Chapter - 6

Is That Him

                Jihyo is still sleeping when Kwangsoo enters her room. “Aii? This noona is so sleepyhead. Is noona has no class today?”, Kwangsoo talks by himself and approaches Jihyo’s table and look for her schedule. “Noona, wake up, you have finance class today. Are you not going?”, Kwangsoo said in half screaming voice.

                “ Yah! Lee Kwangsoo. You are so noisy.  My class cancel today because our lecturer has to go back to her hometown. You’re the one who should go before late. Go away, let me enjoy my sleep.”, Jihyo tighten her grip on her blanket. ‘It is a perfect day to sleep.’

                Her phone keeps on ringing make she wake up from her sleeps and with her husky voice, she answers the call. “Where are you? Are you not coming? I want to drink caramel macchiato”, a male voice greets her. Jihyo tries to recognise the owner of the voice but fail. “I am sorry, but who are you?”. “Who am I? Do you really do not know who am I?”, the owner sound so sarcastic.

                Then only Jihyo realises that it is him. Gary’s voice. ‘Aik? How come I can recognise his voice? I have no time for that.’

                “Ohh, sunbae. Mianheyo. What did you say? Caramel macchiato? But I have no class today so I am not at the uni. Can I give you your caramel macchiato tomorrow?”, Jihyo still laying on her bed.

                “ Ok then.”, Jihyo let out a smiles as Gary says so. She feels happy for having an understanding master like Gary. “But give the drinks to the head of the deputy.” With that word, the sleepy Jihyo now becomes fully wake up.

                “Sunbae.” Jihyo reply with low tone as she has nothing to say. “Ok, I will get you your caramel macchiato. I’ll call you once I arrive.” Jihyo feels so frustrated as today supposedly be a relaxing day for her yet she has to go to the uni just to give the ‘snapback’ guy caramel macchiato.

                Ahhh! Jihyo shouts out loud and Mrs. Lee comes to her bedroom. “What’s wrong Jihyo?” she asked as she approaches Jihyo.

                “ohh aunty, mianhe. I just remember that today, Byul and I suppose to have a discussion for our assignment.” Jihyo reaches Mrs. Lee’s hands to comfort her. “I thought there are bugs on your bed. If in that case you better hurry up. It is not good for making ones waiting for us.”, as Mrs. Lee knows that Jihyo hates bugs.

***       

                As she arrives at the entrance, she calls Gary. “Hello, sun…”, Jihyo couldn’t finish her word as Gary cut her word. “I am in the class, wait for me at the rooftop.”, he then hang up without any other words.  Jihyo stares at her phone screen.

                ‘What? He asked me to wait for him. Why should I wait for him? Am I that free to wait for him. Does he not think that I might also have classes.  Aigoo, this old snapback man.’ Jihyo keeps on talking to herself when she realises that she had reaches the rooftop.

She sits down at one of the small hut.  She put the caramel macchiato on the table. She takes out for her books. Thank goodness she brought something to read. She can just read from her smartphone but she prefers to read from books than e-book. After reading a few pages, she feels sleepy and soon, Jihyo, the sleepyhead dozed off.

***

“Look who is sleeping here.”, Jihyo wake up as she hears Gary’s voice. “Ohh, sunbae. When did you came?”, Jihyo asks with her husky voice. She is rubbing her eyes. “Song Jihyo, why do you always asks when did I came? Is that matter to you? Is this mine?”, Gary is pointing to the plastic cup and reaches for it as Jihyo nods.

“Sunbae, I would like to thanks to you for not reporting me for broke the window. Am I cause you to be in trouble.”, Jihyo suddenly feels guilty for putting Gary in that situation. Gary sits facing Jihyo.

“Just enjoy your life, do not worry about me. I know how to handle this matter. But nothing is free. You had sacrifices yourself and become my slave.” “You can drop the honorifics.”, He continues his sentences. “By the way as my slave, I can do anything and order you to do anything for me right?”, Jihyo nods as she has no other options.

“Then I have rules for you. First, every morning, you must make a call to me to wake me up. Then, you must tell me anything you do, including when you are going to you class, eating and what so ever activities that you do.”, he raises his hand as he notices Jihyo wants to say something. “I’m not done yet.”

“Every single thing that you do, you must report to me. Bring me my caramel macchiato to here every morning. After you class, make sure you call me so that I can order you. The most important is, you must come to the soccer field every times I have my practises. Understand?”

“Sunbae, that is too cruel. I have my own life. I have assignment and group discussions with my classmates. What if my phone is has no prepaid? What if I have no money to buy your drink? What if?”, Gary silents Jihyo by putting his finger at Jihyo lips, but Jihyo quickly pulls her head backward. Jihyo feels that the rules are benefits for Gary only.

“Hadn’t I told you before, I  do not want to hear any excuses. Are you that poor to not have enough money for all that things?”, Gary asks as he feels it is not logic for an university student to not have enough money even for the phone prepaid.

Jihyo just let out a heavy sigh as she finds it is not good to talk her financial problems to a stranger. “Forget about it. But still you should not only put the blame on me because your friends are also wrong in this problem. If they didn’t bullied Kwangsoo, I will not threw the ball.”, Jihyo feels so frustrated as she feels this is unfair.

“I know, it is their fault, but you shouldn’t threw the ball as you are putting other people at risks.” Gary tries to explain his point.

“Sunbae, don’t tell me that you’re doing this to cover up your friends. Then this is not right. You act like a child. You did not fair enough. You backup your friends and put the blame at me all alone.”, Jihyo looks directly into Gary’s eyes to know the truth.

“Backup my friends? Who?”, Gary as out of his curiousity. Haha is right, this girl is so loud and impossible for him to control her.

“Kim Jongkook and Haha. Aren’t they are your friends? They are the one who bullied Kwangsoo that day. They are your friends, and you’re the best trio at the uni. Am I right?”, Jihyo say as if she had prepared the answer before.

 Gary looks into her eyes and smiles. The smile has make Jihyo confuses.

 

 

So..here are the updates. I'm sorry for yesterday. Something wrong happen with my lap.. I might not be able to update soon.. I'm so sorry.. Hope you're enjoying this two chapters.. Till the next time..