Chapter - 19

Is That Him

                “Kang Gary!” Jihyo shouts at him. A few people from the rescue teams enter the field and take Gary to the bench. He is groaning on the stretcher. “It’s ok Jihyo-ah. Gary has used to it. He knows that he actually can’t really play soccer.” Gil says while munching the crackers. Jihyo shocks at Gil statement.

                “He had an accident last 2 year. His condition is not that critical but his leg broke.” Gil smiles at Jihyo, looking at her mong face. “He rode motorcycle at that time. Thank God he knew how to drive before the accident.” Gil drinks his water before continue. “He knew that he cannot really do well after the accident but he said that he wants to have some memories during his uni time.”

                “Is it so bad?” Jihyo asks while her eyes are fixed at Gary who is sitting at the bench. The rescue team spray his leg and massage him just in case he is cramp. Even when receiving the treatment Gary is smiling. Gary suddenly looks at her seat and Jihyo fist her hand and murmurs, ‘Hwaiting!’.

                “GOALLLLL!” People shout when Gary’s team scores one more times. After all the shouting and clapping, “It is not that bad actually, nothing serious that can bring him to die. But, his injury can be worse when he keep on playing.” Gil explains to Jihyo. Jihyo says nothing after Gil explanation. Her eyes are on Gary all the time.

                It is 15 minutes before the game end when the other team scores a goal. Jihyo looks at Gary who is seems like talking to his couch. He looks like desperate during talking to his couch. “Gary is begging his couch to play again.” Haha suddenly says and points to Gary who is talking to his couch. “I know, he is always like that. He afraid that his team loss.” Gil replies to Haha. Byul and Jihyo confuse for sitting in between them.

                Gary enters the field when his couch makes the exchanging of player before the last 10 minutes. Gary running to the centre and helps his team mates to defend the other team from score a goal. Jihyo is hoping Gary will not have any serious injury. “Relax Jihyo-ah, he know his limit even though sometimes he might be a little bit crazy.” Gil pats Jihyo shoulder, trying to cool her down.

The referee blows whistle as the signs the game has end. Even though the game has end, Jihyo eyes are still fixed at the field, she is looking at Gary. She knows that Gary is trying his best to bear the pain.

***

                “Yahh! Kang Gary, congratulation!” Gil says to his cousin after Gary has finish all the stuff with his team and Gary is walking to them. Jihyo keeps on looking at Gary who is struggling with his walks, trying to ease the pain. Haha walks to Gary and gives him a hand with his bag.

                “I think you had sprained your leg Gary-ah,” Gil says to Gary. “That bast..” “Haha-ah!” Gary cut Haha from finish his words. Jihyo and Byul look at them when someone is calling for Gary’s name. “Oppa!” It is Soelhyun.

                “Oppa..Kwenchana? how is your leg?” Seolhyun asks. Jihyo was about to ask Gary when Soelhyun came. “He is ok, isn’t hyung?” Haha said, reply for Seolhyun question.  Gary nods and when Soelhyun was about to walk to Gary, Haha pushes Jihyo to Gary. “Jihyo-ah, can you please send Gary hyung to his house, you know how to drive right?” Haha said and Gil smiles, knowing exactly what is Haha doing.

                “Me? Ok oppa, I’ll send him.”Jihyo says and Haha gives her Gary’s back. Haha walks Gary to his car and leaving Soelhyun with Byul. “Mianhe Soelhyun-ssi, we got to go. Thank you for your concern.” Byul says before bow slightly and walks to the car leaving Soelhyun standing alone.

                “Take care of my cousin Jihyo-ah.” Gil says and waves to them. “Nae oppa.” Jihyo smiles before drives away.

***

                “Sunbae, you have to bath don’t you?” Jihyo walks Gary to his room while struggling with his sport bag. Gary nods at Jihyo, he suddenly remember that he had announce ‘war’ between them. “Come, let’s me help you to go to the bathroom.” Jihyo says and tries to hold on Gary.

                “Forget about it, I can go by my own.” Gary says and tries to walk but before he manages to walk, he stumbles at the bed. “Sunbae, living in this world, we need to help each other. Don’t be too snobbish. Come.” Jihyo says and tries to hold in Gary once again. This time Gary obeys to Jihyo.

                Jihyo walks him to the bathroom. “If you’re done, just call me, I’ll come to you.” Jihyo says before close the door. Jihyo then takes clothes from Gary’s closet and place them on the bed. Then, she walks to the kitchen and boils the water. She makes a hot chocolate drinks and bring to Gary’s room.

