Chapter - 21

Is That Him

                Jihyo wakes up as she feels so warm than usual. When she opens her eyes, she shocks as a pair of hand wraps around her waist. She looks at Gary who is still in deep sleep, she recalled back what was happening. The kiss keeps lingering in her mind.

                Jihyo touches her lips and rewind how tender was the kiss. That was her first kiss and she wonders if she had be the best to Gary. ‘What’re you thinking?’ Jihyo slaps her face and suddenly, Gary hugs her tightly and makes her to turn and face Gary.

She can hear Gary’s beating heart, it is calm and sound like a beautiful melody to her. She looks at Gary’ face and his jawlines. Soon, she sleeps again while listening to Gary beating heart.

***

Jihyo wakes up and it is 10 in the morning. She looks at her other side, Gary is not there. She walks out of the room to the kitchen. There is an ahjumma at the kitchen and smiles at her. “Good morning Jihyo-ssi. Gary-ssi went to the uni and he told me to cook for you. Do you want to eat now? I’ll heat them for you.” The ahjumma tells Jihyo and smiles at her.

“It’s ok ahjumma. By the way, who are you?” Jihyo asks and sits at the dining table. The ahjumma put a glass of drinks on the table. “I’m the maid, Ryu Haesook. I work here but I do not stay here.” The ahjumma explains. “This is my husband, Kim Taegil.” Mrs. Kim points at the man who is walking to them.

Jihyo nods at him and pulls the chair for Mr. Kim to sit down. “Sit down here ahjussi.” Jihyo gestures to Mr. Kim to sit on her left. “I’m Jihyo, Song Jihyo.” Jihyo greets them. Mr and Mrs. Kim nod at her and there a silent between them.

“At what time sunbae will be here?” Jihyo looks at them. “His class end at 10, he should be on his way home now.” Mrs Kim says while looking at the clock. “Jihyo-ssi, how long have you known master?” Mr Kim asks Jihyo. Jihyo looks at him, “Ahjussi, no need to be that formal to me. It’s not that long, about one month?” Jihyo says to Mr Kim.

“Ohh, I see.” Mr Kim says and smiles at Mrs Kim with meaningful smile. “Ahjumma,how long have you work with sunbae?” “I don’t remember, but it since his parent went to Canada. Why?” Mrs Kim says to Jihyo.

“It is long enough. Sunbae was in high school when his parent going to Canada.” Jihyo says and takes a sip of her drinks. “Ohh, did Gary tell you this?” Mr Kim asks. “Nae, he had tells me once. By the way, ahjussi, do you and ahjumma only come here during week day?” Jihyo looks at them.

“Aniyo. We come here every day but, Gary-ssi doesn’t give us lot of work. Usually, at noon, we will be back. I will cook for him and put them in the fridge. When he wants to eat, he will heat them.” Mrs. Kim says and points at the fridge. “Actually, I’m his driver but he prefers to drive himself and tells us not to do all the works.” Mr. Kim lets out a heavy sigh before continue.

“But, how can we, when his parents believe in us to look after him?” Mr Kim says to Jihyo. Jihyo nods at the explanation, “Does he eats alone?” Jihyo asks of her concern to Gary. “He eats with his friends.” “ Jongkook oppa, Haha oppa and Gil oppa?” Jihyo asks to Mrs. Kim. “nae, do you even know them?” Jihyo nods. “They always come over. They’re all good kids.” Mrs. Kim says to Jihyo. “You must a special person for Gary-ssi aren’t you?” Mr Kim looks at Jihyo and smiles at Jihyo.

Jihyo is blushing at Mr. Kim question. “You know what? Even his friends are not allowed to his room but you even sleep in his room. You must be very special.” Mrs Kim adds and make Jihyo becomes more blushing. “Aniyo ahjumma. We’re just friend.” Jihyo explains to Mrs Kim.

Mr and Mrs. Kim smile at her. They can see how Jihyo reacts when they ask about Gary. The door opens and Gary put his bag at the couch. “What’re you talking about?” Gary says and walks to the kitchen. He places the plastic bag full with grocery at the sinks.

Gary walks to Jihyo, sits beside her and put his hand around Jihyo. He kisses Jihyo’s temple and Jihyo’s back. Jihyo is blushing, she looks at Gary and Gary smiles at her. “It’s nothing much Gary-ah. We ask Jihyo-ssi about you and she told us that you and she are only friends.” Mrs Kim says before walks to the fridge to take drinks for Gary.

Gary looks at Jihyo and frowns, “Just call her Jihyo imo. How come after the ki…” Jihyo closes Gary’s mouth as she knows what Gary is going to say. Gary takes Jihyo hand and kisses them. “Go take shower, imo had bought you some clothes. New clothes.” Gary says and pinches Jihyo cheeks.

***

“Sunbae, can you please explain to me what is actually happening?” They’re sitting at the couch. Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee had leave after the lunch, leaving Jihyo and Gary alone. Gary looks at Jihyo who is in her mong state. “And how do you know that I was in the room?”

