Chapter 21: Jealous or Curious?

High School Dumb.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I told you to wait for me after school, right?"

A voice came behind me, I opened my eyes and saw Hanbin walking towards me as I sat at the bench in the mini backyard.

He passed me a hot cocoa with several mini marshmallows on top. I gladly took it over with my left hand and sipped it slowly while Hanbin took the seat beside me.

I let out a peaceful sighed and placed the mug beside me as I stared at the  starry sky above us with a contented smile on my face, finally after a disgusting long day at school.

"Hey." Hanbin nudged me lightly.

I frowned a little at him for disturbing my enjoyable moment looking up at the sky full with twinkle stars.

"You didn't answer me. So where did you go after school?" He asked me.

Why does he have to know? It wasn't his business anyway.

I sighed, "I told you I went shopping with Lovelyz, isn't it?".

"Yeah, but I told you we are going for a date during lunch." Hanbin pointed out.

"I thought it was just a pretend. At least, I did tell you I was going off first and not letting you to wait for me in school." I rolled my eyes at him and looked back up at the sky.

"Fine, you win." He shrugged and looked up at the sky as well just like me.

Is this the first time I see Hanbin getting defeated in just such a short period of time? This must be the best record he ever had for admitting defeat, I should write down his history for him.

After a long silence between us, I have decided to ask him something that have been keeping in my mind for the whole entire day.

I thought maybe I should ask....

"So..... you didn't tell me about you and Dahyun...." I asked carefully, not sure if that was a good question or rather a good timing to open up such conversation with him.

"What about her and me?" Hanbin looked back at me into my eyes.

Almost immediately I turned away from him because I hate looking back into his eyes. I wasn't confident yet to look back into those mesmerizing eyes.

It's killing me.

"I don't know..." I shrugged and paused a little, "If you want me to pretend as your girlfriend for you to make her go away, I should know at least a little past of both you, right?"

He sighed.

I knew he wasn't ready to tell me all those past he shared with Dahyun and of course, I wasn't going to force him to say.

"It was a complicated story."

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me." I shrugged, totally not minding if he was going to tell me or not.

I wasn't that interested in his story, I was just a little curious especially when Dahyun insulted me that their memories were more worth than my face.

"I never like her before."

Hanbin finally spoke after he kept quiet for some time, probably debating inside his mind if he wanted to tell me about their past or not.

"You mean.... you are just playing with her feeling?" I frowned and looked at him.

A jerkass will forever be a jerkass.

"No. I mean... kind of? I don't even know who's fault...." He sighed again, I could sense that he was really stress about their matter even till now.

"Erm... maybe you want to share it with me? I mean, it isn't good to keep it to yourself and in the end, nobody can help you right?" I asked.

Aww... look, Miss Song Sua here is trying to be a good counselor to Mr. Dismal there.

"Well, you have the rights to know if you want to pretend as my girlfriend in front of her right?" He shrugged and looked at me with a smile.

A forced smile if I may add.

I nodded my head and urged him to continue with his story.

"A year ago, I knew her through my mom's friend. She told me I have to be nice to her because she was younger than us. I didn't like her and I didn't even like her presence, I only treat her well because my childhood best friend told me that he likes her and I have to be nice to her." He sighed.

"And... ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter