Chapter - 23

Is That Him

z

                “Morning ahjumma.” Gary greets Jihyo as she arrives at the rooftop. Jihyo hands him the paper cup. “Thank you.” Jihyo nods at him and takes her seat facing Gary. Jihyo munches on her bagel when Gary is looking at her and smiling. Gary walks to sit next to her.

                “Wae?” Jihyo asks with her full mouth. “I’m just thinking how would it feel if you always breakfast with me like this? With you prepare all the breakfast and I seat watching you around my kitchen.” Gary says with low voice but loud enough for Jihyo to hear.

                Jihyo hits Gary’s head. “Am I a maid to you?” She smirks at Gary and takes a sip from her drink. Gary smiles at her and they continue to eat their breakfast. Gary sometimes will take a sip from Jihyo drink and she will hit him at his arm.

                Jihyo is wiping the dirt when Gary takes the tissue from her hand and wipes . “Do you have any plan this weekend ahjumma?” Gary says with his hand still wiping Jihyo mouth.

                Jihyo shakes her head, “Let’s go on a holiday this weekend ahjumma.” Gary says and walks to the dustbin. “Why would I? I’m busy.” Jihyo says and reaches for her beg. “Just now you say that you have no plan on this weekend, why suddenly you’re busy? What is the problem?” Gary asks with his annoyed tone.

                “It is better for me to study then waste my time with your useless plan. The final is two weeks from now.” Jihyo stands and she walks Gary puts his hand around Jihyo shoulder, “Oyy, when you with me, there are no single time wasted. The time will be full with our memories.” Gary tightens his grips on Jihyo shoulder.

                Jihyo pushes his hand, “What do you mean, kid? Stop play around and focus on your study. I won’t come.” Jihyo says as they make their way to the class. Jihyo glares at Gary when he puts his arm around Jihyo as they walk. They arrive at Jihyo class and Gary reaches for her hand.

“You will come because I will be there.” Gary says and turns, make way to his class. Jihyo feels so annoyed that make she fists her hand like she wants to give Gary a punch.

***

“Ahjumma, have you packs your things?” They’re on the phone. Their routine has back to normal that Gary will call Jihyo every night even there’s nothing to be talk. Sometimes Gary will sing a song that will put Jihyo to sleep. Jihyo just realises that Gary can sing well and he will always be arrogant when Jihyo praise him.

“Packs things? What things?” Jihyo asks as her eyes still pin on the desktop screen. She is watching some drama that she got from Byul. This is a normal ways for her to release her stress when final is coming. Gary is sighing on the other side.

“Jihyo.. Jihyo-ah?” Gary calls for Jihyo name when he gets no response. Jihyo is still immerses in the drama that make she can’t hear Gary is calling for her. “Jihyo?” Gary calls once again but still no response. “Love?” Gary tries his luck.

“Mmm? What were you talking just now?” Jihyo asks but with her eyes still on the screen. Gary feels his heart beat wrongly when Jihyo answer him with her low voice, the tempo has become rapid. Gary takes a deep breath, ‘I like this feeling.’ Gary thought to himself. Jihyo must not realise it that she is answering to him when he called her as love.

“Have you packs your thing for tomorrow trips?” Gary asks, still tries to focus on other things. He walks to the garden and sit at the swing. “What trips?” “I had told you that we gonna have a trip this weekend.” Gary says but Jihyo is screaming, completely immerse to the drama. “Jihyo-ah? What is happening?”

“Ehh? Nothing, it just my laptop suddenly shut down when the main cast was about to kiss.” Jihyo says and connect the charger to the laptop. She throws herself to the bed and stretching. “Come here, let me kiss you. You won’t feel it if it is in the screen.” Gary suddenly says and Jihyo froze.

“Oyy, are you crazy?” Jihyo says and Gary is laughing. “You know what? I like it when you like this. You know, with all the way you call me ‘oyy’ and the way you talk. You’re being yourself. You’re not fake and I that is what I like about you.” Jihyo hear skip a beat to Gary confession.

She clears to distract Gary. “About the trips, I won’t be able to come.” “Wae?” “It just I don’t feel like to come. I must study and score for the final. I don’t want to become a burden to aunt and uncle. I must graduate and get a job.” Jihyo says with her determine voice.

“You have never been a burden to your aunt and uncle. They love having you with them. Why do you need a job in that hurry?” Gary says as he is staring at the stars. “I must pay back for what they had done for me. At least I can buy them things with my own money. In your case, even though you not score, you have your family business.” Jihyo sighs.

“And I still can manage my family business?” “Nae..” “And I’ll make it become bankrupt.” Gary says and Jihyo laughs at him. “You sure have something that makes me smile, even when I feel down.” Gary smiles when Jihyo says that. “You have my heart.” Gary gives out his cheesy word.

“Jihyo, look at the stars.” Gary suddenly says and Jihyo goes to the window and open them. “Can you see them? Aren’t they’re beautiful?” “Mmm.. so beautiful.” “If you see them, they connect to one and another with billions of lines that we can’t see. The lines can’t be seen but can be feels.”

“What’s you point?” “Just like you said, even if I don’t score, I still have my family business but, just like my parents, they complete and need each other to make them success. They connected. I hope, you’re the one who will complete me and become an important person for my success.”

“Kang Gary..” Jihyo suddenly feels moves with Gary word. But, she afraid that the feeling Gary has is only sympathy. “I hope you’ll become the star of my life that will always shine me along the way.” “But stars are not always shining.” Jihyo mumbles at almost whispering voice but Gary still can hear it.

