together. For me, what is important now is, he’s here, with us. For me and Yejin. It’s more than enough..”

“Looks who is talking, the cheesy Song Jihyo, you must have come back.” Haha says playfully, he feels the ease to see Jihyo smiles the way she used to, like last 5 years. “Mianhe, oppa, for make you and the others worried about me, and thank you for being there with me.”

Someone is clearing his throat make they turn to the person. “What’re you talking?” Gary says and looks away, his hands are in his pocket. “Ohh? Hyung, is that a jealous tone?” Haha teases him. Jihyo blushes a bit and looks up to Gary, “Is there anything I can help you with?” she asks sweetly.

Gary pats his stomach, “I’m hungry, hungry..” he says and walks away. Haha and Jihyo smile at one another, “He’s giving you a hint, go have lunch with him. I’ll take care of the other.”

***

“Why do you come with me?” Gary asks in between munches his food. Jihyo just smiles sweetly and looks at him who is busy eating. Gary clears his throats, “What happened in the room, I’m..” “What do you like here?” Jihyo cuts his words by asking other things.

“Here.. I don’t know, somehow I find some chemistry here.” Gary looks around the rooftop. He doesn’t know why, but his legs lead him to the rooftop. He feels like he has some ‘connections’ to the rooftop. When he turns, Jihyo is smiling at him, and he feels a deep calm and comfortable to be with her.

“Ahjumma, can I ask you something?” he continues to eat. “Eiyy, it is so not like you Gary-ssi, asking for permission,. What is it?” Jihyo sips on Gary’s drinks before eats her food. Gary looks at her with his annoyed face but decided to let it be. “The house. I mean, the last night house, is that yours?” he asks without looking at her.

Jihyo smiles at his question. “Nae, it’s mine, and him..” jihyo looks at Gary when she says ‘him’ and notices he froze a bit. “Him?” Gary asks despites his bitter feeling. “Nae, Yejin’s appa.. it’s our house. Many sweet, bitter memories at that house make me can’t let it go. It holds our memories. Whenever I feel lonely, I’ll go there.” Jihyo tells Gary that make him feels full with food.

“Don’t you feel angry because he left you alone like that? kwangsoo and I had a random talk before.” Gary says, he doesn’t want Jihyo to think that he is a stalker. He doesn’t understand, but he feels betrayed by Jihyo. He feels so hurt when Kwangsoo told him about Jihyo past, but he feels more hurt when Jihyo still remembers that jerk.

“I must be crazy for not angry on him but, no matter how much I tries to hate and erase him from my mind, all the memories come and make it hard for me to let them go. after all he had become a very meaningful memories. Maybe he taught me many thing make me can’t let him go. He shows me how to see the world differently, how to see all the problems as opportunities.”

“Are you crazy to keep on thinking about him for this all 5 years? You should forget about him and hate him with all your heart. If you can, you just shoot him and stab him once you see him again. ” Gary puts away his chopsticks. He feels totally betrayed.

“People will say so, but for me, he is one of the reasons for me to keep on living, I want to know why he walked away that night. He promised me to love for the next 300 months and he’ll never break the promise. Even if I kill him, the memories will always come and be with me, maybe because I want them. His innocent look, the way he smiles every time I burnt the egg, he will eat them, the way he love me…”

Gary cuts Jihyo by kisses her on lips, long and tender kisses. Jihyo doesn’t pull back instead, she opens , welcoming Gary. “DO you still love him?” Gary rests their forehead together, he can’t bear to hear when Jihyo talks about that guy. Silent linger around them that give Gary an absolute answer.

“Nae, still and forever..” Jihyo answers to Gary that make he feels rock falls on him.

 

 

*sorry, I have lots of stuff to do this week and I’m busy for unknown reasons that make me myself annoyed.. sorry if this chapter doesn’t meet your expectations…