Memories

It's SHINee in my Room!

 

Kim Minseok - How Come
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
 
-Key’s POV-
 
“Who are you?” She asked softly, it seems she’s afraid of me. What the heck? Why wouldn’t she remember me? That’s weird…
 
“Key! Kibum Kim! Nice joke, May! I’m glad you’re finally awake!” I greeted her with a hug and smiled. I’m really happy that she woke up on me.
 
She quickly pushed me away and replied with a small stare at me then continuing to scan the room with her eyes. “Really, who are you? And why am I here…?”
 
“May… This isn’t a nice joke.” I muttered but she just looked at me with a serious face and her lips frowned. She shook her head and whispered, “I’m not lying…”
 
Is she really serious? Please tell me she isn’t. I’m happy she’s awake, but what is this sudden loss of memory? I really don’t know how to feel or what to believe. I’ll just call the doctors, so I pressed the button to reach them. For the mean time, I guess I’ll try to talk to her again. She’s scared and she’s probably even more lost than me.
 
“May… do you really not remember me?” I asked again as I got a small nod in return.
 
Right there and then, I could feel my heart crush.
 
“Who are you?” May asked again. I didn’t know how or what I would reply, “Umm… Kim Kibum. Key.” “Key?” She asked blinking her eyes, “I’m sorry…” I know it’s not her fault, I’m really lost right now too, I don’t know how I should even reply or what I should say anymore. “It’s ok.” I replied with thoughts filling my head. “Who are you to me?” May questioned. “I’m the one guy everyone thinks as your lover.” I said, still feeling sad but I smiled from the thought of that memory. “My lover?” May said tilting her head.
 
I was just about to tell her everything, but the door quickly opened as the doctors and nurses entered.
 
“Please leave the room for a moment, sir.” The nurse said. I then excused myself out as I heard May’s soft voice call onto me, “Wait…”
~ ~ ~
Right when I stepped out of the room, I saw the four of them standing near it.
 
“She finally woke up?” Minho asked and I nodded as a response. “What happened!?” Jonghyun asked very worried. All of them looked really worried. I don’t know what to say. I know they’ll get really sad if I tell them what just happened.
 
“What’d she say?” Minho voice echoed.
 
“What happened?” Taemin’s voice also echoed.
 
“Is she alright?” Onew-hyung’s voice echoed along.
 
“What did you tell her?” Jonghyun said with his voice echoing along in my head.
 
All their worried questions were playing in my mind. I didn’t know who to answer or what to say. I know I should just tell them the truth. 
 
“Tell me… did she forget who you were!?” Jonghyun questioned with his eyes looking at me with a serious look. What did he know?
 
“Is there anything you haven’t told me?” I asked them before I could speak and tell them what’s going on. “It doesn’t really matter now, what happened!” Jonghyun asked still persisting. “I don’t get why you’re mad right now when it seems you know something I didn’t.” I gave him a pissed off look. “Can you please stop arguing and tell me what happened to noona? Did she really lose her memory or what?” Taemin asked. 
 
“What is this that all of you know something but me? Why didn’t any of you tell me that this was going to happen then?” I asked all of them. “Key, we’re not keeping anything away, we just found out right when you entered her room. We didn’t want disturb your time and whatnot.” Minho replied. 
 
I felt pretty angry they all knew about May’s condition yet they didn’t tell me. “Is this really what friends are for?” I asked them all. “Key, can we not fight in a hospital? Please don’t take it the wrong way. We would have told you sooner, can’t you understand us?” Onew said trying to calm me down. It seems that I couldn’t be and the anger inside me was still rushing.
 
I put my hand into a fist. “Key…” Onew said as he put his hands around my shoulder. “Please stop, fighting here won’t do any good. It’ll just be bad for all of us, and May.” When I heard May’s name, I became calmed although I still felt angry.
 
He was right, I didn’t want to trouble her, specially in the state she’s in. We had attention coming from others in the hall. I’m hoping we didn’t cause much ruckus… or me.
 
The doctor and nurses came outside. The doctor looked around at all of us, “We heard some loud voices from the inside… anything the matter here?” I shook my head in denial. “Well please don’t cause any trouble. The patient, Mayri, seemed to hear some of your voices and was startled. Please don’t cause anything anymore.” The nurse said.
 
I felt bad and frowned. The doctor gave a small smile with a mixture of a frown, “Even though I see some things are going on, it seems she may be feeling well now. I think you should keep feeding her back her memories with stories and such.” The doctor smiled and looked around, “It seems she wants to talk to you, Key.” 
 
“Me?” I questioned him. The doctor nodded, “I think she may be starting to remember you.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Jeongmal Mianhae readers. :( I know I said I'd update more but I didn't. I'm sorry. 3
 
I hope you forgive me. ;~; Anyways, this time, I'll be keeping my word since school ended, I've decided to be working more on my FF's.  Happy reading, my lovelies. ♥