“Stars are not always shining but we know, they always there. And that is what I hope from you, always be by my side. They’re far away but, we know they’re always there.” Jihyo hearts skip a beat as Gary talks with his deep voice.

“By the way, about the trips, you’ll coming because I’ll be there. I even bought you a bikini and I had planned it all.” Gary says and smiles. “YAHHH! Are you crazy?”  Jihyo suddenly shouts when he mentions about the bikini.

 “The first night, we will just relax and the next day, you will wear the bikini at the beach and at the night, you will wear the lingerie that I had prepared.” Gary ignores Jihyo who is yelling at him.

“Just wear the bikini and lingerie by yourself. Crazy kid!” Jihyo yells at Gary. Gary is laughing, he is actually wants Jihyo to laugh and release her stress. It is so not like her when she stress for the final. “Now, go get some rest because I might not give you time to rest tomorrow. Good night.” Gary teases her.

Jihyo is blushing and hangs the call. She is fanning herself and tries to loss her clothes to cold her down. ‘Why am I suddenly feels hot?’ Jihyo thought to herself.

Gary in the other hand is rushing to the fridge, trying to find some cold drinks. He does some push up, trying to use all his energy. ‘Why make a fuss to about all that things? You know you can imagine well but never control yourself.’

***

“Wahhh! It’s Jeju!” Jihyo and Byul screams out of their heart as they step out of the car. They just arrive at Jeju by airplane. Jihyo and Byul are busy taking photos while Gary and Haha are busy with their luggage.

 They had invited Kwangsoo to come along but he has some hockey tournament. Jongkook will come at the evening. “Who the one said that she can’t came along?” Gary mumbles as he arranges the luggage. Haha smirks at him, “That is a normal answer that you will listen when they want the things but say no to them.”

“Why are all girls like that? Why they make things become more complicated? Can’t they just say what they want?” Gary looks at Jihyo who is busy with her phone. Capture all the moment. Haha smiles when he looks at Gary who is smiling all alone.

“It just they want to get more attention from us. They want to be love.” The taxi driver said to Gary and closes the bonnet. Gary looks at Haha, tries to digest what the driver just told him. Gary sighs, “It seems like I need more time to learn about girl.” They laughs and Haha nods, “There’s more to learn.”

They approach the girls and posing with them. Gary takes out his phone and pulls Jihyo into his arm. Practically, they’re hugging with Gary hand on Jihyo waist and her hands are on Gary’s chest. “Say kimchiii.” Gary said before takes the picture.

Jihyo stuns at Gary action that make she froze in his arm. She finds it is comfortable to be in his arms. It is Haha and Byul tease them and makes Jihyo pull herself from Gary. “You’re smiling all the time.” Byul whispers at Jihyo as Gary and Haha talk to the driver where they’re heading to.

The driver is so friendly that he tells them about Jeju. It must be their habit to tell passengers about Jeju. Jihyo is not listening to what the driver been talking. Her eyes fix on Gary from the backseat. She finds that Gary has the charm to make people around him comfortable with him.

They walk to the lobby and go to the receptionist. “I had made a reservation. I’m Kang Gary.” Gary says to the receptionist.  He turns to Jihyo and teases her, “We will sleep with our partner.” Jihyo hits his head when he says that, “What do you mean by sleeping with your partner?” Haha and Byul shake their head watch their childish side.

Gary rubs his head, “Partner. Me and Haha and you with Byul. What’s the problem?” Gary turns to the receptionist. Byul takes Jihyo hands, “What were you thinking Jihyo-ah?” Jihyo shakes her head and she blushes and slaps herself. “What am I thinking?” Jihyo mumbles as she makes her way to sit at the sofa.  

Byul walks after her, follows her close and sits next to her. “Jihyo-ah? Did you think the partner that Gary oppa mentions is you with him in one room, and Haha oppa and I in one room?” Byul asks Jihyo even she knows what was Jihyo thinking. Jihyo shocks at Byul question and stares at her, she can feel the blood rush to her cheek.

“Is there anything wrong?” Haha asks them with Gary next to him. “Nothing, it just..” Byul looks at Jihyo who is shaking her head. “Just tell us what’s wrong.” Gary smirks at the girls and looks at them. “It just that Jihyo needs to go to the restroom.” Byul says and smiles sheepishly at Jihyo. Jihyo lets out a sigh and gives Byul a thankful smile.

Gary looks at Jihyo and reaches for her hand, “Chincha? Why didn’t you just go to the restroom there?” Gary points to the restroom at the corner. “It just in case you’ll look for us.” Jihyo gives an excuse. Gary puts his arm around Jihyo, “Yokshii, my princess can’t be apart with me. Just like a heart can’t beat without blood.”

Haha and Byul laugh at Gary word and look at them. The couples walk in hand with their luggage to their room.

***

Jihyo jumps to the bed and rolls. “Byul-ah, thank you for just now.” Jihyo says and reaches for the pillow. Byul smiles at Jihyo, “Nae, no problem. You’re so lucky and Gary oppa is so kind that he brings us to release our stress. Jongkook oppa will join us too.” Byul unpacks her luggage.  Jihyo smiles when Byul praises Gary.

“He is when he not bully and order me around. He can be so confusing sometimes.” Jihyo smirks at Byul. “Does it mean that you love him Jihyo-ah?” Byul suddenly asks and lay next to Jihyo. Jihyo was about sleeps when Byul asks. She stuns at the question, she turns and looks at the ceiling. Jihyo sighs and make Byul confuses if she asks a hard question.

 

 

Here is the update. Thank you for the comments and sorry for make you waiting. Then, till the next time.