                “Oyy, slave!” Gary is calling for her from the bathroom. She walks to the bathroom and when she pushes the door, “Oyy..oyy..just get me my clothes from the closet and pass them to me. you do not need to come inside.” Gary says to Jihyo.

                After a moment, Gary calls for her once again, asking for her to help him out of the bathroom. “Here. Drink this.” Jihyo says and hands Gary the hot chocolate. Gary is sitting on the bed and Jihyo standing infront of him. “Thank you.” Gary says after he drinks the water.

Jihyo notices that water still dripping from Gary’s hair. She reaches for his towel and wipes his hair. “What’re you doing?” Gary says and pushes away Jihyo’s hands. “Stay still, you’ll get sick if you sleep with wet hair.” Jihyo says and starts to wipe Gary’s hair.

Jihyo then hangs the towel and walks to Gary. “Do you have any ointment?” Jihyo looks at his bedside table. “What for?” “The question is do you have it or not?” Jihyo says. Gary points at his table study and Jihyo takes the ointment from there. Then, she puts Gary’s leg on the bed.

“Oyy, what’re you doing?” Jihyo ignores Gary’s question and puts some ointment at his leg and start to massage it. There’s silent between them. “Where did you learn to massage?” Gary suddenly asks. “ You always scold me for asking many question. When my omma still alive, I used to massage her leg every night.” Jihyo replies to Gary’s question.

                Gary looks at Jihyo faces, his heart pounds hard. ‘Gary-ah.. Is there anything wrong with your heart?’ “Ahh!” Gary suddenly shouts when Jihyo massage at his sprained area. “Such a cry baby.” Jihyo says and keeps on massage Gary’s leg.

                “Then why you still want to play though you know you can’t? You’re hurting yourself.” Jihyo says while still focus on massage Gary’s leg. She massage to Gary’s knees when Gary pushes her hands away. “What do you know about me? You know nothing and who’re you to interfere with my life.” Gary’s voice suddenly rises. “Go!”

                Jihyo startles at Gary’s voice. She feels a little bit upset with Gary’s statement. She takes her bag and walks to the door. She stops, “ You’re right, I know nothing about you, I but I thought that I’m your friend.” Jihyo says before leaves Gary alone.

***

                “Today is the last day Jihyo-ah. You’ll be free.” Jihyo talks to herself while looking at her reflection at the mirror. The last three days, she doesn’t even calls or message Gary. Gary is not attending his class because of his sprained ankle on the tournament. No more delivering of caramel macchiato and reporting of all her routine like she always do.

                She takes Gary’s jacket from the closet. The memories of him rewind in her mind. ‘I must return all the things that relates to him. I’ll ask Haha oppa to give this to him.’ Jihyo is staring at the jacket. She walks to the kitchen.

                “Jihyo-ah, why is Gary not sending you home anymore?” Mrs. Lee asks Jihyo while Jihyo having her breakfast. Mrs. Lee notices that Jihyo is not being herself for the last three days. Jihyo stays in her room all the time after coming from the uni. She also doesn’t talks and eats much.

                “Sunbae sprained his ankle during the tournament.” Jihyo answers Mrs. Lee short. “Omo, is he alright?” Mrs Lee asks.  “ I don’t know aunt. I’ll get going now aunt, see you think evening. Thank you for the meal.” Jihyo then kiss Mrs. Lee goodbye before go to the uni.

***

                “Oppa, annyeong.” Jihyo greets Haha at the cafeteria. It’s like had been her new routine to lunch with Byul and Haha. “I want some present.” Haha said to Jihyo and frown. Byul laughs at Haha and put her hand at Haha arm. Jihyo gives out her mong face and looks at Byul for explanation. “It is oppa birthday.” Byul makes it short but enough to make Jihyo knows the meaning.

                “Omo.” Jihyo cover . “Chincha? Mianhe oppa. I don’t know, Byul didn’t tell me.” Jihyo rubs her hands together. “ Come to my party tonight then I’ll forgive you.” Haha says to Jihyo. “Birthday party? You’re not in an age to celebrate birthday party.” Jihyo says and laughs when Haha glares at her.

                “Why not? It is to appreciate our lifetime.” Haha munches his food. “Happy birthday uri dongsaeng!” It is Jongkook. He comes with Kwangsoo. “ Here the cake.” Jongkook places a slice of cake at the table. “ Thank you hyung.” “Hyung happy birthday.” Kwangsoo says to Haha. “Thank you. Oyy, bring her to my party tonight.” Haha points to Jihyo.

                “I will. If she refuses, I’ll drag her.” Kwangsoo says and Jihyo hits his head. “Noona!” “It’s ok Kwangsoo, Jihyo will come with me.” Byul says after laughs at their behaviour. “Hyung, have you seen Gary hyung? Does he come to class today?” Haha asks Jongkook who is typing something at his phone.