Gary tells Jihyo how he knows Jihyo in the room without leaving a moment. Gary takes a deep breath, “I want to protect you. I want to know you better.” Gary is looking at Jihyo. “I want to make you become mine.” Gary says with full of confident.

Jihyo heart pound hard and she looks at Gary to make sure he is not kidding. “What are you talking about sunbae? It is not a good time to make joke.” Jihyo smirks at Gary. Gary feels like his heart broke into pieces when Jihyo says that he is joking.

“It’s ok sunbae, I’ll not kill myself for what had happen last night. You don’t have to feel burden and responsible for what had happened. It is not your mistake.” Jihyo explains to Gary. “Besides, I’m not your slave anymore.” Jihyo says.

They keep on look at each other without word. Gary finally spokes up, “You’re not my slave anymore.. but, I’ll protect you and if you not accept me now, make sure that you’ll not fall for me.” Gary says before continues, “Because, I’ll make sure that you’ll fall for me.”

Jihyo smirks at him, “Nae, I’ll make sure that I’ll not fall for you. I’ll be careful.” Jihyo says and stands. “I’ll get my things and can you please send me home? Aunt will be worried.” Jihyo walks to his room when Gary nods.

“You need be very careful, Jihyo-ssi. Very careful.” Gary says with his eyes fixed on Jihyo.

***

“Aigoo, how long had it been you’re not coming to our house?” Mrs. Lee says to Gary when Gary greets her. “I had been busy this few days. Mianhe omoni.” Gary says and walks into the house. “He is busy with some other girl aunt.” Jihyo says and walks to her room.

“Is that jealous Jihyo-ah?” Mrs Lee says to Jihyo when she comes to the kitchen and Gary smiles. “Jealous? My as… ahh, aunt, it’s hurt.” Jihyo rubs her head as Mrs. Lee hits her with the spoon. “Am I your friend for you to talk like that?” Mrs Lee says to Jihyo.

Gary chuckles at Jihyo as she gives her apologetic face to Mrs. Lee. Gary walks to the kitchen and takes the hairband from Jihyo and ties her hair into bun. “What’s with thi..” Gary puts his finger on Jihyo lips and Jihyo pulls back her head.

“Omoni, just sit here. We will prepare for the dinner.” Gary says and escorts Mrs. Lee to the nearest chair. “We? Who?” Jihyo asks to Gary and walks to Mrs. Lee to join her. “Where’re you going? It’s you and me.” Gary says and pulls Jihyo’s collar.

Jihyo glares at Gary but Gary smiles sweetly at her. ‘Pull yourself together Jihyo-ah.’ Jihyo tells herself when she mesmerises by Gary’s smile.  Gary puts the apron on Jihyo and he ties them, and makes their gap become closer. Jihyo froze when Gary ties the apron.

They start the cooking with Jihyo handles with all the cutting stuff and Gary starts cooking. Jihyo is washing the vegetable when Gary hugs her from the back to wash his hands and Jihyo froze. Gary smirks at her when he notices Jihyo is holding her breath. “Make sure you’re not falling to me.” Gary whispers before turns to continue with his cooking.

Mrs. Lee is smiling from her sits and she turns to the living room. There’s Jihyo’s parent photo frame. ‘Unni, oppa, are you looking? Your daughter has grown up. I think she has found her love of life. Now, you don’t have to worried, because I think, she is happy.’ Mrs. Lee talks to herself.

She turns and smiles at Gary and Jihyo. Gary smacks Jihyo face with the bubbles. Jihyo glares at Gary but he keeps on smacks the bubbles. ‘Or is this boy send by you two?’ Mrs. Lee says and looks to the photo frame before turns to Gary and Jihyo. ‘I think he is.” Mrs Lee smiles when looking at the couple.

***

“Wahh, it’s delicious.” Kwangsoo says with his mouth full. “Uri noona will not be able defeats your cooking skill hyung.” Kwangsoo says and Jihyo glares at him. Gary smiles shyly when Kwangsoo praise his food. Mr and Mrs. Lee laugh when Kwangsoo say so.

“Feel free to come over Gary-ah. Jihyo told me before, your parent at Canada, I think it is not fun to eat alone, right?” Mrs. Lee says and puts meat in Gary’s plate. “Eyy, why should he come over to other people house, aunt? His friends always go to his house.” Jihyo complains to Mrs. Lee.

“Just come over Gary-ah. Ignore what the little kid says.” Mr. Lee says and Jihyo glares at him. “Eyyy, I know why you don’t want Gary hyung to come, if he come, you will have to help omma at the kitchen.” Kwangsoo adds while munching his food.

They laugh at Jihyo and Jihyo has no word to feat Kwangsoo. “Gary-ah, are your parents not coming back to Korea?” Mr. lee changes the topic. “I’m the one who will fly to Canada every semester break. They did come, last 3 years if I’m not mistaken.” Gary says to Mr. Lee.

