Chapter - 5

Is That Him

Jihyo cannot concentrate in the class. She still thinking should she accept the offer or not. Byul, Jihyo’s besties noticed that Jihyo is not herself. Thank goodness, Prof Kwangkyu just gives a simple lecture. He reminds the student for the upcoming test. Then Jihyo does not loss much.

                “Jihyo-ah, kwenchana? I notice that you are not yourself today. Is there any problem that you want to share?”. She approaches Jihyo and taps her shoulder. “Ohh,Byul-ah. What should I do?”,Jihyo suddenly feels like crying. “What wrong? Tell me. Who knows, I can help.”,Byul looks worry as she wrapped Jihyo shoulder.

                “ Yesterday, I broke the window panel. Our student president knows about it. He gives me an option. If I do not want the head of deputy to know this matter then become his slave. If I not agree, then, he will report this matter to the deputy. I do not want to burden my aunt and uncle.”, Jihyo shakes Byul hands as she feels frustrated, not knowing what should she do.

                Byul claps her hands. “Our student president? Gary oppa? One of the best trio? Wow! Jihyo-ah you are so lucky. Just become his slave. Your life must be blessed.”, Byul feels so happy to know it. “Just accept the offer.”, Byul smile to Jihyo make Jihyo to give her mong face. Byul nods to ensure that Jihyo accept the offer.

                “Trio? Who else besides our president?”, Byul shocks when she hear the question from Jihyo. “Are you really don’t know Jihyo-ah?”, Jihyo shake her head. “The trio are Kang Gary, Kim Jongkook and Ha Donghoon, but known as Haha. They are jjang in our uni. They are good friends. if I’m not mistaken, they grew up together.”

                The answer from Byul has make Jihyo left mong.

***       

                “Gary-ah! Do you have class today? It is Wednesday.”, Jongkook said as he notices the snapback and backpack on the couch. It is a normal for Jongkook and Haha to sleep over at Gary house as they know there is no one at Gary’s house except for Gary’s maid, gardener and driver.

                The trio come from rich family. Jongkook family owns three big main hospitals in Korea and Jongkook is the heir for one of the hospital. For Haha, he is the heir for one of the biggest multimedia company. Gary’s family owns estate in every district in Korea. The trio have many similarities. They are one and only heir for their family,rich family, they are boys,attend same uni and they growth together.

Jongkook is 3 year older that Gary and Haha is 1 year younger than Gary. But they attend the university together with different field.  For Jongkook and Haha, their family lives in Korea, but for Gary, his family live at Canada. So, as friends, they always keep Gary accompany. Their parents also know Gary and where are they if they are not coming home.

                “I do not have class today, but I have matter to do. Regarding the girl that broke the window.”, Gary reaches out for his breakfast. “Ohh, sorry Gary-ah for causing you trouble. But that girl is not a joke. She has no fear when she threw the ball. Jongkook complains. “It is ok hyung. But, I was wondering why did you beat the boy? Haha and you had never do so.”, as Gary know well these two.

                “We were just playing around. We just want to tease that tall boy, we all know that Kwangsoo always annoyed us, yet that loud ahjumma came. Besides, my coach scolded me before, and that boy came.”, Haha said in his husky voice as he just woke up.  “I see. I was surprised when they said you beat the boy.”

 “Hyung, what are you planning to do the girl?” Haha asks out of his curiousity. “Don’t you two have class today?”,Gary reaches his backpack and snapback on the couch and walks to the shoes rack. Leaving Haha’s question hanging.

                “My physiology class is cancel because Mr. Jung Mansik has to go to Busan.”. “My computer animation class is also cancel.”, Haha reaches for the bread on the table. “Oii squid, careful with that loud ahjumma. She gonna gives you a hard times.” Haha laughs out loudly. Follow by a cushion hits his head then Jongkook laughs out loudly.

***

                At the rooftop there are small huts for the students and teachers to relax. Gary is working on his assignment. He is fully concentrates to his assignment and pass the lunch time. He take his phone and realises it is half an hour before his football practice. ‘Where is this girl? Will she come or will not she?’.

“Sunbae”, a girl calls Gary’s name make him lifts his head up. Gary is packing his things when Jihyo approaches him. “Ohh, you come?”. Gary then takes all his books and put them into his backpack. He lifts up his head as he do not receive any responses from the person that standing in front of him. He notices that Jihyo is looking directly into his eyes. “If you come here just to stand in front of me without any word, it is better if you do not come. Then, I’ll consider that you don’t mind if I report your name to the head of deputy.”. Gary walks away but stopped as Jihyo holds his arm.

“Ohh, I’m sorry.”, Jihyo apologises as she notices that she was holding  Gary’s arm. “I will be your slave. But, can you please not report my name?”, Jihyo tries her best to make Gary accept her apologises.

“Are you sure? Being my slave is not an easy thing to do. I don’t want to hear any excuses from you.”, Gary said with a stern voice. Out of sudden, he feels like giving an instruction in military. With that thought, he smiles to himself. “Sunbae. Are you ok? What are you laughing at? Can we sit down?”, Jihyo pointing to the bench as she feels tired for climbing the stairs just now.

“I have other things to do. Do you thinks I am free as you for broke the window?”. Jihyo feels a little bit annoyed. But, she know, the things that Gary said are true. “Where is your phone?”,Gary asks as Jihyo keeps quiet. “My phone? Waeyo?”, Jihyo gives out her mong face. “I need your number to order you around. How do I can contact you if not using the phone? Do you aspect me to make an announcement to call you up?”.

Jihyo finds what Gary said make sense so she handed her phone but retreat. “How can I make sure that you will not report my name?”. “Because I know I will not.”, Gary snatches Jihyo’s phone from her hand. He types his phone number and makes a call to his number.

“Here you go.”,Gary returns her phone. “Make sure your phone is always with you or else, l will go and report the broken window case. Now, I want you to go home and get rest.”, Gary looks into Jihyo eyes. Gary lefts wonder what make this little girl keep on staring at him. He moves a step forward and bend down, narrowing the gap between him and Jihyo. Jihyo shocks and widen her eyes, revealing her big eyes. “ It is an order. See you tomorrow”, the gap between them send shiver to Jihyo body.