                “We bumped with him before coming here just now. Seem like he was walking to the rooftop.” Jongkook says to Haha. Jihyo suddenly stand up, “ I have something to do. I’ll be going first.” Jihyo says and bows to them. “What with that girl? She even hasn’t finishes her lunch.” Haha says while looking at Jihyo who is walking out of the café.

                “She didn’t even eat a lot this few days hyung. She always stays in her room.” Kwangsoo says, sharing his worried. “ She’s even not paying attention in class .” Byul says and sighs heavily. Haha and Jongkook are looking at one another without a word.

***

                “Sunbae.” Jihyo calls for Gary who is reading. He seems like too focus into his reading. When Jihyo calls him, he looks at her and closes his book. He is waiting for Jihyo to continue. “Today is my last day as your slave. I just want to say thank you for all what you had done for me.” Jihyo takes in deep a breath before continue.

“ Thank you for not report my name to the deputy and thank you for being my master for one month.” Jihyo looks at Gary who is looking straight to her. “I’m sorry if I couldn’t full fill my duties as your slave in the way it supposes to be.” Jihyo gives Gary his jacket and he takes it. “The other things, I’ll give to Haha oppa to give back to you. Thank you once again.”

                Jihyo bows to Gary before turns and walks away. She purposely walks slowly just in case Gary calls her name and opens his arms for her. ‘ Those are only in fairy tales Jihyo-ah.’ Jihyo lets out a heavy breath when she reaches the rooftop doorway and Gary not even calls and says a word. ‘It is just you’re the one who falling for him Jihyo-ah.’

***

                “Byul-ah, don’t you think this is kind of over?” Jihyo is referring to her dress. She was expecting Byul bought the blue dress that she recommended before, but it turns out to be black long dress and a see through lacy at the waist. She cannot deny that it is beautiful, but it is y.

                “I don’t think it is over. It is times for you to seduce Gary oppa.” Byul says and looks at Jihyo eyes through the mirror. Jihyo smiles at that thought but suddenly, the smiles gone when she recalls how cold was Gary to her this evening.

                “Wae Jihyo-ah? Don’t cry, you’re ruining my make-up.” Jihyo was about to cries when Byul says that. She laughs at Byul’s jokes. “It has finish Byul. I’m not longer his slave and I think he is happier with that cheerleader girl that he with me.” Jihyo turns and Byul takes her hands.

                “If you really love him, you must fight, if only he rejects you, then you give up.” Byul says to Jihyo, trying to gives her some strength to fight for her love. “It’s ok Byul-ah. I prefer to love him by myself then he rejects me.” Jihyo lets out heavy sigh after those words.

“You’re not longer his slave, then go for him as Jihyo, his friend.” Byul says to Jihyo. She tries to smile at Byul.“Come, we’ll be late. Haha oppa must be waiting for you.” Jihyo says and takes Byul hands and walks out the room.

                “ Kwangsoo had go by himself. Have fun girls!” Mrs. Lee is preparing the table for dinner when Jihyo and Byul tell her that they’re going.

***

                When they come to Haha’s house, the party has started. The party was held at the pool. There’re few chefs that are grilling and preparing the food. “Ohh, you’ve come.” Haha says when he saw Byul and Jihyo walks among the crowd. “Wahh! Jihyo-ah, you look stunning tonight.” Haha says to Jihyo and makes her blushing.

“Baby, you too, look beautiful as always. By the way, my parents want to meet you.” Haha says to Byul. Byul shocks at Haha’s statement. “Relax, they’re cool. Enjoy the party Jihyo-ah.” Haha , says before pull Byul’s hands to meet his parent. Jihyo is leaving alone, turns to the left and right, looks for someone.

There he is, with some girls. They’re laughing among each other. ‘ He is happy Jihyo-ah. You’re the only one who hurt yourself. Let’s enjoy.’ She makes eyes contact with Gary before walks to get some drinks. Kwangsoo is sitting with Jongkook and his other friends. There’s Gil too. He waves at Jihyo and Jihyo smiles.

“Hey beautiful.” Minho calls for Jihyo and Jihyo smirks at him. “What’s up betrayer?” Jihyo says and Minho shocks when he hears Jihyo calls him that. Along the journey to the party, Jihyo had asked Byul why she didn’t like it when her friend with Minho.

 

Here the update and don’t wait for the 2nd update for today. I’m so so sorry for making you all waiting for the update. Thank you for all the comments. Hope you’re enjoying this chapter as well.