“What’re they doing actually there?” “They do some business there.” Gary munches to his food. Jihyo nods her head while listening to Gary and Kwangsoo notices that, “Noona, hyung is not talking to you, why are you the one who nodding?” Kwangsoo says and gets up to the sink.

“She always listen to my voice and she can’t even stop smiling with my voice.” Gary says to Kwangsoo and looks at Jihyo. Jihyo laughs to hide her nervousness. Gary holds her hands and helps her to eat, “What are you doing sunbae?” Jihyo says and pulls her hands. Mr and Mrs lee smile at them and Kwangsoo froze.

“You’re not eating and keep on mong. I help you to eat as you need more energy.” Gary says and put some meat on her plate. Jihyo knows what Gary means by, she needs energy to not fall for him. Jihyo glares at him and eats her food.

***

“Thank you aunt and uncle for welcome me.” Gary says as he takes his leaves. Mrs. Lee pats his shoulder, “Please do come over, we love having you around.” Gary smiles shyly, “It’s right Gary-ah, we’re family now.” Mr. Lee adds and looks at Jihyo who is blushing.

“You’re my hyung now. it is omma and appa fault for not giving me a hyung.” Kwangsoo says and receives a hit from Mrs. Lee. Gary smiles at them, “We’re family now, I like it.” Gary copies Mr. Lee before steps in his car. He waves before steps on the gas.

They waves at Gary and Mrs. Lee notices that Jihyo is smiling. Mrs. Lee hits Jihyo arms, “And only now, I can see you smiling. Silly girl.” Kwangsoo and Mr.Lee shake their head and leaves Jihyo stands alone and mong. They walk to the house and Jihyo stills in her mong state. “Who is smiling?” Jihyo says to herself before walks into the house.

***

“Gary-ah!” Jongkook shouts as Gary in his house. Gary has calls them for coming to his house on his way to home. “ Ohh, hyung, you have come?” Gary says and takes a sit beside him. Haha comes from the kitchen holding mugs and a jug of juice. There is silent between them, only the noise from the TV fills the living room.

“Hyung, where were you last night?” Haha breaks the silent after a moment. Jongkook looks at Gary who is still playing with his phone. “mmm?” Gary murmurs as he didn’t hear well to Haha’s question. Jongkook pats Gary’s shoulder, “Where were you last night? You’re missing before the party ended. Usually, we always have some men talk after the party.” Jongkook repeats.

“ Nothing, I just got something to do last night.” Gary makes it short. “Is it too important for you to leave my party?” Haha says with sulky voice as he feels a little bit offended with Gary’s answer. Gary lets out a heavy sigh as he knows Haha is sulking to him but, he had promised to himself not to tell anybody last night incident.

“I hear that Jihyo was with you last night. Kwangsoo told us, what was happening actually Gary-ah?” Jongkook tries to make Gary tells the truth. “It’s nothing hyung-ah.” Gary tries to deny. “You know you always have us Gary-ah.” Jongkook pursues Gary to tell the truth. “Aren’t we’re family hyung?” It is Haha who still feels offended.

“It just me.. I feel jealous when Jihyo is talking nicely to Minho.” Gary says and takes a deep breath, before continues, “ Yesterday noon, Jihyo came and met me at the rooftop. She gave me back my jacket and said that yesterday was the last day for her to be my slave. But, I ignored her and let her walked away.”

Haha walks to Gary and puts his arm around Gary. “I felt so angry to myself and Jihyo. I feel angry to myself for being fool and coward. I angry with Jihyo because she comes with a happy face and says that it is her last day.” Gary looks at Jongkook and Haha repeatedly.

“At the party, I saw her talking to Minho and deep inside I feels hurt that make me bring her home.” Gary says and hopes that Jongkook and Haha will believe in his story. “Then what did you do? Did you sleep together?” Jongkook asks after a moment.

Gary shocks to Jongkook question, “Ani hyung. She slept in my room and I slept here.” Gary says and Haha smiles cheekily. “What?” Gary says to Haha and Jongkook suddenly laughs. “We are you friend are ban from entering your room, and yet, that girl, who you just know for one month, you even let her to sleep in your room? On your bed?” Jongkook says and punches Gary.

Gary is blushing, “Do you like her hyung?” Haha asks and smiles at Gary. “He must like her much Haha-ah, isn’t it is obvious?” Jongkook teases Gary. “Ani.. ani.. I think he loves her.” Jongkook continues and Gary looks at him with his eyes wide open.

“Have you confessed to her hyung?” Gary nods at Haha’s question. “She says no to me.” Gary says with his low voice. Haha feels weird with Gary’s answer, “It is weird hyung-ah.” Haha says and make Jongkook and Gary to confuse.

Haha smiles and looks at Gary and Jongkook. Jongkook nods at Haha as he knows what Haha means by. “ What’s wrong with you two?” Gary says as he feels it is not fair for not understand what they planning. Gary looks at Jongkook, seeks for explanation.

“Let’s make that girl fall for you.” Haha says and makes Gary to blank. Jongkook nods and Haha laughs as if he is some leader for gangs. 

 

 

Here are the update. Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate them. Till the next update.